Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1723: Revenge Of The Rick Rolling Rabbit Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed) (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WSCm8yAxBr8
youtube.com/watch?v=gErjF61oPi0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jumpers! What is best in life?

Okay, I've corrected a few typos and added Er'el's description back in. I think that should be it, though.

Ergh, hm. So long as it only procs when you actually take damage and only inflicts what damage you suffer, rather than just the total damage (If you only get a little cut, they only get a little cut) and it doesn't auto bypass any resistances or protections their bodies may have...A+? It's a pretty strong effect but has it's limits.

If I remember right, and I probably don't, the Cain thing was it being seven times over and protecting you from it as well or something.

stealing waifu's and rule 63 gilgamesh

>Get home from work
>New thread has JUST started
>MFW
So how's your day been, anons?

Today I realized that my coworker and I have the same shoes. Same size, same brand. Mine are slightly more beat up, on account of owning a puppy.

Was a bit odd.

So Jumpers, what is your favorite type of drawback? Do you love the challenging ones? Do you prefer the one that blinds or mutes you? Yandere anyone?

I love yanderes. I push them up against the wall and then play with them till they can't stand anymore.

The air outside is smokey and unhealthy due to a fire that's burning down wind from us.

I've always been sort of attached to those drawbacks that make you a specific character. Like Being Taylor Is Suffering in Worm and so on.

It was alright.
Nothing too special.

Doing fine until I ran into another "plz disable your adblock" spam from a website that can't comprehend that allowing ads that carry malware, chug bandwidth, and spam pop-ups and pop-bbehinds, IS WHY PEOPLE DO THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Have you ever wrecked a settings big bad or any group of people in particular? I jumped shaman King and completely destroyed Hao and the X laws. I spent a good chunk of cp on Furyoku till I had 1,280,000, then I killed hao and took his Soul with soul Gathering from DS. Of course the X laws saw this so I had to go, sadly they went the way of hao.

Ah, that's about what I had in mind. One thing, when you mention resistances and such, do you mean that it'd still be affected by things like God Hand or Armor of Fafnir, or could it also be reduced by durability in general?

...I'm trying really hard to think of a bigger and flashier version of this I can dump points into, like how Gae Bolg's thrown use is its own NP, and I'm failing to come up with anything other than a multiplier for the reflection. Damn it.

The former yeah. Special or magical protections but not base durability.

Depends on how you define "best," and "life." I mean, I COULD crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentations of their women, but if I don't find that fun it's not gonna enrich my existence.

Gotcha. Thank you for your time.

I lost all my notes for tomorrow Math exam, and I don't know shit

The above post should be read by Arnold Schwarzenegger for full effect.

No worries.

Anyway, anyone know what Star Wars jumps we have right now? Been getting back into SW stuff lately.

The one's that have you going up against a setting's strongest foes are always fun. Gives me a chance to flex those OOC powers against (usually) designated targets.

When's this take place?

Wasn't there somebody working on a new Mortal Kombat? How's that coming along?

KOTOR, Clone Wars (with a weird gauntlet some guy from reddit came up with), and Original Trilogy.

Are you going to finish up Darth Bane for us?

Variable insert time, but generally after PD 300.

Knights of the Old Republic, Original Trilogy, Clone Wars, Bane Trilogy is apparently being redone since FU was disappointed in his own initial version, Brutus is doing The Old Republic, I think that weird Republic Commando Gauntlet was accepted?

I like the ones that give me a challenge, but aren't impossibly, needlessly sadistic.

>Forgetting about Auralnauts
youtube.com/watch?v=WSCm8yAxBr8

What is wrong with you guys?

>Brutus is doing The Old Republic

People say this but we haven't seen a WIP in how long.

Using CE/AD? Probably between 2500 and 2900. Most amenities/technologies look relatively the same despite being in space w/ giant robots, but Mars would probably take a long time to terraform.

Gah. Now that episode 5 is out I should really add a few new things based on the jokes from there. Damn my backlog.

>rule 63 gilgamesh
I'd like to plunder her Gate of Babylon.

...I have forgotten the face of my father.

So what rules of the jumpchain have you broken due to rule of cool/whatever else, jumpers?

Don't worry, I won't tell jump-chan.

Ones that are thematically appropriate. Shit I've taken drawbacks when I didn't need points just because I thought it fit.

Would Fate/Zero Gil be less willing to kill me if I was Enkidu master?

It doesn't give me any increase in the Force, so why should I bother remembering it exists?

Speaking of, are you going to bother touching up on the "Force supplement" given recent changes?

I run companion permadeath and occasionally block certain options to enhance the character's suffering.

Eh, debatable. On the one hand, Enkidu. On the other hand, some mongrel is claiming to be Enkidu's Master.

>occasionally block certain options to enhance the character's suffering
That sounds needlessly edgy. Why not just make it so they're not the ones choosing?

I was actually going to do Dark Empires, since that's not covered by the Old Trilogy jump (Set 6 years after Return whilst OT jump is five years before New Hope). Not a big jump, not really, and most of it's formatted out already. Also I haven't done sci fi stuff in a while.

Because the end result is really the same and it's more satisfying to see them attain the same results through hard work.

So, you don't actually have Companions, you've got little playthings and you tend to break your toys by strapping fireworks on them and watching them go off, then bitch and whine that your toys broke and you need new ones.

Sounds like a five year old Jumper. The horrors you must inflict upon the multiverses.

As someone who only has knowledge of Fate from watching Carnival Phantasm, who is this Enkidu guy and why would Gil be less likely to kill user?

>FGO WIP
>Beast of Life
This is going to make the fight with JUMPER very very interesting.

Yo, is this supposed to be in Uploads? I don't remember the author posting it in-thread or anything, but maybe I just glossed over it.

...Why would I ever do that? That sounds like a horrible thing to do to my friends.

The reason I run it is because I don't consider the lives of Companions to be expendable.

Definitely wasn't posted in thread by them.

You've got badwrongfun guys poking you. I'd just ignore them for the time being - you won't get any decent response out of them.

Do you know about the epic of Gilgamesh? Enkidu was Gilgamesh's best friend ever and the only person he cared about. In Fate, Enkidu is a trap instead of a hairy caveman, so he is also Gilgamesh's husbando.

Enkidu is from the Epic of Gilgamesh - Created from clay and saliva, stuff happens, ends up being Gil's companion and close friend. Then he dies of illness, which prompts Gil to go seek immortality. Also, he hates the gods for taking his friend from him (this is why Gil's Divinity stat is downgraded, by the way.)

Having random choices specifically blocked off by some cosmic being who specifically has it out for them sounds more like a quicker way for the story to lose all sense of meaning and agency. Also, creating and offering a choice but arbitrarily disallowing it for some reason seems somewhat asinine and doesn't make sense on several levels.

The only thing I want to change with that is to make it so that you only need to go through one jump to become a Force conduit instead of two.

If you want me to make it so you can become as strong as Abeloth without consequence then no, I ain't ever doing that for multiple reasons.

>Do you know about the epic of Gilgamesh?
Only about how Gilgamesh had found the elixir or something to immortality and a snake stole it from him.
>Enkidu is a trap instead of a hairy caveman, so he is also Gilgamesh's husbando.
So standard Nasu stuff

>In Fate, Enkidu is a trap
Eh... In Fate, Enkidu's gender isn't even clear. Completely androgynous in appearance. Like Fate's version of SNL's Pat.

How about removing the force conduit option altogether because of how ridiculously non canon it is?

>I ain't ever doing that for multiple reasons.

So, you'll allow people to become Avatar, and you say you have no problem with infinite power (despite just a thread before that you were condemning the recent power creep).

But increasing the Force powers is somehow too much?

Your logic makes no sense here.

Is your pass the reason you don't get banned for shitposting?

Could you stop shitposting for one thread.

He's making decisions based on salt about power creep, despite things like force conduit showing he's just as guilty as those he hates.

Alaskan user's is the only version of Metal Slug that was posted in thread, I believe.

At least with the Avatar, you can make the argument that 90% of the series is centered on and from their perspective. The protagonists don't ever achieve Aboleth levels.

>Dark Empires
Words cannot describe how hype I am at the idea of a Dark Empire jump.

>Disagreeing with a jumpmaker and questioning their logic
>"STOP SHITPOSTING REE."

Not a day goes by that I'm not questioning the general intelligence of you people.
Disagreements are a thing. There are no "safe spaces" on fucking Veeky Forums of all fucking places.

If he can't argue against, then maybe he should rethink his stance. All there is to it.

Why not make Force Conduit a perk or scenario reward instead of giving it for free just for visiting the setting.

Howdy Disu.

>The only way to become as powerful as The Ones or Abeloth is by using the same methods they did.
This NOT recommended however since it WILL drive you insane and transform you into an abomination.
It's not restricted, just a very bad idea.

Labor with the family. Decent food, at least. Wanting to go on the jumpchain so I can have adventures instead of my dead-end life in a shitty world. The thought of it makes my life bearable. I can only hope it'll happen some day.
I like scenario drawbacks, like the 77 Rings in JJBA. It allows me to do non-plot stuff if I so choose and I can take as long as I want to get the rings and complete the challenge. Sad that I don't see more drawbacks like this, a lot are apocalypse style scenarios.

Tell me about that.

Good food, tinkering, and magic.

They don't even come CLOSE. Anakin's power up on Mortis might be the only time a main character is on the same or a higher level than her. Luke and Darth Krayat fought her together, after she had been severely weakened and had lost all the power and bodies she had stolen. The only reason she didn't obliterate them is because they reminded her of her children, who she had deeply loved once. And even then, she nearly killed them.

And they didn't even kill her, in the end. They just sealed her away.

Aaaand you do realize if more and more Star Wars jumps are made, eventually just collecting the amount of Force-based backgrounds will make that ruling less and less sensible, yes?

Just fuck off already.

One of these days, you'll going to drown in your own bile.

Howdy, user-

DAMN IT user.

Yes yes, disagreement gets me sent to gulag, ja ja ja

Let the adults finish talking, kiddo.

You've never feigned innocence convincingly, parasite.

Ah the smell of fresh bait at the start of a new thread, if you pay attention you can see the clueless anons give their precious (you)s.

Hard at work on Wadanohara. Perks are 90% done, need to think of a Demon/Mercenary Capstone and a 100 CP Red Sea Perk.

Now I need to work on the items.

That'll be a joy.

And you've never had an intelligent discussion in your life.

Are we going to keep throwing insults at each other or should I call your father?

>Someone doesn't know their EU lore.

So for the Inuyasha jump, do Hanyou lose their abilities once per month as in the source material? I ask because the only place it's even referenced is in a drawback.

Also, does Sacred Arrow allow for other applications of spiritual energy, or is it just the "arrow charging" you gain access to?

Neither of you are going to get anywhere like this, get a room already.

If it hasn't already been claimed, I'm gonna claim The Adventure Zone.
youtube.com/watch?v=gErjF61oPi0

Hey, Nika. Random question. If I companion Metalia and use Starseed Awakening on her, how much do you think the whole situation will offend Beryl?

Will it be as bad as her Endymion obsessed conquest of the Kingdom? Worse?

Looking over it again, I can't help but think that the "Grunt" perk is a little weak. I mean, it increases your abilities only when a weaker suit. While the situation is relatively common in gundam verses, It doesn't have much utility for a capstone, especially when sitting right next to the much more useful Demon perk which increases your potential with all mobile suits.

Maybe widen it a little so that you act better when in a disadvantaged situation, with a special boost when using grunt suits or something.

That's really my only gripe with the jump. Beyond that, it looks good.

Go on then. What's the justification for getting to hand out force powers, including training in them, to as many people as you like instantly with no range or time or cost limits. For free after going to a single Star Wars jump.

Danger Zone?

Oh, hello, Discord-exclusive jumpmaker. Kind of sad to see you've adopted some of the worst practices of SB jumpmakers, though. It doesn't make it better just because the community isn't SB.

For Red Sea, maybe the 100cp perk could be 'Red Sea Red Eyes', or some other clever title. It grants you the red eyes all the Red Sea characters have as well as working as a 'You're scary' perk. Alternatively, you could base it off that dead fish translator the Princess has, allowing you to understand and communicate on the behalf of someone who has fallen to madness/forgotten how to speak like she has.

As for the Demon/Mercenary Capstone...maybe one for leading an invasion, since I think the demons were the spearhead of the invasion attempt? So the perk would be for leading an invasion and smashing through the defenders of whoever you're invading.

Like? I see this brought up whenever a Jumpmaker who uses it appears.

Like dive-bombing the community you never post in with jumps and retreating back to yours for safety, avoiding the fallout your jump has caused.

Also, can someone throw me ideas for the 200 cp human perks? I put the 100cp (Fertility of both the land and you) perks in the 200 cp part and I am not without ideas. The other human perks consist of Joseph dreams, Stealing blessings like Jacob, a perk that makes it so gods really really like you and a perk to fight beings much more powerful than you to a stalemate, just like how Jacob wrestled with God.

>I am not without ideas
I should go to sleep.

I mean, that would require me to be a productive person who makes more than one jump every six months at best.

We're assuming Metallia isn't giving her power anymore to Beryl, right? Probably not as bad as her Endymion obsessed conquest, but she is going to be pretty pissed off at you and Metallia for making her into a magical girl and Metallia for even accepting the powerup.

> For Red Sea, maybe the 100cp perk could be 'Red Sea Red Eyes', or some other clever title. It grants you the red eyes all the Red Sea characters have as well as working as a 'You're scary' perk.

I do have a Red Sea 100 CP perk that makes people be afraid of your magic because its gorey and bloody and covered in eyes as well as generally disgusts them.

>Alternatively, you could base it off that dead fish translator the Princess has, allowing you to understand and communicate on the behalf of someone who has fallen to madness/forgotten how to speak like she has.

I'll consider this idea, though. I have a similar perk in the Tosatsu Kingdom tree for the Bunbun language, though.

>As for the Demon/Mercenary Capstone...maybe one for leading an invasion, since I think the demons were the spearhead of the invasion attempt? So the perk would be for leading an invasion and smashing through the defenders of whoever you're invading.

That's for a Tosatsu Kingdom Capstone, but maybe I'll move that to the Demon Capstone.

I do have another idea for a Tosatsu Kingdom Capstone.

To answer your question, , until you can prove to these people beyond the shadow of a doubt that you are NOT acting with malevolence towards KOTOR to either squeeze more planet-busting out of him or drive him off altogether, no one will argue with you in good faith. They are coming INTO this 'argument' already convinced that your intent is malicious, which is why you're not getting actual arguments out of them.

How exactly are they meant to do that? Even people who try to point out how his decisions are unbalanced design choices within his own jump are being decried as shitposters, despite the fact that they're essentially arguing for lower power.

Eclipse class star destroyer?

I'm not sure, but it must be possible.