"All planeswalkers may act as commanders."

>"All planeswalkers may act as commanders."

Which planewalkers are banned permanently
Are any planewalkers only banned as commanders? if so, which?

Other urls found in this thread:

mythicspoiler.com/ixa/cards/jacecunningcastaway.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Alternatively,
Would you support such a ruling?

They've made a bunch of commander specific planeswalkers, makes sense to just make them able to be commanders themselves to me

I'd like "All Legendary non-Land cards may act as commanders."

My nigga.

I like that, but how about "All Planeswalker and Legendary non-Land cards may act as commanders."

Planeswalkers will be Legendary soon.

Not really any point since the legendary rule only makes it so you can't play 2 at the same time, but Planeswalkers have an even more conservative rule that says you can't play two with the same type. The only thing legendaries got going for them is being commanders if they are creatures.

My point was that when Ixalan comes out this wording will cover every card that this wording does, making the latter redundant.

They're getting rid of that second rule. One of the new Jaces makes Jace Tokens.

This
Genju of the Realms commander is so much fun

Dak Fayden is probably the most OP, although new Tamyo has nice "I win" combos with doubling season and other counter manipulation.

Wait, holl up

You're telling me that Planeswalker single rule is going away?

But they haven't done a "Planeswalker can be commanders" rule, yet, right?

can someone link the Jace the makes jace tokens?

link to captain jace sparrow
mythicspoiler.com/ixa/cards/jacecunningcastaway.html

>mythicspoiler.com/ixa/cards/jacecunningcastaway.html
nice, just read up on the rules

They really need to just set the commander status in stone.
I don't see any real reason to prevent it other than keeping Commander to a classic feel, which they've also invaded on already

>captain jace sparrow
Damn it. Now that I've seen it I'm going to inadvertently start calling the card that.

You'll notice an important feature of each of the Planeswalker Commanders is that their minus ability isn't enough to kill them, so you can't cast them multiple times in the same turn functionally as sorceries.

Other Planeswalkers aren't built with that in mind.

The only ones that can do that are a few X cost minuses, of which Ashiok's doesn't even do anything the turn it comes down. And Gideon, AOZ, of course, which is very strong but not necessarily gamebreaking, Lili of the Dark Realms is an expensive kill spell.

I think Ugin would be banned, and maybe Karn. Fast colorless mana is very explosive and Ugin is very powerful board control. Karn is just a huge pain to deal with for one person generally.

I think Sarkhan Unbroken, U Tezz and Venser would be the ones I'd want to tool around with.

I'd love for all planes walkers to be commanders, but there's have to be a few bans. Some Bolas, Liliana and Ugin ones would have to be banned Id say.

>gideon ally of zendikar
Jesus christ

>Nissa, Steward of Elements
>Tamiyo, Field Researcher

>Which planewalkers are banned permanently

All of them.

>Would you support such a ruling?

Fuck no, I would never play a Commander game again if that shit was real. Would literally drop the whole format and never look back.

I would much rather have planeswalkers banned entirely from Commander. I hate the whole cancerous card type and everything it represents. Just pure powercreep and money-grubbing.

I'd be okay with allowing any creature to act as a commander, not just any legend. There are some fantastically cool creatures out there that just have the bad luck of not being legendary (Tamanoa, Consuming Aberration, etc.). Some of them would probably need the gentle touch of banhammer though.

>Just pure powercreep

just houserule it away
the rules arent set in stone, user, you can ignore ones you dont like

we play with mana burn

>Consuming Aberration
>Havengul Lich
>Ghastlord of Fugue
>Dimir Doppleganger

All the interesting UB creatures are nonlegendary.

>making a card type that's inherently stronger than any that existed before is not powercreep

Next you'll tell me that making all of them mythic isn't money-grubbing.

>Enchantments you can attack

>Enchantments even Red can shoot

>enchantments with effects that are more powerful than anything short of Moat or Necropotence
>enchantments that don't have dedicated hate that's anywhere near the level of Erase or Back to Nature

>enchantments that typically have very menial effects that can snowball if unaswered
>enchantments that lack desicated hate because burn spells and creatures will prevent you from playing them on a bord where you don't already have advantage
Ftfy

>vehicle commanders
>book commanders
>sword commanders
it's so fucking dumb, i love it