Judge Dredd

for discussing Dredd on the tabletop and in print all with minimal lawbreaking

a short episode to get the thread started
just another day in Meg-1

Entrapment? that's lawbreaker talk

latter if this thread survives I'll post an abridged version of the Cursed Earth, mainly cutting out a few sections I didn't find as interesting
this is Dredd's first "epic" story to save Meg-2 from disease by crossing the breadth of America's wastelands

I'll start with the intro, Dredd gathers the party

Dredd looks pretty twinky in some of these early comics

still not exactly sure what all that crud up in the sky is
apparently updrafts from the War left a ton of debris floating around in the skies somehow

you think they could have put him in a better cage

Dredd co-opts some killbots for the team

Dredd coerces a criminal, Spikes Harvey Rotten, to join the party, because he's the best biker in Meg-1 (after Dredd)

and they set out from the bubbledome of Megacity 1 into the Cursed Earth

will continue latter

a map of Dredd's trips into the Cursed Earth

torture is illegal ?!

BUMP

Nice to see even in the future, Oakland's more or less the same.

It's amazing how different Dredd was in these days. He was a lot more human.

Of course it is Citizen, as are all things abhorrent and immoral
We don want annother judge Cal on our hands do we?

W-wait, user! Cursed Earth is too pure for this depraved imageboard!

But EXTREMELY scrupulous interrogations are not. The kind where you are forced to undress in a cold dark room in front of scary as fuck judges and stuck into a machine that records and analyzes your every tiny fart or pulse fluctuation during said interrogation. This is not considered torture, but you can end up ever so slightly traumatized.

348am bump

Supporting that bump. Our team efforts won`t let the thread die.

The only thing I ever really knew about Dredd was that horrible Stallone movie.
As usual, the comics are so much fucking better

New movie is not bad too, I am also kinda hyped for the TV-show, since it is being tightly controlled by people who actually write the comics. Also, Karl Urban is rumored to return as Dredd which is nice. Man got the chin and the scowl.

Just read about the tv show. Not gonna lie, pretty hyped for it

the first encounter in the Cursed Earth
the doomed town of Deliverance

this story is a bit silly but I like the art in it

I'm not sure if this "lawgiver" is a former Judge who took the Long Walk or something, he has that Eagle staff but Dredd says nothing regarding him

I still don't really understand how these rats fly about, but they make for a good old fashioned demonic monster

I decided to get the Dredd complete case files for the Cursed Earth and Day the Law died runs because of the last Dredd thread on here. Enjoying it a great deal, So thanks anons

now into the real mutie lands
will continue latter, Dredd moves into the Appalachians now, the journey into the Cursed Earth has only just begun

idk how they moved Mt Rushmore

That's precisely the reason: the Atomic War broke the earth, and the rocks started to fly. Eventually someone at 2000AD either forgot about the Death Belt or thought it was bloody silly and it simply went away after Cursed Earth... until an issue of the Megazine, where they show what happened to it: it was transported into the dimension where Judge Death comes from.

The entire Cursed Earth bit was lifted wholesale from Roger Zelazny's book Damnation Alley - in the book, it's gigantic windstorms that make the last of the Hell's Angels to cross post-apocalyptic America to deliver a plague cure to boston. Whereas in Cursed Earth, it's flying rocks that make the hardest Judge ever to cross post-apocalyptic America to deliver a plague cure to... yeah.

It is. In one story, Dredd accidentally leans on some interviewee's (broken) leg whilst interviewing him, and he actually apologises.

>kindly remove your hand from my uniform.

Long gone, five by five, sides away!

524am bump

I like that early Dredd isn't this massive slab of hard muscle and gleaming black leather, it allows for guys bigger than him that don't look completely ludicrous.

i had the toy of that as a kid, yes im old as shit

Cursed Earth Adventures continue
in the mountains of mutant madness!

lot of flying saucers in the early comics

I had that too. Never knew it was for Judge Dredd

now onto Part 2 of the Cursed Earth (2 of 4)

You're my favorite user in the world at the moment

LUKE, LUUUKE!

there are no trees in the Cursed Earth
except latter when there are some trees

next time on JUDGE DREDD

The Vampire of Tennessee

shit Fort Knox is in Kentucky??
that's dumb, what about Knoxville

very succinct Dredd

Booth is NOT MUH PRESIDENT

CUT THE PRESIDENT IN TWO

kind of a weak end but booth comes back latter

Next Time: Dredd crosses the Mississippi

The campaign isn't on until the ablative NPCs start dropping.

I heard they're gonna cast Leslie Jones as Judge Dredd and Melissa McCarthy as xir sidekick, Judge Fatty Falldown.

this story isn't that interesting imo, but tweek is a major party member
plus the flaming Mississippi looks cool

Ehh, don't forget Rebellion was also behind that mediocre Dredd vs Death videogame.

honestly the first half of Cursed Earth in general is not as good as the second

I love this Chaos lord looking beast man

That sequence of the mutant flying saw-cer pilot hitting Jimmy Carter's face is one of my all-time favourite Dredd bits.

It's insane how there has never been a really good Dredd videogame. I remember as a kid when I got the Melbourne House Judge Dredd game, thinking it would be awesome, then finding out that it was just a rather naff platformer/shooter.

Then there was that ad in Zzap! about the Anderson vs Death game which turned out to be vapourware, another game in the early 1990s on the Amiga that was (again) a disappointing shitty platformer/shooter, and then Dredd vs Death. I may have missed some.

Not one awesome Judge game, and that's a bloody shame.

It's funny how shitty Spikes and Tweak start compared to how awesome they end up.
Was it the same writer throughout?

the next bit is a bit silly but I think I'll not skip it since its a good laugh

You're in flavour country now