Horus Heresy 30k General /hhg/

Still no FAQ edition.

Previous >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

audiobookbay.nl/audio-books/warhammer-40k-horus-heresy-the-crimson-king-graham-mcneill/
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Rangdan_Xenocides
forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Legion-Sicaran-Omega-Tank-Destroyer-2017
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Downloads/HH_Sicaran Omega Tank Destroyer.pdf
spellcrow.com/space-knights-jump-packs-ver-p-297.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for the Emperor, beloved by all.

He's not my Emperor. I didn't vote for him.

Ok, this thread will probably be up for half a week, so everyone can reply to this post for who they want as Emperor.
I'll begin with a vote for the guy who's literally called the Emperor.

I second! The Emperor, the only vote for Emperor that makes sense. Literally.

I vote for the Emperor but among the primarchs my choice is Ferrus Manus.

Magnus might have had a good chance if fate and the universe didn't fuck him so spectacularly. otherwise, Emps. Fuck ADB.

I vote Angron. No gods no masters.

Apart from the one, who now owns your soul for eternity.

Yeah but now he gets to kill people for all eternity while the emperor is a skeleton in a chair so who really won?

>Being so pathetic and angry that you'd willingly volunteer yourself to a God who would override your own identity in favor of more skulls for his lawnseat, depriving you of all higher sense of joy or talent aside from being mind-fucking good at murdering people.

I mean, the Emperor kind of already did that by keeping the Nails in but generally if I had to pledge to any Chaos God I'd choose the one that wouldn't limit me to just being a raging autist.

>no gods no masters
>except this one that gives you a soul lobotomy, that's fine

>Become a vicious killing machine with little sense of self aside from your purpose of Murder
>Give into the whims of a master planner, thinking you'r eon top of the world until it's your turn to be sacrificed in the name of the Great Game
>Enjoy great excess and pleasure until you gradually lose all sense and satisfaction from your indulgence, driving you insane and leading you to more and more degrading attempts to taste pleasure once more
>Chill with some worms, not even feeling any pain anymore.
Is there even any contest?

Kelbor Hal, Zagreus Kane or another qualified Archmagos.

Ave Deus Mechanicus! Death to the pretender!

Seriously, the Emperor apparently removed all the dangerous memories from Hal and Friends while leaving the ones about him being a massive dick to them and obviously not adhering to their philosophies. The Mechanicus seems to hang together rather well as a whole against outside threats, I can't honestly say that a good Archmagos wouldn't do a decent job if the Mech was equally promoted.
Still, they'd never agree on who and the Imperium would be an even worse dystopia for the common man. Probably best to give him or her or it Malcador's slot instead, they'd be better at family relations than actual Emps.

>I'd choose the one that wouldn't limit me to just being a raging autist
If you are already a raging autist I would say the god that lets you vent your autism the most is the best. Unlike the emperor who designed primarchs and legions specifically to be psychopaths who flay or hack apart mountains of people and then gets angry when they flay or hack apart mountains of people.

>Angron is fighting a hopeless war against an army he cannot defeat
>Should I offer to aid him with my immense psychic might perhaps bonding with my emotionally stunted son in the process?
>Should I offer him command of his legion so that he can see the value of his sons and form some actual bond
>Should I bombard the enemy armies from orbit and perhaps let the planet think Angron pulled off a miracle victory with his small army of gladiators
>Should I leave him to die with honour in a heroic last stand?
>Nah I will just teleport him away and make him watch the only family he has ever known die and then give him his own personal army
>Wow why is Angron so violent? I need to send Russ to calm him down, everyone knows Russ is the most diplomatic primarch and not a gigantic cunt suffering from egomania

I mean he was already physically lobotomized as an infant so it isn't like he lost much.

When are they going to do Mark 5 armor in plastic? That's the only thing stopping me from getting an army. Shit is so cash

>Plastic Mark V
I'm seconding this

Do you really see GW making plastic marines that aren't primaris-sized?

>he thinks there will ever be another Horus Heresy plastic box when 30k is dead and marinelets are being phased out of 40k
lmao

I voted Alpha Legion... I'm still on the fence or over it or behind it or still building it or breaking it down

Why would you want to get into a dead game?

For 30k, for sure.

Lol

>>>/40kg/

I hope they'll continue to dedicate GW studio resources to 30k, but it's hard to predict. Maybe if they can spin off the non-marines in the box like they did with the Talons of the Emperor. That could mean new daemons, or plastic Mechanicum units that don't overlap too badly with the 40k AdMech line... nothing obvious comes to mind.

Did someone said Plastic Mechanicum?

We better get skitarii rules in Angelus.

>We better get skitarii rules in Angelus.
You got them in Inferno.

Secutarii are explicitly not skitarii.

That would kill Secutarii sales, so don't count on it happening.

Not if they're shit.

>Not Malcador holding Horus

Just field Peltasts with Radium Carbines and use the Skitarii Vanguard models. Bang, Mars Skitarii with fancier 30k gear in the Kyropatris Fields and rad-nades, plus an actual Alpha Primus HQ.

You're fucking welcome!

audiobookbay.nl/audio-books/warhammer-40k-horus-heresy-the-crimson-king-graham-mcneill/

Sanguinius is literally the only other one who could have been Emperor besides Horus. And we all know how Horus ended up

Did the Alpha Legion participate in the Rangdan Xenocides? They're mentioned in the 40K wiki, but only once and not even in the article.

Alpharius is rumoured to have been infected by them, so probably.

Which one?

The dead one.

the one with the blue and green armor

It's so obvious, in hindsight.

You faggots still getting cucked by 7E like the bunch of dickless bitches you are?

You make it sound like a bad thing.

What were his actual accomplishments? His legion is basically the worst legion, and as much as I like my dudes, there's no denying that. However, what about the big man himself?

Honestly I hate 8th edition. "Advancing the setting", renaming the eldar, super duper marines, removing AV, etc.

>Worst legion
>Not World Eaters
>Not Word Bearers
>Not Iron Warriors

you're mistake was using 40k wiki, which is shit

Use lexicanum instead:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Rangdan_Xenocides

He killed a whole lot of people, and failed to kill Vulkan a lot of times.

Why Sanguinius? He seems rather detached from all the minutiae of running an empire. But I skipped the Imperium Secundus arc so there's a big hole in my knowledge.

Guilliman's a great choice. He's not great at dealing with people so I'd worry about his empire's stability, but he's got logistics down. Horus is almost as good at logistics, but he's also a master diplomat. Dunno if I see him being as effective at economic development. Fulgrim did well on Chemos. A little unstable, and probably bad at delegating, but at least he's proven himself on a planetary level. Magnus and Lorgar would probably decent emperors too. A little too much human sacrifice for the former and resources spent on spiritual stuff with the latter, but their worlds developed nicely.

What did the Night Lords accomplish to make them not the worst legion? Their most notable fight was them losing most of their legion.

Sanguinius is a leader who can unite the people. Gulliman would be a great Malcador type figure who sets up the administratum and other adeptus so that the Empire can run.

>"Advancing the setting"

Better than cramming everything into 99X.M41.

>renaming the eldar

And 6th gave us Astra Militarum and other such great things.

>super duper marines

Gotta troll marinefags somehow.

>removing AV, etc.

I do hope you were as mad about this as you were when GW didn't in the past give AV to units that were clearly vehicles.

World Eaters are cool though, even if battle wise they were pretty shit. It's also the only legion I can play and not feel bad about my guys dying horribly since they're pretty much soulless.
It's why I normally play NPC races, I can't stand the thought of people who have lived and been through so much dying so needlessly

Call me autistic, idgaf

This is why Sanguinius was the Loyalist counterpart to Horus.

Dorn was the Loyalist Horus

He would have been the one holding the gate for three days if he was.

>implying Horus ever did the dirty work himself
Dorn, like the Warmaster, acted as a commander first and a warrior second. The only action Horus got during the Siege was on the Vengeful Spirit and that was a desperate last resort.

Horus was actually charismatic though. He didn't get into autistic arguments with people over petty shit.

Didn't like half the traitor primarchs join with Horus because he simply treated them a lot better than the Emperor did?

Do Dornfags really think this? Dorn was an un-charismatic door stop whilst Horus had the admiration of all of his brothers apart from the forever irrelevant Corax.

What would Dorn have brought to the position of Warmaster that Horus couldnt?

What did the Word Bearers accomplish? They are most notable for having zero sense of camaraderie and constantlu backstabbing each other. What did the World Eaters accomplish? They were a resoundingly meh legion that was collectively lobotomized under the orders of their primarch who ruined Isstvan III for the traitors. What did the Iron Warriors accomplish? They were a legion which focused entirely on siege warfare who failed to break into the Imperial Palace and later lost the battle of the Iron Cage. At least the Imperial Fists were also known as good swordsmen and duellists.

>Better than cramming everything into 99X.M41.
I didn't like that, I think GW should have had more events and campaigns focused on the past eg. the War of the Beast, War of Apostasy, the Scouring, or even just making up new events in the "past." So GW could have an event where some Eldar tried to restore the Eldar Empire after the Horus Heresy and include new units and models to represent the greater resources of the short live Neo-Eldar empire. That's that a quick spitballed idea but you get the gist.
>And 6th gave us Astra Militarum and other such great things.
So you agree with me?
>I do hope you were as mad about this as you were when GW didn't in the past give AV to units that were clearly vehicles.
I am. You assume just because I dislike 8th edition that I like everything about previous editions. I think 8th was simply a massive jump in the AoS style changes that have been happening to 40k for a while.

Let's be real here, any sort of background written during and after 3rd edition 40k is complete shit. So basically, it's been shit for almost 2 decades.

>That's that a quick spitballed idea but you get the gist.

Now figure out how to let Sisters, Tyranids, Tau, etc. take part in those campaigns.

>So you agree with me?

In that GW makes dumb names to protect their IP? Yes. That it's 8e's fault? No.

>You assume

Yes, because people are bitching about it, among other things, and I just want to make sure those people are on the level and aren't just grasping at any straws they can to talk shit about 8e.

Maybe 2 years ago I would have agreed that no moving the timeline and keep AV, but now I don't care anymore. When you have Tau just launching 3rd sphere expansion and are already planning 4th sphere expansion, among everything else GW is cramming into late M41, it's clear that they either retcon everything further back or just move forwards in time. And the more they put out units that are clearly vehicles, but don't use vehicle rules, the less AV means anything, other than "vehicle, but shittier."

This is 3e all over again, nothing more. Give it a few years and we can all bitch about power creep, bloated rules and all that shit once more.

I disagree however just because you are falling down a steep hill doesn't mean you should try to roll towards a cliff.

What did the Word Bearers accomplish? They actually did a great job of achieving their goals. When they were Emperorfags their worlds were the most loyal and devout. When they became Chaosfags they brought planets to "compliance" quicker than all the other legions and started the Heresy that broke the Emperor and his Imperium forever.

>What did the World Eaters accomplish?
Admittedly not much during the Heresy but at least they have the excuse of being mentally retarded ragemonsters. They ripped apart the Ultramar system during the Shadow Crusade. They were at least competent when it came to close quarters brawling so were useful as shock troops.

>What did the Iron Warriors accomplish
They did break in to the Imperial Palace. Perturabo did what Horus asked him to do then flaked off to go kill Fists. The Iron Cage was explicitly stated to be a draw and only the Ultramarines stopped them both from MAD.

None of them are great but the Night Lords brought absolutely nothing of value. They got buttfucked by the Dark Angels then turned around and got buttfucked by the Ultramarines. That's their whole contribution to the Heresy. They weren't even useful as cannon fodder like the WE because they're all insubordinate cowards.

>Now figure out how to let Sisters, Tyranids, Tau, etc. take part in those campaigns.
Maybe we could have several smaller campaign. Eldar get updated in the Neo-Eldar Empire campaign set in M32. Sisters get updated in the Age of Apostasy which could also have updates for the Space Wolves and rules for Pre-Sororitas Ecclesiarchal militias which could otherwise be played as Imperial Guard. Tyranids could be updated in some sort of Behemoth campaign which could offer room for rules and models for Space Marines and Orks. Tau could be involved in some sort of early wars or campaigns involving Commander Puretide who is a pretty big deal still considering he was the mentor for both Shadowsun and Farsight.

Or you could just make the campaigns so massive that almost nobody avoids being mentioned.
>Eldar Empire reborn
>Some Imperial systems find themselves attacked by three or more craftworlds at a time
>Frequency of Dark Eldar raids pick up
>Corsairs join forces to create massive pirate fleets
>Imperial Guard, Marines, and other Imperial forces resist as best they can
>Orcs also find themselves under attack as the Eldar conquer all in their path
>Some Necron world awaken early in response to Eldar attempting to preemptively destroy tomb worlds
>Battered CSM legions launch raids against the weakened Imperium, some stop fighting the Imperium to focus their attention on the Eldar seeing them as a larger threat

This could be followed up by a mini campaign to make up for the lack of involvement of the Tyranids, Tau, and Sororitas, perhaps having some sort of campaign where the Ecclesiarchy starts purging a world that had been trading with the Tau and having close diplomatic relations with them, the Tau intervene to liberate the world starting a conflict. The Tyranids show up and the SoB pretend to offer to unite against the Tyranids only to sneak away to leave the xenos and xenos lovers to be consumed by the Tyranids.

Ugh, fucking finally.

Thank you based user.

Dornfags know he wouldn't have even been in the running for warmaster. His demands for crusades would have saw every imperial citizen undergoing aspirant trials.

IW also lost at Tallarn, but fucked it up goood.

> They ripped apart the Ultramar system during the Shadow Crusade.
And therefore helped bring forth the ruinstorm with the WB, which fucked up loyalist warp travel and coordination against the traitors. It pretty much isolated the Ultraboys for the rest of the heresy. Pretty big deal imo.

Even if the WB deserves most of the credits for that.

>tfw your kind got killed off and got replaced by pussy manlets
>half of them turn crazy and kill the dude who betrayed you

LMAO

What's the best third party jump packs out there? What do you guys use?

That was pretty uncool of the Emperor desu. Couldn't he have used up the remaining Thunder Warriors fighting xenos instead of just Old Yellering them? The fact that your boss betrayed and murdered his last employees doesn't really inspire confidence. If I was a space marine near the end of the Crusade I'd be worried too.

It is mentioned that the Pre-Primarch 20th might have arrived to reinforce Imperial forces during the 3rd Rangdan Xenocide.

Dorn was Praetorian of Terra so he was technically in charge of all Loyalist forces during the Heresy while the Emperor was indisposed.

But isn't that the value of the Night Lords? They tied up pretty much the entire DA fleet.

Maybe I'm defending them because as Anons such as said, Corax was also a big fat do-nothing entity, and had very little effect on the Heresy as a whole. I feel like both the NL and RG ran interference on the other side but essentially achieved little of note.

Feelsbadman.

I think Kromlech has some half-decent ones. I heard that GW is on another crusade to sue the shit out of third party bits makers like Spellcrow, so gobble up all the jetpacks you can while you can.

I mean, for a given value of "in charge". The Primarchs are all petulant children to a degree so he beseeches Corax and Wolfy McWolfface to stay and given him a damn hand defending a continent's worth of ramparts and they're like "mmm... nah". I think he was in charge of defending the Palace and that was it, he wasn't given the authority to command loyal forces outside that sphere of command.

New SICARAN OMEGA TANK DESTROYER up for order £82
forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Legion-Sicaran-Omega-Tank-Destroyer-2017

Rules :forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Downloads/HH_Sicaran Omega Tank Destroyer.pdf

Kromlech could work yeah.

Does anyone know where these jump packs are from?

Big E got what was coming to him

Thunder Warrior models when, I don't care about the lore I want these lovable retarded looking things in my 40k

Post >yfw forgeworld could have put the energy they spent making three new tanks that nobody wanted in not making inferno a trainwreck.

>tank destroyer
>heavy 6 plasma gun
>24" lascannon with 1/6 chance for more HP damage

Why can't they just say it's for anti-TEQ work?

What are the problems that still arent fixed from Inferno anyway? No one at my flgs plays yiffs or dustbins or 30k atm so I dont hear much bitching about it.

Doesn't seem that fantastic, honestly. It's like a giant Kataphron Breacher, and it either has 6 plasmagun shots or one boosted lascannon that works out to about equal to two shots. The chance of three or four hull points is probably balanced out by unreliability, low range and the fact you only get one Pen roll, which is what you really need to kill heavy armour.

Looks like it's more for Terminators than anything else, and quite expensive at 235 for an expected 5.33 hits/ 4.5ish wounds/3 1W 5++ Terminator kills.

Rules problems.
>Magnus hella OP
>Sekhmet under priced (also some possible confusion about whether they can pick their powers, which they can)
>Russ' armour gives him pseudo invisibility

Other problems
>book is a whole editing mess including spelling errors and some IRL guy with a bum bag in one of the pictures

Cool rememberancer

They(Alpha) are mentioned to take part in Xenicodes, btw use Lexicanum, they have citation, 40k wiki have longer arties but often unreliable.
And some proof.

4th wasn't that bad, in 5th real fluff problems started with Waard.

They look like spellcrow
spellcrow.com/space-knights-jump-packs-ver-p-297.html

Sweet, thanks a ton good user!

I thought the DA fleet that rescued the SW and later fought with the NL were explicitly stated to only be a small part of the total DA navy?

The fleet who rescued the wolves were Luther and the Caliban loyalists IIRC, a splinter faction which stayed at Caliban while the larger part of the legion fought the NL at Thramas.

>Tank destroyer
>Worse at killing tanks than the standard sicaran
Granted as a whole it is pretty neat heavy 6 str 7 ap 2 the main issue is its shitty range, it would be a good alternative to the default sicaran if it had a 48" range, the sicaran battle tank is more general purpose, the omega is better for killing marines and terminators. However with its current rules its pretty shit since if you get within 24" of an enemy unit you will get off at most one volley before vehicles that have been hammering you since the start of the game finish you off or something assaults you and kills you.

Is there something other than the Ironwing and Guilliman that grants Tank Hunters to Dreadnoughts?

>world eaters
>worst legion
user please explain

Nah the fleet that bailed out the wolves was led by Corswain. Luther and the boys left Caliban to help out Sons of Horus and Death Guard forces at one point preheresy and as a result were grounded from using their fleet

>I feel like both the NL and RG ran interference on the other side but essentially achieved little of note.
Which is only another example of the Night Lords' incompetence because the VIII had a whole legion but the XIX only had a couple thousand legionaries after the dropsite massacre. At least the Raven Guard and Salamanders have a good excuse for their irrelevance.

>Legion was never particularly good
>Angron lobotomizes them
>Ruined Isstvan III with Angron's autism
If anyone is to thank for the delay of Horus and the victory of the loyalists in the heresy it is Angron for sperging out and attacking the loyalists on Isstvan III instead of letting Horus nuke them from orbit again.