Will you look at that scholar...

>Will you look at that scholar. He spent centuries acquiring knowledge about the world and his magical devices are a sight to behold

>That stalwart person may not look immense, but he is a selfless champion of the common cause. I might not like the rules they represent, but they are for our own good.

>Those creatures are in touch with the world, although they do not fit well in civilized society. They help repair the damage humanity inflicts on nature and are completely self-sufficient.

>These free peoples have passionate souls. Their might is admirable, but they are unruly and best left to their own devices.

>My god, what an edgy black-clad shitter. Must be going through a phase or something. A burden to society, a testament to bad taste, autism given form.

Every fucking time

Is dat mah nigga Kamahl?

I like your writing, but I'm confused by your editorial. What or who are you criticizing? WOTC? Their writers? Richard Garfield? MtG players?

well, you know, just cause something LOOKS evil doesn't mean it IS evil.

He is criticizing the general attitude towards black by the more uneducated players who think 'black = evil and edge.'

Perhaps if the dead are rising from the grave to kill the living, you should ask why there is such a massive infusion of negative energy..

Could it be that the others are repressing their agony and hatred and all that bad blood and animosity has to go somewhere?

Perhaps we are too tolerant of each others faults, unwilling to say what it is we really feel about each other's faiths. Maybe we see in others a change we would like to make in ourselves as we feel ourselves stagnate. Maybe, just maybe, there is a little hate and animosity in everyone and everything.

Everyone knows that blood must feed the soil. There is as much blood on the plow as there is on the sword.

I feel I've been coddled and not taught how to fight. I can not defend myself from others aggression and am seething under others patronage.

I seek refinement in my ways and manner. I take pleasure in the complex and ethereal and grow weary of nature's rustic charms.

It be him indeed

This

You are only allowed to address edginess "ironically" or risk being ridiculed by people of superior taste, despite it being a part of the setting and let's be honest, a major selling point of a good portion of franchises.

I crave knowledge of the carnal and forbidden. I seek to live a life of passion and tire of introspection.

>implying I am not edgy
>implying my favorite color is not red
jokes on you OP

I am tired of being on the losing team. There is no justifying these ends and the returns on the price of my soul continue to diminish.

I seek to add some luster to my soul, if only to make it more tempting.

Black is like corporations, it mean power at any cost, people may think they do it because they are evil, but it's infuse on their nature. They don't do it because is evil

I agree. There must be some sense that black Belongs on the color pie.

>filename not "slavatar"
why live

People are not averse to violence, but rather to selfishness. No matter how ridiculous their excuses are, they are still more appealing to them than somebody acting egoistically

Redpill me on the colours Veeky Forums

What do they stand for gameplay and lore wise?

Obviously I could go on tvtropes and shit but I want dat Veeky Forums opinion

It is because they know they will torture themselves if they do. They will never know a moments satisfaction if you can not silence their conscious..

There isn't much to add on the matter, since it gets shifted around from time to time and people constantly refer to the wheel when designing cards.

Personally, I feel there is no "good" color, as white casually raises the dead and uses weapons of mass destruction. Also, balancing things our is hard, for example a conflict between a blue scholar and a red thug - conditions change drastically, depending on whether the combatants are within rusty knife's reach from one another.

Being mean to mean people is apparently fine, although I'm not sure morals work like that

I mean, you can boil down the colors to one word that encapsulates everything good and bad about them, SORT OF.

White- Order. Everything has to be the same. That means that people are equally valued but also equally expendable. That's why government systems that oppose one another like democracy and communism are both white- they have the same goal of equality but go about in vastly different ways.

Blue- Knowledge. Blue wants to know things and learn things. Sometimes they're teachers, spreading their knowledge. Sometimes they're spies, covertly gathering information. Sometimes they're uncaring dissectors, committing untold needless cruelties in the name of science.

Black- Self. Black knows that the world is a cruel and uncaring place, and the only way to survive is to look out for number one. Sacrifices and atrocities mean very little when they get you more time in existence. Many will judge you for your choices, but you know that you're right.

Red- Emotion. Red feels rather than thinks. The gut feeling, the instinct, the whims of emotion- all are equally valid ways to interpret the world. Generally in game this translates to fire and rage, but creativity, love, and joy are also integral parts of Red.

Green- Nature. Very little separates the man from the beast- birds walk on two legs, some moles are hairless, parrots can speak, etc. Green knows that humans are just as much a part of the natural world as the rest of ecosystem, so works to not only integrate themselves and others into the ecosystem, but by extension protecting and fighting for nature is really fighting for people. Granola munching hippies are very Green- they'll preach about peace and nature, but they'll also violently destroy 'abominations' to nature, ranging from oil barons and deforestation to vaccines and modern medicine.

Most people who like black like it for that very reason. The same reason people who like Gruul like quoting Borby or people who like U roleplay as a insufferable cunt.

Blue is, incidentally, not the nerd, but the rich kid who's got everything sorted out for him.

White is that guy that went to Sunday school and got really uncomfortable for no reason

Green is a cheerful guy with wife and kids who's fun to hang around with, when he hasn't got some family responsibilities, which is not too often

Red is a Chad that stole your girlfriend a beat you up while you were missing a landrop

Black is you typical /b/tard who sold the last liver of his soul for that ultra realistic anime doll and advertises atheism along with respect towards women

Not my fault even a good person who is a black character isn't preferable to a good character in other colors. We had what? Toshiro and Maralen and they both were doing good because the situation they found themselves in.

Why should they do good? Adhering to the rule of cool is enough

I can't believe you started with Blue and went counterclockwise. Are you stupid or something?

You see, it's not like I needed them in that precise order to make a point

Because a character being good is usually the easiest way not to be edgy in the bad way?
Nearly every black character who is a villain keeps going overboard with being evil and it's pretty unimpressive.

That's the problem - that Lawful Stupid is not considered distasteful in the same way so people go for the easy option

But it is. Chad is probably the least liked member of the Gatewatch and arguably the one with the worst cards. It's just that black has probably the highest number of characters that are just cunts or edgelords and they are treated like they deserve.

I don't know about your sources, people in my LGS are excited to play Gideon tribal under the new rules, and Jace still gets away with mediocre cards by having a few good ones in the past, but Garruk quickly went to shit and is now an unplayable boogeyman

Another problem is the overabundence of Black villains as opposed to merely antagonists or even protagonists.

Liliana is a protagonist, but she intentionally straddles the line.
Bolas is a villain
Ob Nixilis is a classic villain that revels in his villainy.
Tezzeret was a prick even before he got mindwiped and is a pawn of Bolas now.
Sorin is a protagonist as long as the setting in question has deep importance to him.
Garruk has been cursed into villainy
Ashiok hasn't fucking done anything, but he's an antagonist at least.
Vraska was an antagonist, but Ixalan may turn her good begrudgingly.

So that's one protagonist that barely qualifies, one that only cares about a select few planes/people, and an antagonist that MIGHT be redeemed.

Compared to four straight up villains and a few antagonists that MIGHT show up later.

>Ashiok
>A gender

Ah fuck lol. I always try to stay ambiguous when referring to everyone's favorite nightmare mage, but sometimes it slips past me.