Confusing fan theories edition

Confusing fan theories edition.
>Are tyrants some sort of analogy for corporations?

Faction Stat Card Almanac:
mega.nz/#F!a8QBgCaD!mMN8jvLMuNKHA5G3nJ0FSg

>Books
Malifaux: mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach: mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - New models
Book 5 - New models & Master upgrades

Through the Breach 2E - Core Rulebook

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: discord.gg/xWkuFRz

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules: themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/123837-gaining-grounds-2017/

Previous thread: Alternative Editions:
What the fuck are these Nightmare sprues Wyrd? Edition
The metals are more characterful you bland newfag Edition.
Introducing new designer Matt "Fetid Strumpet" Carter Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1130882854
imgur.com/a/FEfIz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>[Holding weird unsupported opinions and being] a very vocal poster who tries to shape and steer the meta.
Ah, the very worst a forum can offer.

The worst bit is when weird listens to this shit, like the Levi nerf immediately after his plastic released because of ratjoy (whilst simultaneously nerfing ratjoy) and literally having a vote on their forums as to what models to buff in wave 3, so models like lelu and iggy got 0 costs they didn't need (and in iggy's case you might not even bother using) whilst Vasilisa got left in the dirt or how they went on to later errata the guardian with a buff despite it being an amazing model.

>Vasilisa
Yeah. That's definitely a prime can date. She's so bad as to be practically non existent. I'm glad they realized guild guys were shit, and tried to do something about it.

user, please stop making the title hard to find at a glance.

Think anything's come out of the public beta that's gonna bite them in the ass? Didn't 10T's lineup get completely overhauled or something from their initial designs?

>Vasilisa
One of the top UK Nvb was having great successes with her last year (or the year before) in an alpha-strike capacity.

I don't know exactly how it works, but I think you Fast and Obey her with Collodi, and she cancarry other Puppets, so you use her to deliver a Coryphee or something into the enemy crew's support pieces Turn 1.

I assume it was Arcane reservoir, but it was said that half the reason no-one uses her is because no-one uses her so no-one knows how to.

Hopefully the hint of attitude that Wyrd are going to listen less in the wake of the shit-flinging off this open beta W5 comes through.
Open Beta is fine, but not as a replacement for serious strenuous playtesting in-house.

Yeah but in that case the original designs actually sucked.
She's like hayreddin tier glass cannon but costs way more stones. As for the open beta shit, i think open beta playtesting led to W5 being much better, nearly every change was for the positive. I absolutely wish they had done it for W5 master upgrades or had done it rather than a god damn blind vote for the W3 upgrades.

I was informed last thread that it is now a meme.
I'd actually planned to put it in the Subject field, as is now apparently tradition.

>Didn't 10T's lineup get completely overhauled or something from their initial designs?
Pretty much.
The Charm Warders inparticular, I think,had more than one total re-write in the opening few weeks.
I get the impression that they had significantly more release slots than actual ideas for 10T.

How does one actually use Hayreddin? I see a bunch of neat ideas on his card but actually doing anything useful with them seems tricky.

>Open Beta is fine, but not as a replacement for serious strenuous playtesting in-house.
Very true. This wave is a bit of fuck up balance wise.

Since I'd the models are great. Since if them are mediocre or just plain bad.

I haven't used him but I get the same vibe. I feel like he's too squishy for what is want to use him for.

>Since
Some you stupid phone.

>Vasilisa
It can be fun to launch a Coryphee up the board and fuck someones shit up the first time but once people are used to it it loses its impact

Levi's box was around for a long time before he got erratad. It was the rat-engine that got nerfed soon after it's plastic release(brotherhood of the rat box)

Take him with chiaki or another condition remover and a nurse. Chuck downers on him then cleanse the downers now he has armor 2 let him go charge something within 10 and fuck it up. Use him alongside non randomizing models to engage everything with his awesome staff.

His synergies appear to be with models that do not randomize so they can attack whoever he is in combat with (his charge range is huge) and he wants activation control so he can show up there after his foes have activated. Yan Lo can give him armor and can lightning jump foes into him where they have to choose between fighting DF7 and black blood or escaping his mighty staff. I haven't quite found a way to use him yet, but i am certain there is one. The downers trick allowed me to use him to practically wipe out an enemy crew in a henchman hardcore game.
His metal box was, his plastic had been barely out six months, though i think it got an early release in 2014 black friday? For the majority of consumers though he came out later.

How would you change unplayed models? Im not talking about the underplayed ones (right now anyway) but lets get some proposed changes for
>Guild Sergeant
>Vasilisa
>Desperate Mercenaries
>High River Monks
And things on that tier of "wyrd scammed me out of my money this model is useless".

I might play an HRM if they doubled all their stats. Maybe.

I think my go to would be to just drop the price.

I don't think that we for the sergeant though since he's meant to be a support piece. Maybe a 1ap action that can give guardsmen fast? Or a 0action obey?
Giving out +ram to guardsmen?

>Memeing for the sake of memeing.

In all seriousness, user. Don't. Just don't.

Ml 12. Spooky.
I feel thats only viable for hrm. Desperate mercs are already 4 stones and would be still crap at 3. Do you want rats 2.0? Vasi would be better served by just chucking on 3 wounds imo.
Sarge needs something supporty maybe but fast sounds a bit boring. Maybe a small stat boost to them personally and a bonus to guardsmen near scheme markers?

Whats the best discard causing thing in ressur?

>Vasilisa
>Any attack action taken again friendly puppet minion models within 6 suffers - on attack and damage flips
something like that anyway

here's what I've been working on this week

Reminder that wyrd knows how awful their stuff is to build and take great joy in our suffering

They gotta survive on something.

>not putting Malifaux General into the subject field
>not even having the excuse of "oh shit I confused it with the name field"
JFC literally kill yourself user.

Someone tell me more about this guy? He's a local henchman and it could be relevant to me.

malifaux table top sim mod I've got it up to wave 2

Nice! I have a russkie friend who wanted to try malifaux out!

Wht must dead rider be my fave sculpt but the worst rider?

Im hoping to load malifaux TTS w2 next weekend

Gremlin crier loves hand hate, so does old major. Other than somer how do I engage in hand annhilation?

Really wish they labelled the pieces. There's a bijillion cat heads, legs and tail an I have no idea where half of them go.
Also fuck building the hat.

You mean Trikk?
He's just gobby without the experience to back it up. Try and work out if he's ever actually played with/against a model before taking his advice about it.

I just forgot to put a title in.

Yes, him. So he just likes to theorycraft and talk out of his own ass about it?
Also, what's a gobby?

A gobby is a blowjob. He didnt say "a gobby" though he used it as an adjective in that context it means someone who talks a lot.

>A gobby is a blowjob.
TIL. Thanks.

>So he just likes to theorycraft and talk out of his own ass about it?
>he used it as an adjective in that context it means someone who talks a lot.
Yup, that's what I meant.

As was mentioned last thread, he publicly wrote off McCabe as useless after Nellie's release despitenever having played him because he didn't like the look of his mechanics from reading his card.

And then had the gall to try and evangelise on the forums.

>Really wish they labelled the pieces.
That would be a huge help with these things.
Even if it was just onhte build instructions, they had a labelled photo of the sprue.

I really like the Gunsmith models. What Masters are they best used with?

Ironsides

Or Kaeris for Burning synergy.

If you use her as the primary Burning distributor, you'll need models that can take advantage of that burning.

Has Kaeris gotten any better with the new upgrades?

General consensus seems to be "better than Wave 4, but exactly the same adjusted for new Wave 5 powerlevels".

Still too resource-/AP-intensive, still needs too much set-up, still anti-synergistic (in that you need to spend her AP to set up the finishing moves that you now don't have AP to do).

Still does the cool shit she used to, but the Wave 5 shit didn't'fix' the core problems with her.

Noob to Malifaux here with dumb questions:

>Where can I get book 5? Is it out yet?

>Which set has the physical stat cards printed in the rule book?

>Is there any penalty for vaulting over an obstacle that is shorter or equal a dude's height?

To move over an obstacle you need flight, incorporeal, a similar ability or it needs to be "climbable" in which case it costs movement equal to double its height to get onto the top of it, then you just walk forwards and fall down nice and easy. Climbing doesn't take your own height into account.

When you buy a model you should get the stat cards with it, though the generalist upgrade decks 1 and 2 and broken promises upgrade deck would be good investments.
She can do some ok control stuff now and she can draw 3 cards pretty easily now. Overall it doesn't fix the problem that gremlins do better burning than her (they just have no synergy with it) and her control stuff still isn't really as good as most other control masters.

What about a ht 1 fence or rock wall?
Is it just 2 inches to vault?
Does unimpeded get around that?

Unimpeded ignores severe terrain. I think since models like the mechanical arachnids ignore climbing penalties.

> gremlins do better burning than her

Isn't Merris the only model that gremlins has that does burning?

No.

None of the spiders ignore climbing penalties.

Can you upload the grid somewhere? I need to use that to make my own mat.

Maybe I'm thinking first Ed.

Book 5 isn't out yet, but is slated to be released this month.

Yeah. I think arachnid was a fist Ed thing.

I'd love if the brought it back. I'd like me reasons to use vertical terrain other than deploying from the shadows.

Some mats come with us pre-done. I think one night be my next investment.

Got it any bigger?

I'm too much a skinflint - £35 just seems a bit too much.
Anyone know any (UK/EU) matt sellers that do Malifaux marked mats for £25 or less?

Maybe it's a difference of opinion, but it seems like it's worth the money to get a nice mat without having to draw on it yourself.

Oh, it probably is, I'm probably just being old.

I still don't really like spending more than £5 per model, and a £35 matt is the Parker Barrows or Sandeep box.

It's not like markings on the matt are actually necessary, unlike more toys I don't have time to play with.

Got a Henchman Hardcore tournament coming up soon.
How does thsi sound?

Carlos Vasquez (Cache 4)
+Stunt Double (1)

Cassandra (8)
+Smoke & Mirrors (1)
+Imbued Energies (1)

Performer (5)
Mannequin (4)

Aiming to bomb the centre with Scheme Markers using the Performer and Mannequin, then blow them up to put enemies on --flips to Df and Wp.

How do you guys feel about Marcus and Sandeep's new limiteds? I feel the former is interesting but overshadowed by his usual pick, while the latter has potential. Its finicky but pushes Sandeep into a different build and play style

I personally prefer Mats By Mars, as their mats are marked out for GG2017 rather than just the basic schemes and strats.

I think I'd want one with the basic markings, since all the GG stuff is changing every year.

That is true. However once you have a basic mat it doesn't matter whether you have a standard one or not. The prices for the aformentioned mats are better than the competition when shipping is factored in anways, so I would just go with them for that purpose.

Man, thats insane.

thanks, I've think I'm going to upload it as is, and update it slowly, it's currently up to wave 2.
I will be taking requests for things if something needs to be added or changed

What is this, a grid for ants?

Cool. Got a deck of malifaux cards, too?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1130882854

Still making edits, and updates.

yarp

Righteous, keep us posted.

Oh that's amazing. Thanks man.

I'm strictly traditional about my/gt, but I can respect the work - you're a fucking legend.

thanks, I have friends who live across the states and this was the way I could get to play with them again. I figured if people do it for 40k and someone made a terrible infinity table, why not fill this gap for everyone.

I have mostly used Lackey in the past, but with the TTS mod I may just make the switch.

*Vassal in the past

Do you need any scans of artwork, cards, or text?
Shit looks so cash

Hells yes! getting access to waves 3,4,5 pics that look good or are cropped is way harder than copy pasta wave 1-2 off of wyrds sight / google fu. I'm undecided atm if I'm loading in stat cards and upgrades...

Whoever painted that, do they take commissions?

site*

I don't have the w3 pdf anymore since my device failed. Is it not in the OP anymore?
Don't have pdfs, but the physical books I have are:
-1.5 Rulebook
-Twisting Fate
-Storm of Shadows
-Ripples of Fate
-Broken Promises

Can provide 300-900 dpi scans, though you'd have to adjust brightness/contrast to your liking. Understandable regarding cards, don't want to get too much agro.

well compiling quality individual units (wave3-5) images from the net into an imgur album would be hugely helpful. weather it's compiling or photo shopping the group pic like pic related...

I will generally take what I can get at this point so if you got good scans I wont shake a stick at ya.

For ease of tracking, did you want to start the album with an image you already have?
There were quite a few off to the right that were not edited yet. For knowing what to upload, could I leave them as scans or should I try to crop out the art?

imgur.com/a/FEfIz

might be better if we talked in discord, malifaux general has one, I'll hang there for a bit

Got a two master tournament next month and I'm trying to figure out what will compliment Somer better. The Broken Promises cards are legal, but I don't own any of them.

So, I'm thinking Brewmaster, Wong, or Zipp as a secondary to Somer. What do you guys think I should practice?

>7650x10530 12.1MB
doesn't seem to be taking, may need to rescan in less than 900dpi

any henchmen particularly able to momentarily tank masters?

I'd gladly limit both Pariahs to 4 models if they each came with an extra ability and action.
Additional master options will always be more powerful than more models, and most competitive lists don't take beyond 4 anyway.

?

I fucked up the scan, had to redo it

Well, I better get to practicing Zipp then.

Really haven't figured him out.

Does McCabe's loot bag upgrade allow you to just discard itself to get another upgrade? If so that is nice, as having a net gain of one stone isn't a bad deal if you don't want to keep it there for the whole game.

Yep. You could throw it to someone else and have it swap out for something specific later but there's rarely gonna be a game where you don't want to swap it for a 2 SS piece asap. I would've liked something more exciting than +1SS even if it wasn't exactly good as a sort of alternative playstyle (something that powers McCabe up the more upgrades he has?). But I guess this is technically a buff.

I do like the cloak at least. I have always been jealous of the Hodgepodge Effigy and its floral bonnet. The cloak is going to be tons of fun. As a TT McCabe player it is going to be easy to just swap in the cloak when I need it, and dupe a glowing saber when that offense becomes more of a priority. Though you are right in that something crazier would have been cool. Close combat McCabe isn't a bad deal already I suppose with Misdirection or Francisco.

You can get more than a single extra soulstone by using the terracotta warrior.