Ixalan/XLN Spoilers

When Conqueror of Battle enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a card named Conqueror of Battle, reveal it and put it into your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards.

So, how likely is mono U aggro gonna be a T1 deck?

this seems pretty good

I feel like Squadron Grey Ogre probably needs a keyword or other additional ability of some kind to make me want to play it, but maybe my instinct is wrong.

so worse squadron hawk?

like lifelink

Sure, or first strike or something.

Not very, expect it to splash white or black for some extra dudes and removal. I do expect some deck with Favorable Winds to be viable though.

Which White or black creatures would it use?

Man, the more I see these vampires the more their spears, swords and helmets look like Avacyn's spear. Coincidence?

Whatever good, cheap fliers are available. Kitesail Freebooter, Kinjallis Sunwing, Duskborne Skymarcher if there's more playable vampires.

Lets kill these dinosaurs, fellow Amigos friends, for our Queen Isabel!

Yes. Creative came up with the split-in-two helmet design in the first place because it had a fang-like motif. Then it spread to spears, swords and other pieces of equipment.

Meanwhile, Avacyn's Moonsilver Spear is just her holy symbol elongated into a spearhead. They're not connected.

Great with Oketra's monument, though.

Also, didn't someone on reddit claim it's 'any number of cards named ~'? I've seen both translations, are we confident which one it is?

It'd make sense considering Squadron Hawk.

Who here is hype for DFC lands? I sure as shit am.

Yep. And I recall squadron hawk was worded as it is because they wanted to keep the number of shuffling per match down

Hoping for something that flips into Tolarian Academy

>Coincidence?
Yes.

Kek, from the thumbnail I thought it was a vampire from Ixalan

>Jace not only traveled to a different plane, he also went to centuries in the future Innistrad

I don't know why this made me laugh so hard.

I love the current standard metagame so much I don't even want this pure reddit set with le ebin Dinosaurs and Pirates to release.

Just let me play Grixis control in piece

Hyped just for Gaea's Cradle since I can't afford buy a real one

Agree with your friends to only play BFZ-SOI-KLD-AMK standard then.

are you even looking at the new blue cards? Control is gonna be insane.

I'm betting that some obscure combination of dinosaur cards we're yet to decipher will create a degenerate and unstoppable aggro/midrange deck that will dominate Standard for the next year.

you mean like Temur energy and and RDW are now?

Where are the merfolk?

What's a cheap good standard deck that can be upraged for modern?

What about UW spirits? I'm more a B (or G and U) guy though.
Should I wait until Ixalan releases?

Unicorn tribal.

define cheap

No intention of opening that can of worms again, but THAT is what a female human looks like in magic now? oh. my. god. this is as absurd as it is depressing.

€100 or less.

>Conditionally better Mana Leak.
Blue is pretty stronk in Ixalan.

>Pirated Manaleak

They are fangs

I hate this dumb memeset so much

In the river.

My least favorite is the sentence ending in ellipses as if the sentence got interrupted by the image disproving it.

?

Black doesn't get counter...

I hate this shit. Awful meme format.

I'm having trouble following this conversation

I guess this is the anti vampire sideboard?

Strong enrage enabler

It does literally nothing for enrage, try again.

rtfc

This guy
is just bringing up something he hates. First it saying what it is, the second is an example.

>Oh shit guys, look at all these worms I found!
That definitely appears to be a dwarf, though. I don't know that I hate it more than the random neckbeards on champions' cards, but not good.

I'll be honest man, I think you have brain damage.

The card's cool by me. I'm tired of black hogging all the punisher effects.

Woops.

Vampires and merfolks seems a Little undertone for now compared to pirates and dinos, hope to see smthng better.

Trinket Text Trumpet Blast. Strong in 2 Headed Giant.

Will lose me games in Limited. Will be thrown away unceremoniously after each draft.

again, the flavor would sound better without the middle text: "If you're in the way of a ceratops charge, you're not really in the way."

Enrage enabler, noice

Pretty good

Strong delirium enabler

that gives us a Bolt in standard

What is zapping his eye? A bug?

Yes? Was that question rhetorical? It is clearly a bug.

"Target opponent".

This pisses me off so much. They clearly don't have someone working on proofreading flavour text and it's fucking infuriating.

Could this replace Sulfuric Vortex in legacy Burn? Easier to remove, but deals a lot more damage.

I feel like their proofreader is the most insufferable That Guy fuck and responded to with "What if you're a Darksteel Colossus? Then you're in the way, aren't you?"

>Doesn't play free for all casual with friends
What are you, friendless?

but flavor for the cards is usually from the perspective of the subject of the card unless specified otherwise via a quote or similar. The charging ceratops are supposed to be boisterous, meaning that they would like to imagine that they could trample a darksteel colossus.

I would have preferred something like "It'll take more than flesh and bones to stop a ceratops charge", this just feels too wordy.

Into gisa and geralf it goes

Interesting. It's basically a supreme will dig-mode land. Good for control. Gives a mana outlet if there was nothing to counter/remove.

yes, a beetle

Aren't we supposed to get the full spoiler today?

My dick grew 3 sizes just now.
This set has me wanting to brew so many decks, only to die to the improved RDW.
All I'm hoping for now is a busted high CMC white, blue or black spell to go into my Esper Servo Improvise deck that uses Sram's Expertise to sneak in Inspiring Statuary for dank improvise memes

Isn't it next friday?

you mean besides merfolk being built as early aggro vs all other archetypes diluted to requiring ramp/mana fixing to get to the turn 3 first play taht gets 2 mana countered?

I don't see the point.

I think it is supposed to make it funny.

Goddamn this thing is busted.

At its worst, it's a free Scry 1 per turn that can feed your graveyard. In many decks it'll be a reliable Rampant Growth without much effort and without needing to splash green, perfect for a control deck. The Impulse ability may actually be the worst part of the card, and it's still really good to have. And since both sides are good, I can see decks running a full set.

>6 fucking mana
I mean, that ult is cool and I like the minus but shit, dude.

>cmc 6
Ouch, not a good start. At least the 6 loyalty are good.

Making tokens on the + is nice, especially as it's +2. She's not easy to kill with damage, at least.

The - is great too, a nice catch-all. Wish it was exiling though, to remove gods. Ramping you with the treasure is a nice extra

It's nice that she ults after 3 turns, though.

Hey, finally. A cheaper actually aggro dino

That's pretty good. 6 loyalty, + ability makes good attackers, - ability is great removal.

>6 mana

THEY LITERALLY FUCK UP EVERY SINGLE TIME

I wish the tokens had a bit more impact, especially since the dinosaur bitch shits out 3/3 trample tokens.

Why are you all complaining about her cmc? She would be busted if she was cheaper.

Mmm my bad...but vampires seems to overcosted than the other 3 and don't have mana lessening spells for now.

Menace is pretty good, I'd argue better than trample if you want a threat. The shitty thing about Vraska is that she's not really in pirate colors to take advantage of all the support unless you are heavily shitting out treasure tokens to fix or build a fucking 4 color mana base.

Because Veeky Forums is bad at evaluating cards.

Dinosaur bitch also makes the tokens on her +0 while Vraska gets +2. That's a pretty huge upside.

Obviously she'd be scaled down if she cost less, but 6cmc for a walker with minimal board impact the turn it drops is pretty poor in most decks.

I don't understand why any of you WANT good or playable planeswalkers. They're the worst card types in the game, and most likely to be pushed to sell packs and ruin Standard

Overcosted for what they do.
Also it seems they lacks smthng but i don't know what.

not everyone is complaining, but in my opinion she is wprth the 6 mana, but not worth the hassle to play a 6 mana spell.

>I want pushed planeswalkers!
>Gideon Tribal is good for Maigc!
>KTK-BFZ's $100 BabyJace meta was great!