No funposting allowed.

>Konor Campaign, fucken rigged
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=Cadr8WJwjyU

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/08/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-rivals-sep-8gw-homepage-post-3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Tau!

>no nazis or commies allowed
You mean no nazis. Communism is a beautiful ideology, just look at how well it worked in Cuba.

1st for we are the night!

Repostan:

Leaks of the 9 new datasheets from Codex DG:

Mortarion
Foulstench Flatullent (Back canister guy)
Toxicspew Injectocary (Apothecary)
Festulent Reckoner (Tallyman)
Plaguecrawler Pusmortar (Tank)
Plaguecrawler Gutslimer (Alt build for tank)
Malaisereaper Deathshrouds (Terminators)
Festermaggot Deathshrouds (alt build for Terminators)
Slimegarden Plaguesower (40k version of snail man)

>++God damn Tau got here before us!!++

Motherfucker you forgot Slopmaw Maggotmancers.

Nth fer sneaky gits wot look like terrain

>Report submitted!

Don't shit up another thread.

Even Age of Sigmar would be embarrassed to have those names

Post armies or factions you don't play, but would like to.

Only one shitting up the thread is nazi /pol/tards like you. Go back, stormweenie.

>gaming at local store
>parent comes in with kid buying magic
>end up getting warning for using inappropriate language

i was only talking about how I gave my eldar the D so they could beat off my buddy's nob

How would one go about building a army of the fallen? Should i use the chaos space marine rules or the basic space marine rules

>"The recent autumnal weather has been ideal for an ‘indoor’ retailer like the toys chain Games Workshop, which, amazingly, now has a higher market cap than once mighty Debenhams (£530mln plays £480mln)."
Ah yes the so called autumnal weather

Trying to come up with a more casual tau list.
Rate my [spoilers] 75 power [/spoiler] list.

Battalion
Ethereal 2p
Fireblade 2p

10 firewarriors 6p
10 firewarriors 6p
10 firewarriors 6p

3 stealth suits 6p
fusion blaster, markerlight and target lock, homing beacon
3 cryisis suits 11p
all three have two burst cannons and counterfire defense systems

2 boardsides 18p
heavy rail rifles, 2 smart misslies and early warning override each

Supreme command detachment
Commander 6p
4 fusion blasters
Commander 6p
4 plasma guns
Commander 6p
3 missile pods and an advanced targeting system
75/75

There are two groups, the stealth suits help the fusion, missile commanders and the suits drop down and everyone else sits in a ball in the back.

Please for the love of Christ don't take the bait

(N)Either works, both can use Fallen units.
They are equally useless for both sides.

>How would one go about building a army of the fallen?
Pretty much just squads of Fallen, Cypher and maybe some vehicles as support. Fluffwise it'd be a little weird for the Fallen to gather en masse like that, they're more like an adjunct to another force.

Aha! I KNEW I saw variations in the tanks.

>yfw Abaddon's ultimate fate is to become a mindless Chaos Spawn cursed by all 4 Gods
>yfw Guilliman strikes him down with his blazing sword and puts him out of his 10,000 year-long misery

ADB on suicide watch

Can someone give me a good rundown of what is "good" for Tau?

Like, would a limited number of Fire Warriors with several Commanders and Crisis Suits still be decent?

Yeah but it's boring as fuck.

Bet abbadons room is messy

Arguably so is Green Tide and Conscript spam; at least Commander spam is quicker about it.

>tfw you will never deep strike into the backfield and penetrate the rear armour with your boss nob ever again

Not sure if it's more points for the 12 warriors or the drones but with the suits that can fire on deep strikers you'd be better off taking plasma over the burst cannons. You lose half your shots but you're definitely going to kill what you hit.

I'd say you'd be better running the multi-tracker than the -1 AP so your missiles all hit.

Not gonna. Did what I should.

Deathwatch. I like freehanding chapter symbols.

How fluffy is this Raptors + Elysian army?
In short, Raptors scout/infiltrate then gets drop support from the Elysians

Setup
Game starts with flyers, Platoon Commander, MotF and the Drop Troopers on the ground
Scouts scout
Lias, the Lt and the vets all hide in the shadows

Turn one
Lias and his posse appears
The Scouts gets support from the Elysian snipers
The Company Commander and the command squads either support Lias or drops on some other high-value target

Plasma could potentially wait until turn two, giving Lias a turn to deface their bubblewrap

>snailman is in 40k
There is a god

What? I loved that playstyle.

A few elite commanders with squads of crisis suits getting up close and in your face, is absolutely amazing fun.

Throw in 2 devilish with breaches or pulse carbine fire warriors, and go kick in greenskin teeth with that bonus to hit in CC, or die an honourable death for the Greater Good.

If you didn't find that fun, you won't find anything fun.

>6 fliers

Have Helbrutes edged Preds out for the Death Guard's AT/heavy support now, with the new rules?

>lovingly infiltrate a vibro cannon into the enemy's rear guard

Too much?
Feels fluffly imo but might see a bit too WAAC, partially why I asked

What?
Fliers aren't the "always hit on 6s" boogiemen that they were in 6th/7th.
And they even have to give up -1 to hit to get the Hard to hit and Airborne rules.

THROBBING
GUARDIAN
SPEARS

When I did my Tau army, I wanted battlesuits. I have about 30-40 Fire Warriors because everyone needed troops.

Generally you're gonna be sitting guys on an objective and camping in cover. If anything gets within 18 inches, you pound the shit out of it with triple-shots. Another nice thing is to screen just in range with gun drones so you can get them to have about 15" of range for triple-shots. I'd often stick a XV84 commander with a Drone Controller and 2 Missile Pods in with the gunline so all the hordes of drones hit on 4+ and I have 10 shots against medium toughness enemies and I can always have a starting Markerlight hit for really packing on the bonuses for the other targets, such as setting up for a deep strike attack and getting melta suits or plasma suits that wonderful re-roll 1s without having to dedicate multiple Markerlights.

Always take a pathfinder team for the pulse drone.

They have in a lot of legions I think, AL too.

You forgot the new character Mr. Poopybutthole

Admittedly, I am making killteams for each faction I want to play without hoarding them like my main army.

Looks like. I'm honestly surprised one legion/chapter, chaos or loyalist, didn't get something a bit more tankcentric honestly.

Some people just hold a grudge against things for a long time. There are people who still hate GK because of that time back in 5th edition when they were OP, and don't want GK to be anywhere near viable ever as a result.

I'm interested to see if there won't be a thing for IG that buffs vehicles somehow, to facilitate armored companies.

They might not be as obnoxious as in 7th, but they're still pretty damn strong. Six is definitely the sort of number you see in cheesy tournament lists, for example.

I mean, it's not nearly as strong given the way boots on the ground works, and the flyers chosen. Hell, on a small board it might get crowded.

Where has this leak come from?
Looks take.

>dem names
Although the Thousand Sons release was significantly smaller, we escaped with no terrible named units.

Flyers start on the table now, and they no longer have fire arcs, and twin-linked weapons double shots rather than granting rerolls. You can combine this with reroll auras of course.

Also, because of "abstraction", flyers can now actually block models from moving past them, because of the 1" rule. So you can really say "Fuck you" to Orks and Tyranids, because you can have a flyer be both "on the ground" (can't move past it to get to objectives) and "airborne" (cannot assault it) at the same time.

Also, 40k is strict IGOUGO, and Flyers are fast enough to get into alphastrike position. Cover is weaker than most any edition. If you don't go first, or run Conscripts/Brimstones plus characterspam/mass Deepstrike, you get to sit there and get Leafblowered, because 8th also removed Reserves as a core rule.

And yes, I'm tripcoding.

So will double lightning claw termies ever get their points back?
I wanted my alpha legion to be pretty elite so I was thinking 2 five man wolverine squads with icon of wrath in my 1850 list

so are we gonna see some new units with the Admech codex or nah? why/why not?

Well I see your point but the army is supposed to be Raptors-styled, utilizing infiltration, hit- & run tactics etc etc.
It would seem kinda odd if they're allying with the Elysians to utilize an airborne armys fast deployment but won't use their fliers

And yeah, if my plan was to spam fliers I wouldn't bring this army
Would tell my opponent I'll be bringing a few fliers so he's prepared, only playing with friends anyway

Well, maybe. But given the sort of lists 8E tournaments have tended to see so far, (even after that FAQ,) felt it best to make you aware that plonking 6 fliers on the table may make your opponent think "tournament list". Depends if you're happy with giving that impression to some people.

>And yes, I'm tripcoding.
why

>local faggot trips, news at 11.

The biggest problem with Chaos Termies is how they're forced into 5 man squads now.

215 points for choppy termies is a bit much, but you're gonna get more mileage out of the Icon of Excess than the Icon of Wrath. Unless your area meta has less Imperium.

Omega tank destroyer. Based on rules re plasma weapon, do rerolls counter the rolling one rule?

>look mom, I started an argument
Sorry

Yeah as I mentioned above I'm only gonna play with friends at my local and I'll definitely tell them to bring a bit of anti-air
What would be less WAAC but stay as fluffy? Switch the Xiphons to something else that's good anti-armour and anti-air? Couldn't find anything that fits Raptors better

That first character name is clearly b8. Change the second half of it and repost, should have better luck with it.

True, I'd much rather have 3 squads of 3 than 2 of 5

Is the Nobz in a 'naut strat no longer a meme?

Yes. via Captains, etc.

>we want to streamline the rules and make them easier to use
>so getting the info for one unit will require flipping back and forth between at least 4 different pages

Its a decent strat, Nobz can be killy if they get the charge and are properly equipped and 'Nauts are not bad in this edition and can act as a very tough transport. I dont think its like a must take combo but now it works and you're not crippling yourself by using these units.

The biggest flaw with it is that its only 24" on the range, but I still may either buy one or make one out of a Land Raider for a Primaris army. I feel the Sicarans fit well into Primaris stuff.

Primaris Predators, if you will.

It's a mega laspred. Give it two lascann sponsons and fire off 5 lascannon shots, three kinda souped up, for 220 points or only 30 more than quadlas Predator. Those extra 5 points over mounting an extra lascannon on a Predator buy more wounds, faster move and the ability to use three of your lascannons as plasma guns.
Pretty good, as tanks go, since laspreds with Killshot were already the gold standard for anti-tank.

Also, yes rerolls do negate plasma explosions.

Pretty shit desu sempai, all the Sicarians are kinda meh. The punisher gets outclassed by a few razorbacks, the strike Tank is waaaaay inferior to the scorpius, and this plasma one is a worse deredeo.

There's at least a niche for the original two, but they still are not efficient. Sad, they're damn good models and my 30k ones always did well

Should they be given Big Choppas to save points and chunk down monsters/multi wound infatry and swarms? Or should I cash out and give em klaws and killsaws for maximum wreckage?

The tragedy is I cannot tell if is real or not

Last time spamming this, r8 my scheme.

Does "Farsiders" sound good?

The older the marine, the greener their chest decoration due to rust

in guessing the knights in the admech codex are going to have a few extra weapons/configs and be able to have a forgeworld keyword so they can be repaired, and gain reroll benefits from forgeworld characters. whereas regular knights will have the same weapons and have access to "character" knights with relics and warlord traits.

Yeah, saw that now, sorry for being a dick, playing with friends is obviously fine.

As for what fits raptors, I'd go for more snipers (maybe rounding out to a battalion as you already have 2 HQs) and maybe some land speeders myself, but that's my personal mental image of them. The difficulty with talking about such a pragmatic chapter is a lot of stuff does fit them.

And the penitent company aka the proxy death company

>Does "Farsiders" sound good?
Its not the worst, but I feel like its not quite right either. Whats the Chapter gimmick?

How about the Outsiders? Farsiders makes it sound like Garius Larsonus might lead them to battle with cow abhumans

I just don't understand how termies are supposed to ever get their points back
Even with 2 wounds they are going to die the turn they deepstrike, and while they will eat a lot of fire they need to do some damage, the only builds I see are
>combi bolters and a flamer to hose down hoards, kill half your points worth if you're lucky
>combi plasma/melta to try and vapourize something really juicy like a knight titan or some tanks, melta with warp time support seems okay
>lightning claws for lots of attacks to do the melee equivilant of combi bolters for light and heavy infantry shredding
No matter what I just feel like they could never justify their points other than cool factor

They are fleet based and primarily focused on helping other factions in their fleets, no on waging open war on the field.

I also thought about Scarlet Suns and Repudiators

>Jokaero Tools

Yes, barring hit penalties. If you fire on the move and roll a 2, you wouldn't get to reroll if it's "reroll 1s", since rerolls precede die mods. The 2 then becomes a 1 and then you suffer the mortal wounds.

>Scarlet Suns and Repudiators
I like those better, they fit in nicely with other Chapter names.

Killshot is bonkers, I hope guard gets some sort of "fuck your armour this turn" strat this November

Magic Juggler! You absolute madmen.
hello good sir.
You are right.

Kek

Which
I can't recall any units that meeded more than army rules+datasheet

Probably not. If we were going to, we'd probably know something by now in terms of rumor engine or something.
Hold out for FoC.

Scarlet Suns sounds more vanilla to me, the problem is, they are called Suns that are Scarlet in color....

And Repudiators I also like but then I might make them radicals like the Templars, and friends of the Hereticus.

My only worry with the name is that it has to sound Imperial and will configure the lore. I want to build something that can blend perfectly in the 40k universe, and I picture what would I do if I wanted to include these guys in the next GW videogame or Codex as canon.

Repudiators has a nice ring to it, I like that one

If you want a fluffy army I'd use them as support for Chaos Cultists considering it's vary rare for Fallen to gather in numbers, ever.

So maybe 2 or 3 squads and then just cultists and vehicles.

Which looks better?

A seems like the gold pops out more.

B is pleasant all around

Not him bit know Chaos sorcerers have their rules, spells, some force weapons, and the army-wide rule on separate pages.

But what kind of loser doesn't have their army-wide rule memorized by now?

I would do the backpack ends the same blue but make one knee pad red. It's a comfy asf scheme, though a bit wolfish

Which is sad. Take the Dunecrawler give its top more of a firing platform look via a new sprue. Release it as a new dual kit as a 5-6 man Skittle open top transport.

AdMech would buy it up.

Up to you.
Bit man do i hate thowing away 3s to hit

So why don't the alpha legion have a grudge against the imperial fists and ultramarines for killing their primarch?

Personally I'm hoping for a similar stratagem for Admech's Dunecrawlers, or maybe something that boosts their shield rerolls when they're together. Dunecrawlers are pretty good and versatile tanks as is, but they're one of our only good sources of anti-tank firepower and they're only about three lascannon each. More shots or something would easily be worth blowing 3CP on just for a "fuck that thing in particular" button.

No worries, that wasn't even me
Yeah, they're flexible alright; also planned an all-Raptors army that uses two Land Speeder Storms and two squads of snipers.
The problem with removing the Xiphons is I'd need something else that can take care of armour and air but fire platforms don't feel very Raptors-y compared to fliers

So you think that army would be fine playing casually with? If so I might keep the fliers but change something else to get more snipers and land speeders, thanks

I'd say A constrasts more but B makes the gold pop more

>killing their primarch
That's what they want you to think. Why do you think they're not holding a grudge?

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/08/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-rivals-sep-8gw-homepage-post-3/

Not what I expected at number 1, I have to say. Along with that regimental standard article about the penultimate konor planet, are GW building up to something?