>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Reinforcements are en route
youtube.com/watch?v=UID6LEzvRRo

9th Age Miniatures for Warhammer Fantasy:

tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk
youtube.com/watch?v=2oaIcChc4tI
youtube.com/watch?v=GGU1P6lBW6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs
youtube.com/watch?v=mwAGw92RHQc
youtube.com/watch?v=xyDKezDLGTM
youtube.com/watch?v=f5QzroijYfY
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4U7wNZu-CU
youtube.com/watch?v=uMZDEuiq8nQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VWgsdexkv18
youtube.com/watch?v=TUOPvtVZwo8
youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8
youtu.be/66AWetS2hPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Trying to kitbash a counts-as-Tycho out Captain Artemis. Any opinions so far?
This is the first mock-up. Still need to clean him up a whole bunch and test out some other head and arm options.

Touched up the kneepad, I think i'm a bit happier with the weathering now.
At the very least it doesn't look like my leviathans' been rolling around in glitter any more.

I think it looks pretty cool, the tank connecting the melta is cool. only thing i'm thinking is maybe make the pistol a bit more ornate

3 big shootas, a flag waver (cosmetic for the mob) and a Kustom Shoota nob

How do you get the look of the fatigues/cloth parts of units like these scouts?

I am putting together my first army, crimson fists also, and don't really know how to get this look of dark fabric.

I have them primed black, will it just be a dark grey, nuln wash, then light grey highlight?

I circle the areas I am talking about

anybody have any glue recommendations?

preferably with a good applicator.

Yea, basecoat of mechanicus standard grey, black wash then going over the raised bits with mechanicus again, maybe a little bit of administratum grey for highlights.
That's how i'd do it anyway.

Thank you, I appreciate the idea

I might post results if it isn't hot garbage

Really nice. I like that you represented his hand.

That's right, but I do recommend you consider wet blending for the highlights.

For plastic glue, Mr.hobby's and Tamiya's get the job done.

For superglue, try gorilla super glue and Tamiya's CA Gel glue and accelerator

You should drill those barrels.

>That's right, but I do recommend you consider wet blending for the highlights.
I don't know if I am skilled enough for it, does duncan have a good video on it?

So.... It begins, the opening steps on the road to making my first Army.

Wrong picture

Are people giving up entirely on non-Primaris Marines?
I want to start a small, but highly YOURDUDES-friendly, Kill-Team.

Fuck no. Hellblasters are good, but regular marines are fine

I'm just about finished with these death guard but I've always been terrible at base considerations. I figured maybe doing something like one of Duncan's swamp bases or Realm of Nurgle stuff should be fine with Stirland Mud but would any basing experts know what colors would go well with what I got? I was thinking dark brown or black for the mud then those fun pools of nurgle's rot.

And second part

anything dark would provide some contrast and look pretty good

Another guardfag for the pile. Emperor bless!

Looks like you've got 90pts

Nice

Welcome to the Guard
Here's your flak jacket, Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer, and wheelbarrow for your giant brass balls

lol yes that looks much better.

that paint flaking effect is bae

The hell is Will Shatner smiling at...

This hurts my soul. I used to have a decent size army, now I have a small section of a platoon.

I don't know why exactly, but these pictures look like they were taken in a game of some sort. The simple textured backdrop, the paint scheme, the camera quality... It's very interesting.

Neat stuff, though, I like it.

I can see it, the counter they're on looks like the texture from a ps1 game

Starting some guard? Damn fine choice, trooper - probably the second best army for fun conversions so you best not squander it now. Take your time and make your boys exactly how you want to. Don't be afraid to get down and dirty with a hobby knife, cut up paper clips, and some good ol' green stuff.

If you need some inspiration (or just some music for when you're working), try these. Maybe one will strike a chord with you.
>youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk
>youtube.com/watch?v=2oaIcChc4tI
>youtube.com/watch?v=GGU1P6lBW6Q
>youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs
>youtube.com/watch?v=mwAGw92RHQc
>youtube.com/watch?v=xyDKezDLGTM
>youtube.com/watch?v=f5QzroijYfY
>youtube.com/watch?v=Y4U7wNZu-CU
>youtube.com/watch?v=uMZDEuiq8nQ
>youtube.com/watch?v=VWgsdexkv18
>youtube.com/watch?v=TUOPvtVZwo8
and of course
>youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8

Godspeed Guard-user. Make your mama proud.

I have loved the guard for a long time, these are also my disposable guys actually, going to buy some bits and make a whole custom army, since before my purchase I have been writing a book of lore not just of my guard, but over their planet as well. Trying to make a guard Regiment based of STALKER and metro. I need to go to sleep because I have PT in the morning and it's my first time doing cadence for our run. Though if I come back and anyone's willing I would love to share the lore I'm making for these guys.

But yeah currently handed them off to a Dark Eldar friend for now to assemble and paint. So I can get my constructs finished and he can get some paint experience in.

Aww yea. Scored these guys nib for $5! Can't wait to get paint down on em.

best gaunts

These 5 dudes are done except for flag, how's it looking? Nob is my favorite model atm, he looks pretty badass

Currently working with greenstuff. What paints should I use to get that deep green on the robes?

Anyone else paint super slow, not because they're actually slow, but because they never paint every day? It's taken like 2 months for me to finish these 5 bases.

Need help for flag design also, want to use design on right but unsure how to put that into this weird flag shape, and on both sides

If I sit down for a painting sesh that lasts for 3-4 hours i'll be lucky if I get 30 mins of actual painting done, the rest of the time is procrastinating.

They're so obviously stolen from Aliens. I don't even own 'nids and I had to buy them.

That flag looks like the perfect opportunity to have the whole boar in a running pose

>unsure how to put that into this weird flag shape
do it so the boar head is facing the other way, also you could make a card/paper stencil and just trace the outline to get the same basic shape on both sides.

>want to do Elysians
>have always wanted to do Elysians
>as far back as 5th edition when I discovered them
>expensive as fuck forgeworld only
Damn it. I just want to have a bunch dudes drop out of the sky with bullpup lasguns and warthogs, but it's either $45+ for 3-5 dudes, or shitty china on small, spindly models.

Now get 28 more and you'll have an actual unit. I have a fuckton of old plastic termagants but can't be bothered to even think about using old hormagaunts.

That's a good idea, thank you
That sounds neat, I think I'd do the boar head facing left and have the neck blend into the tears on the right of the flag so detailing won't be too hard.

>No tanks
>No Heavy weapon teams
>No commissars
>No command squad

Assembling a regiment takes time, soldier.

Glued on the wings

And this is the other side

>green dragon is drunk
>white dragon is surprised by the sudden picture
>black dragon is sleepy
>red dragon is losing its shit
>blue dragon is laughing its ass off

Sounds good I'll go for it. Thank you!
Thanks man! I'm kinda goofin with the photos right now that's just taken on a granite countertop. One day I'll get a proper light box but for now that's been the usual background on a lot of the pictures.

10/10 appraisal.

Buddy, white dragon is very unhappy bent over grabbing the scenery and blue dragon is on top doing an o face.

Didn't know what I wanted to do with my last Intercessor, and I really hated the helmetless look of the Sergeant, so I turned him into a Dullahan standing atop a bloody pool of his recent handiwork.

Thinking of adding a sword on the back of his power pack. Should I? And what should this fucker's color scheme be?

Slightly different angle

I think go for an old school suit of armour type colour

Any ideas for a paint scheme?

anyone have a rough idea for how long citadel texture paints take to dry?

It's more of a desaturated green, start from something like Dark Angels green and mix in grey and sand until you find something approximate.

Still getting the hang of this. Built a Librarian with bits I got from a friend of mine.

I'm trying to decide if I should try to freehand some glyphs to make it obvious that it's a Force Sword, but I'm afraid I'll just fuck it up and I think I'm gonna call it done where it is.

> IT'S AN UGLY PLANET, A BUG PLANET

THE ONLY GOOD BUG IS A DEAD BUG

greenstuff on some bigger turbans and daggers and do the orange sikh style.

Headless Dr. Strange balancing on marine helmets? Why?

A protest to marines not wearing helmets. I fucking hate no helmet marines

Plus I really wanted to practice making a cape out of green stuff. It's... passable

I'M FROM MACRAGGE AND I SAY WE KILL 'EM ALL

youtu.be/66AWetS2hPQ

Disappointed that video wasn't this.
youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg

Welcome to the Guard, trooper.

Now repeat after me:

I WILL PAINT MY MODELS!

I WILL WASH!

I WILL HIGHLIGHT!

I WILL *NOT* DO A SORRY-ASS JOB AND BRING SHAME UPON THE EMPEROR'S IMPERIAL GUARD!

SOUND OFF!

Ok last update for the night, legs are done and I'll be starting on the main body next.

TOTALLY LOYAL GUARDSMAN, PRESENT!

VOX CASTER, AWAITING ORDERS!

very characterful, I like him

thanks user, I need to go over his sunburned ass with some highlights and a coat of cadian flesh on his skin but I pretty happy with the general look.

I've painted so many guardsmen, but this makes me wanna paint more

Do it. For the greater g- the Imperium.

I like that face. How did you do it.

Yep. Been working on the Dark Imperium set since it came out. Expecting to finish it next year.

Anyone have than random space marine chapter chart? Need some chapter colors

Have you tried googling "random space marine chapter chart"?

Is mournfang brown a good basecoat when painting citadel woods?

I think I've proven that I need to sleep instead. Good night /wipg/

depending on the kind of tree you want, Dryad Bark, Mournfang Brown, and Steel Legion Drab are good basecoats for them.

Ok, I was thinking of using mournfang due to the fact that I am getting it as a basecoat for my brayherds

Also, what colors should I use after a layer of Mournfang?

This for sure, I've done a million conversions it is good fun.

Even small changes can do a lot.
Exhibit A,
Painted a few years back.

> CARMELA COULD YOU PLEASE SHUT THE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

>Please stop yelling...

Revell Contacta Professional has the best bottle design for plastic cement I've found. The cement is pretty standard quality, which is fine so long as you are only bonding HIPS. I've not found a solvent which works on ABS, etc. and comes with an applicator at all.

For superglue, I think gorilla glue gel works OK. You need to give it a good shake to load it into the nozzle before squeezing, but it has a nice thick consistency and seems to dry fairly strong.

Paint em like Saharan Tuareg nomads, blue robes, and mix it up with the turban colour

>playing an army which is going to get zoated in the next couple of years
ISHYGDSDD

Think it varies depending on the paint, but the crackling soil ones seem to take an hour or two.

Despite what cartoons say, most bark isn't a rich, warm brown. It's generally pretty desaturated, almost grey. Seriously, just look at some fucking trees and see what colour they are. I don't understand how people manage to consistently fuck this up.

I give em a few hours. It depends how thick you put it on. Solid thick layers will take more than 15-30 minutes to fully dry. The edges and surface might be dry but I've poked at it and had chunks fall off or get wrinkled since the interior was still wet

>tfw it's finally that time of the year when you can prime again for like a month

Do the classic style but give them different head dressings, guns in classic green casings, goblin green bases. DO IT NOW