Have you ever played a bard as an idol? Why not?

Have you ever played a bard as an idol? Why not?

Local church doesn't look kindly on idolatry

Because PCs are rather unlikely to have huge, modern, wealthy corporate teams managing their image and supplying them with funds in order to appeal to a niche musical subculture of an island nation

But also because fuck celebrity bullshit, idols a shit! A SHIT

>why not

Because that's retarded.

/thread

Not a bard, but my group has played idols in shadowrun in a high profile, lowkey double life campaign where we served as vigilantes rather than shadowrunners
It was fun

There is actually a big indie idol scene in Japan, it's not just a corporate-backed thing.

I've played only three bards.
One was a son of Baal, and you don't roleplay an idol in Baldur's Gate.
Second one was a rat-man, and he was more of a jester.
Third one was in a forum RP, and was banned before he even had his first concert because of a That Admin.

> badwrongfun

I don't play D&D. I once tried to play an idol, but it didn't work out.

>Catholics aren't allowed to have waifus
No wonder protestantism got so popular.

An idol is a model who lip-synchs in a group with 4-16 other girls exactly like her, owned by the mob and discarded when she becomes unprofitable. Who would want to play that?

Angels make better idols.

I think it would be counter productive to adventuring if you were reliant on meet-and-greets, merch sales and tours for most of your income.

>implying saints aren't idols.

The best waifus are dead, and where dead long ago.

Oui

>Gods of celestial spheres fight over influence in the mortal realm, for faith is nourishment and power.
>Strict rules against holy wars and faith inspired violence are established.
>Through unlikely curve of developments Idols become go-to tool of missionary work.
>Team of tireless angelic support staffers, managers, lighting and special effects teams always at hand.
>Best Idols "graduate" by ascend into heaven and worshiped for generations.

what if the tour is the adventure and the adventure is the tour

but mostly I haven't because not enough of the players in any of my groups "get" the concept well enough to even pull off a 3-member unit.

What if I want to be an undead/fiend idol?

Get ready to get countless challenges for idol contests, where you would probably turn to ash if you don't get enough points on some bullshit audience support meter. Also everyone ganging up on you in the royal court variety shows.