Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

This Edition

>Death Guard faction focus: Strategems, Relics and Warlord Traits
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/death-guard-warlord-traits-stratagems-and-relicsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

regimental-standard.com/2017/09/06/victory-declared-on-macragge-from-the-archives/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for the Drukhari!

With this, and assuming a points rebalancing, does the Dark Imperium Lord of Contagion become viable as anything beyond a Typhus proxy?

First for krumpin' da panzees dat cut in front o' da rest of us!

First for this thread losing out even though it's better edition.

We'll be back one of these days.

What kind of defeatist attitude is that citizen?

Don't make me report you to the nearest authorities for a proper attitude adjustment!

Make it the better thread.

Administered via authorized Attitude Adjustment Tool*

*power maul

>Can't even link right

>doesn't even use the proper format for the link to new thread
JUST HOW NEW ARE YOU?!

Fuck of and die.

whoops
now heres the new thread
consolidate for reals this time

So not that I'm complaining that the campaign's extended so I can get to play it twice, but is Loebos 10 days when every other week was just, well, a week?

>4Ok

Fuck off and die.

Because who wins it, gets the campaign win. What's wrong with you? Can't you visit the site?

To give Chaos as much time as possible to win.

>implying I'm not already aware of that bullshit reason
You'd think they'd at least have it last for a week AFTER the Death Guard codex came out so Death Guard players could make an actual difference on the campaign.

>To give Chaos as much time as possible to win.
Well Chaos has done a rather impressive job failing at it so far.

I mean, we're already less than 12 hours from what would be the normal end of the campaign, and Chaos is still losing.

Inb4 "They win on points because they still have control of the engines!"

Come on, Amerifags, pull your shit together.

>Come on, Amerifags, pull your shit together.

NEVER

LoC isn't that good with that, I would say give that to a Noxious blightbringer or a malignant blight caster or even a TALLYMAN or even the blight grenadier that has appeared in white dwarf

>Come on, Amerifags, pull your shit together.
>Chaos is barely holding onto the US as it is
If they pulled that shit, the outrage would be extreme, especially since these campaigns are impacting the plotline now (supposedly).]

I honestly want Chaos to get curbstomped here so GW shuts up about them for awhile. They've kind of left the rest of the factions hanging in limbo here (see: the entire Octarius War has been going on for 112 years now, and with Hive Fleet Leviathan essentially gone, it's probably time to wrap that mess up.)

I'll be absolutely livid if they declare the Tyranids the winners of the entire Octarius war just because the bugs got their codex first. That'd be bullshit of the highest order.

Any tips for a competitive world eater army?

Heu guys, does any of you happen to have a link to download the v8 codexes handy? I've been looking for them but only found the indexes so far

I miss the Armageddon campaign...

I don't understand why just because it's Nurgle trying to invade Ultramar, they can't have something like a bunch of orks just roll in out of nowhere and win the whole thing.

>HUURR DURRR I THINK THIS CAMPAIGN WILL CHANGE THE SETTINGS NATURE AS IMPERIUM VS CHAOS

If anything it will double down on it. The Konor campaign is suppose to be the advertisement for Ultramar round 2 and the Death Guard codex release. Looking at the BL Dark Imperium narrative novels on the release schedule, they all heavily feature Chaos.

Even the Devastation of Baal novel says that Chaos is the far greater threat in the Tyranids and it coming for Baal as the Tyranids nom it. We need to teach Xenosfags a lesson. WE need them to job some more. I am gonna email GW right now.

>I honestly want Chaos to get curbstomped here so GW shuts up about them for awhile.
user, I'm terribly sorry, but GW's narrative for the past decade has been 'Chaos vs. Imps, with Chaos victory a foregone conclusion.' They're not pulling back from that now even if it kills them.

Nurgle's gift is the most broke ability in this game

I would kill for an Omnicopeia campaign, since the Skitarii and Admech Divisio have been invading Hell's Teeth for it or part of it against unspecified xenos for the entire timeskip, and they won't let any Marines anywhere near because this is an honour war for the STC. You could have it against Tyranids for flesh vs. steel, or Dark Eldar, and when the Admech eventually recover it and stash it in a vault somewhere it won't break the setting other than maybe introducing some cool enhanced beepboops or something. It would just be a glorious war of billions dead for war's sake, and no "heavy losses" on either side because the Admech can rebuild and most of the Xenos don't care.
No bullshit stakes or Primarch wank, just straight up Rule of Cool battles over loot.

The Ultramarine have defeated the Arch Arsonists Waaagh! just before the events of Rise of Primarch started up. You think Orks would magically reappear after the Ultramarine whopped their asses?

Only factions that logically should invade Ultramar are the T'au and Sautekh Necrons who have axes to grind with the Imperium but that won't happen because xenos especially the Necrons are written shittly. Personally, I blame the xenos players. They enable this crap.

Why the fuck do we never manage to get a decent fucking thread?

It's 100 years later and nothing changed. Time to face the facts. The Admech lost. The Omnicopeia wasn't even on the planet just clues to its whereabouts

B-but we need to sell big models, user! Big, hideously overdesigned models!

Our teams have worked day and night to carve tiny details on every individual angstrom of this Space Marine's armour! Buy 20 now!

There's a power vaccum and enemies proven capable of a good fight.

It's the MOST likely time for Orks to pile in.

Do better.

>All the Orks are gone
Orks LITERALLY grow on trees, user.

>Hating GW for trying to make money

Fucking commie piece of shit. GW is on the upturn because they know what they are doing. They know that bending over for people who play niche armies will only hurt the profits. And it's your faults because you refuse to vote with your wallets.

I am willing to bet that you have a marine army. If you do, then you are part of the problem that you're bitching about.

They're good at night when the kids are asleep

I'm a long-time critic of GW's 'Every individual atom must have meaningless shit etched into it!' design philosophy. Deal with it.

>You think Orks would magically reappear after the Ultramarine whopped their asses?
Actually, YES.

I believe there's an old saying in the Guard: "If you see one Ork standing out in the open, don't shoot him. All his buddies are probably waiting around the corner." I'm paraphrasing, but the point is: the smurfs beat the Arch Arsonist's Waaaagh!!! 112 years ago. So what? A) it's been 112 years. The Ork population in the Arch-Arsonist's domain has regrown (and probably double if we're being honest about things), and B) They're the biggest race in the galaxy by sheer population numbers. It doesn't even need to be Ghazzy, it'll be probably lots and lots of Freebootaz lookin' for a good scrap.

>Personally, I blame the xenos players. They enable this crap.
Yes, because 'muh Chaos vs muh Marines' all the time' is such a wonderful use of 40k's many factions in the universe. You want that sort of thing? Go play in 30k.

I heard somewhere that the DG fight the Tau fourth sphere, how did that go? Where can I read about it?

Literally nothing was mentioned about it in the new lore, so you could assume anything from crushing victory and a recovered STC database stored away, a defeat, nothing actually being there or a glorious bloody war that goes on to this day between eternal forge engines chewing up planets wholesale to advance heedless of losses and marauding alien monsters hidden from the sight of the wider Imperium, especially since the Admech don't exactly share their STC news bulletins. Bring out all those random Admech organizations scrapping among themselves for a piece of the action or the loot, electropriests haloed in the Motive Force smashing into ranks of howling abominations, etcetera. It could be metal as fuck, and nobody would give a damn who won afterwards and you could just rejoice in the carnage.

I know which is coolest.

They could always go back in time to just after Fall of Cadia and tell the actual story then, like they did with all the other campaigns.

looking at that picture it didnt go well for the Tau, especially with Mortarion being around, he might be one of the weaker primarchs but I dont think the Tau have built the Anti-Primarch Battlesuit yet

Imagine being a young Tau dude, being told your entire life to spread the greater good. Then you see this.
Must be terrifying.

Let me see, it's the literal new poster-boys of the bad guys versus a Xenos faction.

Yeah, I'm sure the Tau win.

>implying GW wants to bring up anything related to pre-Gathering Storm lore right now

Yeah I presume the DG fucked them up. I want to see Mortarion fighting a pack of great knarloc in some artwork, that would be cool.

Of course not, and they'd never do a proper campaign without it being centred on a Primarch and his Marines vs. another Primarch and his Marines at this point.
I was just outlining a scenario I thought would be cool and would have a good reason to completely leave out boring marinewank.

No. Why? Because the STC being recovered would have been a game changer. No, they have lost.

GW need to stop making every campaign INCREDIBLY PIVOTAL. It gives the game away immediately. Now if the STC had contained the plans for the God Emperor's Holy Sprocket Wrench, it might have conceivably gone either way.

I call him a commie and he goes on another tangent. Hey, prick, vote with your wallet. If you have a single marine model in your collection then you are criminally involved in the direction of the setting.

Maybe you should deal with GWs bullshit instead of crying like a bitch for a long time, idiot

I literally just explained that they would have shoved it in a vault and carefully analysed it for taint for fucking ages like they normally do unless the Archmagos in charge happens to be really suicidal. That was the whole point, it was just a convenient mcguffin to stage a fight around and then maybe result in one or two neat fluff mentions later on.
I personally agree with , you could use any other random STC for my idea and it would be the same, I just thought I'd jump on a current one that was already set up.

So what's the best way to equip a SM captain in a gunline army?

I haven't bought a single model whose direction I disagree with. I swear to God. Happy now, cuntbags? Am I intellectually pure enough to be in your presence?

Keep him cheap, leaves more points for gunsss

What does that even have anything to do with you being a whiny faggot?

Powersword/combi-plasma

>If you don't like it then don't buy it
>I don't buy it
>W-what d-does that have to do with anything

regimental-standard.com/2017/09/06/victory-declared-on-macragge-from-the-archives/

>Salutations, Guardsman! The so called “Tyrannic Menace” has been defeated once and for all on Macragge, thanks to the brave efforts of the Ultramarines. We’re sure that if Roboute Guilliman still walked, he would feel nothing but pride at the Imperium. Let our efforts here stand as a warning to our enemies never to assault Ultramar again!

Interesting to see Zoats get a mention.

in 30 years aniversary everything gets a mention.
Zoats, Squats, Genestealers who are not nids.

What does Veeky Forums think of Grotzookas?

Where did I tell you to not buy it? I told you to fucking deal with it instead of whining like a little faggot ass bitch. But go ahead and keep stuttering and crying. Only you're stupid enough to think others would imply you bought models then complained about the shit you bought. No fucking shit you wouldn't buy models you've been a long time critic of. We're telling you to shut the fuck up.

It was said said right here, you blind cunt:
>Hey, prick, vote with your wallet. If you have a single marine model in your collection then you are criminally involved in the direction of the setting.

If you're not him, then fuck off and shit up another thread. If you are him, then my God you're insanely stupid to even forget what you fucking said.

Not very good. Pick literally any other option.

>didn't deny owning a marine army

kek

Alpha legion zerkers

Jesus Christ, you ARE blind!
>I haven't bought a single model whose direction I disagree with. I swear to God. Happy now, cuntbags? Am I intellectually pure enough to be in your presence?

I think it would be better if it had some AP, even -1 would be good. Problem is stuff like Rokkit Launchas and Kannons never hit.

>lies through his teeth, expect us to believe him

Nobody accused you of anything the fact you got defensive when you were told that if you have marine models problem means you are part of the problems, means that indeed you have a marine army and you are the cancer.

You have no argument left so you fell back on 'I know you're lying' like you're fucking psychic. You lost. See you around, cuntbag.

No, I have one. Your defensive reaction is evidence enough.

You fucking quoted me AND him you stupid piece of shit

I play orks, tau, and necrons. Never bought a single marine model. I bought and used the morkanaut in 7th ed, with some great succeses and spectacular failures, I only own 1 riptide that I've never used under 1500 points, and never run a necron decurion or wraiths in 7th.

#NOTAPARTOFTHEPROBLEM

>plays tau
>bought a morkanaut instead of building his own

Tell me more about how you're not a part of the "GW keeps making retarded large models" problem, because that's even more endemic than marine spam. Even AoS is all about it.

I guess I'm guilty of liking having 1 large centerpiece model for my armies? Morkanaut for orks, riptide for tau, and monolith for crons.

None of which even come close to the over designed models that has everyones jimmys rustled recently.

And i like the way the naut looks, I already have plenty of looted/custom vehicles for my orks and didn't feel the need to do that one.

>I'll be absolutely livid if they declare the Tyranids the winners of the entire Octarius war just because the bugs got their codex first. That'd be bullshit of the highest order.
The Tyranids were always supposed to be the eventual winners of Octarius, though. The whole point of it was to buy the Imperium time to find a way to deal with them, the 4th ed Nid Codex always said it was eventually going to backfire if they didn't do something with that borrowed time because once the nids finished eating the Orks they were going to have a stupid ton of biomass and highly engineered monsters using Ork DNA.

Should be Not!-frag cannons.

They'll gave a lot of biomass true, but the warforms will be almost entirely adapted to anti Ork combat.
Hopefully leaving them vulnerable to imperial tactics and armaments.

For like one battle, lol. The Tyranids don't normally overextend their adaptations, they keep about a 70%/30% mix of "stuff good at killing previous encounters resistance/legacy stuff that performed poorly in previous encounter but might prove to be superior in the next one" according to Xenology.

What exactly makes this the better thread again?

If I remember rulebook's part about nids, they lost and Leviathan was destroyed. New HF (Hydra i belive) is trying to eat remains of destroyed hive fleets(Behemoth, Kraken, Leviathan).

Subject is spelled properly and not trying to poach posters with failed crosslinks.

Less than a hundred posts and it's already shitted up

Abandon thread you fucks

That was the Baal tendril. The last significant tendril of Leviathan is the one still wrecking Octarius.

So assuming no age of darkness, when would you say humanity reaches the approximate technological level of 40k?

Y 2500?

Why are Lootas the best Ork unit? If they shoot anything but 1 shots each they fucking wreck shit up and are the bane of necron vehicles. I'm starting to bring 2 squads of 12 (in trukks) to every 2000p game I play.

There's no simple answer for "technological level of 40k", it varies from place to place, organization to organization, and so on.

>232 posts
>~40 of them aren't memes, bait or replies to such.

AFAIK there's been no official lore about Fourth Sphere yet. Gonna have to wait till the Tau codex arrives.

I dunno where you read that. 4th sphere vanished, but it's disappearance is a mystery. Could be demons, could be time/warp shenanigans, could be separatists/chaos Tau. We don't know.

>literally losing North America to brimstone spam

This wasn't how it was supposed to end.

I lost his head, how should I rectify this situation? Suicide?

Buy the new Citadel Skulls box, replace head with skull.

Celebrate epic custom Lord of Contagion.

Tau will probably misunderstand the Heretic Astartes as being some terror elites deployed by whoever the human emperor king is supposed to be, while Farsight will eventually learn the truth.

If they got wiped out by fucking Mortarion of all people, then the Ethereals are going to cover that shit up.

>LoC isn't that good with that,

He's a more expensive, fundamentally worse Typhus without it.

Daemon prince is probably the best candidate