every session is almost only combat

have you tried leaving the dungeon?

>Book is about almost only combat
>Every session is almost only combat
Checks out

try GURPS

But user martials need chance to feel useful

Have you tried Strike?

Weather or not the book is all about combat, having every session be almost only combat is a sign of a lazy DM.

What, that game is entirely about combat.

I mean, it's fun combat, but the OP wants LESS combat.

Have you tried saying no?

I actually want to. Heard it handles combat well.

Are you and the group having fun?

Combat heavy games are fine if you are all on board with it.

Have you tried not playing D&D?

Your GM is focused on preparing monsters and it seems a waste to let that preparation be for nothing. Plus, perhaps combat is the only way he thinks can entertain you and he'll continue to do that if you don't say something about it or state what you rather want out of the game.

Either way, rolling your eyes on Veeky Forums will not solve the problem.

Have you tried not being a moron?

Well, obviously not, but still.

I've only experienced that with D&D
Perhaps try something else?

That was my experience with DnD 4th Edition (the only version of D&D my group ever agreed to play). It felt more like a board game that just went from one combat arena to the next.

>instead of explaining the problem to the GM like a big boy, makes a useless thread on Veeky Forums to complain about it

As DM, how do I make THREATS that are non-combat? I want my players to feel like they are in danger but I only come up with dangerous creature's to menace them. Any suggestions are welcome.

Traps are always a good way to keep them on their toes.
If you are talking out of the dungeon then I would say have them encounter magical or extremely powerful beings that wouldn't be able to be killed by combat, also let those beings show their power in a small way so that the message comes across to the party.

Try lasers and feelings or risus

>Threaten things that aren't their life.
>Threaten their citizenship, social status, family, future, friendships or mental health.
>Make threads come from institutions or groups to big to be taken down in combat.
>Make enemies that are immortal, invulnerable or something on the lines.

That's what I can think of right now

You don't need to constantly threaten people just to engage them. Stop thinking that way and things will get much easier for you and much better for your players.

>stock image
>short statement to get (You)'s
This shit should be a bannable offense. It's just shitposting and nothing ever comes out of it.
You fucking ppl need to grow the fuck up

Have you tried running a game yourself?

>sure I replied to OP instead of just ignoring his thread, but it's OK for me to do it because I'm insulting him!

Good advice, thanks!

>Don't roleplay
>Receive combat

????

>Players only want combat.
>they really don't care about the setting or roleplaying as characters
>They just wanna play the system and minmax because they're all a buncha autistic accountants with math degrees

You are so fucking lucky. Every game I've been in is filled with fucking faggots who want to sit around and ""develop their character arcs" it borders on ERP in my opinion. I don't play RPGs to run around in the sandbox playing pretend, combat is the ONLY fun thing to do in these games.

We should switch, sperg.

Play war games faggot

>what is sage
fuck off newfag

Pen and paper RPGs were inspired by wargames you cocksucker. The RPG is a wargame with one unit.

Same here, I blame new GMs getting caught up in edition wars narratives and only focusing on balance, which of course mostly applies to combat.

>D&D

Rock was inspired by jazz and blues, that doesn't mean that rock is neither gender of music.