Forces you to use his dice tower

>forces you to use his dice tower

Other urls found in this thread:

thingiverse.com/thing:2511974
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As long as it's a cool one and not one of the shitty $6 ones made of cardboard that's fine

Who are you quoting?

If you're on Veeky Forums long enough, it becomes difficult to introduce an idea without greentext, because greentext allows you to use a fragmented phrase instead of setting up a proper statement.

'Your DM forces you to use his dice tower' sounds strange, like a command or a statement of fact even if it's untrue.

>forces you to use his dice tower

Sounds incomplete and in need of a response.

>invites response

I hadn't thought of it that way before.
That's kind of neat.

I assumed it was just a permutation of

>blocks your path

I just made one, my first.
I used cedar wood, and then burned a few Nordic runes into it, then stained it a hickory color.
It's very pretty, but a bit bulky. I'll do the next one different. It was fun to make.

My first ever wood burning.

>Forces you to roll with a bingo cage
You've gone too far, Ethel

Only because you haven't gone far enough, my love.

Time to bring the smallest dice I can find.

OH GOD NO NOT THAT, ANYTHING BUT THAT.

A thread died for this sin.

okay, no problem with that

can you get the fuck out of here newfag

>butted mail

pleb

pls never get angry at an ebin joke again

> D20
Do people really cheat at PnP? Aside from 13 year olds, anyway?

In all these years I never understood the purpose of dragging such a huge box around with you when almost everything else also works to keep dice contained when rolling.

I can understand that if theres a table that they dont want to damage

Who the fuck buys a table that can't stand a dice roll on top of it?

Actual newfag here, not getting the reference

Glass tables have been known to explode after about a hundred-thousand dice rolls.

Be careful.

I doubt that picture was a result of dice rolling.

>he doesn't huck metal dice at his glass table to prove a point

Do not tread down this path

>1993: Garry Hoy, a 38-year-old lawyer in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, fell to his death on 9 July 1993 after he threw himself against a window on the 24th floor of the Toronto-Dominion Centre in an attempt to prove to a group of visitors that the glass was "unbreakable", a demonstration he had done many times before. The glass did not break, but popped out of the window frame, and Hoy fell to his death.

Then you're rolling wrong.

Our group requires a 2 glass table top minimum to be destroyed each session.

Are you even trying?

>The glass did not break, but popped out of the window frame
"Told you soooo" is not too bad of the last words.

>He doesn't have a number of themed dice towers to incorporate into his terrain

If you're not on Veeky Forums long enough, it's difficult to create a topic by articulating a subject or idea with complete sentences. Please learn to greentext properly before you confuse newfags like you yourself were confused.

That tower virtually ensures that the die will land cocked.

Lets be honest, a dice tower isn't really something you build in order to create a useful product. Dice towers get made when someone has a tiny bit of practical knowledge and literally nothing else to do with it.

There's 3 reasons to have a dice tower.

The first reason is that you might be playing in some cramped and cluttered space where its awkward to roll dice.

The second reason is that you're playing with someone with some kind of physical problem where its either impossible or painful for them to roll dice.

The third and most likely reason, is that you're playing with some total sperglord who can't be trusted to roll a single die because he does that shit where he takes ages to "roll" the dice by trying to drop the die on the table so that it may land perfectly to get the number he wants, or he hurls it hard like a complete spastic.

>this space is too cramped and cluttered
>better add in a completely unnecessary 1ft tower
Makes sense.

gotta make use of the vertical space instead of the horizontal space

>muh dice tower
>not using a leather cup like every normal person does
Yeah, okay, nah, we're done here.

Gotta admire someone's dedication, at least. It probably took a good long while to make that thing. The absolute least necessary gaming accessory, made of the least practical material.
I'm constantly being surprised by how many new ways people can disappoint me.

>using a cup
>not shaking them in your hands with a ritualistic kiss before you roll

Dice towers are actually really handy and sped up our 40k games.

You sound like a bitter friendless chode t b h f a m

>kissing dice
>not blowing on them for luck

For one, gross.
Two what's your secret to have enough loads for the whole damn session?

You need a good DM

> be me, read thread
> find innocent newfag
> hecomplains about green-text
> mfw he doesn't get it

It's not a reference, it's a way of communicating across the chans that originated on Veeky Forums with advent of green-text stories. It's written in a somewhat abstract third-person perspective, like my above example.

I own a table with a glass pane on top of it. I wouldn't worry about plastic dice on it, though I might be concerned about a metal die.

And if you have metallic dice, those can scratch both glass and wood. You pretty much don't want to roll them on anything nice.

Why do people who have only been here for 2-4 years act like they're oldfags?

Actually the >
for quotes began on Usenet to quote people and respond to them.

Everyone else is too old to fag

Pulls out baseball sized d20. Ah, too bad it won't fit it the tower.

I use a dice tower because if my cats hear a d20 hit the floor I'm never getting it back. Rolling dice around on the floor must feel like sexual orgasm for them, and d20s areperfect for swatting around.

What the fuck

"Who are you quoting" has been a meme for ages, he wasn't being literal, christ.

>leather cup
>normal person

Leather cup? Like a codpiece? I keep my junk in it, but I guess it would work for dice too.

>Shadowrunners buy metal dice

Oh my God! How did you guess? Did being on Veeky Forums give it away

>blowing on them
>not blowing your load onto them for sticky rolls

Meme, yes, but an annoying one

I... I just like playing with Lego

>Two what's your secret to have enough loads for the whole damn session?
Hydration and that guide from /d/.

The one that tells you to cram down more food supplements than average Veeky Forumsizen?

It's a dice tower

sounds cool, have a picture?

that would be fun to roll constante arrow attacks from a wall, like if it was some kind of gantling gun.

>Not shoving the dice in your anus and sharting them out onto That Guy

most of my friends are retarded and when they roll, dices fall from the table. I dont want to buy a tower, but maybe i can make something that can hold their dices.

>dices
Sounds like you fit right in with your retarded friends.

That wouldn't happend with my catan table

Some want a fair and consistent method of generating random numbers.

This one stores flat, stores dice, and can be set up quickly, so there is no huge box (at least not compared to the huge collections of dice people carry).

yeah, I forgot how plural works in your language, sorry aspie

Do you Catan?

You don't understand, there's 20 numbered balls in there

I do this too, user - blends in with the rest of my ruined city terrain, stops dice from hiding in buildings, threatening to knock do units etc. Is also tall enough to hide my Stompa behind.

If you click the number of someone's post you reply to them, new friend

I used to use a drawer from a side table.

The practicality of that is gorgeous.

So he's being ironic? Sounds gay

Is the implication that someone can predictably throw dice? Therefore I need a tower?

Should be impossible to predict even if you drop it "exactly the same" each time from the "exactly the same" height. Cough

I can roll a die in a fairly normal looking manner in such a way that I can have a pretty decent influence on what the roll is. I can't force a particular roll, but I can easily exclude a good third or so of the possibilities for most dice.

So yes, players can cheat if they have control over their dice.

fugg, where can I buy this?
Yea, that makes sense. It's probably one of the less obvious methods of cheating. Dice towers are a sort of functional parallel to cutting a deck, to remove or at least minimize the risk of your interference
>cutting a deck is not the same thing since cutting alters the result after it's been shuffled but before it's known
>you can still cheat with a cut deck

>blowing your load onto them
>not jamming D20's underneath your eyelids and bashing your head into the tabletop while screaming

I assumed the main purpose was to curtail dice scattering about and knocking into game pieces or falling off tables, like rolling them into a box but fancier.

It was printed out, filled, sanded, stained, and uses magnets in part.

thingiverse.com/thing:2511974

>I was only pretending to be retarded

It eliminates the suspicion that Jimmy "the dice" Duescarpe may influence his rolls, but also dice don't get caught up on tablecloths, be set askew on miniature mats, and don't knock pieces off their spots, or worry about that spastic guy throwing your dice on the floor.

Honestly I'd get the tower just I don't get all the insane variations that smash together around one table.

Oh, it seems smart to drop your dice one by one instead of rolling multiple dice across the table, until you're playing fucking Shadowrun.

If you're playing "fucking Shadowrun", you need to go to with the other ERPers.
If you're just drowning in six-siders, you can upacale the tower as needed.

>Shadowrun
>Not warhammer fantasy with a swarm army
Yes.
I will now proceed to roll 50d6.

It keeps it open-ended too, I think. "Your GM" implies a set a of assumptions. Phrasing it as greentext means it can be the GM you've had for years, or some guy you found on Roll20, or a totally hypothetical person.
But it also enables a lot of really shitty hate threads, since you're not going to think as hard about how far out of their way someone would have to go to find the bottom of the barrel idiot who
>Bans core races because they're """boring"""

That's weird. My girlfriend painted my tavern keeper Bones figurine that exact same set of colors just a couple days ago. I didn't think it was normal to give him such a bright orange shirt. The only difference is she gave him a couple possibly bloody dirt prints on his apron.

This seems like the most relevant thread to say this.
My gf gave me a dice tower she bought from a talented friend. It's wooden and has my initials burnt into it. I don't have to use a dice boot because I'm not a dice-chucking chimpanzee. Do I use it for her sake or should I be honest?