Why do people like Eldar so much?

Why do people like Eldar so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/images/a/aa/1386545059205.gif
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ever wanted to fuck the uncanny valley?

Same reason some people get turned on by guys getting their balls stepped on

I'm sure with a pic like that you are really interested in crunch and fluff-related answers.

They're tall, lithe, perpetually young, and shit rock candy. What's not to love?

In the wargame? In rogue trader? Just from the fluff? CWE, Exodites, DEldar, Harlequins? In-universe?

well, their lore is interesting, the waifus are even better and they have some pretty badass guys in their roster

Because Taldeer and Idranel are sexyfine, even if Idranel is a bit of a cunt.

>and they have some pretty badass guys in their roster
Maugan Ra op, pls nerf

>Why do people like Eldar so much?

On the tabletop you'd actually be surprised at how unpopular Eldar are.

Yes, all the pathetic Waacfaggots had their invisible flying Warlock Circus and Wraithknight spam and they placed top in tournies... but among regular Joe gamer? Really not so much.

According to my LGS owner, Orks outsell Eldar 3 to 1 for example. Space Marines something like 10 to 1.

It was a very similar situation with High Elves in Fantasy, people always assumed they were among the most popular armies but the truth was near the opposite.

How about Tau
I hear they're also more popular than Eldar

Fuck elves

That's exactly what we have in mind, yes.

Because they get every combat doctrine possible outside of disposable horde army and even then, they aren't the lowest model count army in the game.

They're old women who look like young women.

They're the narrative cocktease where it's possible, just barely possible, that the next book will be the one to advance the story meaningfully for the first time in 14 years

People like elves.

I like Tau. Especially if yo get rid of the Ta'unar and the stormsurge and replace them with something from the Auxiliaries.

Because they're filthy Xenos loving backstabbing cockbites, that's why.

Marbo wasn't removed. They just couldn't find him.

The murder clowns are cool

Just a bunch of heretic virgins. The Sisters are CLEARLY better in every shape fashion and form. They attain near physical human perfection in a single lifetime, without help from constant reincarnation, wear a much more pleasing color scheme not some ugly neon bullshit with those stupid soulstones, and did I mention they are xenos? They don't even like you, much less love you, and wouldn't even bother with having a conversation with you if you ever got close enough to one with them killing you. Their ears are fucking stupid, and seriously they couldn't care less if you exist.

Sisters on the other hand are usually filled with the need of spreading the Emperor's love, and when we get older and higher in rank the garb changes to more of a nun thing so that's a plus. How anyone could like those heartless harpies is beyond me.

Can't we love them both? Can't we love the eerily, inhumanly beautiful Eldar women AND the fetish-pr0n-nun Bolter Bitches? Can't we all just get along?

To any eldarfag here, I heard that the Aspect Warriors recruitment depends of the negatives emotions of the eldar. Where I can find a full list of which emotion represent each shrine?

Oh jeez man I dunno about a whole list. There's a story about a striking scorpion who joined after he couldn't handle his anger and wanted to hide from the people causing his emotional pain, so the hidden stealth of the shrine called him out.

Rage itself isn't enough for any social aspect. The curse of Khaine fills any Eldar soul with bloodlust and fury, so it's not enough to go on. Unless fire dragons are just incomprehensibly furious or something.

Special, not social. Forgive my filthy phone posting.

threadly reminder that 40k has ALWAYS been muh magical realm

not that there's anything wrong with that

No it wasn't. It was a political parody first then it became myth parallel and now we have what ever the fuck it is now

For some reason they make me think of Homeric epics in a way space marines do not.

What I remember was:
>Howling Banshees were suffering of grief.
>Dark Reapers are obssessed with death.
>Fire Dragons want to blow things up.

There is anymore?

goddamnit cuddles, stop being so damn hot.

I would call you out as being a salty sister. But the idea of a sister angrily typing away at a n archeotech console into a warpspace forum to get in a huff over elderfever. The idea is very cute.

Why isn't he wearing pants?

>Can't we all just get along?
INDEED!

Boo...

>threadly reminder that 40k has ALWAYS been muh magical realm
INDEED!

Taunar is cool cause mega guns
Surge is... a trial to pass when making

>the uncanny valley
Sounds like an adolescent euphemism for vag.

I hate elves

>Eldar not taller
Good job.

Dire Avengers are obsessed with heroism/victory/holding the line, but I don't know what negative trigger would lead to that behavior. Martyr complex maybe?
Swooping Hawks are all about heroically leading their army to battle, so mark them as another conundrum.
Shining Spears might be expressing a desire for overt vengeance, judging by their PL's brief backstory.
Warp Spiders are "bleak" loners, and not even the other Eldar get them on account of their potentially soul-icidal method of transport and avoidance of social contact. Antisocial much?
Shadow Spectres are probably depression, or more poetically the urge to silently fade away into death (before coming back as a sweet laser ghost I guess)

Do they? I don't think I've ever seen an Eldar thread (or Tau thread, for that matter) that didn't get swarmed by the same old cries of PURGE and HERESY and KNIFE-EARS.

If Veeky Forums is any indication, the 40k fanbase is 70% autistic space marine fans, 15% equally autistic spiky marines fans, and 10% slightly less autistic imperial guard fans.

They're exotic. People don't like eldar per se, they just want something different, taste the kari or sushi instead of their mandatory daily burger. Once you have done it with few human women, you're curious how it would feel with Eldar. Or Tau. And Chaos cultist. They're essentially humans, but perverted. Then they try it and get addicted to the spicy meal.

True sister would just sage and report the post to their local Ordo Hereticus mod. No need to be angry at someone who will be cleansed soon.

are phoenix lords viable in the new dumb down rules?

Most of the time someone here pretends to like Eldar it's just someone posting fanart of the drawthread with their human self-insert in them. The actual amount of people that buy Eldar armies and play them around here is miniscule, as much as people really interested in their lore, beyond fap pics. Though there seem to be more DEldar fans here that build armies.

>implying even half of the people shitposting about purging have ever spent a dime on models

I remember High Elves being the second most popular (tied with Empire) after Warriors of Chaos. Especially in 8th where they were at the top of the power curve.

Why wouldn't they?
In a game with such strong factional divide, isn't it good for every group to have fans? I'd be more concerned abuot the sorry state sisters are in.

New Romantic / glam rock elves with Guyver bio-armors, 80s manga scifi technology, neo-pagan culture with New Age imagery and alchemical sigils everywhere.

They're the coolest fucking thing.

At my local, eldar may as well not exist anymore after 7th when you couldnt get a game with them. As far as high elves, though, they were almost as popular as dwarves and chaos back when i played in 7th/8th ed fantasy, people are still selling their skaven halves of that box set

Congratulations, you made them sound more awesome than most talk here on Veeky Forums.

The Eldar of Craftworld Ke-Bleyr are known for their delicious baked goods.

Good luck. That user is beyond 7 warpstorms by now

Well I love orks and necons

So that's not completely sure.

One of my reasons for quitting 40k during 6th was that switching from Tau to Eldar tripled the rate of HURR PURGE DA XENOS FER DA EMPERAH comments from the LGS crowd.
Plenty of mouth breathers do that shit IRL, and in real life you can tell whether a particular person is just popping in to shitpost or is actually committed to constant "bantering" like a bad soundboard.

I'm honestly waiting for Phoenix lords to disappear from the rules. GW doesn't seem to have any interest in giving them new models, and apparently that's a death sentence for every other character model.
They're better than Yriel, at least.

I was thinking to write something post-Cadia when I asked myself...What the hell happened to Ulthwe? Their fluff said they were stuck in the Eye of Terror, which gave them the nicknamed of the Damned and their guardians becoming better at killing stuff that the guardians of other Craftworlds.

Did GW mention what happened to them or I need to wait for the Eldar Codex in this year?

Shockingly I just love the universe(well, until the last few years when the brain dead corporate fuckery finally killed what was left of the character of the background) , and I have minis from all of the original races. I'm not sure when playing 40k became abbot liking your favorite sports team, but it fucking stinks.

Personally I think their vehicles look cool and like their general flavour. They're the only 40k faction I'd consider collecting.

Why do people like 40k?
Fluff is shit and the design of everything is like someone took their 6 year old sons drawings then hired an artist to pretty it up.

Because everyone plays it.

oh hi ND Please piss off again and die

Pic related.

Eldar players aren't that common IRL.

GW has a sizeable community on account of being around forever, so people will pick up the Citadel brand Hobby(TM) from others far more often that other niche games can generate players or fans. It's a mix of economics and population ecology or rather epidemiology combined to form a juggernaut of a franchise almost as lively as MTG.

Source?

*insert dark eldar pic with a comment about how waifufags and DoWfags ruined the eldar worse that the Spiritual Liegue forever here*

what did he say?

That user posted a gif of a eldar girl having sex.

I was mocking that one autist who always do shitty rants everytime LCB or human/eldar hybrids are mentioned.

Hm, I must see this gif.

For inquisitorial reasons.

There's not many 28mm company scale combat game that isn't historical

it was cropped

Beware, I trust you will handle this information with resposability.

1d4chan.org/images/a/aa/1386545059205.gif

For all that she was originally created to be a pathological example of the big problem with random-roll character design, Cuddles is sexyfine.

Two and a half meter tall blind albino psychic giantess with a sense of humor as dark as my own and legs that go all the way up? Oh, fuck, yes, please.

I've really got a thing for threatening women. Especially if they have sharp teeth and are willing to fistfight me on top of a burning metal gear.

I've got a thing for women like that too. And by "thing" I mean "my penis."

Idranel is sexyfine too. So's Taldeer--but then Veeky Forums seems to fall in love with characters voiced by Nicole Oliver anyway.

>goddamnit cuddles, stop being so damn hot.
>For all that she was originally created to be a pathological example of the big problem with random-roll character design, Cuddles is sexyfine.
>Two and a half meter tall blind albino psychic giantess with a sense of humor as dark as my own and legs that go all the way up? Oh, fuck, yes, please.
Indeed, just goes to show Veeky Forums can waifu anything...

Why do people like Grots and Ratlings so much?

Why does he have no pants?

Hey, I won't waifu any old thing.
It's gots to be scary, and have it goin' on.

I wasn't aware that grots were popular, but--well, speaking hypothetically and for entertainment purposes only, if someone liked Hobbit women and wanted some Hobbit pr0n, there may be a webcomic about that called "Buttsmithy." I'm just saying.

idranel was best elfdar villainfu.
morathi is now my newest villainfu

Ratlings are, hilariously, one of the best units in the game in 8th edition. So there's that.

Ye, 2 units of 10 are stupidly deadly.

I like elves, and I like elves in space. The different flavors of eldar offer an elite army playstyle that isn't just another marine faction, which I also enjoy. I'm not sure why people get so salty about them on this board. I also collect Orks and Tyranids, so I am admittedly a bit of a xenofag.

They want fuq

Cuddles is the perfect example of "personality matters more than looks".

>implying you wouldn't

Maybe

Salty SoB, right there.

>someone liked your writefaggotry well enough to save it.
t-thanks

Nah, it'd be better or just much funnier if a sororita would angrily type-rant like at for the sake of comedy and lulz.

Its just found at the 1d4chan storythread page at the 40K writefaggotry section.

Would you do your best to find kidnapped daughteru Lofn from the Institute???

>less autistic imperial guard fans
>less
no

Does anyone know why they changed the wing things on the back of Eldar Farseers from 2 to one? I'm trying to make some minis based on the Dawn of War games, and I'm trying to figure out how I can make a female Farseer.

How Yandere you think Lelith would be?

At my store only one person plays eldar, most are imperial players, followed by various forms of chaos.

I was considering going eldar, but was torn between then and orks, and simply decided on orks since I enjoy kitbashing.

Was there any more too it?