Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

New Death Guard special rules and Psychic Powers revealed Edition

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/07/codex-focus-death-guard-part-2-special-rules-and-psychic-powers-sep-7gw-homepage-post-2/

>Top 5 Squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Konor Campaign, fucken rigged
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/07/codex-focus-death-guard-part-2-special-rules-and-psychic-powers-sep-7gw-homepage-post-2/
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/07/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-catastrophesgw-homepage-post-3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Nurgle

First for no /pol/ ITT

Fuck off to your containment board

>dire AIDS

regular AIDS but dire

>The Death Guard will be keeping access to everything they could use in Index: Chaos – so Chaos Lords, Sorcerers, Chaos Cultists, Helbrutes, Possessed, Chaos Spawn, Chaos Land Raiders, Defilers, Chaos Predators and Chaos Rhinos. In addition, there are 9 completely new units in the codex, datasheets for the 4 new units from Dark Imperium, and an updated datasheet for Plague Marines that gives them some powerful new options – we’ll be previewing these closer to release.

+++BATTLE REPORT INCOMING+++

My weekly game was against Chaos this time; a melee-heavy list with a lot of berserkers and some superheavy support. Last week at an user’s request I field tested my Marauder Destroyer, and this week at a similar request I ran a heavy armor themed list with a shadowsword and some leman russ support.

I arrived at the FLGS at 3:30, but traffic was light and I couldn’t get an opponent until 8:30. With only 2.5 hours of time to set up and play, we only managed to get through 2 turns, so this will be a short report.

Then angry redditors who browse /r/politics should go back to /r/politics too.

+++ARMIES+++

The Iron Horses send in an armor-heavy battalion detachment with an additional troops patrol and superheavy auxiliary. The tank commander in the warlord, leading from the cupola of his LRBT. He has three LR punishers in support, plus 3 mechanicus enginseers to repair them in the field. 9 infantry squads led by 3 company commanders protect the vehicles as they advance, and a superheavy shadowsword pattern baneblade lumbers along behind them. The massive tank is trailed by two support vehicles: a Trojan and a Salamander Command Vehicle (SCV) to increase the effectiveness and accuracy of its weapon systems.

The worshippers of Khorne are mostly comprised of 4 full squads of beserkers, all mounted in rhinos to get into assault as quickly as possible. A big group of 40 cultists provides cannon fodder, and a chaotic hellbrute brings some anti-armor punch. A massive Renegade Macharius Vulcan lumbers behind the infantry with its twin gatling cannons, and a squad of terminators stands ready to warp right into the thick of the fighting. The entire warband is led by Kharn himself, who jumps into a rhino with a unit of berserkers.

+++MISSION+++

The mission was Deadlock, though we both are fairly new still and completely forgot to double the cost of strategies as the rules require. We only got through 2 turns, though, so it hardly mattered. It was also both our first times using tactical objectives, which I have decided I am not too fond of.

I tried to appease Veeky Forums by placing some big terrain pieces in the center, which is frequent criticism my reports get, but upon rolling for hte mission and getting to choose the deployment, I chose to fight the battle across the length of the table instead of the width, kind of turning things on its head. This placed 4 of the 6 objectives in easier reach of me, though it ended up not mattering at all.

Any news on Slopmaw Maggotmancers?

What 9 units are they talking about? We got Morty, tallyman, the tank, supposedly 2 types of terminators, and the dude with the potions.
What am I missing?

>every political statement, no matter how benign, must be countered

+++DEPLOYMENT+++

Chaos easily finished deploying first, and would get first turn. I pretty much just plopped infantry squads down until I saw where the Macharius was going, then dropped the Shadowsword where it would get LOS on the massive enemy armor threat.

My plan was, similar to my game against Tyranids two weeks ago, to push into the center with infantry, eating the casualties from assaults and forcing the other guy to lose turns of moving and shooting with most of his army. Turns out that doesn’t work against berserkers too well.

IG did not seize the initiative, and spent no command points to reroll – I wanted to save them for rerolling the Shadowsword.

God damn that name is awful. Awfully awesome!

Those wide-ass Russes look silly and one could question their table legality

That's a lot of plasma at 18" for 5 men units.

Pestigors and an extra kind of sorcerer?

+++TURN 1+++

Chaos gunned their rhino engines and advanced to within a foot of my lines. The cultists plodded forward towards the temple in the table’s center, and the Macharius remained stationary to light up its Shadowsword opponent. The terminators warped in to the temple, as well, bashing out some priceless stained glass windows etched with pictures of Imperial saints and using them as braces for autocannons.

Shooting from Chaos was light, with some crew served weapons dropping a few guardsmen from their ruins cover. The terminators shot into a squad caught in the open, dropping 4, and combiplasmas scorched a couple of wounds off the Shadowsword’s front armor. The Macharius also sent its volley downfield, stripping a total of 6 wounds off the armored beast. Chaos assaults failed to reach their targets, and overwatch failed to kill anything.

IG is up. The infantry advances on the temple and the terminators within, tanks driving up with them. Only the Shadowsword and its support vehicles remain stationary, as its target is already painted. The volcano cannon opens fire, hitting 5 times, scoring 4 wounds, and dealing 31 damage to the opposing superheavy, deleting it from existence in one round. Ouch. Literally every other thing in the army shoots into the Chaos terminators to the tune of 70 lasrifles with FRFSRF, 3 punishers, an LRBT, plus support vehicles. They kill 2. Wew.

I charge in with three infantry squads, though only one makes it in and loses 4 men to overwatch for their trouble. Only the sergeant and plasma gunner make it into melee, and despite their zeal are easily ripped apart. The northern infantry charge and try to envelop the neareast rhino, hoping to entrap the occupants inside their vehicle and prevent escape. They bring the transport down to 3 wounds, but fail to completely get around its flanks.

Oh shit I forgot plasma guns are RF

Power Creep confirmed.

+++TURN 2+++

40 beserkers plus Kharn jump out of their vehicles and 30 of them make it into combat. Shooting is light, with a few autocannon shots pinging onto a Punisher and some infantry getting gunned down by combibolters. The marines don’t want to inflict too many casualties and risk losing their charge.

The assault goes well, and this is when I learn about how beserkers get to charge, kill, then consolidate and kill again in the same round. I lose 4 infantry squads in one turn, dropping me down to 4 surviving and almost 40 guardsmen are torn to pieces. The hellbrute also charges into the russ line, half-killing a Punisher.

The IG responds by falling back and trying to make a firing line. Almost everything the beserkers touched is dead, so there is no need for Get Back in the Fight! Orders. FRFSRF orders are issued instead, and the tank commander instructs the punisher to his right to fire on the exposes chaos infantry before they can launch another devastating assault.

Laser rifles and heavy bolters bark out, eventually felling all but 2 of one squad of berserkers and 5 of another. The northernmost rhino, already crippled, is destroyed by massed las and plasmagun fire, and the Shadowsword pivots to bring its volcano cannon to bear on the hellbrute. It hits 4 times, wounds 3 times, and delivers 16 wounds to the walker, vaporizing it.

At this point the store is closing and we call it a game. Chaos pulled tactical objectives that all required him to sit on his own backfield, and easily gathered 9 points. I only drew cards for 1 of my own objectives, and got first blood for destroying the Macharius, leaving it 3-9 Chaos. My opponent was quick to tell me that had we kept playing it would probably have swung more my way, but I just said meh, thems the rules and you won fair and square. Personally I think the cards are a bit too random, but I won’t write them off from one bad experience.

Convince me that power fist chaos terminators are better than chainfist.

user from the Fate of Konor thread asked a good question:

What is GW defining as terrain when it comes to painting this week?

Not really. If they had access to Havocs and squad heavy weapons maybe, and didn't cost over 20 points for a guy with a boltgun. As is it's a nice bonus that pretty much only affects a few weapons meaningfully.

>Slopmaw Maggotmancers
>Malignant Plaguecasters
>Festering Poxshamans
>Cadaverous Faminebringers
Death Guard sure took the Space Wolves approach to naming conventions, didn't they?

People either love them or hate them, at about a 2:1 love:hate ratio as far as I can tell. I personally think the russ looks too narrow for its height, so the extra tracks broaden it out a bit and make it look better. To each their own.

Man... guess I'll have to find someone to sell my converted bikes and raptors to then...

None of those alternate casters actually exist. It was a fucking meme in the starter set with GW poking fun at themselves for their cheesy naming schemes.

I don't even dislike /pol/, I just don't give a shit about it when I'm here for /40kg/. Gotta compartmentalize my shitposting.

Aren't powerfists a bit cheaper than chainfists? If not, then there's no reason to miss out on the chain-part.

That's what you get for not playing fluffy lists

Or you run them as another Legion in a separate Detachment with Mark of Nurgle.

Official GW kits.

>That poorly converted DV Helbrute

Where did it say that Mortarion ordered every bike, lascannon and jump pack shoved out an airlock upon assuming command?

Anything in the Terrain section.

The infamous Copyrightproperty Litigationguards are responsible for this.

Read the lore.

Then note that the new book specifically doesn't include those units, hmm, perhaps for a reason.

>That polish Rhino

Well, considering you can build an army of Khorne Bloodbound, made up of Bloodwarriors (armed with Goreaxes/Gorefists), a Bloodsecrator (Armed with an Ensorcelled Axe) and Exalted Deathbringers with Impaling Spears/Bloodbite Axes...I wouldn't be too confident that they were just poking fun at themselves.
My point being, if the Space Wolves, Blood Angels and AoS have taught as anything, than that only a copyrightable name is a good name, appparently.

Jesus, Shadowsword is scary.

All I've found is a blurb that he emphasized close assault and lent no special preference to long range fire power or rapid support.

With the trojan for rerolled misses and the salamander for +1 to hit it's effectively a deathstar superlaser (albeit at 800 points or so for that combo).

What da fug

>death guard
>surprisingly mobile

generally, objective cards in maelstrom are loved by those with less killy armies, as it gives them a chance against armies that outkill them. they are also nice as they can force gunline armies to move or risk losing to objectives.

>don't get -1 to hit from time to time

Wow its fucking nothing.

Index Astartes and thats been the case for DG ever since.

Eh. 5" move. 4" on some stuff.

user please put some washes and weathering on those barrels. The bright metallic silver is very glaring.

This guy had a lot of proxied and recycled units, obviously, but the few units he had which he had painted were incredible. These terminators are some of the best models I've played against in person, and he had an Imperial Knight that was just as good.

Apparently he does professional commissions for some money on the side, it just takes him so long to paint each model he has never finished an army.

Is a nice compensation for the slower movement and synergises nicely with mr. Bell, the Obnoxious Bellbringer guy.

You're retarded if you think this trait is "nothing". It's definitely among one of the best ones.

There actually is some Nuln oil on them already, but I agree they need another pass. They'll get washed again before next game.

Eh user they aren't *that* good. Those glaringly thick highlights on the pauldrons and helmets should be a dead giveaway.

I don't see anywhere that he had all the specialized wargear trashed, rater it suggest that every marine was trained in every role.

aaaaand that's the last of my photos. I'll repost again later tonight.

Also, taking suggestions for what kind of theme to use in my next game. Is there some kind of unit people want to see played, or some flavor of list? If I have appropriate painted models I will do what I can to accommodate good suggestions.

>put little emphasis on to specialized units using jump packs or bikes
Stop trying to justify your WAACfaggery. You only used bikes because they stacked +1 toughness and were OP compared to infantry last edition.

That rhino is the saddest thing I've seen today

Having trouble understanding Battleforged and legion traits guys.

I have DG, they gave us a list of what they could use.

They have now also said that you can give anything with nurgle, Mochaos: nurgle, and the be in death guard but if they arent on the list, they dont get legion traits.

So all im asking is, can I have my Leviathan dread, contemptor dread, and other FW shit in the army and have it still be "battleforged"

Read the rulebook. You can include any models and be battle-forged what the fuck are you saying.

What sorts of weapons should I be focussing on with my Plague Marines anons?

I'm not trying to power game, I'm still using the holy number even though it's "less efficient", but I want to correctly model and not waste the stuff from the box

MEHTUL BAWKSES

Death Guard can't take Havocs and be battle forged, for instance.

>They have now also said that you can give anything with nurgle, Mochaos: nurgle, and the be in death guard but if they arent on the list, they dont get legion traits
No, they did not. only lets you choose from the Legions in the CSM book.

Little emphasis means he did not put special importance on them.

I used a single squad of Bikes and raptors because anvils work best if you have a fast hammer and Plague drones were a pain in the ass to fit in along a Plague Colony

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/07/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-catastrophesgw-homepage-post-3/
>With the power to overcome even Chaos, the Tyranids may well signal the end for all life in the universe.

What'd you use for that spotlight thingy on your salamander conversion?

Yes they can you just can't take the Havocs in a Death Guard Detachment, stop being stupid.

Battle-forged literally just means you use Detachments.

Fw FAQ friend. You can give anything with LEGION the Deathguard keyword if it has nurgle or you give it nurgle with mark of chaos

Considering his embarrassing conversion capabilities (see that hideous Hellbrute), I'm convinced the dude is lying to you.

After seeing the new article, Plasma guns.

Holy number 7 lets you take every limited weapon they can have.
Every weapon has it's role, there really arent' any bad choices for them IMO.

Then what is your issue?

>Using FW FAQs to cheese your way into rules that clearly aren't intended
Fuck off.

It doesn't even cheese into any rules, what are you on about.

Not that guy btw

It literally says it in plain English using the major,legions as examples. They just dont get the,legion trait

Reading the FAQ and rules is now cheating?

The fuck is that green thing on the left?

They can't get Legion traits anyways.

Why is it not in the GW FAQif it's an intended ruling?

It's a 3d printed searchlight for WWII warship models I got off Shapeways. They are going to stand in as Defense Searchlights, as well.

Lol yeah was already posted last thread.

Carnacs assdamage is going to reverberate through the whole board like the birthcry of Slaanesh.

I was just confused because earlier in the year some info was going around saying that if you included any units from outside the DG index list they would lose battleforged/ALL units would lose legion trait, etc.

But now it seems like that's not the case.

So from my understanding, anything nurgle with LEGION can be DG but if its not on the list they wont get the legion trait BUT can still be affected by items and abilities that target or use DEATHGUARD as a keyword

Looks like a Macharius of some kind.

I wouldnt say mobile so much as "shooty while they walk all slow and spoopy"

What "ruling" are you even fucking talking about m8???

>So from my understanding, anything nurgle with LEGION can be DG but if its not on the list they wont get the legion trait BUT can still be affected by items and abilities that target or use DEATHGUARD as a keyword
Apparently anything Forge World with NURGLE keyword can select DEATH GUARD as its keyword, yes. They don't get the Legion trait because the Legion trait only affects INFANTRY and Helbrutes (and notice Helbrutes is not a keyword, it means actual Helbrutes only).

The Nurgle demon prince, the Nurgle apothecary we saw in the preview video, a new type of walker, and that slug dude from AoS

Just the stuff in the FW Index.

It's not cheese. It's the legal way of including the intended FW stuff for KSons and DG. What you couldn't do is choose something out of the CSM codex, like a Forgefiend for instance, and give that DEATH GUARD. That would be cheating.

Still 4 or soweeks away till every DG model is out. This is fucking stupid. DG should have started within 4 weeks of the starter set. Instead we got single clampack Primaris characters.