Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1726: Jumper School Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p0MVyzTAmpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VpqIcf3cIAU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Let the weasly family in on scholarship to promote diversity of thought.

They may be shitty wizards but they have imagination, and tbats what we like to see at my school!

Plus he would make a lot more there than at the ministry.

Did GT ever explain why, if every random rock had people who could fight on par with Buu, Frieza was able to build such a large empire?

They went all over the galaxy, most folks werent even kid goku level.

Nope.

For Hell Jumper Creator can you just continuously make similar creations and keep fusing them?

>most folks werent even kid goku level.
that's still pretty powerful

>GT is some bullshit joke jump setting

youtube.com/watch?v=p0MVyzTAmpQ

School Days jump when?

Nope, each fusion is a single thing.

>muggles with nanobot regen, jetpacks, and superstrength exoskeletons show up to play quidditch

>explain that this is traditional muggle quidditch gear and in no way magical

>laugh as they shrug off bludgers

>seekers HUD has the snitch highlighted and tracked the entire time

This could be fun.

I disagree on the blade. It's still rather impressive, despite not giving you free perfect defenses. Just ignore how terrible the mass combat system is at representing things.

If anything, the Hellstrider's probably the weakest of the others, unless you mean Tanith.

As for the mirror... yes. I've already planned to shift it down to 200cp, replaced with a new item. It seemed more useful when I wrote the thing.

Ah thats too bad, then again it would just be too easy.

in therms of powerlevels:
db

>dbGT

I think we have generic slice of life jump for that sort of thing.

What's the difference between dbz and dbZ?

I hated the MC of that show so fucking much when I first saw it. If we get that one, I'm killing him during the first train scene

Um, isn't AF GT fanfiction in which the first villain makes Omega Shenron look like fodder?

oh, forget that. I wrote db Z twice

AF is basically a continuation of GT.

I....don't quite get the difference between dbz and dbZ. And I don't know anything about AF either. But otherwise that seems right.

seei messed up

No, nobody gets above ss3 to my knowledge. Except aral.

>AF is basically a continuation of GT.
>no ssj4.
Really?

user, what? AF is the one that gave us SSJ5. Are you sure you're not thinking of Multiverse.

Ah. I see.

Not that user but see Although, that makes me wonder, where would you put the DB stuff that doesn't have a jump yet (Xenoverse, Fusions, Dokkan Battle, etc)?

I must be.

Tanith is awesome, you might want to do a better job of expressing what exactly the sword does then. It sounds like a duplicate of the Sword of the Yozi but you say it's not, which makes it seem a lot less impressive.

The Sword of the Yozi does have the speed boost, and also some ridiculously insane stats. Frankly the PD is just a relatively minor side benefit since Ligier should be able to use PD charms and so can Green Sun Princes.

They run the whole range, honestly. Heroes probably trends towards the upper ends though, with all the new shit it introduces. Xenoverse goes from the low end to the highest end. Dunno about Dokkan Battle.

Only with one of the items is a nice boat.

>all the new shit it introduces.
Best Broly.

bottled lightning + overhaul

zap! desintegrated
zap! reassembled

best quirk marriage?

Thanks for ruining jumpchain.

He's pretty great.

You're welcome piglet.

let your shadowclones fuse with other people/shadowclones :^)

Today class we will be studying how to get free infinite energy through higgs particles, behind me is the newest guest viewer from our rival school across the way, Hogwarts, Please say hello to Miss Minerva Mcgonagall.

>Hello Miss Mcgonagall!

Good, now everyone put on your UV protective glasses and lets start by ripping reality a new one!

When visiting a setting, do you try to blend in and slum it up, or go full Yankee in King Arthur's Court?
Power-grabbing douchebags who wank themselves off to thoughts of suplexing gods need not answer.

>Not Graffiti+Invisibility for touch-based invisibility

>Not Hypertrophy+Bone Spear to pierce the heavens

>Not Queen Bee+Popcorn
youtube.com/watch?v=VpqIcf3cIAU

>Yankee in King Arthur's Court?
I hate that idiocy so much.

Moreso the first.

Invisibilty + soundgarden for turning everything around you invisible.

>this level of badwrongfun
>when GT just came out
Kek.

The two I landed on were one called Stop Hitting Yourself for me which was Absorb & Release + Rage and one for my companion which was Black Cat + Dark Shadow which I haven't thought of a name for yet.

Mine didn't actually combine all that much but the two work nicely together as it's pretty much hitting people with their own punches and then them getting migraines/real life lag when they get annoyed about it.

Ramona's is a cat made out of shadow that scampers around causing things to break, people's trousers to fall down and general bad luck and misery to anyone she's fighting. If she gets angry/upset the cat turns into a monstrous tiger which she can then wear like how the bird guy does. It requires darkness to get the most out of it but Dark Shadow alone is pretty ridiculous when the lights are off.

Collectively we're really, really annoying to fight which only makes the Rage stuff worse and it's kind of a vicious circle from there.

the user in the last thread, who posted his build suggested using "THE POWER IS JUMPER'S" from marvel magic, so you can permanently keep the powerboost of your fusion even after the fusion has ended. Then you're free to fuse with the next guy.
Might rob the people you fuse with of the powerboost or all their power permanently though...i'm not sure

I wonder what minervas reaction would be. She seems like one of ther nicer teavchers.

>Slups on Chocolate/Mint/Strawberry Cheesecake Milkshake

What jump do you want and why are you not making it?

Pretty sure the Sword of the Yozi doesn't boost speed at all, it's just got really good stats? (To be fair, part of that is it being wielded by Ligier)

Which the Vassal's Blade also has. It just swaps the benefit of calling it to hand at will and the free perfect defense every few minutes, for an increase to your speed. Mainly to bring it down a bit from straight N/A artifact to just really good 5-dot.

I personally think the PD is a pretty big side benefit? But yeah, Ligier and Infernals can just use those themselves.

My current chain doesn't bother with changing the world, but he also doesn't hide that he's from elsewhere. He does his best to keep the power level not overwhelming for the world, too. The goal is to make the world weirder and more fun, to challenge preconceptions in a lot of ways, but not to break things for normies or take away the right of people to choose their own path. It's a hard balance.

I want Crash Bandicoot, Wadanohara, Darth Bane, and Dark Empire, and I'm not making them because they're already claimed. I also want a Wizard of Oz jump, but I'm not sure if I could do it justice.

Oh so many. Because I'm already making oh so many.

I generally go by layers. The general public would only knows that new techs are being discovered, revolutionary trends emerge and events seem to go favorably for specific agendas. The better informed would conclude that a single conspiracy is behind these events. Only the select few would realize that the person who's been palling around with the heroes is masterminding the entire thing.

My Companions are exempt from this rule and can do whatever the fuck they want, as long as their overt actions can't be linked to me.

Ar Nosurge, and Annette has the claim to that. Plus I don't think I can do the setting justice.

>Not Queen Bee+Popcorn
heh, that's pretty good

queen bee is actually pretty powerfull
queen bee+invisibility+anti quirk drug

have a swarm of invisible bees flying around shutting down quirks

What an interesting coincidence. Sounds interesting regardless, though. Self-inserts are really interesting when you think about how they could be an actual thing.

The story was actually inspired by people going "dimension jumpers aren't canon and they don't fit so people who are dimension hoppers are mary sues by default" and I was like "okay, I'll just make a crossover setting where they ARE canon"

queen bee + black hole

create a swarm of black holes or a swarm of bees that inject black holes.....
...i don't think that's a good idea

Crash Bandicoot, Wadanohara, a lot of RPG Maker horror games, Boogerman. The first two are taken already, and I'm too big of a pussy to actually play anything like The Witch's House or Ao Oni. Shit, even Yume Nikki is 2spooky4me, and that's not a proper horror game. As for Boogerman... I'm just too lazy to actually play the game again.

>Mainly to bring it down a bit from straight N/A artifact to just really good 5-dot.
Why is that important? I mean even if it's rated N/A it isn't like you are offering Perfect's ridiculous staff.

Some quirk combos can come out as hilariously catastrophic and ill-advised. It's a quirk of the system that I find pretty funny.

some user suggested a while ago

>soundgarden + meatball
>shape/mold flesh with song.

that's some eldritch horror shit

Homing+Queen Bee=Bee-Bee Gun

I'm still working on Watchmen. I have a project for a possible next Jump (NWC's Heroes of Might and Magic), then maybe His Dark Materials.

Otherwise, I want the Wizard of Oz, Foundation, Conan the Barbarian, the Addams Family, the Elric Cycle, etc... But I don't think I could do them.

So that it's in line with the other items?

First three sound awesome desu

Meatball is plenty horrifying by itself, Soundgarden just adds that extra dash.

Interestingly, the guy who has it in canon is a dick, but is still trying to become a hero.

I think I was in that thread and made a suggestion for the Quirk name.

user, I love you.

For some reason I thought you were going to say something about Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs as the result of that combo and thought it would be weird.

Then I thought of the kind of stuff Jumpers could bring to life with the machine from that. Jumpers, what would you use that machine on?

Soundgarden+Blackhole = Song of Annihilation? I am going to need to take a much closer look at the quirk system in this. I clearly did not pay enough attention on my first readthrough.

Are there any good perks that help with being tortured? I am going to be jumping Camorragh soon and I want to be prepared.

I am making it. I'm just really lazy. And even when I'm actually trying, I'm still slow as fuck.

The sight it's kinda crude, but it didn't seemed to leave behind any kind of psychological damage, It's a pretty good Quirk to reduce violent people, and seems that it would also be helpful in disaster relief, allowing for easier extraction or using giant hands to support structures.

If he wasn't a dick wanting to show off that much, he would have passed the first part. And he could have probably won the second round boss on his own.

Go to The Room, Johnny Test, Girl-chan, and/or Foodfight.

If you survive, nothing they can do to you will even tickle.

Samurai Pizza Cats, Digimon Adventure, Whatever the fuck weird universe Janelle Monae's songs take place in, Lilo and Stitch, Risk of Rain, Digger, TMNT, We Are The Strange, Don't Rest Your Head, Unknown Armies, Golarion, Paranatural, Monster Pulse, and usually whatever else I'm reading at the moment.

I don't make them because I've tried making jumps before and they're pretty mediocre.

Untorturable from Muppets Treasure Island. It's only 200 CP and quite strong.

Muppet Treasure Island has a perk that makes you untorturable and also hilarious to torture.

How do you think Warp Gate + Absorb and Release or Warp Gate + Black Hole would turn out? For the first one I guess you could absorb energy by placing portals in the way of attacks, but I'm not sure how exactly you would store it. In some kind of portal dimension maybe? For the second one, do you think that it would let you create portals to black holes or to teleport black holes? I'm really not sure about the mechanics here.

>Whatever the fuck weird universe Janelle Monae's songs take place in
Oh yes.

Belgariad, and because I cant do it justice and I would never live down the shame of fucking it up.

Teen titans go, because Im waiting on KOTOR to get the OK first before I commit to making perks. Even if a perk to pull music from thw bones of your enemies sounds awesome.

I'm reminded of when, a bunch of threads ago, someone built a power based around turning people into plushies, and someone was so horrified by it that they insisted no one with that quirk could be a hero, to which people responded with pretty much those exact justifications.

I can't think of enough drawbacks or perks for Utena and the only way a Utena jump would work was if it was a gauntlet.

I believe the new dungeon keeper ami jump has both perks to torture and to be tortured.

Still surprised we don't have Lilo and Stitch.

>the only way a Utena jump would work was if it was a gauntlet
Why?

>Paranatural
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
No but seriously I wouldn't mind a paranatural jump.

Just... Just wait until the end of the series. You won't have to do much.

If it was made now, the author would have to be prepared for constant updates as more info is revealed.

>A Toggle perk and a perk from another jump to see ghosts would make you extremely powerful in-setting

I think Soundgarden + Disintegration would be more like a Song of Annihilation, but I bet that combo would produce something weird and lethal anyways (can't visualize how it would manifest).

>I clearly did not pay enough attention on my first readthrough
Hah, I tried my best to make an open system for mixing and matching, so I'm glad some people are returning to it with a fresh set of eyes.

I may make a Space Dandy jump. Though I do have to re-watch the series.

Would using some sort of cloning perk, perhaps the one from teen titans, and then letting the people from naruto seal the clone away be good enough to avoid getting sealed for the purposes of the drawback/scenario?

Morning, /jc/! How are every-

...5'9 isn't that short, right?

Right?!
I haven't had anything important or worthwhile to post, so I've mostly been lurking on user and waiting for jumps. I'm also waiting on continuing Nameless' chain until the upcoming jumps/jump updates are done.

Speak of, there seems to be talk of uncapping things like Spiral Power and whatnot? I'd have to talk to Wukong and Mardukth before doing anything of the sort for Exalted if that becomes a thing, though, and I don't know how to get in touch with either. Aside from the J-Liner in NH Part 7 and Hyper Clock Up (still fucking hate time travel reeeeee), and the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, I don't think there's anything else I'd have to look over in terms of jumps? Remind me if I do.

Speak of, minor DBZ update later today.

>less than a week has happened in universe
Why did you have to become such a fucking hack Zack?

Blend in for the most part, unless I actually want to change the world its easier just to make a small part of the world my home/a better place.

That also helps against all those armies and assassins that would be sent after me if I go full conqueror of the world especially since I tend to go from low to high power jumps.

For Warp Gate + Absorb & Release, I think that's pretty much how I think it would work too. Considering Warp Gate originates from your body, I guess you would be the storage location like default.

For Warp Gate + Black Hole, I think there are a variety of ways to see it manifesting. Personally I think it would be something like causing black holes to appear at the exact coordinates you have in mind, a precision strike kind of thing like how War Gate is precision portal opening.

I would think it more inline with some of the 400 CP perks and Tanith than with most of the other origin capstone items but it doesn't seem unreasonable for a 400 CP option in Infernals.

honestly though some of the items are not all that impressive compared to the perks of similar price in the jump. Sure a lot of them would be treasures to an early infernal but they don't scale especially well like the perks do. The perks will stay useful pretty much all the way but some of the items are likely to be replaced by things we find in setting or make ourselves during the jump.

I mean really for 400 CP you can get either a 5 dot artifact or the crafting skills to make your own such artifacts. Most of the items get by on being cool rather than being useful.

>...5'9 isn't that short, right?
According to Veeky Forums, yes. According to people without body dysmorphia, no.

I see you're not denying the "chubby" part.

>...5'9 isn't that short, right?
When will they learn

It's short enough that I can call you a manlet, but tall enough that I could gently grab you by the chin to kiss you without having to pull your head off your shoulders.

>DBZ
Super quick, the Guardian's healing perk, restoring lost limbs yes/no? Is the answer "train?"

'Cause I had the idea of taking it with Jumper 01 and that Infinite Energy item. Doubled cost for self-healing isn't a big deal when you have endless stamina, so you'd be insanely hard to take down.

Open small shop