"Bad Decisions" Edition

"Bad Decisions" Edition

Last time on /edhg/:
RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What's the worst Magic-related decision you've ever made? Failed decks, trades before price spikes, even dumb misplays, anything goes.

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/store-play-evolves-2017-07-16
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/31-05-17-spirit-tribal-edh/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for not eating too much at dinner so you don't feel sick

Speaking of bad desicions, way to go me for forgetting the goddamn title.

I dun goofed and forgot to sell my 5 cocos while they were 25 bucks. Now I don't know what the fuck to do with them. Do I hold onto them hoping that they'll slowly climb up in price from Modern?

They might go up a bit if the Ixalan UG Merfolk deck ends up being a thing.

Anyone draw-go control here?

I traded away an extra grave titan and a mikaeus the unhallowed for kokusho and wurmcoil because the shop didnt have all the stuff i wanted

Before I got back into Magic, I sold an aether vial for $5 because I had no idea what anything was worth.

>have the deckbuilding bug
>can't decide on what to build

Fuck

>killed discord but forgot the same fags obsessivley suck Sally's dick
8/10 but you lose some points for missing that title, son.

I know that feel. I've spent months brewing a new deck every single day and every time I either stopped because I didn't like it or finished the list and never put it together.

Where and what do you even look up to find sleeves with have frontal graphics?
I really like the look of this particular sleeve ya got.

Build Best Bug Boy fallen amonkhet gods pls go and stay go

>thread question

I was new to the game and blew my wrath of god on turn 4 when someone casted pic related

That's an Oversleeve or Sleeve Guard/Protector. It's used in Triple-Sleeving, aka: the final step before 99 Toploader Singleton.

I was playing Breya and tutored out a fun combo instead of my game winning infinite, and next turn got my field hate wiped and spent that long miserable game getting every permanent I played destroyed.

>What's the worst Magic-related decision you've ever made?

Started playing in the khans block, traded away my ugin that i just opened for a bunch of timmy rares

>only get the desire to build and brew when I'm preoccupied with other shit
>once I have time to I simply lose all interest in it

Threadly reminder that this game is currently undergoing the exact same speculation asshattery that crashed the Comic Book Industry.

I see. I've only ever perfect fit, sleeve, toploaded/hard cased before.

intrdasting

Where the fuck you get em?

I refuse to believe that's real

Look for KMC character guards. Heads up beforehand, your deck will be fucking fat. It probably won't fit in even a satin tower.

uh, you don't get to bring spells

Same thing happened to me when I left because of Mirrodin and rejoined for Scars of Mirrodin. Goodbye, my lovely Karn.

Good thing Wizards decided to start printing their ink on shittier card board, eh, boys

>What's the worst Magic-related decision you've ever made? Failed decks, trades before price spikes, even dumb misplays, anything goes.
Trading a Norn on NP prerelease for a foil Engulfing Slagwurm, still feel like a retard whenever I remember that.

Thats pretty strong, wow

Suprised this isnt a rare.

Quick question, does the countered card go to the graveyard if it's an ability on a creature?

This. Triple sleeved (Perfect Fit + Dragon Shield + Character Guard) decks can't fit inside Satin Tower, so you would need to resort to a bigger box or take out the perfect fit

>buy out a fuckton of C17
>local Walmart vendors order a lot more because they know they can sell more to normal people if they move fast enough
>new shipments come in before he can flip them and his "market" dries up overnight

No

Going to use my left over shitty minotaurs from when I first got into make a commander deck using some of the new stuff. Any tips?

>Mefolk support? FUCK THAT, it's a siren pirate wizard.

>he's the calm that hides the coming storm

who is he?

They want a 1-drop so Pirate decks can trigger Beckett's ability more consistently.

STORM CROW CONFIRMED, I REPEAT:
STORM
CROW
CONFIRMED

standard is doomed

>What's the worst Magic-related decision you've ever made?

I had a chance to buy some stuff from a guy who had actually known some of the East Coast Playtesters and had been collecting since Beta. I only ended up getting a Mishra's Workshop and Transmute Artifact, but I had the chance to buy some stuff like Bazaar of Baghdad and even an Unlimited Black Lotus, but passed up on it.

Please note that it's "spell or ability that targets you or a creature you control."

I've had friend after friend ditch Hindering Light from their decks because of this limitation.

Uncommon is exactly where this guy fits. Still seems like a far worse Judge's Familiar to me.

>Thread question
I traded a Liliana of the Veil for a Lord of Riots at RTR prerelease because I was new and had no fucking idea about card values.

They could've made Beckett's ability less stupid in the first place

I did not pick up cavern of souls or grove of the burnwillows before the prices spiked.

I sold 2 Damnations to my friend for $20 each back when they were in standard.

Well, at least that one got vindicated by time and they're actually under $20 these days.

If I'm gonna draft a decently recent set, probably a box being around $80-125, what would be the best for possible future EDH cards?

FUUUUUCK WHY COULDN'T THIS HAVE BEEN A FISH TO REPLACE CURSECATCHER

>they're actually under $20 these days

Planar Chaos copies are still typically over $20.

Draft a Conspiracy box, fun to draft with and lots of goofy interaction cards

Dralnu seems like a cool control commander, but how often does this downside come up? I don't want to get nuked out of the game for messing up

Is WotC too scared to ban artifact lands from EDH because they don't want their new baby
Breya to get dropped?

True, but not too terribly far over. Beats them being like $40-50 like they were.

why would they ban artifact lands?

He's a Storm deck. You should only be putting him out when you're about to storm off with a double High Tide or Paradox engine play. Otherwise 100% of the time you'll get hit with a Blasphemous Act and lose your board.

I bought like 10 fetchlands about a week before they were spoiled in Khans. Enemy and Allied, the release dropped the price of both significantly.

That felt bad

Hey, what's that up in the sky?

They're not as good in EDH because you can only play one of each and Affinity isn't good here.

Artifact lands aren't broken in EDH. They're banned in formats where Affinity is a thing because at 4 of and with Ravager/Cranial Plating support all but guaranteed in your first two turns they're degenerate, but they only give Breya a little boost and she doesn't need them. Also
>WotC
>EDH banlist
This is a Sheldor thread.

He's kind of outshone by Kess now.

You only get one of each, and assuming she's your commander, that'd be a maximum of four.
There's no reason to ban them. Nigga's ain't playin' turn 3 affinity wins in EDH.

>Artifact lands being a problem
>Breya being a problem

I get the impression someone in your playgroup just beat your ass with some disposable Thopters and you're feeling a bit salty about it.

>run that in Mizzix
so much value

Please note that it also counters abilities.

He still has the upside of being possibly used more than once per turn and at instant speed.

>Storm

well damn, I thought he'd be more akin to Rashmi where I play him and start getting tons of value

THAT
is also very, very true.
Good point, user.

Wonder if this'll end up as a promo. Wizards seems to love this kinda card.

>Wonder if this'll end up as a promo.

Didn't you get the memo? wizard only print double sided tokens as promos now

here link:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/store-play-evolves-2017-07-16

>The second is a move to foil double-sided tokens from the then-current set rather than foil cards from recent Standard-legal sets.
>We're hoping foil double-sided tokens offer something different and exciting.

>What's the worst Magic-related decision you've ever made? Failed decks, trades before price spikes, even dumb misplays, anything goes.
Playing M:tG.

and after this they'll cry that the attendance for FNM is at an all time low.

Oh, shit, no, I didn't.

So they went from promoing anything, to no promo mythics, to... we only do tokens now.

Aight. That's kind of fucking lame.

Just FNM?

Holy fuck
If it meant foil Rebecca Guay art lands forever, I'd be moderately fine with it, but I know it won't be

>dat swamp

Darksteel Citadel makes it 5 friendo :^)

My retarded ass thought Breya was Esper
Forgot she's four colors

>Thread Question: What's the worst Magic-related decision you've ever made? Failed decks, trades before price spikes, even dumb misplays, anything goes.

>used to playing EDH with my group friends and getting drunk then we all shit talk when we do something dirty on the board
>get used to playing like this
>go to card shop and play with randoms
>its just down to me and another guy
>have Animar at like 5 1/1+ counters so everything costs nothing almost
>he swings out cause he thinks its over
>tell him "kill yourself retard" and play Aetherize then on my turn plau temur ascendancy and all of the creatures in my hand
>do 25 damage and win
>card store doesn't like me because I said it to a kid

This was recent how the fuck do I recover bros? Should I just go to a new store?

You apologize to the kid you told to kill himself and the store owner for tarnishing his store's reputation and then you don't do it again you aspie fuckhead.

why did you reply to me?

Another flying man for Edric, Time Wizard of Trest.

>Told an underage kid whose playing to have fun to kys himself

Stick to your 'friends' and don't socialize with anyone else unless your caretaker friends say it's ok.

Thread question:
Either traded away my stoneforge mystic right before scars of mirrodin was revealed or sold my lilli of the veil at the prerelease of innistrad.

As far as I know legacy has full power affinity and affinity is like high tier 3 there.

The physical act of building decks sucks. I just make lists and lists and lists for days.

Sek'kuar and Mairsil need too much shit to work.

Please sell all of your slivers so that slivers come back ;_;

>tfw want to play cool weird enchantments just because

maybe I'll slap this into edgar to force everyone else to turn dudes sideways too.

Why are cards that cost triple black so appealing? I half want to dark ritual out a Bridge From Below just to see people's faces.

This would be so bad in my monoblack deck, but I want it anyway.

Damn I was thinking of something really nasty with the new Mirri and this card until I saw "could have attacked"

>playing GW Selvala
>"Hey man, is that Paradox Engine?"
>tell him yes
>"Ugh, I hate Paradox Engine, takes forever."
>pulls out JVP, plays High Tide, proxied Timetwister and Candelabra
>mfw

>dragons

what do you do?

>run the Reiterate infinite in Mizzix for a win-con
>rarely use it because stacking experience counters is so fun
I want to find a play-style that lets me keep stacking experience counters and drawing cards, but my playgroup is so mean...

Glance meaningfully at my Dead Man Switch (aka untapped Nev's Disk)

Play my preferred 5 mana tribal artifact instead.

>no more than one creature can attack you

your opponents can still be attacked without restrictions can't they?

Laugh, then kill you with Insect tokens. Just like I did the last time we played, Nick.

This one

Yep, when I read season at first I thought it just said all untapped creatures that didn't attack not could have

Thought you were safe from the black deck, did you?

it's the necropotence effect

The benefit of this compared to Amulet is so minor.

Because a lot of the old black cards, especially the ones with BBB in the cost, had a "black begets black" style to them

hey guys what is your opinion on my shitty spirit tribal commander deck?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/31-05-17-spirit-tribal-edh/