Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Aspected_Enchanters__The_universe_trying_to_telling_you_off.thread
>Full_Omegaware_Build_for_Aspiring_Street_Samurai.zdf
>TMs.knwsft
>AI_Deckers__How_ironic.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 10 (70% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, what the fuck happened to your infiltrator?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Dealing_With_A_Great_Dragon.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Mistakes Edition
What mistakes did you do?
Worst built characters?
Dumbest ideas in a run?
Cringiest Players?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_youngest_birth_mothers
lmgtfy.com/?q=burnout adept
perturbator.bandcamp.com/album/new-model
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What mistakes did you do?
I let one of my players take up blood magic.

I was once part of a knight errand fast response team, tasked with retrieving some execs kidnapped daughter. After successfully locating her and mowing down the would be ransomers, we stood before the last metal door and instead of cracking the lock our resident idiot mr. raptor-mc-cyberlegs-with-built-in-jump-hydraulic decided to kick the door down. He critically glitched, the door flew from the hinges, slammed into the oposite wall and in the process turned a cute 5 year old girl into chunky red paste.

>Knight Errand

Well that's what they get for going with the knockoff budget offering.

Is that art a joke mockup or something CGL paid someone for?

>rescue female
>doesnt impregnate her
dude what are you a fuckin elf?

Our polish accents should've been a dead giveaway.

>CGL
>paid

It's official

>rescue
That usually implies people being, you know, alive.

I am now imagining a few jumped-up gangers in really trashed armor with Knight Errand written on it calling themselves a Fast Response Team and demanding they be treated as such.

Its an actual kid you piece of pedophilic drek

Also, backstory idea: What qualities would a Runner who was forced to fight his own his family to the death have? The backstory is a dictator who conquered his country forced his family to kill one another for sport said dictator died years ago by someone else so no revenge story

Can you use genital replacement surgery to put an adult womb in a kid tho?

I think my game's bunraku parlors just got a bit more perverse.

Well, it was a stupid typo, but i actually like this idea quite alot.

Stealing this for a run idea

>Also, backstory idea: What qualities would a Runner who was forced to fight his own his family to the death have? The backstory is a dictator who conquered his country forced his family to kill one another for sport said dictator died years ago by someone else so no revenge story
Is there some sort of maximum edgy angst award you are going for?

I just wanted to see what kind of person would come from this kind of background personality wise

>Replaying SR: Hong Kong.
>Last thing I did before quitting to come shitpost on /srg/ was talking to Gobbet about improvising when runs go bad.
>Hear the story about the Streetsam with the crazy augmented legs killed their mark by accidentally kicking the duraplast door through him
>Come to Veeky Forums
>Read this.

Probably a junkie.

>SR: Hong Kong
Is that one of the android games? Are they good?

Fucking fanboys, doing it for free.

I am currently trying to port the Vishkar Corporation from Overwatch for a Shadowrun campaign , and am struggling on how to show the use of its hard light tech without it being an instant death " you have been found, the floor disappears under your feet and you fall to your death."

I think only the core and the original version of Dragonfall were made with android and other mobile devices in mind.

IIRC, the Director's Cut of Dragonfall and all of HK were made with being PC games in mind.

Adapisin requires Restricted gear as it's over availability 12 (assuming this is a standard character not a prime runner) that's ten karma, Burnout is 15 and biocompatability is 5 again assuming standard character creation, that's 30 karma of positive qualities you can't have all three. You drop the adapsin as it produces the essentially same effect as biocompatability for far greater cost.

IIRC the Hardlight stuff actually constructs material. So it can quickly build something, but not quickly destroy it.

>Letting Slamm-O Slamm-U

Does an AI character do well rigging? What are the shortfalls of AI in general? What are they great at?

Slamm-U sounds like a very lucky (or unlucky) changling that's mostly whale.

Also, I forgot above but,

They're pretty good games if not system representative. (That's also a good thing, if only because of the niche within a niche that would be 2e simulation.)

Dead Man's Switch is the worst of the three, but not bad. Just remember to use Overwatch well in the late game.

From there it's all to taste as to if Dragonfall or Hong Kong is better.

An AI, if you build for it and play safe, can be a great rigger and thus a good street sam.

The downside is that the attributes are scaled back as if you'd done a mostly even spread of physical attributes, most of their Advanced Programs aren't worth getting, and they're really gear dependant.

They're good at surviving assuming they don't get two shot, they can technically steal stuff in real time (ish), and can in a pinch actually do hacking.

But trust me when I say that making an acceptable hacking AI is insanely ass-backwards.

AFAIK AIs are good at three things
>Exceeding in a mental attribute
AIs can get a quality that removes the upper limit on one of their mental attribute. Best example is Cinnamon, an AI with a CHA of 13, but you can also be the most perceptive and fastest motherboardfucker in the Matrix with high INT, Smarter than any Great Dragon with high LOG or able to kill matrix enemies through basically Matrix Shrapnel with high WIL
>Being a Sammy
If you take Pilot origins you replace Pilot with your Depth. Drones use Pilot for Agility.
>Stealing cars
You have a power that allows you to become the owner of a device. Enter a car, become the owner, open the door, drive to the nearest chop-shop and deliver the unscratched, now ownerless car.

>you can't have all three
Unless you buy biocomp in game or are playing prime.

So, you can persona fix someone with trodes, right?
Can an AI work as a personafix program?

They're the best Shadowrun games both for the setting and for the feel of the game (they very loosely approximate 2e rules)
Dragonfall and Hong Kong both have very strong writing and are engaging rpgs in their own right.
and gobbet a qt

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

But the fact that you shouldn't means that people have of course already done it.

>But the fact that you shouldn't means that...

People will pay very handsomely for it?

I want to give Glory a head pat.

A normal AI is unlikely to be able to do that. One that evolved from a Personafix might still be able to, but it's a very iffy/strange thing.

I dont think a adult womb would fit ina child tough

Depends on the kid, and how much of their stomach and intestines you're also willing to replace with cyberware.

No need to worry about that, kids can get pregnant just fine!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_youngest_birth_mothers

I'm still baffled by the people who feel that CGL should write more on sex in the 6th world, because this discussion is literally it.

Can you imagine it? Yes? It exists. No? Well it's still out there.

How many adventures has CGL written that take you to the deep ends of the 6th worlds depravity ?

i seriously don't know, have they written any ?

and a hug

To justify having a bunraku brothel full of stolen children loaded out with enough 'ware and cosmetic surgery to satisfy every fetish.

I already make up my own lore whenever I don't like something CGL has decided as canon anyway. Why ask to have them dictate what depravity looks like when they can barely write anything already?

You know, because they have the IP and should lend a guiding hand to GMs that are just learning what makes cyberpunk punk ?

And CGL have decided that sex only needs a few paragraphs at the start of a CRB to talk about sex. They obviously disagree that depraved sex is a very important part of cyberpunk.

>They obviously disagree
They obviously don't.

>thinking some sjw writers get to decide what is and isn't included in cyberpunk

Nihilism and hedonism, paired with the resources to go full retard on them are two big parts of cyberpunk, even cgl admittet that with ther short text on that, they are just afraid to offend anybody by wrting more about it.

There's an old Missions adventure where you find a young girl part way through bunraku surgery. Third edition, an interview with a catgirl changeling skirts talking frankly about sex & libido with a changeling. Fourth edition, a mod "deletes" a rant on sex with shapeshifters. I don't think they need to get more explicit in mentioning all the fucked up things you can do for it to legit exist within the setting.

They were being held hostage. Now they are no longer being held hostage. Stop nitpicking.

When you above and beyond and not only free them from the hostage taker, but from the grasp of life itself.
If anything they should have gotten a promotion for that.

>Are they good?
Yes.

>30 karma of positive qualities you can't have all three.
Adept Ways don't count against your Quality Karma limit.

I really like them but i would prefer if they were more focused in "random" miszions and you growing more as shadowrunner than some greater plot

90% of the missions in Dragonfall and Hong Kong were random contract work. The only runs in Hong Kong that were 'main plot' missions were going into the Walled City for the first time, the Plastic-Man run, the major corporate extraction, and then going back into the Walled City.

This is why i like hk more but i really meant without major plot
And choosimg the caharacter background

>46 of 3 suspects confirmed dead

What the hell are "gel rounds 2050"? They're in chummer but not SR5.

You have the 2050 sourcebook turned on.

Nope. Just checked. Is it a glitch?

The guy that implemented it forgot to change the source for those to 2050, looks like. I'll sort it out shortly.

I don't understand more than half of these.

Then learn

So, I've seen the term "burnout adept" thrown around a bunch

What is a burnout adept?
spoonfeed me pls

lmgtfy.com/?q=burnout adept

They're adepts who burned out. Both the noun and the adjective are common in SR, if you don't know them you need to lurk moar and read a book or two.

acting like being spoonfed is something you should ever want, and not simply take as a sign that you're an infant who needs to learn more

A dirty minmaxer. But really though, a "burnout" is an Awakened person (a person capable of using Magic) who, due to poor decisions or accidents, become addicted to cyberware which in turn diminishes their magical abilities. Thus they pack in more cyber in a desperate bid to reclaim their lost power, only to lose more of it with every piece of metal, plastic, and circuitry they weld to themselves. Eventually they have too much of it to even cast the simplest of cantrips.

There are certain builds that sacrifice a certain amount of magical ability to gain greater boons from cyberware, thus maximizing the overall abilities of the runner.

Adept that burns out their magic with Essence loss, then buys their magic back up with initiation and a shit-ton of karma investment.

An adept with cyberware or bioware. Those fuckers can be absolute monsters.

>New Perturbator
>It's basically fucking perfect Cyberpunk

perturbator.bandcamp.com/album/new-model

Have you guys ever run a drake or had a player that ran as one?

Why exclude a member of the hobby user? Why act like a pretentious faggot?

I played an adept drake once, it was fun. I only transformed during jobs, & had drake modded Sleeping Tiger to stealth most of me. Wielded a claymore.

Because spoonfeeding leads to a deathspiral. If someone can't be arsed to look something up on their own, they're not really going to be an asset to the hobby.

We can save the hugbox bullshit for when CGL loses the license and we actually want people to buy Shadowrun shit.

user, that's /a/ logic.
It's what turned them into a cesspool for talking about anything anime related.
we're Veeky Forums, we don't do that.

I'm thinking of going for a Stealth Way Adept infiltrator wielding a katana.

We don't spoonfeed either. I'm happy to help, but I can't be bothered with people who can't be bothered to handle simple shit themselves.

Look, I don't give a shit about whatever /a/ memes you think are important.
Here we don't roll that way, and I don't appreciate you trying to do your board invasion shit here.

You sound new. Veeky Forums hasn't been for spoonfeeding in generals since we saw what happend to /pfg/.

>Veeky Forums
>using the term spoonfeeding
>calling anyone new
It's always weird to get those /a/ immigrants.

you mean /A/ immigrants.

Gee oldfag, you sure showed us!

Ah, the old "you mad" defense. Perfect for the newfag.

He asked for clarification on nomenclature you asinine swizzle stick. You can't "look it up". Its like using the word gish in a D&D thread. Granted there is the Burnout's Way, what most people call a burnout adept, but its not called that in the game book, & when it is it is a small mention in a source book. So asking him to pour over hundreds of pages of shitty editted books which he may not even has access to is simply retarded

The gall to respond with such distain to someone asking for help... why even devote so much energy into being an asshole?

Rolled 2, 2, 6 = 10 (3d6)

>Here we don't roll that way

No, we roll this way.

Jesus christ, I've not seen someone fall apart into shitposting this hard in a while.
I guess people get angry when you tell them we don't use those memes here.

That is correct, that is how we roll.

It's what people from the shitty boards do.

Hey, they can't help that they haven't lurked long enough to know how Veeky Forums operates.
Well, they can, but they refuse to because they are bad people.

While i did something similar i must stress not to be too edgy. A ninja drake is just soooo edgy right from the concept. I'd change your weapon fluffwise. A longsword with katana stats or something. Less ninja stealth vibe & more spec ops stealth vibe etc.

>mfw stacking burnouts way and adapsin

This is why you should always put points into Etiquette folks, otherwise you come off like this faggot here

>You can't "look it up"
You can definitely look up "burnout" in Street Magic or Street Grimoire.

Dont forget prototype transhuman

he put points in the wrong etiquette is the problem.

It does not anywhere say they don't count as qualities.While there things that are like that (like infected qualities) the all explicitly state they are and ways by RAW are not one of them. The text on ways refers back to the core rulebook section of qualities so that further suggests they behave like normal qualities

You can't have adapsin Burnout's way and biocompatibility, and you should definitely prioritise biocompatibility over adapsin, it's cheaper and has the same effect.

Good advice. Trying to think of their backstory now. Currently leaning on ex-protege/servant of Ryumyo.

I dont see drake. That shit needs dragons