Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1725: TYPE-Jumpchan Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49939492/#49941627
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is the best spaceship in the chain in terms of speed?

As someone who's never played kingdom hearts, what're y'all talkin' 'bout?

Planet Express from Futurama, I believe.

Boss Monster or Fallen Human?

Well, teraport drives from Schlock Mercenary are pretty damn fast and far-ranging. They need an extra boost of energy to go trans-galactic, something about the how huge masses warp space making it easier to travel within a galaxy than between them. But given enough energy, they're instantaneous. Teraports can travel any distance they're able to travel in about a microsecond. The only reason travel times are still a thing in the Schlock Mercenary universe is because all the major powers have put up anti-teraport fields a couple light-hours in radius around all of their major habitats. No one wants teraport missiles warping in on top of them, so they force all traffic to have to take the long way. Well, almost all traffic, you can have anti-anti-teraport fields that allow very small spaces (like the size of a small room, at most) to ignore the denial fields, make for rapid entrance or egress of high-priority personnel or materiel. It's also possible to punch directly through the denial fields if you've got enough energy, so combine this with some really high-power reactors and not even those will limit your travel. Best of all, teraport engines are small and energy-efficient. You could probably wear one as personal equipment if you wanted to.

Boss Monster, boss monsters are fucking awesome. The heck is a fallen human?

They weren't talking about Kingdom Hearts per se, more just people's alignment with the good guys or bad guys in general, and people were going "As if there's anything good here"

Well, my current chain is all about ice, and not fire, so I guess fallen human?

I feel like things that travel at the speed of comedy are cheating. The Planet Express's speed is wildly variable, depending on the joke they're doing.

Has anyone jumped Lone Wolf?
If so, please post builds.

Jumpers, what do you consider an underrated jump? One that mostly gets passed up for others, but you still enjoy,

I thought since they made such a big deal out of it and even emphasized the ship's speed in some episodes, it's when it's going slower that they're adjusting the speed for a gag/plot.

Hey /jc/, is there any jump you've taken where you almost wish you could have shown up sooner in the plot, if you were interacting with it?

Most of them, it feels.

Eh, I wouldn't really say it's any more variable than the high speeds of most shows, honestly. It's very rare for any fictional show, whether it be a sci fi tv show or a shounen manga, to accurately and consistently display speed as it should be for characters. At least once you get to speeds beyond what are achievable in the modern day. The planet express, even discounting the universe end episode, still travels thousands of light years or between galaxies on a fairly regular basis at pretty high speeds.

I am not on my PC right now, but lone wolf is an early always for me because of Universal Canon.

I've homeruled starting earlier in Naruto before. It was late enough in the chain that I didn't really feel like representing myself as a new guy by the time the plot rolled around. Had some fun being a Jonin Sensei, establishing myself as a legend, etc.

Gundam SEED. I really want to start at the beginning of the Cosmic Era and make sure that Atlantic Federation never goes all cuckoo bananas embracing Blue Cosmos. Letting that band of fanatics take power leads to all the actual problems a nation-state might have with ZAFT to get drowned out by the crazy racism. So even though ZAFT absolutely should not exist, the fact that the main faction calling for their dissolution are genocidal maniacs means that everyone else gets weirdly conciliatory to ZAFT in an attempt to keep from looking bad.

Yeah, but there are enough times when they're going slower than their supposed maximum that it moves past "just this once, for the gag" and turns into there being no defined speed.

This is true, but at least with most mishandling of the speed of a ship (or person, or monster, or whatever) it can be assumed to be an issue of the author making a mistake. Futurama is a comedy show, the contradictions are likely intentional, because the Planet Express having a defined speed is less important to the writers than the crew getting into weird situations.

Fallen Human.

1.For the Friendship perks.

2.Because I want to be a (somewhat) special snowflake.

3. For that delicious, delicious, Super powerful soul.

Can't Gil planet-busting with Ea? Why is it exactly that you think EX tops out at a nuke equivalent?

>What happens to the lasers of Mekara Beam?

Um. Whatever you want, I guess? I don't see any reason not to keep it, the game doesn't treat them as anything other than a particularly odd attack/healing ability. (The healing ability, btw, is when your eyes vomit health potion onto people. Yes. That's a thing that can happen during the 50% of the time that the laser fails to go off. It's hilarious.)

Eh, true. Even if we stick with just the regularly shown feats though, we're still looking at upper hundreds of thousands to millions of times beyond the speed of light. Hardly as impressive but still pretty hefty.

Dog

Starfury travels at the speed of plot. Get the genre switch perk from Cowadooty One Year WarIW, switch genre to "Wagon Train IN SPACE", travel for the time between episodes.

Ehh, for a supposed Anti-World Noble Phantasm Gil never uses it to actually destroy the world. It seems to be more of an Anti-Reality Marble then anything.

He can't planet bust with Ea and has never been shown doing so or anything like such. I've based my view on what EX's can do on what they've been shown to do in the main series of FSN, Zero, Prototype and other Fuyuki grail system series. Before you bring up anything from GO, I've already said in the past that it's fine to adjust the raw biggatons up for things in GO because NPs and stats do give more, just as long as you can back it up with evidence.

That's because World really is referring to the reality marble of the world. Planet and World refer to different things, Planet being the big giant rocks in space and World referring to reality on that planet. Anti-World means Anti-Reality Marble.

Isn't it objectively a bad idea to waste your SP in a non-GO jump, then?

He killed a fucking Reality Marble in Zero.

No. It's not "anti-world" in the sense that it could destroy the world, but in the sense that it works against the principles of the world. Ea reveals the truth of reality that the jealous god Gaia hides from humanity, peeling back the false world she's created and letting the natural order of the universe eat away at her lies. It's a beautiful and holy weapon, and the fact that a mongrel like Gilgamesh has ownership of it and is wasting its potential is a great tragedy of the setting.

Not really. The only thing that's different is basically the biggatons, hax based effects remain the same. The Grand/Beast scenarios, where the actually stronger stuff are, is going to be open for taking even if you'e been a Servant before. So all that really changes by being a Servant in GO is if you take big explodey effects which is both a bit of a waste because they still don't get that great outside of Grand stuff and also less good because all the guys you're fighting against are scaled up as well.

Well yes, but that's literally interjump balance.

Also just want to point out-Karna solos two whole teams of Servants, including Gil, in Extella with his primary attack NP being nuke level

Reality Marble =/= Planet, dumbo.

Yes, that's a Reality Marble. Not a Planet. Much like the computer/phone you are currently typing on is not actually a duck.

>Much like the computer/phone you are currently typing on is not actually a duck.
Or is it?!

>t. Arturia

I've been outwitted by a truly devious opponent, it seems.

That's like saying a solar system-buster isn't a planet-buster. One is within the other and thus destroyed by the destruction of the greater whole.

No one expects duckphone!

We don't want nor need GT. Save it.

Why exactly do you think a Reality Marble being destroyed is equivalent to destroying an entire Planet?

It's either the planet express or the ship from GLTAS, which goes something like a billion light years a second, and may be able to cross the universe faster than the planet express. Unfortunately Futurama puts no measurements on top capacity. It's often referred to that they took a day trip to the edge of the universe, and from there assume the speed taken to do so in a few hours is an appropriate guess, but the GLTAS ship should be able to do the same trip faster.

This of course ignores ships that can teleport, travel through portals, or mess with time in some way to get there faster.

I think that comparing a realty marble to the world is more like comparing a bad phone to a high end computer. So in this metaphor Gil's Ea is like a virus that a phone has no defense against but a high end computer has software protection built in it.

Similar things but are in entirely different weight classes.

also I just wrote an explanation in Nasu speak, just kill me now.

You might not want or need it user, but you deserve it. Getting close to being done, items just got finished so it's just drawbacks and intro stuff left.

Thank you for all the hard work Val.

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

While that analogy is good for RMs vs World, the comparison here was RM vs a Planet. Two totally different things. It's like comparing a Anti Air Missile to an Aardvark. They're both things, sure, but there's really no comparison to be made because there's no real relevance between them.

Didn't Gaunlet do both somehow? I remember that being a thing.

Did you forget about the fact that Reality Marbles are constantly being suppressed by the world and take great effort to maintain? He temporarily disrupted an impermanent construct.

SOON

I don't want to jinx it but Wadanohara should be released this week. I just need a 100 CP item for the Red Sea and I've already done that ring Sal gives to Wadanohara as an item, plus fluffing and balancing everything.

Huh... yeah he did. archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49939492/#49941627
Following the full conversation it didn't really do anything for him besides get him fire magic and do a neat little gimmick bit.

Anons, what companions did you pick up in Dark Souls?

So if Quirks are born from biology like the X-Gene, how do you think the ones available in the current MHA jump are capable of Evolving, especially if exposed to something like Karma Chameleon from GUNNM?

Yo Val, how would Lovely Garden affect a freeform system like Firebending (assuming for a moment that it counted as "magic") where the practitioners don't exactly perform "spells"? Would it affect specific uses, the whole thing, or would it be inapplicable to such systems?

With Observer from Blazblue: when it says that you must be observing yourself at all times, does that mean you just need to have some sense of yourself at all times, or what?

All of them! Because I killed them and took their souls.

The World is just Gaia's Reality Marble. It's one big RM smushing the smaller ones. Sorta like bubbles.

Maybe the 100cp item could be the outfits of the Red Sea invaders, like Old, Sal, and Mikotsu? Or perhaps the little eye covering she had?

Um. I'd say it'd probably try and organise it into spells and work on specific uses? Like, fireball style techniques, flamethrower style stuff, lightning attacks. Wouldn't actually make them spells, just gather different sorts of uses under categories that it'd then work as normal on.

Basically the former. If you lose track of your sense of self is when you start being in danger.

Eh, they've got specific forms and katas and moves. I imagine that's close enough it can work with them.

So how do other jumpers deal with there being multiples of their waifu? Like for example if you really liked Arturia, grabbed her in Zero then went to Stay Night and did not take the continuity drawback would you grab her there again or just leave her be?

Nah, I'd leave that Saber be, at least romantically. I have my Arturia, I don't need another.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

So regarding the Bakugou discussion last thread...

He warped enough for the Metaverse App?

Dunno, the only multiples of my waifu I get is from her own ability to duplicate herself.

Doubt it. He's a jerk but he's not a monster or insane. He's a good person deep down, just needs time to mature from being a bully, which we've already seen get well underway.

Mmmmm his Shadow might show up in Mementos? Much sicker people than Bakugou have shown up their.

It's never come up. My waifu is a nice AI lady that I picked up in Space Station 13, completely OC. And admittedly, she does share a given name with a character in another jump. But she's so obviously different from SHODAN that there's no confusion. Same name, but different face, voice, and personality. She mostly goes by nicknames, too. So it hasn't been a problem.

Not enough for a Palace, but he'd probably show up in Mementos.

Please just talk to people

I love my version of the character. But I always feel at least a platonic affection for them so I always try to help them out in some way.

Nah, he's a low level jerk

>the Metaverse App?
What's that?

>implying Hibiki doesn't punch her way through problems

speaking of which...

Jumpers who have multiple versions of waifus, how do they get along with themselves?
I hope to have this problem if Touhou PC-98 ever comes out

This, what's with the thread always prefering mind control or physical violence on situations that can be easily solved through talking? are ya a bunch of autists?

At least she tried talking first, the fisting came later

Yes.

on whom is the soundgarden quirk in BNHA based on?

do you really have to ask

Look its part of the subtitle for one season!

The Metaverse Explorer App is from Persona 5. It's a phone app that lets you enter the Metaverse, also known as the Cognitive Realm, also known as Mementos. It's the current incarnation of the collective unconscious as of P5, it seems to change shape every couple of years in the Persona universe. It's a big maze resembling subway tunnels. Shadows form in there corresponding to peoples' various neuroses and emotional problems. Kill the Shadows, and while the hosts aren't freed of their problems they do gain the ability to move past them. Particularly fucked-up people create their own little demi-planes in the Metaverse, the Palaces, that spawn much stronger Shadows, draw in Shadows from outside to serve as guards, and require some sort of symbolic treasure representing what's wrong with them to be stolen before their problems can be addressed.

Surprisingly despite the subject of this threads this is not even the most autistic thread on Veeky Forums.

Its canon, so there's that I suppose.

The fact that you even have to ask genuinely saddens me.

Man, Biki looks badass in that logo.
I still haven't watched season 3, does she ever get her berserk form back? I like berserk forms.

If i remember right, the berserk form turns into a power-up mode for all the Symphogeah users.

>Havent watched Season 3
Oh its the rough season I'm just gonna put that out there, AXZ is less rough but yeah
Not really but kinda i guess?

With enough diplomacy, eloquence and charisma perks, talking may well be mind control.

This right here as well as appearance perks make even casual conversation effectively a supernatural mental influence. In my Jumper's case, she also has to avoid using any imperatives (Malfeas Charm: Crowned with Fury) or it will definitely be supernatural mental influence.

question self bump

If it could be easily solved with talking it'll be easier to solve it with violence and brainfucks

It's been 20 minutes man, you're going to need to be a lot more patient.

i know thanks, but if i'm not bringing it up again, the question will be lost in the thread (i mean it's not that important; just wanted to know)

Any form of interaction is basically manipulation.