Exalted General - /exg/

What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms of the Chosen Preview.docx?dl=0
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/d8erArwm
pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
pastebin.com/2pPpjjv5
pastebin.com/fLRD51Hf
pastebin.com/VwCdMgCG
pastebin.com/RmUiuBKR
pastebin.com/MbTG7ZH6
pastebin.com/ccPnXHQz

Previous thread: let the shiposting continue

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1T30iWt3UT0QL3yKVXpm86lyxnTfpz3woTTqr08-E4sk/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for no games.

Why did this die?

It used to have notable following a dacade ago and now there’s an abortion of third edition for hardcore fans and even the hardcore fans play it using Apocalypse World.

So, does anyone have the latests overpriced NPCs and/or writeups from the leaked core to an share?

Thank you for your generosity. You are the broest of bros user.

Because you touch yourself at night.

But the threads are active? Also 1E and 2E were undeniably shit compared to 3E's mechanics.

>tfw you want to run an Exalted game again but you have lot of responsibilities IRL.

Mixed feelings.

What Homebrew content you made are you inordinately proud of?

>even the hardcore fans play it using Apocalypse World

Wrong. It is known that Exalted fans never actually play Exalted in any form.

We sit around arguing with each other about Holden.

Well, a lot of it is going to be content-drought. The 3E corebook is the only release the game line's had in seven years. Even if they thought it was cool, anyone who wasn't a hardcore fan was going to move on eventually.

But I wonder if Exalted isn't starting to feel a little dated. It's all a little Nomura chic; big glowy anime dudes with surfboard swords. The "wouldn't you rather be a badass demigod than a level 1shitfarmer" pitch is a straight reaction to the worst ideas of the 90s. Anyone who remembers the 90s is pushing 30 at the very least.

I always thought hatewheel was the worse of the two to be honest.

>But I wonder if Exalted isn't starting to feel a little dated

I wouldn't call it dated. Most videogames, animes etc are all still heavily inspired by those aesthetics. Especially eastern stuff like japan, korea and china. I would say that Exalted is part of the norm. Same visuals. While early games were heavily inspired by 90s anime; new edition lacks visual identity. It is fully of generic fantasy art you can see in every other fantasy rpg.

>We sit around arguing with each other about Holden

Wait, that isn't exalted?

Imagine if Unconquered Sun exalted somone from the sheer amount of arguing about HoldMorke.

That's more of a thing that gets you an Infernal Shard, honestly.

Zenith or Eclipse?

Self righteous spamming of a point is, admittedly, a very Zenith thing to do.

Zenith. Preaching to the choir

>Shard

Worm poster go and stay go

>not knowing Solar Exaltations were also called Shards
>Deathlords making a big deal of getting 150 shards.

Shameful.

Repostan

What the hell are essence lights? They're mentioned in a bunch of books. What are the rules for them? How do you make them?

In 2nd Ed, they were appliances found in Manses, old First Age ruins and the like. You pay a mote to light one up. There was an Artifact 1 ring that let you light them for free.

New Warstrider art in the monday meeting notes. Warstriders: Great for torching mobs of peasants!

What book?

I was expecting something more along these lines

Look at Wonders of the Lost Age or Oadenol's Codex for the ring. The lights themselves I can't remember where to find. They don't have an official, separate entry anywhere as far as I know.

Should be burning beastmen

The Realm on the March! Protecting Creation for Mortals like you and me!

Could still have one look like that if you wanted.

I like the helmet and the weapon. not as fond of the body or shield.

What I mean is it looks like it came from a sci-fi or futuristic game.

Anyone have any good stories from play? Character defining moments, massive obstacles overcome, powerful foes vanquished?

posting in dead game general

check em

My circle used the spell Parting of the Sea to attack a Realm fleet from underneath. We flew underneath on Agata, and the Zenith started punching keels off.

With stories like this I find it hard to envision Exalted. If players are single handedly beating a fleet I don't know what kind of challenge you need to represent so it actually provides a challenge.

This happened in my game, it's quite a read though.

Generally speaking, what you need more than anything else is an Exalt level opponent. Even a lone Dragonblooded, equipped and outfitted appropriately, can be a threat to PCs in a even armies of mortals are not.

The Realm has gone into development, art for Arms of the Chosen is at WW approval and files are being sent so they can start on layout.

*in a way even armies of mortals are not

Exalted isn't necessarily about being a challenging system, though there are many circumstances that would prove challenging for player characters (a lot of them supernatural by nature or themselves exalted). Its more about being an awesome demigod who does awesome demigod things in a world filled largely with mundane mortals, but also some other demigods for spice. If I may clumsily use a videogame simile: If Dungeons and Dragons is a Souls-esque game designed to encourage careful building, planning, and other aspects of system mastery, Exalted is a Musou game where you can tap X repeatedly to kill a thousand people effortlessly so you can get to the real dual between you and Lu Bu. Exalted is a game of catharsis.

Got more of the good stuffs?

Oh yeah

Worm poster?

You mean Arms in Layout and has the Art for approval, with Realm and DB in development

We didn't destroy that fleet, actually. We destroyed five ships before they caught onto us (and we only got that far because we bound those mist-demons from Compass: West to cover our approach), and then they rode out on the backs of air elementals to fight us off. We had a very unpleasant reminder that only one of us had Ride, while down on the deck of the flagship the Essence 6+ admiral force-fed our Dawn his own ass.

But we destroyed six of their ships, and didn't lose one warrior, so that's a win, right?

Yeah, this doesn't make sense as explaining why infernals can use SMA.

>Actually this is because Infernals embody their masters
They reflect their masters, and have similar powers.
They don't have the same limitations.

>You know, primordials ARE their nature and can not even comprehend things outside their purview. No primordial, yozi or neverborn can learn martial arts, because the primordials nature as living concepts forbids them to mimic
other concepts.

Infernals can learn Martial arts.
They can act in ways that can't be enhanced by excellencies they know.

They can even make charms for themself (given enough development), or heretical charms that mix yozis.

>In that regard Infernals are fascinating: they mirror their patons to the point of such perfection, courtesy of the maimed solar exaltation in there, if you ask me, they become them.

They only become a Yozi if they learn "(Yozi) Cosmic Principle".

Frankly, it makes more sense to forbid Solars and Abyssals from getting SMA than giving it to Infernals too.

They're all powerful enough. They don't *need* it, except to affirm their status as superking bignuts.

He doesn't choose who gets exalted, but he sometimes sends them a message.

Zeniths always receive a message from him (at least in 2e)

I wonder what sort of message he would give.

Solars have the general theme of excellence. Abyssals, as inverted death Solars, have the same theme, or at least a variation on it. Infernals don't. They are so far mutated from the Solar base that they're barely recognizable. That's one reason why they don't get SMAs.

A shitty webnovel

>He doesn't choose who gets exalted, but he sometimes sends them a message.
2e lol

I need to go back and write up the 3rd day of our Megasession that involved 2 groups of 11 people total crossing over to save the day. We got days 1 and 2 written up. No screencap but I have the Google Doc we wrote it in.

docs.google.com/document/d/1T30iWt3UT0QL3yKVXpm86lyxnTfpz3woTTqr08-E4sk/edit?usp=sharing

I don't like it, no sir. The shield is alright I guess, but I was really envisioning a guymelef.

Not really a fan either, a bit too sleek-tech looking for me.

Pretty sure Warstriders juggle a lot of aesthetics. This one does have a bit of a 'Day the Earth Stood Still' thing going on, but I have no doubt that other 'striders will be channeling Eva or Escaflowne.

Maybe you are right. Or perhaps we will see a classic problem with developers and artist not seeing eye to eye in same way that happened with core book.

I feel it's too heavy on the tech side of magitech. Looking at this it would be at home in many sci-fi settings without changing anything, that I feel is a problem. It's just generic sci-fi robot, with the generic sleek technology feel.

Magitech should still clearly be at home in a fantasy setting, the shield is the only real thing that makes it vaguely fantasy-like. Warforged I think are a decent basis, they're clearly more advanced but still very much medieval fantasy.

What exactly is wrong with that bit?

>Implying you can use that giant robot to hit those peasants.

When will they learn? It's a giant robot. It can't be used to attack people. It is too big and also too powerful to touch people. This picture makes no sense.

The robot should be attacking the wall of a city or something. This picture is thoroughly disgusting.

>hey lads stop drawing so much attention
>hey lads stop drawing so much attention the wyld hunt exists
>hey lad I bumped into the wyld hunt
>hey lads I just got ambushed by the wyld hunt
>hey lads they're in town
>hey lads the wyld hunt exists
>hey lads I got ambushed again, and this time I died
>...
>hey lads my new character hates the wyld hunt

Try yozi attempting to enter Creation.

What do you do with weapons in times of peace?

I could see a DB cowing the peasantry when they get a bit too uppity for her liking.

Don't bother. He's whining that he can't bring his giant robot to every fight and rename the game "Warstrider". Just ignore him before he shits up the thread with his bitching.

>I could see a DB cowing the peasantry when they get a bit too uppity for her liking.

Okay. As long as it is understood that this Warstrider has no chance against those peasants, I can see it happening.

Wait what how was Anju still alive?

Just a guess but I don't think she was really there. Truth still chose to kill her, unfortunately.

3e he chooses his Exalted and only Zenith get any kind of message

Sure it does. It's a Battle Group, not an individual; Battle Groups are big enough to be hit easily by a warstrider.

Now if they scattered and attacked him one-by-one, he'd be proper fucked.

When using Brawl and Melee, should you go with Dodge or Resistance?

Resistance, if only for Ox Body
But why are you going for Brawl and Melee? Why not just one, and then get both Dodge and Resistance?
Or why not Archery and Brawl?

Resistance. They already have a defensive ability packed in.

I remember someone (you probably?) posting that day 2 here at some point.
Thanks for the collection.

>Single Point Shining in the Void Style lets you sheath your sword after every attack
>Stormcaller makes a free full Melee Excellency every time you sheath your sword
>Rising Sun Slash with Foe Cleaving Method gives you free motes for each 10 in your Full Melee Excelencies
>Combine them all for crazy mote regeneration
Rate my cheese

Fiore Sardo/Paesanella Burrata

What's bad about worm?

Does Impervious Sphere of Water control spell effect as the Sorcerer's footsteps leaving wet footprints sound okay?

The fans and the rules the universe operates on.

where is that mentioned?

It's written like shit and it's horribibible to try and read

where is that mentioned?

That doesn't really tell me anything.

also if the fans of something are shitty that doesn't mean the work itself is shitty.

It's popular, people like it, they are discussing it instead of discussing about Exalted, sometimes they even mix worm and Exalted. It's simply disgusting.

No, a bad work attracts bad people. Look to shonen fighting mangas, and you see it will be true.

>it is poorly written
>doesn't tell me anything

Are you looking for criticism that aligns with your worldview?

Will Arms or Dragon-Blooded have more spells?

that is self contradictory

how would one tell if something aligns or doesn't align with their world view, when they aren't given any info on it.

Saying "it is bad" and "it was badly written" are functionally equivalent here.

dragon-blooded probably will not have spells, but it will include the Heptagram's sorcerous initiation. also, apparently DB sworn brotherhoods no longer require a spell to be made.

I don't remember anyone discussing worm in an exalted thread, or crossovers with it for several years. Well, until it got brought up now.

That is just what I am able to remember, but where did this usually happen? I can't really see it happening on Onyxpath, although its not implausible.

It sounds fine to me. Although I am not that familiar with control spells.

Eh there's the occasional request for Exalted stories and Alchemical Solutions getting rec'd?

There are roughly two big Exalted communities: the circlejerking faglords, and the autismbux retards. The autismbux retards live in SV and SB and frequently mixes worm and Exalted. The circlejerking faglords live in this general and Onyx Path and don't really care about worm.

Usually one is either a circlejerking faglord or an autismbux moron, but rarely both (no one is that horrible a person). You are a circlejerking faglord, be proud of it.

I forget, is Banishment a thing in 3e (yet)?
Don't have the PDF on the phone atm, gotta erectify that.

No, banishment isn't in the core book.

Helpful addendum:

Typical circlejerking faglords retorts:
>Craft isn't so bad! (only the biggest of the biggest still use that tho).
>Of course a big mecha is useless against a human, it's a big mecha, it can't move that quickly you moron!
>The new!evocations are perfectly fine, I don't see the issue.
>Worm is shit.

Typical autismbux retards retorts:
>Magitek being phased out in 3e is wrong!
>I don't appreciate the tone of the new edition, there's too much magic and not enough explanations.
>Worm is the shit.

Seeing the bias of each community can help you recognize when a particular answer is automatic, stupid, and wrong. Look at the mecha example. It is obvious the automatic deep seated answer of a circlejerking faglord isn't quite right, but you should only think about it in the zeitgeist of a particular community.

Same thing for magitek whiners, or the people who accept the new!evocations, or the people who accept craft. They are only parroting, and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Armed with that knowledge, I hope you'll grow up to become a better exalted fan, user.

My view on this stuff:

Worm has it's issues, but it is well written for what is essentially a first draft.

Some notable problems include:
The pacing, especially towards the end of the story. Most of the story takes place within a month, despite being over 500 thousand words long.
Certain antagonists who are normally smart, suddenly acting like fucking retards.

The fandom has it's own issues.

There are a large amount of cross overs it has with exalted (relatively speaking), but most are dead, and there aren't any that were made recently.

Why don't people like those crossovers? I wouldn't be able to answer that.
I'd guess they don't like worm, or feel it doesn't work as a crossover.