Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Bargaining with dragons: When was the last time you had a dragon encounter that wasn't combat based? How did it go?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/54532971/#54534083
archive.4plebs.org/tg/
i.imgur.com/KxrpTMr.gifv
youtube.com/watch?v=SxPO6nwQvxY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>pathfinder thread WITHOUT an anime image OP
Impressive.

Ablative barrier spell stacks with an armor?

Back linking

I'm not really familiar with magus too much, so what's the benefit of ranged spellstrike over a ranged attack and a separate spell?

We were sent by our employer to check out a dragon cult. We entered a town covered in ash, with nothing but a tower remaining in this area of ruins. We knocked and I, the stunning, brave, charismatic gnome talked our way in. Or so I thought, they attempted to sacrifice us to the dragon, honestly we should of seen it coming. The dragon himself, was unconcerned with the whole ordeal and just told us to fight, whoever lost would be consumed. I waddled my happy ass over and while my team fought these terrifying cultists I rp'd why he should join us. So while my team had a combat-encounter I had a encounter of my own, talking to this scaled beast. At the end of their encounter I was told to finally roll diplo. My dm is a fetishist toward nat 1s and 20s, so even on skill checks he allows them to be of influence. My words were quick and my 20s were hot.

I made a dragon friend.

We were told to kill or or recruit it. That gnome was the greatest recruiter you've ever seen

>Vigilante||anything
>Pick two of: Occultist, Magus, and Investigator
>Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer is my preference||UMonk

Off the top of my head

I know, maybe they got sick of people calling then weeboos, then again the damage mught be done

Also, I read a few months ago there was a combo between ablative barrier and another spell, but I completely forgot, does anyone know of this?

>Bargaining with dragons: When was the last time you had a dragon encounter that wasn't combat based? How did it go?
Screw that. Scenery thread.

So, as a normal magus you can turn any melee attack-requiring spell into a spellstrike, meaning it stops being a touch attack and you deal the spell damage through a melee attack (sort of like channeling the touch attack through a sword instead of your hand)

Ranged spellstrike is the same, except with ranged spells. So instead of Shocking Grasp, you'll be using Snowball or Mudball or similar.

Ranged spellstrike has the additional benefit of being able to be combined with the Reach Spell metamagic to convert touch spells to close range, which lets you use it with ranged spellstrike.

Bonus is that if you cast a spell with multiple attacks (Scorching rays), you can make an additional attack for each of your normal iteratives or if you're doing a rapid shot, and turn each of those into the spellstrike as well.

The best part of the archetype comes from when you combine it with firearms (which are against touch anyways), or gain Distant Spellstrike arcana, which lets you boost close range spells to match your weapon's range increment.

Keep in mind when you spellstrike, you deal weapon damage ON TOP on spell damage (though i assume you know this)

Gotcha, thanks!
That makes a lot more sense.
So if I ranged spellstrike and rapid shot with, say, Acid Splash, it's adding a free 1d3 as extra damage on top of the arrow's damage?

Yep, but only for one arrow, and that attack must be made at the same range as the spell (unless you have Distant Spellstrike)

For the arrow that you're spellstriking with, yes.

The main downside to ranged spellstriking is that unlike with melee if you miss your attack with the shot that's holding the spell you basically lose the spell as well. Not so much of a big deal with acid splash since it's a cantrip but a good thing to keep in mind with other, more powerful spells.

I think you misunderstand, I mean the gestalt class would be like equipment, like a braclet of "level 3 harbinger" that gives you the first 3 gestalt levels of harbinger while you have it equipped and turns you into the harbinger you're mantling

Right, right.
So it would be in effect for the first shot of rapid shot, not the second?
I just want to make sure I understand it completely.

Probably warpriest. Could make good use of any extra class slapped on

Well, in reality you can only combine spellstrike and rapid shot when you use Ranged Spell Combat.

Spell combat is basically two-weapon fighting, except your offhand is a single spell being cast (and only one), and it's a full-round action.

Rapid-shot can be stacked with spell-combat to shoot an extra time afterwards.

So the total result will be one normal shot, one spellstrike shot, and the 3rd shot from rapidshot, of which all attacks are made at a -4 penalty (due to TWF and Rapid shot)

You implied no PoW, so I went with no PoW, and you also didn't specify how it worked.

That said, I will stand by Occultist if you think you'll be grabbing something like Harbinger or (Vigilante/Bushi) Stalker. It's stupid versatile.

Perfect, this is exactly what I needed.
Taking the weapon focus for longbow wouldn't be a bad idea, then. Helps mitigate that -4 a bit.

And also Point blank shot, so taking that extra 5 feet closer nets another +1 to attack, pushing the penalty to -2.

I just want to marry a pure-hearted metallic and have many cute little babies together over the long timeline of our campaign, is that too much to ask?

Yes. Yes it is.

depends what you mean by a metallic

Too bad, you get a Chromatic instead. Now go pillage that village like a good girl.

So how much you wanna bet that Varisian and Shoanti girls have womb tattoos?

We beat down his champion, humiliated his high priest, scattered his cult, and then ran like hell; because a vampire dragon is miles above our paygrade.

When you apply grapple damage, and you have constriction, is the constriction a separate attack, or is it added to your grapple damage?

Constrict happens whenever you confirm your grapple.

Does this mean /pfg/ calmed down about lewdpo-
I guess not.

Two PCs got tricked by a succubus sorceress and teleported into a dungeon below the dungeon they were in. Encountered a well that lead to a pocket dimension where a nightmare dragon was trapped. One of them, a fey illusionist, agreed to let the dragon possess their quasi-real shadow clone cohort in return for help escaping the dungeon. The dragon gives advice in the form of nightmarish visions of the worst things that have happened in a place and prevents useful rest due to nightmares, which sort of don't matter as much to the shadow copy. Another week until it can release the host without being dragged back to the pocket reality.

A Silver, of course!

But why? They're all jerks and assholes. Besides, I'm a dude!

Why would they have womb tattoos? That's retarded, especially for Varisians who are all about how the public perceives them.

LIKE.
A.
GOOD.
GIRL.

So you can't Gestalt two Prestige classes...but can you Evangelist 2 classes?

They are VERY FERTILE and marrying them will result in a LARGE, HEALTHY FAMILY.
Clearly it's wholesome.

So here is me thinking as a level 4 wizard.

>Human
>Old
>Level 4 stat bonus
>+2 Int Headband

This levels out of +7 int.

>point buy to 17
>get 24 int
>spent feats on spell focus/improved spell focus
>looking at a DC of about 21

Is this good enough to make my debuffs and save or suck spells stick?

All good girls have womb tattoos, it's only right and proper.

>They are VERY FERTILE and marrying them will result in a LARGE, HEALTHY FAMILY.

How does a womb tattoo signify this, and wouldn't you be committing an unwholesome act by gazing upon her womb tattoo before marriage?

But for the purposes of DR, are they separate damage rolls?

Pretty sure they're separate, if you mean in relation to the option you have to Harm when you've got someone in a grapple.

Yeah, that. Alright, thanks dude.

>I.Drive posting lewd spells in Starstone

Can't wait for him to abuse them.

Where?

>Not recognizing the obvious bamboozle and ignoring it as such

>People only hating I.Drive after he pumped and dumped a campaign
>Or jumping on the lets hate his game bandwagon
Filthy secondaries. I bet you didn't even hate a single one of his RotJR characters.

Amalthea was a treasure.

>Amalthea
>An I.Drive character

that's a pretty dank meme you got there bruh
Bellenka was a dank meme

>BEING THIS SECONDARY

>Hating the original LN OD/ZS dick-delivery system
>Hating the bimbo-adin

IDrive's apps were prophetic, they predicted the worst of /pfg/'s trends before the first game even started.

I just want to hate DHB in peace.

>worst of /pfg/'s trends
>hurr durr why do you hate that user
geee

Bumpo?

Would you allow someone with Fast healing 6+ to survive being stabbed in the heart?

Are there any Feats which allows 2 saves on mental effects?

Look at the type of the bonus granted by ablative barrier.

The one time I had a non-combat encounter with a dragon it raped my character and forced him to marry her.

Played as one of their kids in the follow-up campaign. That was pretty fun.

You don't get to stack the AC bonus from the spell with armor since they're the same type (armor bonus), but all other benefits of the spell still apply.

As for the combo, were you thinking about this:
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/54532971/#54534083

Improved Iron Will allows two two throws for will once a day.

I was asking because in paizoblog people said you could

Don't ever go to paizo to ask for advice, explanation, correction or whatever, not even the devs know how their game works much less paizodrones who only fellate themselves over how perfect their game is

Quickly! Name all the ways you can think of to make an ooze-themed character!

A... bed?

Alchemist with the flu, pic related

LET ME SNOOZE, RUSE OOZE

>tfw no ruse ooze to snooze on

I did as a sapient jellyfish colony.

>wake up
>Betrothed still halves the damage of your weapon if you use channel/rounds
>you're still better off with both of you using Aether Command on the other if you wanted to hit things

this is my favorite meme

What WERE all of his characters, anyway, and what were the things to hate about them?

>What WERE all of his characters, anyway
Fuck if I'm about to list them all out in detail, if you want to search for autistic reasons to hate someone do it yourself
>and what were the things to hate about them?
Nothing of particular note, unless "7 Int/Wis Paladin" or "is a catfolk" is enough to trigger your hateboner.
desu aside from the paladin, I kinda liked most of them.

>hating on a 7int/wis Paladin
I for one like bimbo paladins

You actually liked Gloriana?

Despite the popular belief of /pfg/, not liking something is not the same as hating it.

An albino druid who has lived in caves communing with blindsight creatures and protecting the mushroom forests for his whole life. Summons/wildshapes into oozes instead of woodland creatures.

Well, how about the standout ones, then?

You didn't?

Again, if you want to fish for things to hate, do it yourself instead of asking to be spoonfed

Look, I know it was for the rise of the jade regent thing, but that lfg listing isn't open anymore so I can't actually just go there, and Veeky Forums archives don't go back that far surely?

They go back plenty far, user:
archive.4plebs.org/tg/

>Veeky Forums archives don't go back that far surely?
>he doesn't know how to use archives
>he can't find people's first posts
>he can't find "the lists"
>he's not still in the waiting room

>Trash newfag thinks RotJR is where I.Drive's story begins
>Doesn't remember when he was a household name in the Veeky Forums ERP community

I made a homebrew race for them... People don't really like it cause it's kind of underwhelming.

Why does idrive trigger you so much you need to constantly name drop him in threads?

Did he rape you?

PoW Discipline Errata when?

My friend was telling me that the Demon Binder archetype for Summoner was nerfed a little while ago. Something about only being able to summon one demon at a time. What did it use to be before?

>Being an ERP fag, even ironically
This explains so much. No wonder your father left you.

Let me snooze, ruse ooze.

The waiting room just gives me not authorized.

How do I build this in pathfinder:
i.imgur.com/KxrpTMr.gifv

For Starters, Either Cold Resistance, or Endure elements....

Flying Blade or Bladed Scarf build.

Oh absolutely, hell you could probably just not be Old and you'll still be fine. DC 20 is enough to stop most low-level monsters in their tracks, seeing as their saves would be +10 at the absolute best; and that's if you're targeting something with huge CON or DEX with a feat spent on making the save better.

works on my machine

I think you need to have been in the game to have access to the waiting room.

That's not snow, it's sand. That's at burning man or some other hippie festival

youtube.com/watch?v=SxPO6nwQvxY

That is known as a meteor hammer (or a rope dart), and you can find stats for both on the pfsrd. Meteor hammer works for reach builds, rope dart works for thrown weapon builds. Go nuts.

>That's not snow, it's sand.
Actually it's Targaryen...

Why do you guys still play this shit twinkie?

Because it means we don't have to play with (you)