INQUISITOR MARTYR THREAD

INQUISITOR MARTYR THREAD

Because /v/ and Veeky Forums fucking suck, this thread is for the newest 40k vidya where you play as an Inquisitor, build a retinue join a cabal (guild), and purge the unclean.

The game kinda sucks since it's in early access but fuck it's 40k so I spent my shekels on it

>LINKS
neocoregames.com/en/games/warhammer-40k-inquisitor-martyr

Other urls found in this thread:

neocoregames.com/en/games/warhammer-40k-inquisitor-martyr
youtube.com/watch?v=CA6UJxddVwk&ab_channel=GameZine
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>The game kinda sucks since it's in early access but fuck it's 40k so I spent my shekels on it
You are a good goy like me. I have bought like every Warhammer game ever released (bar the extremely shitty mobile ones) hoping for something good and to show GW that people do care. I'm just a sucker for their lore. Once in a while we get a DoW or Total War and it's all worth it (except DoW3 fuck this game).

>open world
>sandbox
That makes me sad.

>but fuck it's 40k so I spent my shekels on it
So what? Go back to /v/

Looks like a tablet game.

>have bought like every Warhammer game
>show GW that people do care
It shows them that quality doesn't matter as people will gladly eat shit. DoW was awesome though, but 2004 was 13 years ago.

you're both right, but fuck if I haven't been willing to suck dick for a ME style Inquisitor game.

THIS,THIS, THIS.

>only game I can play as chaos is Fire Warrior
Why don't they make chaos themed games? It's always "FOR THE EMPRAH!".

You can get Fire Warrior to work? I wanted to go back and wallow in the hideousness but it's too ancient for my PC to hack it.

I believe I had to dl some fix, but it works on win8.1. there are some places where you have to reduce the resolution to minimum, because otherwise it crashes, but apart from that I had no problem.

You can kind of do it in Eternal Crusade, but that game kinda sucks.

Last time I played the only real difference was the color of the armor. It has no depth, I couldn't even maul the Slannesh follower running towards me instead of the corpse worshipers. (I was running towards them). It's like Battlefield game with a wh40k reskin.

plasma guns are gay in that game, they need to fix them.

too many words in the title
>implying i wont suck the endless cock of GW and buy it anyway

I can't tell if Eternal Crusade is a cheap cash grab or an attempt at salvaging a cheap cash grab

The latter.

Its more miserable than both of them.

Well, it had potential, and started good, I would say if not for the publisher's greed, it could have been great game. That's not gonna happen though, most of the people already got fed up with it and left, it has no marketing, and nothing that would set it apart from similar but "good" games like BF.

>, I would say if not for the publisher's greed,
Developers were incompetent hacks who only made mobile games, did anyone expected good videogame from them?

>employ inexperienced people because they ask for less
Though looking at the new battlefront, the industry itself might have died. I can't remember when was the last time I played a game that I enjoyed through.

It started out as something interesting.
Then the developers realized every neck with a semblance of fuzz on it was going to buy it.
So then they just stopped giving a shit and put it out.

Fuck that game. So mad at myself for giving into the hype of my retarded friends and buying it at full price when it was in some stupid alpha version early access.

That - and other GW-licensed stinkers - are why I'm furiously throwing buckets of water over my hype for this game so I won't be burned again.

Don't get me wrong, I really, really want it to be good; I'd just be insane to expect it.

I'm certain Commander Keen would approve of 40k games being discussed on Veeky Forums.

Quints haven't lied to me yet.

Holy crap, I didn't even realize.

>buying early access

You guys realize that giving them money before they finish the game diminishes the incentive to actually finish the game, right?

you do realize that you're the problem, right?

>community-driven

So its a shitty under supported MMO which will lose all investments in 12-18 months. Like Warhammer Online, except without a studio, an Actual studio behind it.

Single player yes, multiplayer go fuck yourself

god I miss Warhammer Online

MMO would be fine if a studio had the balls to go the way of Ultima or Eve Online. No rules, all your gear and loot is transitory, etc. Those games are fun because each death has real weight to it--thus, every fight is more exciting.

But no, we'll just get WoW clones until the end of time.

Return of Reckoning

Diablo wasn't a tablet game.
If anything, your comment just shows how far mobile gaming has gone

If you can't get the PC version to run you can emulate (the even worse) ps2 version

They are really mis-using those terms.

Basically, you choose a sector, system and planet to work in, accruing influence (rep?) on a track that offers rewards the higher you go.

Missions are procedural; investigations are missions where one leads into another, along with making decisions in a menu.

Actual levels are okay-ish sized arpg maps of various tilesets where you fight one of several enemy factions.

I'm still figuring out the mission types. They really stress priority missions but Fate missions are what give big rewards?

I ain't got no clue, darlin. Still figuring that out too. There's fate and emperor's tarot? For big rewards I guess?

We need a Veeky Forums Cabal. Ordo Malleus?

Is (or rather, will there be) there an overarching storyline? I don't like just doing randomly generated crap forever.

There will be, they have a placeholder for future story missions in the UI. That's what fate missions are essentially from what I understand.

Priority missions are not quite story missions, but close. They boost your glory, but also let your RP your character by deciding how they handle investigations.

Dude Commander Keen would be great as a setting/vibe for a game. Only question now is, "Which system?"

>See trailer.

>Was expecting it to be at least 50% of Helldivers.

>Beta footage out

>Nope, not even close, not even 10% of Helldivers.

If they let Arrowhead make a Warhammer/40k game it will be fucking awesome, these guys also love 40k.

>but fuck it's 40k so I spent my shekels on it
Did you preorder DoW3 too?

You can built a retinue?

>Why don't they make chaos themed games?
Cash grabs or not these games rely on 40k popularity to make profits. Making Chaos themed game divides this popularity by three.

This game looked like garbage when it was first revealed and it still looks like garbage.

The art direction is great, sure, but they squander it. The animations are clunky and there's no weight to the attacks when they connect. Unless you are able to derive pleasure solely from big numbers popping up there's no satisfaction to actually playing the game.

To play devil's advocate, how much of that could be excused by it being in Alpha?

None, games are released after a week in beta. Alpha means prerelease version now.

In other words, you're saying it's pretty much done? Too late for any meaningful changes? It's all just rearranging the deckchairs at this point?

Nothing at all. The game has been playable via paid access for months, and is now on Early Access. There have been no improvements to how the game feels in this time, and that is a crucial part of any Diablo-esq game. Especially one which is relatively high fidelity when it comes to the visuals.

They might make changes, but they've gone for so long without addressing this fundamental issue that I doubt they see it as a problem at all.

Well that's a damn shame. Thanks, will avoid.

Not yet

I bet more people hate loyalists than like them, just make game where you can pick your side, only being able to play LSM is probably a big turnoff for everyone else.

>I bet more people hate loyalists
Seriously, dude?

Yes, I would put the Imperium at 40% with 25% being SM 10% being IG, certainly the LSMs are the most popular faction but no way it has more than half of the player base. Though neither you nor I have any statistics to back it up.

>I bet more people hate loyalists than like them
ADB, is that you?

Loyalists are great. The only one who get hate are Ultramarines because of the wank

Damn, that game was a blast, and even from top down the weight of every bullet shot was very much felt. Ty for reminding me of this little masterpiece.

Ah, it's become a bait thread!

Bait for the Bait God! (You)s for the (You) Throne!

Well I agree and would also love a ME style Inquisitor game but let's consider what could happen
>BioWare makes it
>Every single waifu option is a sexy alium, probably intersex and polyamorous as well
>You must learn over the game how the Imperium are EVIL RAYCISS and the Orks/Nids/Eldar/DEldar/Tau/Crons are actually such nice and good people
>Shitty plot twists that are forgotten about
>Day 1 DLC
>Morality is now on a scale of be vs literally Hitler, in this game Puritans are all nothing but self righteous asshats and radicals are nice because they understand the aliums
>Devs repeatedly post shit like FUCK WHITE PEOPLE on twitter and whilst the needlessly overrepresented sexy eldar remain white, all humans are now brown/black because diversity

I agree it would be great in theory with a good studio like Obsidian Arts

>neocoregames.com/en/games/warhammer-40k-inquisitor-martyr

The artwork is more Space Marine than how I picture inquistors... Another example of Space Marine creep into all things GW...

Well, they do have power armor for Inquisitors, what bothers me although is that Inquisitors weren't supposed to be one man armies, their job is not to barge in and kill all heretics, but to find those heretics and stop corruption from spreading. The game should be more investigation focused with occasionally leading guardsmen/spacemarines to clear out a cult and burning heretics.

Like Andromeda?

Yep, I agree with that as well. And again it just seems like they're taking the approach of "Lets put power armor and mass gun fire" Like you said, this game should in all honesty play more like a game of Eternal Darkness rather than all the generic Gears of War mass shooting games already out there.

But clever psychological horror is tricky to make and has less mass appeal, user, whereas normies will happily make you a fortune if you just have big, incoherent, stompy bastards blowing shit up. All it costs is your integrity.

WoW clones sell. Your Darwinian pissing contests rarely do. And no, Eve Online and Ultima don't count. They were minor successes in a time where there were no good alternatives within the genre.

'le sigh' when I realize this is a sad but correct statement.

>All it costs is your integrity.
price easily paid by franchise that never had any to begin with

DoW3 was good.

>look around on their website
>go back
>get a bunch of code

I hope they have better people working on their games than their website.

I don't think I've seen a 40k game do plasma guns right.

Hell, they look like pea shooters in Space Marine and the upcoming Eisenhorn game.

Upcoming? Don't tell me that stinker iOS game is getting a sequel!

I really hope that'll end up being a feature, but I haven't seen anything on it. Retinues are a pretty major aspect of Inquisitors.

Also, it feels weird for Inquisitors to be storming these Chaos strongholds on their own.

I'm not sure about that game, but this one appears to be some kind of third-person shooter RPG or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=CA6UJxddVwk&ab_channel=GameZine

When are we getting a proper game set in comorrogh where you play as an Deldar Kab?

That's the one I was talking about; It's been out for a whole year.

>Longwinded /pol b8
>Forgets rule 0 in trying to HFY. Der Übermensch ARE HUMANS.

Might wanna lurk lore lad. That's some weak ass b8

Oh, okay. I saw a bunch of videos, and just assumed it was one of those games that's in development forever, because I didn't hear anything about a release.

I'm not surprised, it was as well-recieved as it deserved. I.E., instant shovelware.

They're planning on it, but figuring out the so commands for it.

>all those skulls
Why does the empire love skulls so much
>inb4 le emperor's sacrifice

>Warhammer Online
>so much potential
>so much getting fucked by EA
>so much having most of the dev team moved over to TOR

F

Dow2 ones were not half bad.

Because why not use every resource available?

A human skill is the symbol for the purity of humanity.
Skull not that shape? That's not human. Not human? Below human! Purge or exploit to your content.

it was my first mmo.

I found it strange later on playing other games, when people could move through my character model.

I was da biggest and da strongest black orc, til I took an mmo cancellation to the knee.

>tfw you will never again block the keep gates with few good men and healers against the rushing tide of enemies who try to push past you.

Ahh now I see
What about heretic skulls? Do they count?
>empire is collecting so many skulls khorne is getting jelly

Wtf is empire you idiot, atleast say it properly.

I'm digging my Inquisitor, and I like the fact you can keep your same 'power level' if you like your current gear.

Empire of dudes

Something closer to X-Com might work I think

The Space Wolves and Deathwatch mobile games give a bit of that feel, but it isn't enough. It so isn't enough.

And they're both built heavily around that classic "grind for shit or spend $6000" model.

Can you even call in exterminatus in this game?

>seeing HFY in a post making fun of Bioware
>implying bioware in any way likes human beings

>imagining a huge overhaul mod to turn fallout 4 into a 40k game
I'd pay for this

When is GW just gonna give the 40k Liscense to a good developer like Arkane ?

Never. You'll take what you get goy