Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

[slight concern] edition

Everyone's still living swimmingly in Texas sub-edition.

Old: >Death Guard stuff, including cool video and some stats/abilities for Mortarion
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/03/mortarion-and-the-death-guard-next-weekend/

>Next 3 codexes, Necromunda and Chapter Approved stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/breaking-news-studio-preview-from-the-nova-open/

>Konor Campaign,rigged
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

sound off cowboys, Dallasfag present!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mMscJH8uRug
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/04/celebrate-30-years-of-40k-the-top-5-mutations-in-warhammer-40000gw-homepage-post-3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cosplayfag reporting in

Do you guys think it's possible to be noticed for recasted forgeworld heads in a GW store?

If they're painted, literally how could anyone tell the difference? Most of the recasts I've seen would only be spotted because the quality is higher than the actual stuff Forge World makes.

They okay. 25 points is a touch steep, but deep strike and a 3++ are real damn nice. The only downside is that they lack real killing potential and customization, and as such are hard to justify.

Cause a IF veteran with a storm shield is the same thing except no DS and 4 points less, and he can grab all sorts of options. So take them if you like, but not anything great or competitive

Wherein? I'm not a creeper I swear, I'm just curious, I know a ton of people here live in DFW

No, people never notice. The only time someone got close was holding a tank that was way to light, but he didn't notice. People generally don't know and suspect as much as people here do

I don't think GW would care if it was just heads anyway, but you're probably not going to get noticed.

Out of curiosity, do you have blond hair or do you wear a blond wig for your Samus cosplay?

I think I am going to go with the eldar outfit, simply because i know how to work with foam and not leather for the inquisitor.

Anyone have any good reference for a suitable eldar suit?

red, I don't do zero suit so there's always a helmet

get's fucking hot

Do you have pics of past cosplay?

Genuinely interested, not creeping. If you're the same one asking for suggestions from the last thread it might help to know what you're working with.

Hello. I am a noob. What is the difference between what I saw on the Nova Open preview link? What are the Warhammer variants? What is 40K vs Age of Sigmar? Are the models interoperable?

I do on my camera, I don't know if it's wise to post here though.

Are there two /40kg/s atm?

praise the Emperor that I've been storing my 40k stuff in Rubbermaid containers. Only lost 2 Warhammer 40k graphic novels, and issue 22 of Rick and Morty...

>Cause a IF veteran with a storm shield is the same thing except no DS and 4 points less, and he can grab all sorts of options. So take them if you like, but not anything great or competitive

I'm thinking one or two five man squads with melta gun and multi melta to deep strike in, ruin some tanks or poorly placed characters, and then just soak up some fire power. They seem like they'd be good as part of an allied detachment.

I feel your pain. I'm working on a full-body cosplay in honor of the FFXII remake and I know that thing's going to get hot as hell. And if you want to have something to work with, Narga Aoki's stuff might help you out with the conceptualization of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=mMscJH8uRug
Her Howling Banshee is a delight.

Well, there's multiple games that Games Workshop peddles their models for and there's quite a few of them. Necromunda, Shadow War: Armageddon, Deathwatch: Overkill, 40k and Sigmar as you mentioned, 30k if you're into marine vs marine conflict, and the now dead Warhammer Fantasy Battle to name a few. As for Sigmar and 40k, they're quite similar with the advent of 8th edition. Though Sigmar will be a lot less shooting oriented than 40k, in which there is a lot of shooting. And some models from Sigmar fit right into 40k; primarily Daemons, yet some Chaos models fit in as well.

No.
AoS is like a restart of Warhammer fantasy.

>Are there two /40kg/s atm?

Apparently. What the fuck is so hard about consecutive threads.

Ty for this, perfect reference. Many thank

The reading comprehension part I guess

I feel you fellow texasbro, I actually have two victims coming to live with me temporarily from harvey.

I'm trying not to be selfish, but it's definitely going to be weeeird

I've checked and this js the legitimate thread by right of succession.

Hooray

originality for the emprah

I almost made a horrible joke about the flooding in Texas right here. Waaaay too soon. Never knew I was such a terrible person. Am I going to burn in hell now ?

>I do on my camera, I don't know if it's wise to post here though.

It'll be fine.

>tfw Fort Worth has just been mild
I mean, it's better than scorching our asses off, but I really hope this is a sign that we'll get an ACTUAL winter this year, not a long fall.

ummm, i'm not equipped to make that judgment

If I weren't painting my army I would on whatever board it belongs on. I have been putting it off all week, and tomorrow is game night

Amarillo always gets winter, friend. Come join us, it will be a sitcom about samus, two refugees, and you

Please advise: convert old marines into plague marines with 28mm or the new 32mm bases?

Pretty much all marines are on 32mm bases now.

1000 point vanguard detachment, any glaring issues?

Captain with Combi Plasma and Teeth of Terra 89

Librarian in Terminator Armor with Combi Plasma and Force Sword 172

Company Champion with Master Crafter Power Sword 50

Contemptor Dread with Assault Cannon and CCW + Storm Bolter 165

Cataphractii Terminators x 5 Power Fists and Storm Bolters 220

Company Vets x 5 with Combi Plasma 155

Devastator Squad x 5 with Plasma Cannons 149

I'm thinking of sticking more characters or honor guard in there for fluff reasons, more fancy daemons weapons

Have fun playing Maelstrom and losing every single game due to objectives

Relictors only care about Capture the Relic, so it's fluffy.

I did a Skitarii and Guard before.

Time to send in every last soul grinder!

Is it wrong of me to take both a leviathan and a deredeo in my 2k list?

For Tau!

You wouldn't happen to be the dude who did this for me the other night, would you?

So, I'm ordering Codex: Space Marines, Betrayal at Calth, Dark Imperium, a Repulsor and FW's Gabriel Angelos. How prepared will I be for my first game of 40k after I assemble and paint my Blood Ravens?

No.

Darn. It was worth a shot. That your custom Sept symbol?

I've been out of the loop since brimstone horrors/Magnus were introduced, and was already very jaded for some time before that. I haven't checked TG for about that same length of time.

I've since taken a look at the dropbox codices.

Are you guys happy with 8th ed?

8E is a massive improvement but it still has the same examples of game breaking cheese builds. And Magnus and Brimstones are still retarded.

I am happy with 8th.

Kind of.

You'll be fine, your biggest dilemma will be how to assemble the calth stuff
I like it, glad I got back into the game after a long hiatus. There are some retarded WAAC loopholes but honestly that's true of a lot of games, especially ones where you have a lot of choices in terms of factions and units like this one. I manage to just not play dickheads fortunately, so I rarely have to deal with that.

>no vehicles

it's way better for causal games as you can almost take anything you want and still have a fun experience, but waacfaggotry is still a thing and always will be.

>TG
stay away

What's a repulsor user

A repulsive looking tank

Would a list with 4 leman russ and a shadowsword be OP / powergamey? I want to try a heavy armor theme this week, but don't want to overdo it.

>one vehicle

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/04/celebrate-30-years-of-40k-the-top-5-mutations-in-warhammer-40000gw-homepage-post-3/
>wulfen furryshit are at no. 2
Only GW could be this lacking in self awareness

They should have made Wulfen full werewolf, the completely fur covered, muscular humanoid with wolf head type werewolf, with a plate of power armor here or there.

Nah, they're tough to kill but they eat up a solid chunk of points for their offensive and defensive prowess. At 2k it's easy to have enough anti-tank to get rid of them easily.

I don't understand why they changed so much from the original wulfen sculpts, they looked great.

GW has to go over the top with everything. They never understood that having no subtlety in 40k as a setting doesn't mean that you can't have at least a little subtlety in miniature sculpts.

If Space Marines are so rare, why are there so many of them?

Depending on the competitiveness of your opponent. Easy to wreck this list with a few Dark Reapers.

But the old models were even more bombastic.

Also the contemptor dread from the calth box.

Thanks

Because they sell the most models.

Someone help me trick Phil Kelly into writing 40k rules for 30k custodes units on a napkin.

How are orks doing in tournaments?

>one MC

Who gives a fuck about Custodes, we have enough Marine shit for now they just got a massive update. Let the other armies get caught up before you entitled faggots start whining again.

This. 8th is a step in the right direction. More steps need to continue to be taken.

Literally the entire FW custodes range is unusable in 40k atm

Good, let FW fucking die, they don't produce anything worthwhile anymore.

And nothing of value was lost

Horus Heresy was literally the only redeeming quality of 6th and 7th edition

Up until Inferno, but still

How did you go about making the double wide tracks on those LR's?

Too bad that design is as trashy as game itsef.

Ultramarines > Space Wolves

Discipline and Order > Beards and Being Helmetless Idiots

Also, Russ is a fucking dick.

Just paint their skin brown and they look mostly the same.
But that sarge...that stupid fucking pose.

It's a massive disappointment that left the game feeling hollow, uninteresting and bland. I poke into these threads for oldhammer shit, otherwise I've completely lost interest in the advancing plot and other bullshit.

FW was only good in a time before mass produced plastic CAD models.

Now their stuff looks like shit.

Also, I blame FW for the proliferation of the helmet dreadnought. Sarcophagus dreads are superior.

What?

Gw plastics are just crammed with as much shit as physically possible

FW still understands that simple, interesting designs are the basis of miniatures

Its awful bone suit from DoW3 trailer, that didn't even appear in game.

Thanks for the blog post, dont let the door hit you on the way out

Also, the Forge World Mechanicum range is amazing. Dreadlocks Magos remains best Magos, and he comes with more weapon options than a lot of GW kits just for his bling throne.

Simple, interesting designs ARE good - just look at the Primaris Intercessors - a new updated Space Marine with better proportions and size and different parts.

Look at this primaris sergeant here, it looks like he's giving orders to attack or advance. Nothing FW has put out comes close to this level of quality.

I do like the basic Primaris, but everything in their range bar them and the rievers look totally retarded, detail or not, because the actual armour design looks stupid.

On the other hand, stuff like Skitarii and Sicarians look great, and they have loads of details that actually work and don't overly clutter up the model. Different levels of detail work for different things, and Forge World gets it almost exactly right for most of their Mech and the Solar Auxilia.
Also more poses for most of the models barring Solar nowadays, which is always nice if you have a few of them.

>want to run sharks and keep it fluffy
>want to get some MKV Marines
>cant give them chain swords
>dont see use of Tacs in general
Why do people play Marines?

>why do people like thing
I dunno you tell me

Because I got 4 units of them for 30 bucks off ebay.

If I had my way, I'd be playing the sex demons and their evil rock star knights, or the emo elves that looked like the put spikes on top of their hot topic clothes.

Ultras are the way to play Marines, a tactically flexible army that is both durable and able to do a little of everything.

All other forms are marines are skewed too far in one direction or another.

Sharks are too skewed towards assault but other armies do assault better.

Play a marine army that doesn't use tac squads.

Raven Guard tac squads holding objectives in cover are apparently extremely good.

>-1 to-to, T4, Sv2+
yeah, they're not too shabby

Well, RG is what sharks are supposed to be, and while that does sound good, idk if sitting back with bolters feels sharky. Shame I didn't play them during last edition when I could give them Chainswords, but not even CSM can do that because reasons.

I've taken badly sprayed but otherwise unpainted old metal recasts into games workshop and nobody has said shit.

This colour scheme might be cool.

goddamnit, a scythe is such a stupid idea for a weapon.

Actually looks not too bad now
Dunno how GW fucked it up to bad in the first place though

pretty sick yo, wings of death

Yes that's the only stupid thing about that model...

...Anonymous
09/05/17(Tue)02:06:11 No.55233852
Right as I was going to buy the Tyranid Swarm box it went unavailable. Generally how long does it take GW to get restocked? I've never bought from them directly.

Also how do I know if it will even get restocked? i think it seriously got discontinued the night I finally saved up money and was gonna pull the trigger on a full Tyranid army

i just don't understand how you attack someone with a scythe, what part of the blade makes contact?
I know it's the rule of cool, but still SOMEONE EXPLAIN IT.

Recently GW has a knack for using unflattering color schemes on models that could look alright otherwise. A lot the age of sigmar stuff suffers from this