Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Fabulous Bill is back edition

Consolidated timeline sub-edition

>Death Guard faction focus: Strategems, Relics and Warlord Traits
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/death-guard-warlord-traits-stratagems-and-relicsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign, Ork victory assured
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/40k/warhammer_40000_en.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=5IPtLvxO8hs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm guessing chaos is going to get access to neat necron things unavailable to necrons themselves.

Will Tau ever be good again in 8e?

Repostan because thread change.

Is two Dunecrawlers enough serious anti-tank weaponry for a 2k match or should I pick up another SC box and go for three? Normally armies tend to drop a couple vehicles into a list rather than main them here, but they're usually Land Raiders or Leviathan Dreads or similar big smashy things.
Admech seems to only really have this one option for anti-tank, which is basically about 2.5 lascannons. I can't help but feel that despite energy shields and stubbers Dunecrawlers aren't quite on the level of las-preds which IIRC are only about 40 more points and have more gun. Maybe I should supplement my 'Crawlers with some Ballistarii lascannon?

What a nice deduction based purely on your ass

It's happened before. Deathwatch got xenophase swords.

Someone tell me the major changes in 8th

Tell me 40kg, are there any female Guard models that aren't garbage tier? I want to run a lot of 10 as Acolytes to roll with Greyfax. Intending to kit the squad 50-50 Storm Bolters and Plasma Guns.
I know Victoria Minis does a bunch of okay-ish stuff, but the scale always seemed a little too small so I was wondering if there was anything better out there.

Why shouldn't I take lascannon hwt over mortars as a.m.?

No.

They're hated viscerally by a lot of the fanbase, including the playtesters, and their playstyle makes for very unfun games if they're too strong. Unfun games drive away new players ergo GW is especially cautious with letting Tau get gud ergo they listen to the playtesters closely regarding Tau balance ergo Tau get deservedly SHAT UPON for how fucking bullshit they were in 7th.

>unavailable to necrons themselves
?????

It would be easier to list the things that didn't change. Just go read the rulebook, it's only got like 15 relevant pages.

Necron version is just a power sword compared to the reroll invun of the xenophase sword.

Entirely different uses.

Are you retarded, those weapons have nothing in common.

Feedback on a list would be appreciated lads; its really just a case of me adding a 500 pointish Vanguard detachment to my tentative 1000 Primaris list, but it does look like it’ll be fun and help with the current lack of anti armor. The Cataphractii captain will be modelled and painting up in Legion of the Damned colours too for fluffy fun and Eversors are just neat.

1500 point force

Outrider Detachment, White Scars Tactics

Primaris Librarian with Force Sword and Stormseer Hood

Contemptor Dread with Multimelta and Storm Bolter +CCW

Inceptors with Assault Bolters x 3

Hellblasters with Plasma Incinerators x 5

Vanguard Detachment

Captain in Cataphractii Armor with Combi Melta and Chainfist

Legion of the Damned x 5 with Multimelta

Legion of the Damned x 5 with Multimelta

Eversor Assassin

You gotta remember that Crawlers have invu save over Preds which is huge, and guaranteed you've got something in your list to repair them.

Thing is, with the Admech book right around the corner I'd be making no big decisions just yet, there could be a Forgeworld rule or stratagem that changes everything.

Only 3rd party stuff.

Two Neutron Dunecrawlers works just fine for me. Las Preds have more guaranteed shots but Neutron lasers never do less than 3 damage, have more AP, and has a higher strength. Also you have to take into account all of the re-rolls AdMech has access to and the fact that canticles can give Dunecrawlers a cover bonus.

In fact most people I see suggesting lists generally suggest 2 Neutron Dunecrawlers and a 3rd with an Icarus Array.

I can't argue that Tau were designed poorly to play against for most players.

But people need to stop spewing that Tau were OP in 7th, they were mid tier, a good Eldar, Daemons, Imperium, GSC, Necrons, Imperial Knights army would walk all over Tau.

Pure Tau was 5th place in the rankings. That's not mid-tier.

Riptides allied to Eldar was in the tippety top tier.

Riptide spam was broken no matter how much you try to say Tau were just fine in 7th.

There is a literal tranny who started frequenting my local WH store. Take a guess what army he/she/it is building

You shouldn't be able to spam riptides. Obviously they need to reintroduce the unit limit rules.

Sisters of Battle?

Gene Stealers.

Tau were the biggest fish in the (mono codex) mid-range ponds.

Spehss Mehrines

Tyranids

Dark Eldar

There's also a free PDF with all the core rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/40k/warhammer_40000_en.pdf

The rulebook just adds fluff and extra missions/scenarios

I can't wait for DG to come out and shit all over that Assassins army with their 77million mortal wound auras that will hit every single model in the Assassinstar individually.

But they had two Codices, that I know of. Standard and Far sight enclaves.

>top 5 out of 22
>middle tier
What the fuck kind of tier list is that supposed to be?

Farsight codex was "Suits are troops and 8 Named characters you must buy as a 1300 point lump"

Because a HWS with lascannons has at most 3 shots per turn, and with BS 4+ on average half of those will miss. A HWS with mortars on the other hand has an average of 10.5 shots and they can shoot at enemies they cannot see, and the mortar costs only 1/4th of a lascannon.

But mostly I think you've misinterpreted what people have been saying about mortars, the reason people have been talking about them is because they have become much better than they were in 7th, that doesn't make them good at everything
If your list lacks anti tank or your opponent/local meta uses a lot of tanks lascannons will definitely be the best option for your HWT.

It's Tau_______

I use LasLasAuto HWS with orders to help clean up the shots. They seem pretty solid, some cold dice will lose you big shots though. Also I don't have mortars for them anymore but I might proxy it and try this out.

A actual TIER list.

With tiers, as in steps, or levels upon which a set of armies reside.

It's not a "1-22 army power level ranking"

Yeah, and in what fucking world is 5th of 22 "middle tier". If you're in the top 25% you aren't middle tier.

That LasLasAuto seems like it could be interesting, I should try that.

Thanks user

I bring 2 sets and try and have them cross fire the map. One is normally in range for Orders/Yarrick and one I just have to pray for good dice.

Are they passable or is it a grognard in a beard and miniskirt?

I don't feel like its based off a pure ranking out of 22 (also is GSC missing?) its more of a median or highest mode?

Looking at it like this makes sense

Now all I need to do is find heavy weapon slots in my lists that isn't filled with basilisks

So how viable will fielding Magnus and Mortarion be? What would be good third LoW for such lists? Dual Gattling Knight?

It's going to be so fucking stupid.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's CWC tier, but pretty close. Picture a man with female hairdo and clothes and pretty big hormone grown milkbags

>CWC tier
What does this mean

In a normal game? useless. Free target for lascannons. Could knock one down a turn without effort.

You don't know who Christian Weston Chandler is?

Tiers are not set to fit the numbers it's a can or can not tier.

How does Tau belong on the same tier as an army they fall 20-40% behind in points?

You may note that many in mid tier all have blunt stops, that is the hard cap of the codex's performance, where neither skill nor experience could take them beyond.

That is close to the original shape of the chart.
Split into top, mid, low and shit.

AAAA KILL IT WITH FIRE

Why the fuck would I know that? I'm not some kind of tranny obsessed faggot like the /pol/lacks that always come in here and start bitching about tranny's randomly out of the blue.

average apple consumer

youtube.com/watch?v=5IPtLvxO8hs

Is full primaris 2000 list viable ?

its Veeky Forums 101 cmon

So this is why god doesn't speak to us...

Probably.

Won't have a lot of options though.

get out while you can.

Oh alright it's the Sonichu guy. I didn't know him by actual name.

Can someone tell me in short what is Fabius's role in the new lore? All I know is that he saw the Primaris marines and got a huge boner.

Yes, buts it's going to be similar to harlequins where your list is very similar to other pure primaris armies.

So far that's all he's done.

What's a good highlight colour for black?

Black is being used for boots/belts and straps on some infantry.

He is still working on his "New Men" project while trying to find a way to save himself from the gene flaw that's killing him.

Dark grey, I normally follow mine up with a black wash. Maybe dark midnight blue?

Dark Reaper + Fenrisian Grey.

I just stole that from GW.

Black.

He's the gene-seed guy, he helps/teaches chaos marines to make more marines so they don't run out of dudes.
He's also obsessed with making super space marines.

Is there any reason to not just call my Chimeras all Salamander Command Vehicles? +1 to shooting for a tank and +1 leadership for just pointing and saying it's something else seems really dumb.

This is the reason WYSIWYG exists

>he thinks that he can drop Magnus in a turn

>F-FW isn't broken guys!

Forge world is always cancer.

Fair enough, I'll stick with two for now. 2+/ 5++ reroll ones battle tanks are admittedly pretty sexy, I just miss the times when every damn unit I had was capable of beating up Land Raiders fairly handily. Can't really complain, we're still good, but previously I had a bit of Necron Syndrome in the sense that I could handle my anti-tank needs with a handful of Arc Rifle Vanguard.
Still think Arc weapons should MWound vehicles on 4+ and be more expensive, though. As is they're kind of pathetic.

Do we know if we're ever going to pick up any information on the Codex before it's out, or do we just wait until the 23rd?

Kill yourself you fucking newfag

>getting this mad I don't share your unhealthy obsession with stalking trannys
After you you fucking weirdo

Events in my area are debating about banning FW units out right this ED. 2 of the loudest WACCfags came into the Konor event today and wouldn't stop bitching about how much money they spent on FW and that it wasn't fair that they can't use them as they walked away from games they were wining losing less than 10 models put together and attacking anyone who said that it was a good idea.

Yeah I'm triggered about it, fuck these FW cucks

Poorfags go home

I had a dream about The Changeling. I had up with some super broken list with him and horrors but then I was told you can only take 2 unique characters per army so it wasn't valid.

>Being this bad at 40k

As someone already stated it's Veeky Forums 101, newfag. Lurk moar.

>Bans FW for being WAAC
I hope you banned guardsmen and sisters too, senpai
Otherwise you might be a bit of a hypocrite

Wasn't me who brought it up.
It's the stores in the area. I'm assuming that its partly because the stores can't sell FW and so they are losing sales to chinaman and those people are still crushing events that deters newer players from play the game and spending money.

Why does nobody play Word Bearers? All I see are BL and donutsteels who are either AL or IW warbands.

>he says while running girlyman and a gorillion assassins

I play Tank guard but nice try FWaac

No I know I can, I've done it.

L2p scrub.

Mechanically they're considered underwhelming this edition. I think they're cool though, might paint up my possessed in their colours whenever I get around to it.

FWIDF is out in force today it seems.

Just google 'sunk cost fallacy' and look for a way out.

Pretty shit way to deal with it
Is banning people's armies from your store really going to want to make them buy from you?
I'd just go to a different store if it happened to me.
Fuck asshole store managers like that

>had a dream a few weeks ago that I was able to get the TS codex that same day
>open up the codex, same old WoM stuff and all plus Tzeentch daemons iirc
>skip that, about to read the spells and relics because I wanted to know them
>wake up

Magnus the Red?
More like Magnus the DEAD

>I can't find more than 5 OP FW models so I'll just throw buzzwords at them

>FW is too good!
>But your mad because you arent getting enough out of it

Let's face if, none of you buy FW models from FW anyway, so the whole "why would you ban your own models" question is more of a "why would you ban Chinese models" question instead.

Cawl is almost a must have for better re-rolls. Codex will probably have previews leading up to the release.

Sure you do.

Yeah, I've ordered parts for a Custom Cawl, but I have quite a lot of stuff to build and paint anyway and life is going to be completely nuts for the next couple months so it may be a while before I can get him finished and have time to actually play some games again. I think my Admech are pretty well set up once I'm done with all the stuff I've currently got, though, so I'm looking forward to the Codex.