EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Old and Busted Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: What pet card do you have that got made obsolete somewhere along the line?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/27-08-17-angry-omnath/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/vroom-vroom-ramos/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Build with your head
Play with your dick

SHOW ME YOUR DINO-HYPE FACE TG!

I'm not going to run Dino tribal
I'm going to run Dino fight club with enrage enablers and dragon eggs

>Dino fight club
I wish MtG had more drawfags.
I'd love an image of Magus of the Arena wrestling a Regisaur Alpha to the ground

hypehypehypehypehype

I'm thinking about doing BU storm mill with Circu.

Any ideas on making it more obnoxious?

To go to prerelease, or to just buy singles?

I will guy to the prerelease to play sealed and have fun, but all cards I am missing after that I wil buy as singles.

TOO FAST

both

>Thread Question
I'm not sure which card precisely made him obsolete, given there's been a slew of more efficient beaters printed since 2006, but Borborygmos isn't nearly as sweet as he once was. I can't bring myself to take him out of my Xenagod list though because my original copy (which I still have, beat to shit but resting easy in a sleeve) was the first real rare I ever had. I was gifted the card at a time where I had no idea what colors I really wanted to play, but rest assured, after that day, I knew my fate was sealed in the Gruul Clans. You can't replicate that kind of sentiment, and thus, Borborygmos will always reside in the ranks of Xenagod's legion of big guys.

Obviously, you have to be playing Aetherflux Reservoir. The card is just too much fun.

Definitely hit the Prerelease.

Lots of exile effects so that you can beat a deck that uses eldrazi and so that you don't just feed your opponents cards that they can use for reanimation or recasting.

>Aetherflux + Exquisite blood

Do I need to play people in Prerelease or can I just get the Prerelease pack and leave?

Oh yeah, for sure. This card's only purpose is to trigger "if you cast a multicolored spell" effects and being retrieved from Reborn Hope.

I still love this card. Beck // Call twice is heaven.

You can do the latter if you're lame.

Guess the deck.

Ghave, Guru of Spores.

You already rushed one thread to bump limit, please stop

Gishath

>found some seller who sold some kamigawa legends
>bought 17 for like 10€
>no idea what to do with them

most of them were green or blue, reki was among them too. guess I can build reki legend storm.

>red
>no black
>Ghave

Oy, what's your favourite monocolored commander?

Uril Bestow.

Exploration as a general is fun.

Reki. He's fun. I don't play him hypercompetitive, but he does work.

Dosan because I don't like my Primal Surge getting countered :(

Three monogreen in a row. How can other monos compete? I used to hate monocolor because I thought they all played the same.

But I found out that if you're willing to lose some of the crazy ramp, green doesn't have to be boring.

This is best Borby.

>that name

still not as great as pic related tho.

Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient with Darretti being a close second.
Love me some artifact shenanigans.

>Snake Umbra+Abundance
Delicious!

Get on my level.

>friend runs bant lifegain commander deck
>all his effects force him to gain life on his upkeep and whenever a white spell is cast
>mfw tainted remedy

my nigga

This guy.

>That Name
Someone was completly drunk while translating this.

>Jin "The Chin" Jan, Augur Man
Good taste.

I created a new deck recently, but stupid me inverted the formula I normally use to determine the starting mana base. I normally use 2 mana stones = 1 land, but went all moron with 1 mana stone = 2 land.

>tfw the only pic I could find had a fucking watermark

You are like little babby

I still can't help but laugh at Wurm-artifactcreaturegamepiece.

hola

Why not "Acht einhalb Schwänze"?

"pirexianos"

Not yet, but soon! Then I will have three Naya decks.

That's hilarious and I love it, but no.

Gahiji Fight Club

That's fucking nothing, the Theros god have some fucked up type lines in german.

Ándale

have you seen sen triplets?

Is Omnath considered a "degenerate" commander?
I'd like to build a deck that included green, since it's the one color I've never used for my decks, but the ones I was considering have really obvious and easy infinite combos, like Animar, and since I know myself I know that I would end up taking that route while building the deck, sooner or later
So I was looking for more more casual commanders and Omnath seems cool. Not weak, with pretty flavorful effects, but without obvious automatic wincons

Is there a powerful combo I'm missing or Omnath is the commander I was looking for?

thanks for sharing

>7 mana
>degenerate
He's strong if he manages to stick.
Otherwise just path him before a board wipe and he does nothing.

Grull isn't the best colors for protecting your creatures, he's way better off as a secret commander in a Naya or Gay Kings deck.

RG Omnath is definitely my favorite of my EDH decks.
He can be very casual but also has room for tuning.
This is my Omnath deck, it has seen many changes over the last year or so and I'm pretty proud of it
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/27-08-17-angry-omnath/
Would recommend

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/vroom-vroom-ramos/

Posted in last thread but looking for more suggestions. Do the Fuse cards always count as each color listed or only if both are played?

No he definitely isn't degenerate.

He's only degenerate if he's just secretly scapeshift in response.

I want to share a story that happened a couple of weeks ago:

>be me
>been playing since 00's during high school
>always casualfag
>always going to pre-re with friends
>time passes
>everyone starts working and is super busy
>every once in a while we get together to play
>rise of EDH
>I make a couple of decks
>try to get my friends to play the format
>no ones wants it
>fug
>too asperger to go to a LGS commander night
>weeks and month passes until I finally get the courage to go
>get completely reck by tron and combo fags
>I'm not a bad player, I just suck at deckbuilding
>learned my lesson of why the deck failed so bad
>it's the sum of not playing with fucking expensive cards (gaea's cradle and the like) and almost everyone at the store was a tryhard but mostly my deck was too casual
>even one guy openly says "i just come here to win and I just did it" casually talking to everyone
>I didn't get frustrated, I even get why I lose and I'm not even mad about it, it's just the general mindset of going to combo as fast as possible
>I had the romanticize idea of EDH of "politics, holding back, friendship, having a good time, spellsling, fucked up interactions"
>nope, just combo on turn 3
>It shock me how competitive an allegely casual format can get

Should I go to another store? Should I keep trying to convince my friends to play EDH? I'm no spike and I'm against expending ridiculous sums of money in one card, I'm in the wrong?

>tfw wotc will never print a card with art like this ever again

IT'S OLD GRANNIES, FAT CHICKS, AND MASCULINE WOMEN IN BULKY ARMOR FROM HERE ON OUT, BOYS.

He's strong but not broken, like, you can't do shit against shit like Hermit Druid but in a normal playgroup he pulls some wonderful crap. Wish there was a Jund lands.dec general.

EDH requires the right playgroup. Nothing wrong with any playstyle until you start imposing it on others. You are well within your rights to simply not play at a shop that is overtly competitive.

I don't think you'll have much luck convincing friends. Try other shops, look at meetups in town, shop around. You can also see if there's any peeps also playing more lax EDH.

I want either a jund lands general or a jund -1 counters commander.

I get that we just came from a desert plane so bikinis weren't in season, but there's plenty of cheesecake in the last couple of sets and will be in this set.

Vampires continue to be sexy without even needing to show skin.

maybe one day there'll be enough of that to play screaming women tribal.

also,

IMO the standard of cheesecake should be Burning-Tree Emissary.

I wish she looked more fucked up. It is like people who prefer the new Bloodbraid Elf. Like, fuck, can my savages look less pristine please? Not a feather out of place? Fuck this.

>he didn't read the flavor text
It's an intentional look. Here's some good mussed Gruul cheesecake. Radha 2.0 PLEASE

>that horrendous sneering manface
>cheesecake
Nope

These are the ones the Gruul send into the main parts of the city when they have to deal with the other guilds in civil discussion. The Azorious probably won't admit anyone more mussed up than that.

Fuck off

In you go into Ruric Punisher or just red punisher stuff in general.

My friend plays Karlov Soul Sisters. He's gonna HATE this.

>Ferocidon
>Angersaurus
>Meanadactyl

Don't you have a spoiler thread to shit up?

>got a chronicles concordant crossroads and pic related for a total of 20€

some cards on the reserved list are pretty.. interesting.

I knew someone was gonna bring that up. It is a complete retcon of the original Gruul, which was much more one dimensional. And even still, there's a difference between dignified shaman and runway model. I don't hate the art, but you get my nitpicking.

Radha is by far the sexiest magic card. I'm not even kidding. I might make her a deck and claim it is because of how efficient she is, but it is secretly due to a gross lust towards cardboard.

I'll run it in Chandra. Fun with Embermaw Hellion and similar.

At least he's in the best colors for getting rid of it each time it rears its feathery head.

>using Radha to pump herself with Kessig Woof Run so she can fuck people harder.

There's a reason why I take a twenty minute one way detour to play Commander at one scene instead of going to the two that are about a five minute detour total both ways.

Incredibly competitive Commander is the worst format. Commander where the players aim to play is one of the best.

>that fucking name and image
Perfect. Really really perfect.

>tfw Radha will never fuck you with her foot long futa cock
Why live.

CUTE

>Perfect for a pirate deck
>Doesn't have the colors for a pirate deck

Fuck it

>oh my god the words pirate are on this card
>that means it's perfect for pirate tribal
God I fucking hate pushed tribes

You can but shouldn't. Buy a prerelease pack online if that is your plan. Its no fun for anyone to get a round one bye because someone dropped

>planeswalker spits out on-tribal tokens that benefit from board buffs
>FUCKING PUSHED TRIBES WHY ISNT KITHKIN PUSHED REEEEEE

Hey, i want people to not play magic while i do, and i want them to hate me but i also want to have the power to withstand a focus of 3 people. What commander do i run? I was thinking about the azorious fun police himself but don't know much about stax

OG Vraska makes assassin tokens. Is she in Assassin tribal? Go fuck yourself.

>I want people to not play magic while I do

easy, go into a supermarket or something and start playing magic against yourself.

First Iconic master cards are spiled, pretty lame so far.

Are there assassin lords? Go fuck yourself

>horizon canopy
>lame

maybe it will finally drop below savannah, pricewise.