Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Rumour engine for this week Edition What is it? Fishmen army confirmed?

Old Thread: >Death Guard faction focus: Strategems, Relics and Warlord Traits
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/death-guard-warlord-traits-stratagems-and-relicsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Top 5 Squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Konor Campaign,rigged
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Bomb-Squig-All-Together.mp3
kickstarter.com/projects/loudnraging/warstages-the-gothic-cathedral
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

New Aspect Warrior?

Anyone here know Genestealer Cults? I'm looking to get into them after picking up Deathwatch Overkill and not finding a buyer for the tyranid half. I already picked up an extra squad of Genestealers, and I've got Militarum Tempestus from my general Inquisition army to use as Guard, but what else is good?

That's new eldar shit baybeeeeeee!

Reminder that nurgle armies can literally not be shot at.

It's a Sigmarine hero's helmet mohawk fin, idiots.

whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Bomb-Squig-All-Together.mp3

wtf is this, its in an article from the OP

It just turns a DG unit into a character what's the big deal.

Only a real idiot would be familiar with Age of Sigmar, checkmate

It's a recording of a bomb squig obviously.

Kinda reminds me of the sails on Eldar BFG ships.

People are choosing to read it that the unit that activates Cloud of Flies is the only unit you can shoot at. I believe them to be incorrect, but I also believe it to take up much more of the thread with arguments than it deserves.

Games Workshop and Bad Dragon collab.

>fishmen
Good times.

>get into combat
>pop flies
>enemy cannot shoot anything else because this unit is closer

who is this matt fella everyone seems to like

They're wrong, but we've been getting FAQs reasonably quickly so they'll get BTFO pretty quick.

He's a swell guy, i heard he recently got a job too!

So if I slap some pith helmets on my IG boys (but leave them otherwise unmolested), will I still be able to play in Geedubs stores? I dunno what the stance on conversions is these days.

>he knew Sigmarines were from AoS

Plastic Primaris Sisters confirmed???

Matt 'Chugging' English, the inventor of 'Hammer'. After his brother released the fantasy spinoff 'Warhammer' he decided to one up him by releasing the sci fi spinoff '40 kilotonnes', or as you might know it, '40k'.

The stratagem is modifying the DG unit, not the enemy shooters. When have you seen someone pay 1 CP to control the enemy's unit?

Mr. Ward, responsible for changes from old fluff that few people liked. He's become a boogeyman of the game, a name given to every fluff change people don't enjoy and arguably the reason that GW no longer states who did codexes.

He made a bunch of codexes that were very balanced against each other, and incredibly enjoyable to play, but they were very powerful because of how much of the fluff was given rules and other codexes that were not designed by him struggled to compete against his codexes in terms of power.

Grey Knights, to this day, are still recovering from GW removing what Ward did to them, and struggling to find a new identity without either army-wide The Shrouding or powerful HQ buffs.

Are these 3rd party pith helmets?

How are mongs interpretting it as such? It's literally plain and simple wording... holy fuckballs.

I was going to ignore you, but making it a phonecap is the sort of attention to detail that deserves recognition. Kek.

Indeed.

They're reading it that if the unit is the closest, it is the only one you can shoot at.

he's the SJW boogeyman of Veeky Forums, gotcha

I couldn't drain the phone fast enough so it's only barely half-strength.

Then GW stores won't let you play there.

GW bits only.

The rule is typically that just over half of the mini has to be GW's stuff, but some managers get a bit anal about it and won't accept anything but 100% GW stuff

as far as i know it mostly depends on the store manager. Be polite and ask him before i say

Nobody uses logic or language in the order that you're trying to twist it into to get that to work. Even the GW rules would have put the "if it is the closest target" clause at the forefront if this interpretation would correct.

It would read something like "If target Death Guard unit is the closest visible unit, enemy units must target Death Guard unit with their shooting attacks". We have precedence.

Trying to make fake RAW interpretations is so pointless and dumb in the era of instant FAQ, constant FAQ, and where GW is literally repeating themselves over and over saying RAI trumps RAW and they will FAQ that shit into the correct RAW form to reflect RAI if they have to.

Effectively so, yes.
This is effectively determined entirely by the owner of the store.

Oh shit, better get some GW clothes as well!

>Sprint

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Kekkles

I guess having no standardized policy keeps them relatively free from criticism.
Thanks, I'll ask directly at the store then.

Tfw no Naomi photos to find

>FAQ

You think I play with that third-party shit?

That's not going to save you, 0% of your body was made by GW. Better start replacing limbs with FW resin prosthetics.

Usually yes. Ask you store manager.

So I was looking at Raging Heroes' Gothic Cathedral kickstarter, all cardboard with plastic clips so you can assemble and take it down however you need it. Is this idea as close to old Necromunda terrain as anyone has tried in all these years? I mean, I figure not everyone needs a gothic cathedral, but since this ks was a success, they'll probably do another one later that is far closer to what you'd imagine for a Necromunda board. Or is there any other company that has done the cardboard with plastic terrain idea well?

kickstarter.com/projects/loudnraging/warstages-the-gothic-cathedral

It's noticeable that Matt Ward is claimed to be responsible for a lot of ultramarines wank, despite it havign been in the setting for quite some time. His Space marine codex defaulted to Ultramarines Unless Otherwise Noted, simply because Ultramarines clung closest to the Codex Astartes and that book was representing forces that follow the Codex Astartes, unless otherwise noted by their leaders.

Wow laura is hotter IRL

Oldcrons > Newcrons

Prove me wrong.

Who's such a DGfag they're going to pick up a copy of the Collector's Edition codex?

They all ugly as shit kek

Art looks nothing like them. Have true cutest GW employee who doesn't need fake art.

>muh metal tyranids
Fuck off faggot

Trazyn

Chaos bots were pretty cool, I agree.

>mummies in space
>''metal tyranids''
uwutm8

Just finished pic related and, ho boy, what a ride. Definitely recommend you give the Last Chancers series a try if you are in the mood for some IG.

Oldcrons were fine. The lords having individuality should've been enough for people who wanted their own dudes.

They're bad cause every game is the same

"OK why are we fighting"
"becuz my d00ds are ebil dethbots XD!"

At least Newcrons aren't reduced to puppets of the mustache-twirling C'tan.

Tyranids are garbage for the same reason. Though in this case it's "new (post 2e)" nids that lack narrative potential.

BORING

Much better. Spooky and grimdark, better fits the setting.

>croydon facelift
>Smiles just like pennywise from IT
Jesus christ, I feel like laura's doing everything in her power to look hideous.

Me probably.

Lore is neither here nor there for oldcrons vs newcrons.

The issue with Newcrons is the aesthetic. The simple design of the warriors and destroyers was great. Now its overdesigned shit with tons of jarring egyptian motifs crammed into dudes.

I could get into necrons, if they didn't look like such pieces of shit.

Sorry, posted the wrong pic.

So what do you want from the Admech codex, fellow bloops? Personally I would kill for some way to make Dragoons either more stabby or cheaper, and a way to access Skitarii units without a Dominus. Some kind of "Orbital Command" HQ option, where instead of a model you just pay for a round of buffs and maybe some orbital strikes or something, but it still fills the comp slot.

Would also be happy with an Alpha Primus HQ, but it might be interesting to not have a model attached at all.

>yfw nerds actually give a shit just because you have a vagina and are related to their autistic hobbies

Mm she has some delicious slav genes.

I did not know SoBs had dreadnoughts. Are there other lore precedents of non Astartes gettin
stuffed into those Boxes?

>implying trazyn the memefinite isn't the greatest character ever devised

>"OK why are we fighting"
>"becuz my d00ds are ebil cockroaches XD!"

>"becuz my d00ds are ebil mushrooms XD!"

>"becuz my d00ds are ebil daemons XD!"

>"becuz my d00ds are ebil elves XD!"

>"becuz my d00ds are ebil spess muhreens XD!

Your argument is either invalid, or valid for everyone.

>not posting Duncan's cartoon portrait also to show that he's even cuter IRL

Squatting

Its not SoB per se
Ephrael Stern is rather.... unique.
she is kinda something else

>evil cockroaches
>evil daemons
>evil elves

These are redundant.

Nice digits, but
>nothing has a personality except at the very very highest level and literally everything in the faction fights to extinguish all life
Instead it's
>nothing has a personality except at the very very highest level and literally everything in the faction fights to eat all life

It's mostly tyranids and daemons at this point. You can have a large variety of motivations for everyone else (even some demons).

cockroaches are mindless animals and so can normally never be anything more than true neutral

>At least Newcrons aren't reduced to puppets of the mustache-twirling C'tan.
Which doesn't fit the setting as much as terminator mummies did.

>Tyranids are garbage for the same reason.
And yet people buy them, so your opinion and shit.

More memes = less grimdark. Why do you think Failbaddon and Matt Ward wank were so hated by the community?

>implying I give a shit about some ugly hag
Top kek landwhale, go make me a sandwich

I'd like a Skittari HQ that each turn can gives a SKITTARI unit either +1 BS & -1 WS or -1 BS & +1 WS for a turn as a nod to the Doctrina Imperatives

>and yet people buy them
Coincidentally these same people have shit taste, and with 8e's rules may even be WAACfags.

>he thinks people are actually who their images are on Veeky Forums
>he thinks "yfw" means "mfw"

You're too stupid to be the real cheetahfag.

either give us a detachment that doesn't requite HQ or give us a Skitarii HQ

Not really, they have a variety of motivation and many aren't even evil, so it's much less grimdark.

It isn't, are you new to the fantasy genre?

Supposed "less grimderp in the lore" has negligible bearing on why Matt Ward is completely reviled by the community. Fuck off.

Pretty pathetic isn't it?

>paying twice as much per month for marginally better service

>DG will be AoE damage and tankiness
>TS will be spells and stuff?
>EC will be ?
>WE will be murderkillslaughter in some way?
I'm excited

>triggered landwhale already in full damage control
Like pottery lmao

Where is my sandwich?

Not really, though. Even Dark Eldar are at least individuals and can have motivations beyond murderrape. Oldcrons were literally just "a bunch of faceless evil entities controlled by some other evil entity arrive and shoot you without saying anything."

is there a guide somewhere for what's changed since I read wh40k like almost a decade ago? I don't want to sift through all the codices

They barely had any motivation outside of "the c'tan fucked us up so now we hate all life and want to kill it all" oh lol except when a c'tan wasn't using them as pawns. Oldcrons were just metal tyranids but with a tweest

Already unbanned, or just evading?

>people who don't share my tastes have shit taste

I bet at least one of them is a women making fun of less attractive women to make herself feel better.

DG seem to be a slow army that thrives in close proximity to your enemy but not always melee. They get a lot of their damage through mortal wounds but not the psychic phase.

Cool I guess.

I imagine that Thousand Sons will be much more psyker orientated and will have memey powers. Tzeentch Daemons have some of the worst powers but also the most creative.

The only time I see people discussing Necrons is to talk about how boring they are
poor bots

There's no girls in Veeky Forums,

Question: How would you feel about having a turn clock in 40k?

EC will likely be about precision strikes and going first at everything.

how does daemon summoning work

Could I have a 1k sons army that summons daemons and still has the 1k sons keyword?