Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

The Emperor's greatest edition.

Old: >Death Guard stuff, including cool video and some stats/abilities for Mortarion
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/03/mortarion-and-the-death-guard-next-weekend/

>Next 3 codexes, Necromunda and Chapter Approved stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/breaking-news-studio-preview-from-the-nova-open/

>Konor Campaign,rigged
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Mechanicum-Triaros-Armoured-Conveyer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FIRST FOR CUTEDAR

Does Farsiders fit for a fleet based chapter that operates in crusades and distant sectors?

FUCK YOU
SISTERS A QT !

That isn't cute, that's sexy.

How shit are Plaguebearers?

>want to play my blood angels
>index BA have jack shit in terms of flavor
At least Ad Mech is coming out soon. Maybe they'll have something to them.

First for cute Tyranid

They're alright in big numbers and with a herald.

How is my aura/infantry focused CF army looking?

So, starting my new Ynnari Eldar force; I am trying to get Yvraine for my army, but she is either super expensive or out of stock. I also don't want to blow 85$ on a box set including a tranny god and a beta-orbiter boyfriend. So what are some good alternatives to Yvraine?

I HAD TO QUICKLY SELECT SOMETHING user AND THAT WAS FIRST ONE.

could always sell the other two minis you don't want on ebay or something

???

The flies and cloud indicate Mortation is going down but the cloth indicates he's going up.

What's going on?

???

BUT YOU POSTED THE OPPOSITE IMAGE OF THE TEXT THAT IS FALSE POSTERTIZING

Slow down son, this is a blue board!

All are manifestations of his will.
Applying natural laws to it is pointless.

Retard

Dedicated skittle APC when?

>tfw you get THE DEALS

You anons get any great eBay deals recently?

What's the most fun Chaos Legion to play in this edition?
I'm currently going Crimson Slaughter, but that was solely because I started with Dark Vengeance.
Thousand Sons look interesting, but at the same time I don't want to be a Psyker unless the mechanics changed to actually be entertaining.

YOUR OBSERVATIONS SHALL NOT SURVIVE THE HOUR!

Snagged 7 metal incubi for £30

I got a recast Leviathan with Storm Cannon and Claw for a little under $50. I'm hoping he's not horribly fucked up.

YET THIS THREAD SHALL BE ARCHIVED. THEY WILL ENDURE.

what would you call a nurgle aligned night lords offshoot?

I presume something about night and scythes and reaping or something.

Sounds like Mon'keigh propaganda to me.

Fly Lords (Lords of the Flies, if you want to be cheeky)

Fart reapers

He is floating. The clouds underneath are keeping him afloat and above are just floating away like smoke.

And your false prophesy is laid bare for all to see, xenos filth.

Give me some Tau vs Imperium Novels REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wtf is that? And how big is it? Looting the shit out of that for my Orks so my warboss can have a bling ass ride. Is it Trukk size or battlewagon size?

Not a bad idea; but I'm not sure anybody would want to split it. The two other Eldar players are a old school Aspect player and a actual transgender person who plays Dark Eldar.

Alpha is cool for power gaming, the ability to infiltrate a bunch of units could be fun if you set up some ambushes.
I like emperors children for the noisey boys, sonic dreads and lucius is my favourite character because the idea of a bunch of screaming lunatics gaining euphoria in battle appeals to me.
It's up to you man what you like.

Already exist, well as a undefined GW namedrop.

Got a OOP metal warboss with attack squid for a ten spot, still in its packaging.

Too busy preparing for the Final Dance.

You know that tau will win?

>Regimental rules will be included in the new Imperial Guard Book
What are my fellow Guardsmen looking forward to seeing in the codex? I'm hoping regiment rulesso LRBTs the love they deserve and certain infantry units are toned down.

Triaros Armoured Conveyer, for HH Mechanicum and really damn expensive. Like over £80, but kinda hueg.

You think fem tau ever get weird with that slit on their forehead?

30k MECHANICUM TRIAROS ARMOURED CONVEYER

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Mechanicum-Triaros-Armoured-Conveyer
Not sure on the size and I'm not buying from FW to find out.

As long as it includes Mordian iron Guard, I don't care.

Thanks, def closer to the size of a battlewagon.

Didn't even think about Alpha. I Am Alpharius is a really fucking goofy mechanic.
Are Noisy Boys good this edition?

How do you motivate yourself to finish that last bit on models?
I'm actually usually ok with getting started etc, but the finishing touches I seem incapable of doing.

My guess is it's knowing they're not great, and finishing it says I'm done despite them not looking good, but that doesn't help me do it.

I use the money I earn commission painting to buy warhammer shit.

I have $1200 in it.

What should I buy? No emperor titans or other fucking bullshit.

Infantry squads with over 10 models.
I don't like how commissars only benefit conscripts.
Carapace armour for infantry/vets would be nice too.

You danced your last ten thousand years ago, Eldar fool. What you call a dance are merely death throes of a doomed body.

Stock in GW

I'll get my sisters on you, bitch.

Fly Borne

You have received good training

What's a competitive elite force (small model count) I can suggest for my buddy?

Nightmare Mode: No Grey Knights or Space marines

Ultranightmare Mode: Make it Adeptus Mechanicus with no Titans/Knights

AdMech Kastellan, Onager, and Servitor Spam.

Try not to fuck them, Mother of Slaanesh.

>small model count
>hur dur spam servitors

The Blight Lords?

Kastellan spam is the best spam.

Where can I find the results from the NOVA GT? Am I dumb? Couldn't find shit on their website.

Also kinda wanted to know the winners of capital palette - I couldn't go to the closing ceremony.

Battle Servitors, not lobotomized prisoners, you fucking ape.

The Grim Harvest.

I feel the carapace armour is unlikely, they removed armour options from almost everything (IG carapace, ork 'eavy armour, corsair voidplate, SM character artificer armour, etc.). Seems a purposeful design choice.

I've had a couple of idea to start a traitor guard army, can you do this in 8th? I can't seem to find any rules for it.
Mostly I would be playing against friends who are ok with a Chaos/Guard mix but it would be nice to know if I'm missing something about this somewhere.

It can be introduced if there is the model.
They don't push for conversions and creativity anymore and they are scared shitless of 3rd parties.

Too busy trying with my son.

>play battle royal at 500pts with 2 friends
>be AdMech
>enemy is CSM and SpaceAwooo
>get to pick best position on plate first
>both ignore me straigth because 'lol AdMech xd'
>punish everything from afar with lasers n shiet
>win by outright picking up important kills from far away and objectives
>mfw they asked me how I could do it by not partipating in the heavy fights midgame

Man, sometimes it feels good to be the underdog.
I still wish for a decent buff in the codex

Renegades
and
Heretics
FW Chaos index

Forgeworld

>nieR cosplay.jpg

my 1500 aspect/mech eldar army has 24 models counting the tanks

What was your list user? I can't into 500 pints with a fucking 135 point HQ tax

Thanks guys

I've got a almost complete helbrute Sprue as a leftover from a conversion, whats a good Loadout to kit the Badboy out with?

Example lists? Thank you!

Heres a question, my buddy plays Death Guard and he says you dont get disgusting resiliance from Mortal wounds where as I think you do, who is right here?

All wounds.

You are.

This was FAQd somewhere.

its works on mortal-wounds its effectively FnP, Mortal wounds bypass saves but they dont bypass anything else

Hes an idiot. All FNP effects kick in after you LOSE wounds, regardless of their type.

ynnari army (can do as craftworlds, replace yvraine with whatever)

Sup command detachment
Autarch with wings, missile launcher, psword and banshee mask
2x Warlock with conceal/reveal

Vanguard detachment
Yvraine
2x3 shadow spectres
5 Wraithguard with d-cannons
2x3 Dark Reapers (2+ exarch) all with reaper launchers
2x wave serpents with twin bright lance, shuriken cannon and whatever upgrades + spirit stones
1x wave serpent with 3x shuriken cannons, star engines, vectored engines and spirit stones

Here's a free list, too. 5 mins and I don't know shit about Admech. It took me longer to reformat it than to actually make it.
New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [101 PL, 2000pts]

Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus)

HQ

Tech-Priest Dominus: Eradication Ray, Phosphor Serpenta

Troops
Skitarii Rangers: 4x Skitarii Ranger
Ranger Alpha: Galvanic rifle

Elites
Cybernetica Datasmith: Gamma pistol, Power fist

Heavy Support
Kastelan Robots
2x Kastelan Robot: 3x Heavy Phosphor blaster

2x Onager Dunecrawler: Cognis heavy stubber, Smoke Launchers
Neutron laser & cognis heavy Stubber: Cognis heavy stubber, Neutron Laser

-Battalion Detachment +3CP-

HQ
Belisarius Cawl
Tech-Priest Dominus: Eradication Ray, Phosphor Serpenta

Troops
3x Kataphron Breacher: Arc claw, Torsion Cannon

3x Kataphron Breacher: Arc claw, Heavy arc rifle

3x Kataphron Destroyer: Phosphor blaster, Plasma Culverin

Elites
Cybernetica Datasmith: Gamma pistol, Power fist

Heavy Support
Kastelan Robots
2x Kastelan Robot: 3x Heavy Phosphor blaster

Do you like nostril play?

Read here:

replace 1 warlock with a farseer, it all comes to under 1500

In the off chance there is a /wip/ here

Dominus, Volkite + Stubber. Nothing to fancy.
10 squad of Vanguards, 2 Plasma + 1 Arc Rifle (would've changed the arc rifle, had it equipped for anti-tank and vehicle matters for another game), Omnispex
Alpha comes with Powersword
Crawler with double stubbers and Neutron Laser, Smokes too. King of the battle because he could smack around approaching infantry with those stubbers like no other in combo with the vanguards.

I was missing about 40 points up to 500 iirc. You might change stuff to fit in 5 mire vanguards, e.g. remove the arc rifle to put another 5 man vanguard on plate (didn't have the models to do so)

bumping once

I initially misread that as 10 squads of vanguard

The 500 point list I tried used a pair of ironstriders with autocannons, since I figured a single laser wasn't enough

With your body count that low it feels like they would have instantly deleted you if they had thought to

Good to hear it worked out for you, though

I feel like every Eldar list has Shadow Spectres now, what's up with that?

How's that Armies on Parade entry going, user?

-1 to being hit is really strong and their guns are really strong and they're pretty darn cheap

I have them since 2013, everybody jumped into the bandwagon because they are 23ppm 12+d6" flying heavy flamers on a good body (3+ save -1 to be hit)
Tbh I just play the craftworld as per the fluff, other than yvraine, and that's because the gf gave me the triumvirate

Yea, as stated, I got a pretty sick position by rolling (top of a bridge where you needed 2 turns to get up to).

Yea, I hate our low body count too. Even though the wolves player didn't have that much more, his army did pack a lot more saves with his storm shields and priest in the back.

How were the striders doin? I'm thinking of buying some after I get some Kastallan Robots for morr dakka.

It's going to be a bitch to carry that to gamestores without pieces breaking off

My GW won't let people enter without them doing a display board as well. I can't be arsed to create a terrain board I'll never use again, so have kind of given up on the whole thing.

I want Tau vs Chaos novels.

>vagina heads winning from superior machine god apparatus

I think not.