Experienced my first TPK tonight

Experienced my first TPK tonight.

We were on a mission in Peru to find out what the Nazis were trying to steal. We ended up surrounded by Nazis, and decided to go balls to the walls. We got the drop on them, so we all get first attack. Our tank whipped out his Flamethrower and immediately took out four of them. He used his special power to do another attack on another four.

He rolled a fucking critical fail.

I was juuuuuust outside of the blast, but it critically wounded my other squad mates and shook the last one. I said fuck it, and made my last stand. I killed two Nazis and severely wounded another before I was gunned down. All things aside, I'd say I did well for a rookie pilot.

They made quick work of the others before the final squad mate critically failed her spirit roll and passed out. Just to be a dick, our GM made it so that none of us aside from our guide (Who we fucking loved) died. Instead, we were revived, but still left severely injured. We awoke inside Weird War II's equivalent of Frankensteins castle. Our next mission, apparently, is to storm the castle and free our characters.

Anyway, what's your best TPK story? Might make me feel better about rolling like shit tonight.

>critical fail
What system was this, and what are the odds that a player insta-dies because the dice shat on him?

We were playing Savage Worlds, Weird War II. He didn't insta-die. He just got fucked up really bad and the Nazis geeked him their next turn.

is it really a TPK if no one died?

Might as well be. The only reason it wasn't was because the GM willed it.

at least he made something of it instead of giving up, hope you have with it OP

>Hope you have with it

To be honest, we deserved nothing less than death. We all played stupidly and rolled shitty tonight. Which is baffling because last week we did fucking amazing.

my bad I went full retard, meant
>hope you fun with it OP

>critical fails ever
>critical fails that kill players, none the less
>a flamethrower so shitty that the very act of using it might make it explode
>a vessel that uses pressure to propel flammable liquid is capable of back flowing somehow
>a critical fail so critically flawed that it violates the laws of physics
Is this pasta fresh?

Lol all good my man. Just fucking with you.

While I'm here, got any ideas for storming a castle?

could use additional details, but if its an old Germanic castle there's probably hidden entrances that the Nazis don't know about.
In the worst case you could try an explosive entrance

I got pissed off at my players, so I had my GMPC lure one of them into an ambush that resulted in her getting shot in the chest by a sniper while a Red Samurai hit squad rolled up on the bar that the rest of the party was drinking at. To be fair, I had my girl get shot first to give the other guy ample time to try and find cover and get away, and I gave the guys in the bar fair warning that the place was about to become a warzone.

Still, I feel bad about it, because it was a shit way to end a game I was frustrated with. That's my "best" TPK story.

>NAT
>F*CKING
>TWUNNY

Hmmmm... Interesting. And since my character is currently captured, I was thinking maybe a suave thinker spy instead of a navy pilot.

Which kinda pisses me off too because the GM we had said we needed a pilot or a sailor and not a heavy or a combat medic. Sure as shit, I never once used either boating or flying.

What'd they do to deserve your wrath?

remember, if the GM says you need to be a skill monkey, it'll only pop up once, otherwise they'll show up all the time

also, what system are you using? WW2 Nazi killin sounds fun

Not every RPG is going for scientifically accurate simulationist gameplay.

Murderhoboing in Shadowrun. No, it's not a good idea to launch grenades into a random coffee shop. That makes the wrong people pay attention.

He already said, Savage Worlds, Weird War II.

Also, OP, did you all run out of bennies or something? This kind of situation is exactly what they're there for.

>my first TPK
>No one died apart from the NPC
>This makes the GM a dick

>Cirt fail is a thing
>Cirts on each end do wild things.

Savage Worlds is a system explicitly designed around wild crits. All the dice explode.

>TPK
>total party kill
>nobody died
>critical failures ever

I ran out of bennies. I had been rolling horrible the whole game.

Only reason we didn't is because the DM willed it. I'm counting it.