Just add zombies

So I've been experimenting with an AFMBE campaign set in Roman occupied Britain. Outside of using Hadrians wall, I'm actually kind of stumpt as to how to keep that interesting, but that's probably because I don't often act as GM/not creative. Anyone else experimented with zombies throughout history?

I did one during the Weimar Republic, where all the Jews, Communists and other undesirable minorities turned into Zombies. The characters were supposed to be hired by an Austrian NPC with the dilletante template who had a solution, but somehow I never managed to get any players.

I did one during the Boer War where all the Dutch turn into Zombies. The characters get hired by Lord Kitchener to create a solution but somehow I never found any players.

I'm curious, how did the plague work on/effect these particular groups? Or is plague not even applicable here?

I did one in Srebrenica 1995 where all the Muslims turn into Zombies. The characters get hired by Radovan Karadžić to find a solution but somehow I never found any players.

Host it on roll20 and I'll join.

A spell by an evil Wizard.

Tell me more. Who was the evil wizard? What kind of magic?

His name was Glorbug the Great and it was powerful magic.

Was he objectively evil, or did he have an agenda? Too bad noone shows up to things, im fucking hooked.

No, the evil Wizard would really just have caused all that and then vanished again, as Wizards are apt to do, leaving humanity to deal with their terrible deeds.

What have you got for now?

The party are an outsourced group of Hibernian mercenaries contracted to help guard/police Londinium while most of the 9th legion advances to the north frontier. When they arrive, they see smoke and assume the city is being seiged, and they are technically right. I'm going to direct them towards a fortified bath house, but a fire breaks out. Obviously they'll want to leave, but I'm not sure if I should tether them to the city somehow or let them sprint out into the wilderness.

Oh thats funny, I did one set in my High-school where all the girls and cool kids turn into Zombies. The characters get hired by me to find a solution but somehow I never found any players.

Yeah I'm working on one where your good friend Breivik invites you to a fishing trip to Utoya but I'm not totally sure what happens then. But probably Zombies.

>all the Jews, Communists and other undesirable minorities turned into Zombies
>the Dutch turn into Zombies
>all the Muslims turn into Zombies
>all the girls and cool kids turn into Zombies

I love AFMBE. I only ever get to run it in a modern setting though. Although I did write up a game set in 1480's Wallachia where all the peasants are turned into zombies and the players are knights sent to kill them but somehow I never found any players.

Zombies are, at heart, a power fantasy for bitter losers. These posters are just either taking the piss or being honest about it.

Isn't that essentially the core use of Zombies as a plot device?

>it's beautiful, isn't it?

I see where you're coming from, but they also make for good survival horror; assuming that can be pulled off successfully.

>It's a Trump Wall campaign where all the Mexicans are turned into zombies

Also everyone who didn't vote for Trump. Or you make a Democrat campaign where all the Trump voters get turned into Zombies. Isn't that pretty much the state of US politics?

So tell me Veeky Forums. How do you like you're zombies? Bioweapons? Plague? Curse? Magical slaves?

That doesn't even sound half bad
>It's a Trumpguard vs Antifa campaign

You have a pretty biased view. Ist escapism plain and simple.

Sure you have guilt free violence but the main point is the destruction of the old order and a "fresh" Start.

That being said I think a Classical scenario might work the best.

A bunch of normies in a small town and then the Apoc hits. Slow Zombies but about 15% of them have rudimentary intelligence to keep it fresh.

Definitely cursed, with a few sentient ones tossed in to make players uncertain as to whether or not they're gonna get jumped by something that can [i]think[/i].

Depends on the setting really. Fantasy could be a curse/spell gone wrong or deliberate application of magic. Bad guys lay spells over their soldiers that keep them alive even after they've been mortally wounded, or some magical experiment goes horribly wrong, or a malicious entity places a curse on those who awaken it.