Magitech Thread

Post art of arcane technology here, or even ideas for arcane powered technology.

If people are keen on Magitek discussion I'd really appreciate if people could throw some suggestions or critique at the Magitek in my setting to make it more interesting.

The core of Magitek devices are basically elemental capacitors that soak up various energies and pump out its effects on a magnified scale ( fire, lightning, wind, pressure, sunlight, tidal energy etc ).

These cores are used to power devices such as golems, transports or imbue devices with their property ( mini ice cores can be used for coolant in huge suits of armour, mini balls containing lightning can be used as keys for mechanised doors ).

More complicated devices are run by magical spirits which are basically AIs, they're people's minds either duplicated or harvested and they're stored in devices that slot in to larger mechanisms.

The elemental forces are harvested from places like freezing mountain tops (ice), spires built out at sea (wind), inside of trees ('life') with huge AIs created to run said harvesting.

Hundreds of years before the current setting these AIs, overwhelmed by their various energies went berserk and heroes sealed them away alongside the knowledge of the technology.

In the current era their descendants maintain the lie the technology was civilisations downfall and existed only as weapons but an increasing number of people are running into relics and attempting to understand it.

Think Laputa, Skies of Arcadia, Nausicaa and the like.

I've been turned on to the idea of binding spirits and/or demons to a machine to power it. Like daemon engines in 40k and WHF or the Innistrad machines powered by ghosts.
I could imagine the wards and bindings would have to be kept up, lest the vengeful spirit in question decides its had enough of being chained and used like a labor animal.

That's a pretty good twist on what I was working with and would definitely be worth bringing into the narrative. I've had the players run into the AI/Spirit dutifully running an abandoned facility, but it'd be a pretty good excuse for a death trap dungeon if they ran into s hostile equivalent.

Perhaps the environment which the spirit is bound changes depending on its nature.
Like a wrath demon changing a facility to be more deadly, sending the machines into a blood frenzy so that they attack anything on sight. Or a tricky ghost misdirecting the party.

You're not dying in my watch.

have villains that utilize spirits or elementals to "overcharge" things by sucking their lifeforce. like inferno power armor thats immune to fire and shoots fireballs

What scientific advancements occurred in your world re: magitek?
Who was your Tesla? Who was your Edison? Who was the Einstein and who was that forgotten fool who contributed the most but was lost to time?

>The work of Erdrogan c. 268, Winter, hypothesizes and then demonstrates that the four cardinal elemental powers, once partitioned, have a limited value of energy, denoted by E.
>If E is to be used the two values of output also must be quantified, Intensity (I), and Frequency (F).
>The product of I and F is the rate at which E is depleted.
>Her work also shows, as a chuckle-worthy footnote, to always record the units your experiments use and unify them, when safe to do so, through conversion at the earliest opportunity. Lest you spend a month wondering what numeric factor other than I and F affects the rate of E depletion.