EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Jank Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Search for primers at your own risk.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: Now that we've had a little while with C17, what have been hits and misses for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
youtube.com/watch?v=vqalJabqJsA
discord.gg/qbZ7TW
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-09-17-wurms/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/trostani-and-her-clone-legion/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kess-duel-commander-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hits: not cats, misses cats except for legendary stoneforge cat

I love to suck cocks and play narset

>hating magnet hammer, exponential axes and pumpkin head catman

>Now that we've had a little while with C17, what have been hits and misses for you?

I dunno. In some ways Dragons kinda felt like a pile of dragon cards rather than a coherent dragon deck. It is a precon, after all, but still.

At the same time?

Are you a qt Asian girl?

Define girl

Good win cons for Avacyn boardwipes? Voltron seems like the best bet, but that's boring as shit.

I can be if that's what you like user.

shit should've specified the actual cats and not the equipment.

>Rei with tongue piercing
my sense of immersion broke way before my dick did

Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.

Thread question:
I've only gotten to look at my cards. Still waiting for people at the office to get their shit together with their EDH decks.
They're all new to the format, and I myself don't have a ton of experience, but you know what they say, gotta pop a few cherries.

I wish your dick would break me.

I'm asian and like a 5 at best is that good enough

youtube.com/watch?v=vqalJabqJsA
How would you feel to play against the Chad?

Now we're talking.

Post eyes or gtfo

Half my normal group is Chads, it's actually pretty nice. I go to the gym now, and have sex sometimes.

>Half my normal group is Chads
>have sex sometimes.
I wonder if those two facts are closely related or merely coincidental.

he seems pretty chill tho.

With the Chads, or...?

There are ways out of it.

What's ya'll's favorite new card from C17?

Some that can't even be countered.

discord.gg/qbZ7TW

Hello! I apologize if this thread is wrongfully placed here. However, I'd like to formally invite all of you to join my MTG Discord server. The server is not format or style specific, as well as not age restricted. Any members are welcome. I'm looking out for mods right now, so if you're interested in the role, DM me.

Have fun with it, hope you guys enjoy it.

discord.gg/qbZ7TW

No I wish though, one of them is so cute it hurts

Why aren't you running this card, user?

>tfw no qt muscle bf to play EDH with

I run it and Panflutes, so he gets to slither away twice per creature

Why would I be?

The exponential axe, it's a pretty cute thing.

It's Puresteel Paladin's crack

Panflute?

Panharmonicon, and it was a joke. He gets two triggers, but one fizzles.

>buy catdeck
>get no axe tokens

Oh, oops. I run that too, so every time he comes home he brings 8 life in my Trostani deck. Sometimes Rhox Faithmender makes it 16. Pretty cool.

Shit gets stupid fast with puresteel and Sigarda's Blessing or the magnet hammer out if you've got anyone with double strike.

>don't buy cat deck
>just buy axes

This was talked about a few threads ago, it sucks, but because the axes are Semi-Perfect Cell Copies, a token of one would just be an extra card which disappears when bounced.

Thanks Wizards

Post your trostani deck please.

Last EDH deck I made was Trostani, since I never played GW before in EDH.

Slightly outdated, I took out Rancor, Angelic Destiny, Lure, and a land for Sunbond, Panharmonicon, Aetherflux Reservoir, and Rhox Faithmender.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-09-17-wurms/

You end up with 16 axes the second combat if the doublestriker lives somehow, if the thing lives another turn you end with 64, point is the axe doesn't need much to go full retard if you let it.

>use to be at the game shop
>everyone 800 pounds don't shower
>i'm just a stupid kid so nowhere else to go
>think to my self fuck this
>finish highschool
>get job
>save up and buy a car
>start college
>met 3 guys that play comander before class
>no longer have to pay to play
>they are normal guys who work out and have lives
>meet girls
>be social
>no longer want to die

feels good man

Not him, but Trostani is fucking amazing with miscellaneous big tokens like from Phyrexian Processor, or X/X Slime Tokens. I managed a 45/45 phyrexian processor with anointed procession and parallell lives out, gaining 180 life then populating to gain another 180.
Then an opponent won with an infinite mana exsanguinate

Yeah, I've managed to get quite some crazy hp with Trostani, once I made 30,000 Serra Avatars and Rhox Faithmenders

>magnet hammer
What?

Hammer of Nazan

Lads, I'm pimping out my meren deck but I want a reliable wincon that isn't mike and trike. Any suggestions?

Jarad + Lord of Extinction

Oh shit nice
seems sweet

Got a chad in my campus playgroup who literally goes by Chad. Has like 6 scary decks. Great guy.

>Ask my GF if she wants to buy a c17 cat deck to play some 1v1 games against my c17 vampires - she is okay with that
>Tell my friend about this - he now wants to buy one too
>My gf talks with her ex-gf - suddenly we have a 4th player
>Now we are not only four mtg newbies playing the EDH but we also set up the very first EDH group in my area
That escalated quickly. They all were playing only very casual mtg until now - I was the only one taking part in prereleases etc so now I'm some kind of leader. My GF was actually spending some money on cards because we are playing pauper for fun but the other two never bought anything more than an intro pack and card sleeves. Hell, they didn't even buy the precons yet (just ordered them) but they are already trying to find a way to upgrade their decks. I'm really surprised but feels good

throwing vehicles probably isn't very good is it?

they didn't even receive the precons yet*

Sounds fun, though.

Good work, you picked the best precon of the set. Get ready to beat up your friend, your gf, and her ex and turn them all against you.

Most of my playgroups are fat weirdos but there are a couple of Qt boys. I wouldn't call them Chad's by any means, but they're handsome nerds.

I heard that cats are the best and dragons are also neat but they need a mana-base fix. I picked vamps because I like the BW life-play style desu

So rules question:

I cast dualcaster mage and target rite of replication. I make a token of dualcaster mage with Inalla's eminence trigger. That token gains haste. I then copy the hasted token with the copied rite of replication.

Do my Inalla token copies have haste?

30000? Even with Primal, Doubling, Parallell, and Anointed, that's like 2200ish tokens. Was it some infinite fuckery you just terminated at 30k, or was it specifically around that?

No, the copies doesn't copy the haste

The Cats precon is very good 1v1, but can't do as well in multiplayer. Conversely, Dragons can do well in multiplayer if it being multiplayer makes it so the game is slow enough for them to set up. Vampires do very well in both. Wizards has a lot of problems finding a wincon.

Altogether, Vampires are best positioned.

No nigga, shit only copies the vanilla card.

Well, I sure wasn't expecting wurm tribal.

I got a friend who always talks about making a wurm tribal deck, and has the cards ready, he's just waiting for a legendary wurm to have as his commander.

It was specifically around 30k, using Rhys the Redeemed with Thousand-Year Elixir and Illusionist's Bracers for 4 more activations, also casting a Sundering Growth on my Precursor Golem tokens

Because the token gains haste as a separate part of the ability, it doesn't become part of its copiable values. Compare Dack's Duplicate, which is worded in such a way that something copying it would also gain Haste and Dethrone.

Inalla can't copy the rite if replication tokens (because it has to be a non token wizard) so you'll only be able to give haste to the 1 that was created by inalla from the original cast of dualcaster. If you have a spell that gives your creatures haste until end of turn that would be a good winning combo though, just constantly copy rite if replication for infinite tokens with haste. I like it.

My Trostani deck is more traditional, but I did decide on a unique twist to it. The deck focuses on making token copies of non-token creatures, using cards like Mimic Vat and Seance to get the ball rolling.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/trostani-and-her-clone-legion/

Pic related is my super secret tech card. I was really on the fence when adding it to my deck, but it quickly results in my opponents not being able to play creatures anymore to avoid me copying them, and when a player only has one or two really good creatures in play, it goes completely crazy. Also good with politics (Let me copy your Acidic Slime and I'll kill X)

I'm thinking maybe Anger if you can get it in your graveyard and have a mountain out.

Oh I thought Magnet Hammer was the name of a card that I missed

I kind of want to build up one of the Cats but I can't decide which. Mirri looks fun for fucking with people, but Nazahn does too

Thank you for the clarification.

>Iconic Masters offers players a tour through some of the most powerful cards in over 20 years of Magic history. Featuring new artwork on many cards, the set brings an array of massive Angels, Sphinxes, Demons, Dragons, and Hydras alongside some of our favorite and most memorable spells.
>Hydras

Wurms are officially dead.

"Masters" sets are officially dead, a set about iconic cards and they decide on unplayable jank tribes.

it dosent matter cause now you have infinite dual caster mages and you win

I make new rat

Unless someone boardwipes before your next turn. I don't know your meta but in mine everyone seems to have at least 45 boardwipes in their deck. It's unusual for anyone to get more than a handful of creatures into the field before someone boardwipes.

After I saw Kess, Dissident Mage, I knew I had to make my first duel commander deck.

Now, I know almost nothing about duel commander, so I basically just threw every single low cost value card I could find in my collection into a pile and called it a day.

Currently said pile is around 130 cards (Already removed over 100 cards), and I need help removing more, or any suggestions for cards I may have missed that I should be running.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kess-duel-commander-1/

Edgar is amazing. My only issue is deciding which vampires to cut for things like removal, boardwipes, draw, or reanimation.

>Angels
>we'll never get a reprint of Radiant, Archangel because hurr durr reserved list

>unplayable jank tribes.
All those tribes are extremely playable in EDH which, if you noticed, is what this general thread is for.

Ah yes, I'm really looking forward to opening iconic $0.25 rare sphinxes and hydra's in my $10.00 MSRP boosters so I can put them in my EDH decks!

This whole thing with vehicles is you get a lower cmc in return for meeting the crew condition

My playgroup in college was myself and 4 other guys in fraternities. Was pretty fucking great, I got to be nerdy with cool people and go to parties.

Worldforger
aetherflux
walkers+jokalhaups
catman+wheel
bloodmoon
sunforger storm loop
orims chant+ isochron+ paradox engine
getting good

>Ah yes, I'm really looking forward to opening iconic $0.25 rare sphinxes and hydra's in my $10.00 MSRP boosters so I can put them in my EDH decks!
>buying and opening boosters

Talk about missing the point.

The reason these master sets are even remotely interesting is to reprint expensive eternal staples to reduce their price.

If the rare slots are filled with "iconic" jank cards like Shivan Dragon and Akroma, that's not going to happen.

Consulate Dreadnought makes a fun toss and Bosh can crew it himself - so then swing and you'll never miss one way or another.

Is Magmasaur/Fungusaur good enough for a Gisath deck?

So what's the best way to run Gishath? Go Tall then go wide?
Or just go full flavortown stuff like triassic egg and fosil find?

Enrage enabler and Enrage creature seems okayish.
It's cool when dropped with Gishath.

How do I make this perfect?

>i already have but I want to see ideas

>WOTC cares about selling you jank for $10.00 a pack

holy shit get a clue

Multiple combat steps and mass haste.

Attack repeatedly and grow your charging dino army

why not put it on scepter?

If they actually want to sell any packs, adding good cards might be an idea.

Your right.
>been dealing with more artifact removal then creature hate in playgroup
Thanks

I mean, probably should be packin' em both.

They will, of course, but just few enough to where people will stop chasing in a month or two

is there an enchantment that lets my creatures fight my opponents' creatures? i'm building dino tribal, so any other tech is welcome

Frontier siege does but only for creatures with flying
Warstorm surge makes them deal damage = power to another creature or player
Cartouche of strength does it but only once when you cast it, unless you can return it to your hand reliably