Painting schemes

Oh hey, it's this faggot that like 3 people will remember exists.
I asked for advice on jumping into WH40K a while ago, and well, now I have. I got the Astra Militarum Starter set, was surprised by the size of this shit, and promptly spent 8 hours in a row gluing out of sheer fucking glee.
Now I've hit a bit of a snag: I don't know how to paint these motherfuckers. Cadian scheme isn't really that interesting, so I was kinda looking for some inspiration or whatever.

Other urls found in this thread:

bolterandchainsword.com/igpbeta2.php
bolterandchainsword.com/igpbeta2.php?hlm=0004FF&hlmst=FAF600&hlms=FAF600&face=F9AC67&hlmd=F8B960&strap=000000&ching=000000&spadl=0004FF&spadr=0004FF&chest=0004FF&chestd=F8B960&tunic=B69E82&arml=B69E82&armr=B69E82&handl=F9AC67&handr=F9AC67&belt=FFFFFF&beltb=FFFFFF&pants=B69E82&shinpads=000000&boots=000000&bg=FFFFFF&=&
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh wait, I forgot, this board is shit at replying

Please buy some actual hobby cutters with a flat edge, the sprue marks all over that model look shit-ugly. An xacto knife would also do wonders.

It might not bother you now but you'll look back at it a couple months down the line and slap yourself.

Post in
or
Preferable the former.

File off your sprue flash, Paint tank threads BEFORE gluing them on, Paint before assembling and remember that Vostroya is best Regiment.

Thanks mang I guess
Yo fuck, I have the citadel clippers. I can't seem to do much better.

>I asked for advice into jumping into Warhammer 40k
>Chose Astra Militarum
You clearly didn't ask for advice.
Astra Militarum are the least noob friendly army to play
I can say that confidently because I started with AM and went to Chaos after I realized there's too many fucking things to buy for that army,

I rescind the previous statement
Dark Eldar are the least noob friendly
IG is #2

Yeah, see, I did ask for advice, the advice I got was get w/e you think is cool. AM is fucking cool as shit.

Haha
Wait until you have to play a 2000 pt game and have to figure out the logistics of moving your 120+ Guardsmen (if you go blob) or 15 (yes up to 15 tanks if you go armor) to and from the game store along with your fliers, Sentinels and w/e have you.
This is without factoring the price of this kind of stuff.
I'd give it a month before you're looking for chinaman stuff.

Who said anything about actually playing the game? I might give it a go or two, open play style, but that will be in the comfort of my home. If I was actually getting into the crunch, then Spess mehreens is still my goto.

>Space mehreens
>AM is cool as shit
Did you, by chance, get into Warhammer from an image board website? Like Reddit or some shit?

You do you senpai, you seem dead set on AM, I guess
Btw the imperial guard (Astra Militarum) codex (7e) or the imperial codex (8e) has pages on paint schemes for all your dudes.
Also if your gonna play get BattleScribe and download the files for Warhammer 40k (8e) so you can make your list. It's free and fairly efficient.

Well, I can see why you'd think so. I also like the shrooms, nids and nuns. When I get some more disposable income I will get into those armies next.

Orks and Nids are bigger horde armies just like AM. Where AM is tanks and what have you, Orks and nids are pretty much mostly infantry.
Avoid Sisters of Battle like the plague.
They're models are rare and expensive. ($110 usd for like 10 models with heavy weapons), they are ALWAYS sold out online. Also they're fan base is toxic as hell for literally no deiscernable reason. They're basically /r9k/ the army

Well shit, I just don't like any other armies. You're saying "fucking go marines"? Fine, if that's truly what you think.

bolterandchainsword.com/igpbeta2.php

Knock yourself out user

Did user
It looks like tresh
bolterandchainsword.com/igpbeta2.php?hlm=0004FF&hlmst=FAF600&hlms=FAF600&face=F9AC67&hlmd=F8B960&strap=000000&ching=000000&spadl=0004FF&spadr=0004FF&chest=0004FF&chestd=F8B960&tunic=B69E82&arml=B69E82&armr=B69E82&handl=F9AC67&handr=F9AC67&belt=FFFFFF&beltb=FFFFFF&pants=B69E82&shinpads=000000&boots=000000&bg=FFFFFF&=&

>inb4 Taus is always an option
Btw have you read the lore?
Start with your faction and read all the pages on 1d4chan for a synopsis and then make your way to whatever you find interesting.
If you want a more in depth explanation the shittier wiki pages like Lexicanum will tell you everything.
Lore is critical

Oh trust, I've read the lore more than once on several of these dudes. Arch is also a good source of lore, I've listened through like half of his playlist by now.
Ollanius Pius basically solidified how cool the Guardsmen are, and Commissars sold the rest of the army to me.

8th edition really brought the faggots out, didn't it

I guess that is the price we pay for a popular edition but seriously how about you leave the hobby and go do something else.

You're a complete waste of time and space and you make the hobby look bad with your autistic screeching

I sure do hope you don't refer to me, user-kun

>ollanious Pious
Guys gone through like 12 retcons. That's pretty hardcore
If you want to read commissars Ciaphis Cain, Hero of the Imperium and Defender of the Imperium are two pretty good books to start.
After that go to Gaunts Ghosts.
AFTER THAT I guess Yarrick.

The 40k general is on page 1 my lost shitposting fellow

I am aware. Headcannon says, he is still there.
As for the books, again, when I get some disposable income.

Glad to help