Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

chain scythe aesthetics edition

>Death Guard faction focus: Strategems, Relics and Warlord Traits
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/death-guard-warlord-traits-stratagems-and-relicsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Top 5 Squig anime waifus
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Konor Campaign
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pW_xdftOspA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

repostan, also first for the emprah

Do start this thread off right post your 40k wife/husband

Use this strategem during the movement phase as you move two or more units into range for an assault. Be sure you target your unit that is not closest to your assault target. Choose that same unit to charge first. Congrats, it is immune to overwatch.

So how do taurox's do in this edition? I know they got buffed and people were hyping them before 8th launched but I don't know if they lived up to it

You already did.

>that little pout she has going on
>mfw

The world needs more lewd celestine OC

What sort of spells, relics, etc. do you hope for with Thousand Sons? Not talking about units, just the additional rules for the army and all.

Just imagine that under her tabard/skirt she is no-pan

>The Greatest Sister of Battle
>The Last of Living Saints
>Avatar of the Emperor
>Gets utterly bulldozed and demolished by Abaddon and Kharn

I guess that confirms that the Emperor is not a god.

Or you could just send it the Rhino or character like a normal person and keep your command points for better stuff.

>plot armour the characters
>defeating punching bag the character
>this is some how an achievement
Chaosfags everyone! They did it again.

Those guys aren't exactly pushovers, and from what I remember she pegged Abby while he was busy crushing Cadia's hero
>no discription of creed fighting abaddon
>just cuts to him with no arm and about to die
>my nigga got off screened

(reposting from dead thread)

Here's the heavy armored-themed list I'm thinking of taking tomorrow. Do you guys think it's fair with 4 LRBTs and a Baneblade chassis? It's tricky trying to bring cool an thematic lists that aren't "spam", which I know people don't like.

++HQ++
183 Tank Commander in LR Punisher + 2x hvy bolter sponsons
30 Company Commander
30 Company Commander
30 Company Commander

++Troops++
47 Infantry Squad + plasma gun
+8 more of those up there ^

++Elites++
40 Enginseer
40 Enginseer
40 Enginseer
90 Trojan Support Vehicle
75 Salamander Command Vehicle

++Heavy Support++
148 LRBT + 2x hvy bolter sponsons
148 LRBT + 2x hvy bolter sponsons
148 LR Punisher + 2x hvy bolter sponsons

++LoW++
566 Shadowsword + 4x twin hvy bolter/lascannon sponsons

It proves that the disgustingly misogynist employees at Games Workshop are pushing their patriarchal agenda by not allowing the morally correct plot to advance, where Celestine uses her feminine strength to overwhelm her enemies with grace and body-positive hipsizes. Then she installs an all-female space marines chapter and there are no wars ever again, because women are better leaders.

>Abaddon
>wrested support of all four gods
>controls a powerful enslaved daemon
>Kharn
>the literal top mortal champion and mortal avatar of Khorne, even more than Celestine is an avatar

Cheap and good. Primes also are cheap and good.

Don't worry Creeds on ice in trashy the incontinents collection

I know this is a joke but the sad thing is it will cause people here to sperg out

>Celestine
>greatest sister of battle
user do you even know 40k lore old or new?

They are basically guard jetbikes
For 100 pts you can have a marine mulcher that moves 14"

Strategem that prevents perils of the warp in some manner for a turn?

I'd also like psychic dread please

>look at Adepticon photos
>99% of armies are bad airbrush paintjobs
>basecoat only, not even wash, basically 3 color minimum most likely
>fully painted, and at least they tried, but apparently the owner was not only bad at painting but is color blind as well

I saw like ONE well airbrushed army and ONE well painted non-airbrushed army and ONE god tier army that was basically full NMM Custodes and GKs, out of hundreds of armies. There were some neat armies and ideas and color schemes and conversions, but almost always part of an army that was either not fully painted, or not painted well.

Pretty sure FoC refers to her as the greatest of her kind.

Sorcerer Dread HQ option like what blood angels get or a rubric dread

>body-positive hipsizes

more like boner-positive.

Let's see your army user

>not talking about the units
I'm interested in what you guys want for the rules, silly.

Well don't post her first then.

Hmph. Okay, here's another pic.

Soon

Who wants to put effort into an army you only pull out for tournaments?

I forgot to mention that afterwards I felt bad because my army looks like shit too, but I'm not the one flying to major events, and at least my army is fucking washed and fully painted.

The defeats are not the point. It's the fight that's being highlighted. Celestine didn't give neither Abaddon or Kharn a run for their money. It was a straight up stomping.

Well said.
Eat that Drumpatrump!

>smears feces on a canvas
>"Dude what the fuck."
>"LET'S SEE *YOUR* PAINTING THEN!!!"

The joke'll be on you when I make the best diarrhea mural in the world.

Who's the alien cat with the dead eyes in the OP?

>Death Guard
>Rhinos

Okay, buddy.

As in saints maybe. Her armour is not even from her. She is using stuff from better sisters.
Celestine is just warp demon in new lore. So she can't be a SoB

You know what they say...
Got no soul- gives up every hole!

>same wording as for the rule regarding Characters
>you can Overwatch Characters
We need day -1 FAQ.

Relictors user here, still kicking around list ideas while I wait for stuff to arrive. Been looking at building them using the chaos codex; the daemon weapons are much better which I'd kind of the point, but fluff wise I'd be limited to basic marines, terminators, havocs and chosen and that's pretty much it, as well as not being able to use any of the Mark based stratagems. Also can't take an inquisitor in allied detachment, which is something I wanted to do down the line.

Also, is the hellforged contemptor any good?

It's different in that it doesn't specify the shooting phase unlike characters.

I keked pretty hard, not going to lie

>We need day -1 FAQ.
>day -1

So like...murder the people asking?

But Emperor, wasn't Tommy one of your past identities?

You're right. The wording is so inconsistent I still want the FAQ though.

Let's be fair FoC was a bullshit story.
For Chaos and Imperium. For fuck sake Celestine stabbed Armless the harmless terminator armour while wounded.

Kharn losing in melee would mean his death and that won't sell. Unlike Celestine that simply can't die and revives. So her job in the lore is making other characters look cool by killing an always returning super zombie character

How come we don't hear more about the emperor's extended family aside from his test tube bois

Kyubey, from Madoka Magica. Why?

I thought he was CWC.

Fuck you I'm talking about units because I want more goddamned tzaangors

And psykdreads

And access to non-rubric marines (i.e. the guys they've recruited using the sorcs' geneseed) who get no VotLW but have renegade tactics.

More variety in psychic powers. And no rule of one.

Kyubey from Pulella Magi Madoka.

An emotionless, sick fuck, who pulls the cute pet act quite well.

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, HORUS!

>mfw this month I have completed 72 guardsmen, 5 chimeras, a shadowsword, 40 kasrkin, 5 assassins, 2 inquisitors, a henchman posse, 2 techpriests, 3 commissars, 3 tank commanders, and 2 priests, plus cleaning up old paintjobs on 5 more chiemras and 4 LRBTs.

He was extremely sexually involved with them. It's nothing abnormal.

>For fuck sake Celestine stabbed Armless the harmless terminator armour while wounded.

Doesn't take a lot of effort and she wasn't that wounded. Abaddon just smashed her to the ground and she spent the next few minutes running from him.

>Kharn losing in melee would mean his death and that won't sell.

Pretty sure Kharn died at the HH but revived.

But user, we both know that won't happen, as much as i want to use things like the skyfires, gaunt summoner, etc. so why not talk about the thing that we can at least think about and hope to expect?

Curious why it was hanging around magnus
Yikes, no kidding

No one actually knows if he was dead or just unconscious.

I mean, I just use skyfires as my exalted sorcs.

I wish renegades weren't garbage. Fuck it'd be so cool to convert a tzaangor/kairic acolyte 40k army.

I did not hit her! I did not! Its bullshit! Oh hi Horus.

Soo kharn and Celestine revive... the entire fight is pointless.

He is a Perpetual. A Perpetual character, Alivia Sureka, was sterile. So it's highly likely that he is sterile as well. Remember that Perpetuals are a sub-species of mankind. Nature would not give immortal organisms the ability to reproduce since they don't need it and would be a threat to the species longevity.

Now that we got Bloodbowl and Necromunda back, is there any chance we might see some more of the old skirmish games like Gorkamorka?

What sounds better? Wave serpent filled with wraithguard or two venoms with 3 trueborn blasters each?

>more goddamned tzaangors
ALL ABOARD THE BIRD TRAIN

Kharn died multiple times during the HH

Didn't some of the Perpetuals have kids on the reg, though?

Reminder that he was Vader too
youtube.com/watch?v=pW_xdftOspA

>Nature would not give immortal organisms the ability to reproduce
what is this personification?

>Emperor is the collective reincarnation of "sages and shaman"
>In this case that means driven, autistic and weirdo creators.
>This makes him as powerful as Neal Breen is in his movies
No wonder people worship him.

He got her skull for Khorne and she lost a piece of her soul. Unlike the Chaos Gods, The Emperor has a set number of time he can revive someone. Celestine is down to her last lives. This is further proof that the Emperor is a not a god. Slaanesh, for example, brought back Lucius gods knows how many times.

Vulkan had sons by the tons

Mr. Baithoven, please not this fucking meme again. We only just recovered from the shitstorm it caused last time.

>Nature would not give immortal organisms the ability to reproduce since they don't need it and would be a threat to the species longevity.
So sex is useless?

hey so im going to buy the Start Collecting for Imperial guards as well as the Army Painter Mega Paint set #3. has anyone had luck doing color schemes for STEEL LEGION models like the pic related (fallschirmjäger splinter camo, ones on the right)

also since steel legion is a little bit harder to come by i figure id do half the guard in cadians with a no-camo similar color like pic related (far left dude)

WTB all your brimstones PST

Do you actually have the bit of lore that says that or are you just reading things the way you want them to read as usual?

He isn't wrong about Celestine.
I remember something about her fading away bit by bit per rez
Kharn is just par for the course inconsistent chaos wank

>this is what most new """""TS""""" armies are starting to look like
Am I the only one who started recently because mages and egyptians are cool and not because of Magnus?

Each time she dies, a fragment of her soul is lost to the warp where it's devoured by daemons. If the Emperor can't protect his avatar, then how can he protect anyone?

But Anonymous, where's the other 1500 points of your army?

Can anyone explain how Lucius works? There's plenty of emotionless or non-biological killers in 40k. What happens if a Necron kills him?

What if the Emperor is on the verge of God hood and not a fully awakened god. Like Slaanesh before long night.

Celestine isn't the Emperor's avatar, that's why she cried like a little bitch at the sight of Guilliman.

But user the Emperor himself said he was not a god.
So him doing god leve stuff while not being a god sure shits on chaos gods.

That said even the bloody mechanicus can revive people. So reviving individuals is not a great feat in 40k all things consider

Holy shit, she's a Sigmarine but Chaos steals her soul instead of Nagash.

> disgusting spam net list
> shit tier air brush job
> Warmashit models
Is it a coincidence?

Probably, yes. The only people that play actual Thousand Sons seem to be those who played them before Fagnus got a model and OP rules.

Necrons get turned, robot pride is still pride

Some will beast or indiscriminate artillery or virus bombing would do the job if the person who fired it wasn't proud of the act

>The Eternal Duellist

>Lucius the Eternal leads a motley warband across the galaxy on the trail of the deadliest opponents his network of admiring torture-cultists can locate for him. He intends to hunt down the best melee fighters in the galaxy and beat them in one-on-one combat or die in the attempt. Over the course of several centuries he defeats the Dark Eldar Archon Vraesque in cursed Shaa-dom, the Emperor’s Champion of the Black Templars at Veilfate, and the Ork Warboss Two-klaws at Octarius Sigma.

>Eventually, on a nameless moon near Damnos, Lucius is cut down by the shape-shifting Necron duellist known only as the Phasing Sword. Not even the Necron’s body of living metal can prevent the Slaaneshi champion’s strange possession-curse from taking hold, however, for it takes a cold pride in its victory, and that is the seed of its undoing. Lucius is reborn inside his killer within days, the xenos warrior’s body drizzling away to reveal the twisted swordsman, as arrogant and maniacal as ever.

Don't act like you didn't read this. Necrons can feel emotion and so they can be turned to victims to the curse.

Even if he killed by something emotionless or by accident, he will return by the will of Slaanesh. Lucius can only be killed by someone whose heart is filled with nothing but compassion and mercy.

>Necrons can feel emotion
When was this again?

It's in the 8th edition rulebook. Some Necron kills him, but is satisfied with his kill and so Lucius has now overtaken the Necron's mind.

Not the dumbest shit GW has ever written, but pretty close IMO.

Since Necron 3th ED.

>pacifist Titan accidentally steps on Lucius and feels only deep remorse
>'perfect duelist' destroyed