What are some settings with cool lore?

What are some settings with cool lore?

Other urls found in this thread:

immortalpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Immortalpedia_Wikia
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

there are no systems for this, right?

Probably not.

Khajit are more like MURRfolk, am I rite.

That picture's off, the Khajiit get offended if you say they're related to the Bosmer. Even though the Ohmes look so much like Bosmer that they tattoo themselves to look more cat-like, just so no-one will mistake them for elves.

/autism

I apologize for not knowing more, but I swear there's one out there.
I had an acquaintance at my LGS ranting about it a few years ago, but I didn't get any proper info.

>just so Pilenal won't mistake them for elves.
FTFY

Eh, 7/10
Text is a tough medium

Ice Bionicle best Bionicle

That's also a good reason to not be an elf. I bet this guy wishes he'd thought of it.

Didn't Umaril show up again in ESO?

Yeah, he escapes from Pelinal's mighty wrath, only to find Pelinal's heir waiting to finish kicking his ass. Like one long, drawn out, very bad day.

The Instrumentality of Mankind

>Bio-mechanical elemental superheroes with a pacific island/maori aesthetic
If you don't think that's the tightest shit then get the fuck out my face nigga

Arcanum, WoD (if you can deal with mall goth and SJW crap), Middle Earth, Dark Sun, Planescape, original Fallout, Star Wars (though there's tons of crap too), Star Trek, Babylon 5, most of Lovecraft's stories and Dune. I could go on, but that's probably enough for a while, so pick your poison.

I am definitely going to do a dune game what would be the best system for that

There is a Dune RPG, but I don't know how good it is.

I didn't think it was tight because it was an ad for some lego bullshit.
If you're going to make an ad, make it chex quest.

John Wick has shit mechanics but really cool lore in his settings. Short enough to digest quickly and leave space for imagination, long enough to picture and have some details, cool enough to enjoy. Houses of the Blooded especially.
Unknown Armies - way cooler than WoD.

40K, or TTS?

TTS was funny for like 10 episodes

immortalpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Immortalpedia_Wikia
The "Immortals" setting has some decent lore
Some of its garbage, some of its good.
Its still a WIP as far as I can tell.

fpbp
You are a legend

This series is the shit. It's got everything a person would want.

>race relations
>magical negroes
>shitty names
>samurai
>wizardry
>prophecy

Well recommended and kind of terrible.

Kopaka best Toa.

>implying pelinal didn't get slapped out of elsweyr by alkosh

>Theocratic empire with a strong eugenics program
>Hyper industrialized capitalist land
>Knights and chivalry land
>Steampunk nation
>Wolf vikings
>mammoth riders

Also Fallen London by extension. Of course GMing a game in that setting would mean answering thousands of plot questions yourself...

You can always try GURPS.

Did we ever fund out why there are foxes in the city?

I constantly toy with a Fallen London campaign. But I kind of struggle with where it would go or what it would be about. So I just shamelessly steal plot arcs or locales and smash them in my other games.

Sunless Skies isn't worth it yet. Wait til release. Currently it's broken af and while it has some interesting things it's not going to be worth it until more game features are implemented.

It has, or had a promising setting in my opinion. For those of y'all who played flash games back then when you's all were youngin's and before being into mainstream console, PC and Triple-A Gaming.

Pic related was released back in 2007, then its sequel at 2009. But as far as I know it has not released its part three yet for eight years so far. Man I wished the creator of this game relases soon, too bad he apparently has to deal with literal Cancer.

The witcher. Slutty witches to slay and terrifying monsters to bang. What else do you need?

Uh-huh. Plus Ciri loves elven dicks too.

Never liked that game. But that's a shame about that guy. Hope he pulls through and comes out alright.

>Pelinal's heir
But... he's a mining robot?

What was the setting other than "The sonny apocalypse happened and uuuuuh okay." ?

It all was just a bunch of setpeices lined up incoherently.

Dominions

That game was fucking great

>no argonian

The Endless universe has a lot of cool lore

Argonians aren't people.

First game was excellent and made me want to learn more about this world. Second was kinda crap. Especially the ending.

I assume you mean "why there are no foxes in the city". They all went to the South of the Neath, and the candles (made from the mountain's ashes) are named after them.

Yeah, I have the same problem and do the same thing. Putting the players through existing FL/SS quests sounds a bit too cheap.

>Spoiler
Honestly I don't think I'll check it out until it's clear they've improved on the Sunless Sea formula. I seriously hope they've learned what works and what doesn't. None of that pseudo-roguelike nonsense for me.

go back to your lava-covered shithole, greyskin. oh wait, you can't, the argonians took it from you.

Yeah he's also gay but you just kinda roll with it.

Argonians aren't *elves* thank you very much.

Well, a spiritual heir, not an actual descendant.

Yes but what's the Finnish guy about?
I mean the one bottom right

Same thing really.

>tfw EL's loading screen is how it generates maps

falmer. they where elves once.

A while ago a bunch of us started work on one, but there hasn't been any progress for a while. It kind of works but not really, although the skype group has been dead for months.

My melanin-rich hominid

Fading Suns. Also, has good lore of it's own. Pretty much copy of Dune though.

Nah man, FS has many problems but it's really not a copy of Dune.

BLAME!

No need to shout.

>Khajiit
>using force

Nah, if the khajiit had to protect themselves from Pelinal, they probably did some bugs bunny tier shit that involved fake towns filled with dwemer dynamite and lots of drugs.

Halo, at least onwards to Halo 3, can't speak for 4 or 5 as I haven't played them. Maybe most of it was the fact that a lot was just left unsaid, giving the illusion of DEEPEST LORE when you ended up digging around on the internet after cryptic emails from the 90s, and read the the discussions from back then about who the fuck Cortana was and her mental state, people already back then assuming she was a rampant AI. That's even the roundabout way I learned about Marathon, a game that fit the description of the game on my dad's old computer that I never knew what was called. That all the AI's had thematic names drawn from the Song of Roland. My dad's name is Roland.

My teenage mind was fucking blown.

Sadly as far as I know, there is no AI named Joyeuse in Destiny.

I guess essentially the same goes for the Tiberian series and Half-Life. I loved the whole biblical theme of The Brotherhood of Nod and Kane, whether he was the biblical Cain or not, the implication that he had been influencing history all this time, with his role in Red Alert and the Temple of Nod being in Sarajevo and his elite spooks and operators being the Black Hand. The presence of Abel's sarcophagus inside the Temple of Nod in Renegade. The way the Brotherhood first mobilizes the third world to attack the industrialized world who in turn founded the GDI whose main funding comes from the G7, then something similar happens in the later games with yellow zones against blue zones. I completely disregard the fourth game or whatever, never played and I don't even know what it's called.

Also Half-Life, but I can't bring myself to go on a longer autistic blog post about that right now.

It's viddygames, but Bloodborne has some great fucking lore, it's one the tightest settings out there. Everything fits together so well, the creative team were on the ball crafting a consistent world and atmosphere. It's by far and large the best piece of Lovecraftian media out there while actively being its own thing and doesn't resort to name-dropping in order to appear Lovecraftian.

>you will never explore the labyrinths with scholars and proto-Hunters in the glory days of Byrgenwerth
>you will never sit about and speak feverishly into the wee hours of new ideas of the higher plane
>you'll never have your own laser slug collection to pet and shoot people with

>you will never have hundreds of eyes embedded into your brain matter by eating alien umbilical cords

Black biomicle you pleb. What a waste of dubs

I fucking hate this.

(Mer)Doomguy > bot sent from the future because the lore is le complex and deep

>If I put in "le" it will make it look like it's not complex and deep

Your plebeian opinion is noted.

/thread

Looks like i caught one.

Complex =/= good

>I was only pretending

Of course, complex is not the same as good. That doesn't change the fact that TES is both, faglord.

Don't get your panties in a bunch because someone doesn't like le deep and complex story.

I quite like the lore bits kirkbride wrote before he got stoned on peyote and added this other pointless shit

>don't get your panties in a bunch

>says the guy with the snotty shitposting about how he doesn't like something

Don't worry about the speck in my eye, check that plank in yours.

user, people are ignoring you for some reason, but I wanted to say that I support your views. Halos 1-3 (and ODST) created a pretty cool world I was a fan of and really enjoyed. Then it all went to shit with 4 onwards, don't worry about all that though.

Also, the Tiberian series was fucking amazing, up through the last one, Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath. Shame they didn't make any more C&C games, I really wanted a conclusion to Kane's story and to see where the Scrin would go from there.

The "le deep and complex" is just a jab at redditors and fa/tg/uys sucking kirkbrides dick like he is the second coming of literature jesus not actually at the lore which I find okay I guess.

TES has complex lore but it is not good. It's one of those weird situations where it's really autistic and in-depth without any sort of meaningful payoff.

More power to you if you like it, though. To each their own, and all that.

TES is a pretty interesting deconstruction of the game genre with some wild-ass elements attached. It might not be groundbreaking by itself, but in the realm of videogames it's the tallest tree in the forest.

You hate cool shit? Sounds like your existence must suck if you can't enjoy anything.

Except that's actually what happened once Pelinal's pogroms got onto the Dragon-Cat's turf.

>Mer
YES MY DRAEDRIC MASTER, I WILL PREP YOUR BBC, I BUT BEG YOU TO BREED MY WIFE RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!
>Glorious Argonian
That's my clay now you draedric bitchboi, what'cha gonna do 'bout it cunt?

I simply find Doomguy cooler than terminator

The Maomer had pale, near translucent white skin, not blue.

Kill 6 Billion Demons has some cool lore. There even is a game in the works

Glorantha.

What is so wrong with Kirkbride? There is nothing wrong with what he did before that C0DA fanfiction autistic fit.
Is that just le stoned cuckbride meme?

Mostly the meme

THIS man

I've also wanted to run/play a campaign set during the Core War but I'm the only person I know who even remotely likes the Spherus/Bara Magna setting

ctrl+f ware
0 hits
I guess khajiit gave 0 wares when khajiit saw the thread.

Insufficient respect for Best Execution of Multiverse and Magitek.

>deconstruction of the game genre
please kill yourself

agreed

If there is one thing that K6BD really excels at, it's building a complex world that draws you in.

Ciri is canonically a rug-muncher.

Seconded.

Well, she went through Witcher training, part of the Witcher training is how to plow them bitches.

There's a reference you don't see very often, mein jaeger.

The Endless series have some interesting lore parts and definitely interesting concepts, but the best is it's aesthetic and art

Ciri's bisexual you juvenile Philistine.