How your party deal with Medusa encounters?

How your party deal with Medusa encounters?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13879648
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mirrors

Stare at their tits

We won't need eyes where we are going.

Sleeping gas and a blindfold.

Grenades and a good sense of hearing.

It's nice being grenade dude.

Ignore eyes
Ogle tits

Depends. Is it a Medusa that causes paralysis if you look at it, or one that causes paralysis if it looks at you?

The former needs blind swordsmen or a heat-seeking missile (it's detecting, not 'looking'), and the later requires snipers, sneak-attacks, or a giant terror-triggering mongoose.

If it's a statistically average party, at least two people would look just because someone told them not to.

More importantly, is it a curse or was she always like that?
Normally I wouldn't try seducing the monster, but if she used to be human then it's worth a shot.

We recruit her into our army.

The gods are unjust. Time for a regime change.

I am already ROCK HARD

I had plans for my party to work with and help a Medusa once. She blinded herself (or so she told them) so that she couldn't curse anyone ever again. Reality was she could still use her full powers, she just wore a blindfold and used Mage Hand to feel her way around (she was a sorceress). Used a lot of Divination magic. She was kind of a tragic figure because unlike other Medusae, she didn't want to be like that, and didn't want to hurt people. She was just born different and was an outcast because of it. So she needed help finding her way through the world to seek a 'cure' for her condition. Medusae in that system have legs and look like normal women aside from the snake hair so it would have been pretty easy for her to wear a hooded cloak and move about naturally. She, like others of her kind was really attractive so that might have been troublesome, but other than that she was meant to be a divination font for the group while they did another quest, and help them with that, while using them as a platform for her own motives, which just so happened to be reasonably pure.

Game died the session before it got to her cave because a player moved and when that happens with this group, they usually opt to start a new game instead.

So, like, a medusa or the gorgon named Medusa?

Look at the tits.

knowing the idiots in the game I run, they'd sooner delve into hell to find a book teaching them some dumb ritual to become half-dragons, then go on another adventure just to pull it off, all so that they can get blindsight so that they can fight the damn thing with a blindfold on.

How likely is for any character to be aware of the whole "turned into stone" thing? Aren't like three in the entire world?

If you're playing in mythological Greece, then yes. You'd need a good Religion roll to have heard the story. In any other setting, it's probably an Arcana or Lore roll of some kind, with an increased difficulty depending on how rare they are.

Glad to see this is posted already

kung fu

>stare at tits/middle body
>swing sword a bit high
>???
>put head in bag
>go trick or treating
>profit

>not sexing the snekparts

don't think of anything

ez

> step through door
> it's a higher basilisk, roll for initiative
> save against PetPoly

Fuck you too, Durlag!
I want to replay BG with no memory of it

Like this.

>lasts for 1 turn
Doesn't it take 1 turn to consume, so it only works WHILE you're drinking it?

This is AD&D.
1 Turn = 10 Rounds
Each round is subdivided into 10 six second units.
A turn is 10 minutes.

>wanting to have snek bugs
>fangs & poison
Wew lad

Girls' love.
It's always girls' love.
Seriously considering nicknaming the party face Raidy.

>Normally I wouldn't try seducing the monster
You are not a man

Beat her savagely with her own statues while using echolocation to locate her. My character (alchemist) may not be blind, but an accident almost made her blind so she practiced just in case.
Alternatively, beat her with one of my own statues. They're already made of rock material.

>Game died the session before it got to her cave because a player moved and when that happens with this group, they usually opt to start a new game instead.

Exactly like your image suggests. No man is too gay for snek tits.

Remind me to edit this in reverse. Or get someone else to do it.

Darkness or some such vision barrier, both ways if possible. Followed by the Fighter with Blindfight. Have done it this way 4 times to a total of 6. Only killed 5, the other surrendered. After all, they aren't stupid.

Stick their heads between her thighs where they can't meet her eyes

That's amore

tell us more
glad to see i'm not the only one who played that hgame...

Step 1: Throw grenades
Step 2: Throw more grenades
Step 3: Throw more explosives
Step 4: Throw a chair
Step 5: shoot it
Step 6: HANDLE IT
Step 7: Repeat ad Nauseam until everything trying to kill you is dead

>1 million hours in MS Paint

I seriously opened the thread to see if this was posted.

>pls no bully

>How your party deal with Medusa encounters?
Erotically?

In seriousness though, fight in darkness to level the playing field. Magical darkness if possible, but smoke could work too. That's assuming you can't just kill her indirectly by caving shit in, or creating enough of a bonfire to choke her to death on smoke, etc.

That image you posted is heartbreaking and I hate it

others got this, but the

Standard stuff, black out the area with smoke or darkness to take her sight advantage. Use secondary targeting mechanics, sonar and blast area weapons.

Avoid thermal version as it may not work give partial reptile biology, but also seeing IR might still count as seeing.

Or just use reflector goggles or mini periscope, as both have only minor vision effects so it much easier then trying to look off a shield or hand mirror.

Wonder how this would work given my characters insane healing factor and variable density biology.

Become denser then stone, then get turned to stone? All while healing factor fights damaging effects of turning to stone?
I could see myself running around with just a slight weight penalty and a nice durability bonus. So I could still fight largely unaffected.

Now that we've settled on how you deal with them, can we have a Gorgon/Medusa thread? New ways to use them? New lore? Maybe ideas for a Medusa player race? Maybe instead of turning things to stone Half-Medusae can cause another status effect that's not so brutal or killy? Shaken? Fear? Something like that? Maybe a slow effect that's not quite stone, but makes it feel like it?

They have short, curly snakes as pubic hair, they can cover you in little snake smooches when you eat her out

That tactic has some downsides if you send anyone you can guarantee to stare at the tits.

They don't?
Medusae don't DO anything bad other than go to some out of the way region and grieve.

Until some adventurer comes along to kill them for their magic item head.

Which I don't need that badly.

>first response is a lewd one
Never change, Veeky Forums. Honestly? If they were poisonous? Sure, why not, because they'd make great assassins. Maybe flavor them Asian and have them be deadly Kunoichi who fuck people to death/get 'raped' on purpose so they can assassinate the target.

Ask her to join me,must be lonely for her to seclude herself in hidden areas because everyone thinks you're evil for no reason

seduce her and spend a happily ever after with snekfu

Medusa was one of three Gorgons.
Medusa was a Gorgon, not all Gorgons are Medusa. It's like referring to all humans as 'Obama' because one of us is named Obama.

However I don't expect the pond scum around here to know or care.

Her sister were immortal, and named Euryale and Stheno.

This thread was literally opened with a drawing of someone showing Medusa his cock and you're surprised it tends towards lewds.

Why are all ERPers degenerate sociopaths?

Medusa (historical) is one of the three Gorgons. Medusa (game monster) is a species. Gorgons are metal bulls that spit poison clouds in those games. They are different things. Of course, you knew that, but you just HAD to pretend to be retarded for (You)s. Well, I hate to break it to you, but while you're pretending to be retarded, you're retarded.

Since Medusa was highly distinct from the other Gorgons- being the only mortal and pretty one- Medusa has become shorthand for a specific type of Gorgon.

But I bet you knew that because you're so much better than all the pond scum on this board you hate but won't leave amirite

Actually, ERP requies you to not be a sociopath, because it requires social interaction.

That... doesn't preclude someone from being social. In fact, most sociopaths are very likable.

Look at all the wimpy, low CON fags in this thread, it's like you people don't even do your cardio. Go outside, takea jog, build your body, and you'll be able to fug the snek in the missionary position like a true man while maintaining eye contact the entire time.

But why's it so heavy on the rape stuff, is the point.

I like the 3 rounds/ slowed, restrained, stoned approach (( Colville )) pitches. Keeps it interesting, and allows several opportunities for the players to interact with the problem of turning to stone. I also like the idea that the Medusa can reverse this effect; I've been thinking that her snake hair might contain a venom with the Stone to Flesh effect.

>social interaction
>gangrape
confirmed for sociopath

Was Gygax retarded?

I know his source for MM was some obscure Swiss bestiary in which Gorgon is bull-lizard thing from Africa, but everyone learns about the myth of Perseus in highschool.

It is a common fetish among womankind.

Girls are wierd, creepy and gross.

Unlike boys.

Boys are rational and nice.

You should be gay.

>Boys are rational and nice.
I don't believe this for a second. I mean, I'm not rational, and I'm not especially nice.

duder wanted it edited in reverse, I obliged him

you have opened my eyes to the true path user, thank you.

It's just creative objectification. The woman becomes a sex object, which is obviously appealing from a sexual point of view, because the aspect of her a guy is interested in during his sex fantasies is the sex part. And from a female perspective, being the focus of lust can be pretty titillating too. Objectification strips all the superfluous (nonsexual) shit away, and plays into the dominant and submissive gender roles that are probably more than merely societal, but at least partly evolutionary. Obviously individuals are going to vary, and people should have the ability to define themselves however they want, but speaking in terms of general trends, that's pretty much the gender split you've got. Throw in the equivalent of cartoon violence, which is a fantasy situation that's exaggerated because there are no real world consequences and it heightens the drama, and you're all the way to the sort of thing we're talking about.

I think Gygax just wanted a greater variety of crazy shit. I find it unsettling too though.

Last time medusas came up I accidentally made one petrify itself. Party decapitated the other two.

>plays into the dominant and submissive... roles that are probably more than merely societal, but at least partly evolutionary.
I don't actually get the appeal of that stuff at all. Am I broken or something?

How do you have your gorgons / medusas work? Do you go with more of an active gaze sort of thing, or is it more about just seeing her face?

Vote: strawpoll.me/13879648

Depends exactly one what you mean. Dom/sub relationships cover a lot of ground, some of which is pretty vanilla and some of which is pretty fucking weird.

I mean... the core idea seems to be that there's something desirable about there being an imbalance of power or maybe of desire in a sexual relationship, but that kind of thing is more liable to make me uncomfortable than interested.

I mean, at its base level, it's just guys tending to be more aggressive and tending to take the lead on shit more. And think about the gender dynamics of dating. It's more typically the guy taking the girl out than the other way around. And there's typically more importance put on the girl looking sexy than the guy. So she's got more of a passive role compared the guy's active one.

But that's obviously a dramatic simplification of the complex and multifaceted interaction between people. Sometimes the roles aren't very overt, sometimes they are more about style than substance, and there are certainly plenty of cases where couples don't fall into the traditional roles at all. I don't think there's anything wrong with you if they don't do anything for you. Like anybody else, you've just got to find a person who's a good match for you.

I wonder if gorgons are more yin or yang in their behavior.

Snakes heavily implies yin

>How your party deal with Medusa encounters?
I think more interesting a question is how do you depict gorgon behavior and tactics? If they're lone creatures, that is obviously going to have a rather large impact on their lifestyles. What are their goals? Are they all hatred and bile due to their curse? Is it a curse? How clever are they in their defense? Do they just confidently rely on their petrification, or is there a bit more ingenuity involved? Do they make deals with other monsters? How do they get the necessities of life? Do animals that see them turn to stone? Does this make them vegetarians?

The implications of their curse / power are pretty dramatic and far-reaching.

WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS
USE FIRE

But dragons are yang, and they're basically magical serpents, and gorgons are magical beings with serpents... But we are dealing with a woman with snakes, so what you say does make sense.

Even split so far.

The "face" is a female Warrior with Appearance 10 who took the Charm advantage in Anima to back up her formidable combat skills.
She has seduced, in order of appearance:
>Two White Hawthorne(read: evil witch-type)Hamadryads who had been terrorizing a farm
>An Undine who had been ambushing fishing boats out of anger over overfishing
>A Blood Elemental(pic related) that somehow got loosed in a hospital
>A Spider Woman that had, until that time, been preying on a nearby adventurers' guild while disguised as a prostitute
>A Huldra who had just helped the party resolve some resentment between the Forest Spirits and the leader of Alberria
>Two assassins from the Selene order who had been sent on rumors that our punchbro had somehow learned their women-only martial art.
>An Angel, sent by... we don't know who... to reprimand her for her horndog ways.
>Most recently, a Demon Princess, sent to try to coerce her over to True Evil. Was only seduced because, and I quote, "who hasn't dreamed of banging an angel and a demon at the same time?"

The GM alternates between "how are you going to seduce a fricking [insert creature here]", and playing along out of sheer morbid curiosity because the lines dropped by Raidy's player are usually the sort of over-the-top these-should-be-cheesy-but-somehow-fit-the-situation lines that you'd expect from a chapter of Yurika's Campus Life or something.
Like the demoness. IIRC, Raidy said something like "Is lust all you ever think about? Don't you ever think of... love?", rolled really well on her Persuade(Seduction), and reduced the Demoness to a stammering, blushing mess.

Dex damage would work well for a more gradual, progressive petrification process. You get slower and clumsier as more and more of you turns to stone, until finally when your Dex hits 0 you're completely petrified.

By similar token, I once made a Gorgon player race option for Fantasy Craft with a gaze that entangled to represent temporary, partial petrification. Then there was a limited ability to turn weaker enemies to stone (which fits well in the system since there are a lot of options to allow reliably one-shooting mooks).

Woulda helped to include that Blood elemental pic.

The stupid thing is, the sort of thing he called a "Gorgon" actually has a name in the old bestiaries. It's a catoblepas.

>The stupid thing is, the sort of thing he called a "Gorgon" actually has a name in the old bestiaries. It's a catoblepas.
Yeah, but he's already got one of those.

hahaha, nice

Yeah sure, you go tell that to Tryone, Ali and Pajeet.

not the user who requested it, but thanks.

I'm the user that requested it. Thanks.

bully her

I'm exactly the same way.

I couldn't sit through something like that ERP, let alone be turned on by it. I don't think I'd want to run into the players again, either.

>defeat Medusa without killing her
>force her to wear armor that restricts her movement and covers her eyes unless someone else holds it open
>take her with you and use her as a weapon

No.

>A Spider Woman that had, until that time, been preying on a nearby adventurers' guild while disguised as a prostitute

Not really sure what she was expecting.gif

>>An Angel, sent by... we don't know who... to reprimand her for her horndog ways.
>"who hasn't dreamed of banging an angel and a demon at the same time?"

>mfw the angel stuck around