Would you watch a show that portrays a gaming group playing a roleplaying game...

Would you watch a show that portrays a gaming group playing a roleplaying game, but is either completely or mostly scripted?
What would it need for you to be interested?

So, what, like "The Gamers" or its sequel? Because I've watched those. Maybe you should watch them, too.

I was actually thinking something almost educational, rather than just a straight parody.

Something that would show an ideal group in action, complete with well-timed jokes, clever combat tricks, and emotional roleplaying.

I was actually thinking about doing a Critical Role type show with some actor friends of mine, except even faker than Critical Role. Might even start a kickstarter/patreon if the pilot is succesful.

hell no, but plenty of retarded faggots eat that shit up already.
just look at these cunts

I'd cringe if I realized it was scripted

>the best
What? Is there a competitive D&D scene or something?

If the players are likeable and interesting characters, sure. This is assuming the acting and plot is solid. The campaign they're playing can be retarded as all hell but that's okay if the show treats it that way.

Yes. I enjoy my hobby and like to be able to include it in different parts of my life. My favorite episode of Dexter's Lab was the one where they play D&D.

Whats their deal ?

Are you excluding the movie in that statement? Because Dexter's Ego Trip was the best thing to come out of that show.

Damn, I just loved that whole show. It was just good.

no.
these are actresses from LA who saw that people were getting youtube views playing D&D. so they decided to cash in on the whole "geek chic" thing (being a nerd is cool now, bazinga!) and got some of their beta orbiters from the business to film and edit them stumbling through games while playing dress-up and making lowest common denominator humor. it's the cringiest shit. but WotC saw it and invited them to their live streaming event "stream of annihilation" to help premier the new hardback. the good news is that these women will forget all about gaming in a few months if that haven't already, and the hobby will be back on course to being unpopular and fun

what are the 8 dnd books do they supposedly own on those shelves behind them, and why aren't they any where near being used at the table?

There was also "LARPs: The Series "
Well. they are pretty

>WotC saw it and

I feel like it's really easy to get WotC's attention.

I think I'd enjoy something like Blacks Books but with a table top gaming store instead. Witty but light-hearted misanthropy is always charming.

can't you just tell us what you want to do?

if you want to do a show to introduce people to D&D and teach them how to play i think you'll be better off scripting only the first minutes where you teach how the game works and introduce the character, but then change tone and script nothing for the play session trying to make it feel as natural as possible.
you gotta have people who have basic acting skills and know D&D ( or whatever you are playing).Tell them to speak clearly and in character.
The DM got everything setup and is able to fudge rolls, so i don't think you need more scripting.

This is Timmy. He's a normal, healthy teenager. But Timmy is going to try ERP. *dramatic music*

>All these people wanting unscripted shows
Just the "uummm"s and "uhhhh"s would take half the screen time. Watching people fumbling around is not fun.

The best you can expect is acting out an aftergame report of an offscreen game.

The problem with "natural, unscripted play" is that it takes forever.
With a solid script, you could easily fit a six-hour session into half an hour.

Like harmonquest?

just checked their youtube. they used to have a steady flow of content, but after "playing with the best" they haven't done anything in 3 months. guess they got all the attention they were seeking and now don't have to do pretend to that nerd shit anymore

>Well. they are pretty
Finally, a heterosexual.