Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Duncan is best waifu edition

>Death Guard faction focus: Strategems, Relics and Warlord Traits
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/death-guard-warlord-traits-stratagems-and-relicsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Top 5 Squig anime waifus
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Konor Campaign
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

victoriaminiatures.com/products/rough-rider-arms-x5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>meme squiq link I put in OP days ago is still there

Have you painted or assembled anything neat lately user?

SARAH IS A CUTE
A CUTE

It is important link.

> That smile though.

Guys did you seen new Typhus?

6th for the Black Heart

Stop posting the fake version!

Maddie looks like a female Duncan. Look at that smug.

Sarah is definitely ute as fuck. she looks like the sort who cuddles with a cat in front of the fireplace with a blanket on a cold rainy winter night reading a book set in a noblebright setting.

And I'm maltese and she's irish so we can bond over our deep innate love of potatoes.

What do you guys think is the maximum size of game you can play on a 4x4 board? Because the local GW only seems to have those, and since I have about 1700 of dudes to fight with I normally play 1.5k games or thereabouts, but everyone else seems to go for 2k or 2.5k. Maybe it's just the fact that they tend to use Primarchs and Knights and other elite units a lot, but 2.5k points of Admech would start really restricting movement and you have to queue to get around terrain to shooting locations unless you play on a salt flats board.

Should I just get something big and stompy? I suppose I could fit a decent Battalion and a Knight in at that level, or possibly a Marauder or Baneblade variant. How do those stack up to each other?

That picture screams insecurity

6x4 is the recommended size for 2k iirc.

All the better.

>Nurgle Terminators and Deathshroud
Now we just need Grave Wardens.

Also, are those Stormtroopers in the foreground?

Not even a good joke, senpai

inb4 white knight tho

He was shown close up in another video a few weeks ago

Yeah, should be an easy lay

you do better

plus i low key think its one of those girls that keep posting that pic

Knights die too fucking quick

She's for painting minis and holding hands. Nothing more.

>WD says AdMech codex is 104 pages
There had better be a fuckload of lore to pad that out considering AdMech only have ~17 units. Even with the Knights that's maybe another 5 units unless the Questoris Mechanium introduces some entirely new knights.

But why not pipe after a hard day of painting and holding hands?

Maybe we're getting actual tanks that aren't boxes on legs.

r8 my version

>TSons Predator can take following options
>Twinlinked Soulreapper sponsons: Heavy 8 S5 -3 D1 30pts
>Quad Soulreapper Battery: Heavy 16 S5 -3 D1 60pts

Y/N?

You need to label her as laura.

Is that Lion El'Jonson in his youth?

I suspect it's mostly painting cutouts, though, since unlike Marines and Chaos Marines and different coloured Marines we actually have more than one or two types of infantry and vehicle to vary up
I'd be hella happy with lore though, and that my might mean we're picking up a new unit or two.

Well, we know no new models, but we might have some split entries and maybe a generic Archmagos or something.

There's a rumor that says there will be another walker tank but most people seem to be saying no new models because WD didn't mention any.

Tyranid codex FUCKING WHEN

November

No because then I'd need to buy 2.

>playing nids
LOL

Why not just give it a souped up main gun? Like a Twin Heavy Soulreaper Battery or a Soulreaper Punisher Cannon.

For some reason I want Mechanicus only Leman Russ Variants, like

>Leman Russ Incinerator
Same as the 30k one
>Leman Russ Fulminator
Lightning Cannon
>Leman Russ Irradiator
Rad-Cannon
>Leman Russ Executioner
The same as the Guard one, but fielded in mass amounts because Mechanicum

B but i like my boxes on legs

>not playing the objectively best and coolest race

Also, the Leman Russ Arachnos needs to finally make it's tabletop debut.

>nidfags actually believe this

He wasn't. In video was DG terminator(probably Deathshroud)

It's Tempestus Scions, yes.

I want to pet that kitten.

_Alexis_ is cute

Trip report: my first game of 40k 8th

My list:

Dominus, Eradication Ray/Serpenta

10 Rangers, Omnispex, 3 Arquebus
3 Plasma Destroyers

2 Kastelans, Fists/Flamers
Neutron Dunecrawler

Datasmith
Eversor in support detachment

Opponent's List:

Typhus
Nurgle Fart Arm Sorcerer

2x 7 Plague Marines, 2 Plasma + Power Fist
20 Poxwalkers

Bloat Drone

-

The game started OK, my Dunecrawler put a few wounds on the drone, my Arquebuses killed a Plague Marine and the Kataphrons another.

Nurgle T1 saw Typhus get an 11 to Smite a Kastellan, blowing it up with 6 wounds, and then Perils himself for 3 wounds trying to cast some other power. The surviving robot tanked plasma fire and reflected two wounds back onto plague marines.

Turn 2 I popped the Eversor, and killed a few Poxwalkers. The assassin killed half a squad of plague boys and the Arquebuses reduced Typhus to 1 wound.

Then it all went wrong. I couldn't finish any.units off, Typhus killed my Eversor (who didn't even explode), my Onager missed every shot, my Kastelan was bogged down by zombies but managed to kill the Bloat Drone, and a squad of Plague Marines managed to charge my Destroyers and kill them.

At the end of the game my opponent had two units of 2 marines, 6 Poxwalkers, Typhus on 1 wound and his sorcerer on 3 wounds left. I had my Onager on 2 Wounds, 1 Kataphron, and my Rangers undamaged.

Game was fun, if I'd used the Eversor better and focused fire more I'd probably have won.

The last things I painted; waiting on some more Inceptors to come in and need to assemble the Librarian and Contemptor.

MOSTLY though I need to knuckle down and decide whether to take the extra step and paint them as Destroyers and order the custom transfers for their shoulder pads, or to make them an OC Chapter in which case I need to loot through my current transfer boxes and other bits and pieces to see what would be a good insignia. Also a name.

I just put the picture where the horse picture was before, senpai.

Lame Hornets

Alright motherfuckers.
I'm gonna start Space Marines. I'm gonna do Astral Knights

This is the list I want to play. Tell me, Veeky Forums, what chapter tactics would work best for me?

Battalion Detatchement:

HQ:
Captain on Bike (Stormshield and Teeth of Terra Relic) I think I'll use one of those Stormcastfag animals for him to ride on as a "counts as bike", probably that griffin looking one

Librarian (Force Stave)
Troops:
Sniper Squad (5 Sniper rifles and Camo Cloaks)

Elites:
Tartaros Terminator Squad (Power Sword, Grenade Harness and Plasma Blaster Seargent, 4 Power Fists, 1 Reaper Autocannon and Stormbolters)

Tartaros Terminator Squad (Power Sword, Grenade Harness and Plasma Blaster Seargent, 4 Power Fists, 1 Reaper Autocannon and Stormbolters)

Dreadnought (Twin Lascannon, Dreadnought Fist and Stormbolter)

Dreadnought (Twin Lascannon, Dreadnought Fist and Stormbolter)
Heavy Support:
Devastator Squad (Power Sword Seargent, 4 Heavy Bolters)

Devastator Squad (Power Sword Seargent, 4 Plasma Cannons)

Centurion Devastator Squad (Lascannons and Hurricane Bolters)

Exactly 2000 points. Devastators set up on objectives, the scouts can be deployed for screening. The dreads hang back with lascannons as counterchargers, and the terminators either hang back and shoot as well (against melee armies) or can deepstrike in to constest 'n shit. Librarian because Librarians are cool. Bike Captain stas with the devs for rerolls, but can redeploy quickly thanks to the power of SPEEEEEED. That way, he can RIP and TEAR with his chainsword whenever he feels like it.

Now, what Chapter Tactics should I use?

If you're sitting back and being shooty, go for Raven Guard tactics. If you're facing cover campers, go Imperial Fists.

The fact that you've blanked out the entire list is hilariously appropriate.

be nice user

FUCKKKKKKKKKING SPOILERS WTF WHY DOES IT SPOILER EVERYTHING WHEN I PUT THE BRACKETS IN FRONT AND BEHIND FUCK THIS FUCK Veeky Forums'S SHITTY INTERFACE FUCK YOU REEEEEEEE

Bland Hornets?

Guess I have no choice, then.
Quick Question:
Am I correct to assume that, even if I use Ravenguard Chapter Tactics, I am unable to use their Warlord trait and Relic because my chapter is actually "Astral Knights"?

Ctrl+s newfag.

If you want to use their Warlord Trait and Relic then you "Astral Knights" can just be "Raven Guard" in disguise

What? No, you can use their Trait and Relic. There are, for example, tons of Imperial Fists players using Ultramarine rules because they hate the IF's rules.

There's no real reason to replace with anything other than one of the chapters in the codex. Then you just paint them as whatever chapter you want and call them that chapter while making use of your chosen keyword's shit.

Cool. I don't really care about the relic, but that "no overwatch allowed" warlord Trait seemed pretty neat.
>mfw in disguise

I want to use pic-related with these arms to act as rough riders.
victoriaminiatures.com/products/rough-rider-arms-x5
Are there any obvious problems with this, besides the cost?

>Why not just give it a souped up main gun? Like a Twin Heavy Soulreaper Battery or a Soulreaper Punisher Cannon.

Idk how to do that without making it broken.

Do you want to play in GW stores? If someone notices the arms are non-GW, you might be told to fuck off. But then again, who'd notice that?

Squig with a gun is best waifu.

The official rule is at least 50% of the model must be GW made. So the arms would be fine.

I'm friends with the manager and I'm not going to advertise that I got those arms from a third party.
Surely it won't be noticeable?

2.5k on a 4x4 board is utter insanity. The only way that would even work is if both sides are playing super-elite armies, but even then...

I'm imagining 2.5k of Guard on a 4x4 and keking. I had enough trouble fitting 1k on one when we rolled opposite corners deployment.

Are there any cool space marine chapters that don't have a hard on for the Emperor or the Imperium as a whole?

I would just go Chaos but I don't want to buy old models now only for Chaos Primaris to come out in a year or so.

>being this new

Define 'hard-on'. Do you mean they don't hold allegiance to the Imperium? Then yes, but they don't tend to last very long at all, since they don't have any reliable supply train and they're hunted down relentlessly. There wouldn't be any Primaris seperatists either, since they're all fresh out of the indoctrination booths.

Assuming all the living Primarchs make a comeback, what will Lorgar's gimmick be? Free and better demons? Morale shenanigans? Psyker stuff?

Why are so many necron units complete crap now?

Flayed ones are so expensive that they lose virtually every trade I've run them against.
Monoliths do nothing, and all warriors are good for is soaking up damage.
How are you even supposed to play this shit?
It feels like 7e orks. (orks fucking rape necrons now btw)

>ADB'S BLESSING: Lorgar wins every game, even the ones he isn't in, because Chaos won ten thousand years ago

So, I know Forge World has Gabriel Angelos up for Blood Ravens, downloaded his rules. Do they have their own chapter tactics? I have FW's Index thing for Space Marines, but I can't find anything in there. Not even for FW's main chapters, like the Space Sharks or Red Scorpions.

When I say hard on I guess I mean by chapters that are still in allegiance but aren't too keen on it, like reluctantly fighting for them I suppose.

Renegade chapters are cool but like you said, they probably wouldn't have Primaris and wouldn't last more than a week out of the safety of the Imperium.

choose your own tactic, they dont have one

Why is this gross creeper snap shot posted every thread. Jesus it gives the rest of us a bad name

>Tear in the Rift: Unholy chanting and sheer devotion allows daemons to be summoned within 3 inches of Lorgar, even if Lorgar is within 9 inches of an enemy model.

There are plenty of shades of allegiance to the Imperium. You can easily have Chapters who think that, for instance, the Church are a bunch of loons or the Inquisition should stop killing everyone who's even heard of daemons on principle. Just be aware that if they're loud about their disapproval they'll make enemies; Look up the Celestial Lions, for instance.

Fanon Mary Sue Chapters don't get chapter tactics user.

>like reluctantly fighting for them I suppose
No.

There are plenty that don't much care for the various ruling powers of the Imperium like the High Lords or the Inquisition or even most other Chapters, but they're all more or less loyal to the Emperor or Imperium at the end of the day. Otherwise they go renegade.

While most renegades don't last long, some do; generally only because they eventually side with Chaos but not always.

I think they may have stopped the gestapo act with that rule.

>clearly see a model is a GW base model
>but not 100% GW model
>"Thanks for buying our products, but get out of our store and don't come back."

That would lose so much business.

>monoliths do nothing
>they just let your army jump around the map and are ridiculously durable
>with great weapons

Maybe you need to re-read your codex and check some batreps for help.

so whats the dull pain guilliman apprently is feeling deep inside ? is it the warp part of himself thanks to eldar wizadry

The closest you're going to get is maybe the Dark Angels and their successors. They're so focussed with guarding their secret, in order to protect their honor, that the very hint of one of the Fallen being nearby is enough to have them abandoning other Imperial forces in order to hunt that ONE GUY.

Well, that sucks.

You're mistaken, my friend. I'm talking about the Blood Ravens, not the Ultramarines.

I did breacher conversions with 3rd party jump packs to make non-alien vespid squads

my lgs manager said he doesnt care about it because he knows i bought the breachers at the store but managers will just fire him if he allows any 3rd party in

It's because he was stabbed by Fulgrim with magidaggers. It literally damaged his soul, and even Cawl hasn't figured out an ointment for that.

>Well, that sucks.

why does it suck? you get to choose any chapter tactic you want

Well that's a shame. Might just have to do some more reading to see If i can find a flavour of marines I like then. Any recommendations for other cool chapters then?

>playing at a GW
Not even once

My Primaris are Alpha Legion. I built a bunch of Mk IV marines and did them Alpha Legion as well. All in 30k colors.

My Bobby G is wearing his helmet. He's Alpharius.

Knowing he will never be human.
Must suck knowing he will always be inferior

What's your definition of 'cool'? The Wolves are about as un-Imperial as you can get while still being loyal, the Blood Angels are Space Vampire Pretty Boys, the White Scars are Mongol bikers, the Carcharodons are albino shark-themed bezerkers...

72 pages of ms paint colour schemes.

Iron Hands maybe? they have more of a hard on for the ad mech., and still butthurt over losing their primarch.

Honestly, you can put whatever fluff behind your army you want, not like it changes how you run your table top army.

I could paint my primaris marines as Legion of the damned, as long as you can tell what's what, who gives a flying fuck.

I didn't see it like that. Okay, it doesn't suck.

20 mins walk/5 mins drive as opposed to an hour drive to the nearest non GW LGS

its a decent store because the manager is good and its a tiny shop, plus almost all the players there have pitched in and we rent out a penthouse for matches with proper terrain and gamemats

Finished my tonk army to what I believe is table top standard, now I'm mustard for a game

You should ask to talk to the store manager then and have the receipt on hand, and ask why they're willing to break business relations to a customer who has already purchased the kit, did some personalizing of "Your Dudes" that takes no money from their parent company, but will lose a customer over something so petty and cost them further business.

And then ask them if you used jump pack marines as proxied vespids, why that is fair because their GW models, but you could buy them second hand a buck a piece and they get no money from new sales.

If they give you a shit answer, stop going there. Don't feel bad cause there's nice people, fuck the major corp.

Fair enough friendo. Im pretty lucky, my flgs thats a 5 minute drive from me has ~18 tables in a 5000 or so sq ft space and dont give a fuck about conversions