ETHbros, I need advice

Ok so I am literally all in currently in ETH but want to throw another 5k into the market POSSIBLY.

What other projects do yall think would be worthy and I could diversify into?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/BQche5q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If eth goes another 2x it will surpass bitcoin

In market cap or in price?

What do you think would bring that about? Casper?

XRP and fiat are both GREAT holds for 2018

(get the fuck out of the market)

Why?

Take a look at how greedy and stupid Veeky Forums, Reddit, Facebook, and the entire world have become. You need to get out while you still can. It takes days to sell of properly, and even longer to cash out to your bank account

>pic related

samefagging idiot

Who is same fagging idiot? Do you think that I am same fagging because it is the same color? You are retarded.

I would diversify into more ETH to be honest. As a risk-averse investor, a guaranteed 2-4x within the next year with no chance of loss in the long term is too good to pass up.

cred

"diversify more into ETH"

haha. I already have about 10% of my total portfolio in it.

>a guaranteed 2-4x within the next year with no chance of loss in the long term
What do you base this on user? ETH is following BTC close as fuck, and I don't have high hopes for the latter

that is my main fear about ETH. We can't seem to break away from the king of shitcoins BTC. I do not understand it. I seriously feel like some massive kikery is at hand.

If I had extra money to throw in I'd put it into ETH. If you got 30 ETH you can run a full staking node once Casper rolls around and its literally making money with your money. Some wild times ahead once normies understand what smart contracts and proof of stake is boiz.

I've been explaining to retards why BTC will always be king ever since it was $1000, but retards INSIST on talking about flippining, fundamentals and so on.

See you again when BTC is $30k and you are still wondering why that's the case.

>why BTC will always be king

Try me

It’s because btc has a shit ton of market volume, ETH is only like 1/5 of btc in terms of KACHING KACHING. So the entire market falls with btc or falls while BTC goes up (people selling alts to catch the wave). It’s really fucking annoying

I just have a hard time believing people get THAT skittish when BTC falters. We track almost exactly with the shitcoin.

Do you think that youtube would be replaced if a video sharing platform with better technology and features arrived?
Do you think that people would stop using google in favor of a better searching engine?

In the case of both examples, it would be much easier for a flippining to happen than with BTC, because everything you need to do to change your search engine is to type another URL. In the case of BTC however, you have countless people holding and storing their money on it. You have companies accepting as a means of payment. You have countries starting to accept and pay salaries to their employees with it. You have countless people using it as a bridge to trade altcoins.

Do you think that all these entities would just dump their BTC in favor of another shitcoin, just due to promises of better technology?
If that's the case, do you think if BTC was replaced by a shitcoin with better fundamentals, this shitcoin with better fundamentals would one day be replaced by another shitcoin with better fundamentals? Do you think that's viable for any economy?

People buy what they trust and know. And they trust and know BTC, because Bitcoin has name and proved to have more consistent growth than any other coin.

You probably know the term ''too big to fail''. That's Bitcoin.
Fundamentals and technical problems are trivial in the long term. What matters is name, trust and the domino effect of more and more people adopting as time goes on.

I used to post pic related to argue with people that declared the death of BTC many months ago. It got outdated earlier than I thought.

1. People stopped using Firefox because Chrome was better (initially). Technology matters.
2. People stopped using Yahoo because Google was better.
3. Nobody is accepting Bitcoin as a means of payment outside of online pharmacies, and they take any cryptocurrency. They care about settlement finality, not Bitcoin itself. They sell shady products, and every chargeback is an overhead. They don't care about Bitcoin.
4. Bitcoin lost the majority of its market capitalization already. The tech literate have already abandoned Bitcoin. The only money coming in is dumb money.
5. If Bitcoin fanatics can only point to the fucking name, the brand name? They've lost. You have lost. Bitcoin has no marketing department. Bitcoin has no customer service. A brand name means fucking nothing in this space, technology means *everything*

I can understand that theory, but you can say literally the same things for ETH.

What gets me is that there is literally NOTHING that BTC can do that ETH cannot.

Get in get rich or stay poor fagget
discord.gg/BQche5q

>do you think people would stop riding horse-and-buggy if a better form of transportation arrived

the absolute state of Veeky Forums

So you're saying the lockin effect and network effect is stronger for Bitcoin than for any other cryptocurrency right now. Sure - I agree.

But then again, we're talking about crypto. In crypto things happen 10x faster, 50x faster. To dislodge youtube you'd need full AR solution, to dislodge google you'd need a semantic search engine, indistinguishable from a human on the other end. Those are both HARD problems. Bitcoin will be dislodged by Ethereum and Ethereum will likelly be dislodged by one of its own ERC20 tokens some time after. Network effects and lockin effects come fast in crypto but dissipate fast as well. Anyway, don't put all your eggs in one basket.

>1. People stopped using Firefox because Chrome was better (initially). Technology matters.
I literally addressed that in my post. In the case of Firefox, you need only to change the URL. In the case of Bitcoin, you need to have everyone that's holding BTC as store of value, every place that's accepting it and using as a bridge to trade altcoins, and every country, like Japan, that's accepting it to say fuck it, and replace it with another currency.

However, even your example is bad. Because Google and Youtube are now much bigger than Firefox or Yahoo ever were in its peak, which is why it's so hard to replace them. At the time of Firefox and Yahoo, the internet was very niche, whereas now it's normalfag central.
Youtube is an even more accurate comparison than google, because even if a better video sharing platform arrived, no one would use it because all content creators are locked on youtube. It's the domino effect I spoke of.
> Nobody is accepting Bitcoin
Literally false.

> Bitcoin lost the majority of its market capitalization already
Because there's literally 20000000000 new shitcoins being created per day. None of them are showing any sign that they can surpass BTC tho. ETH's marketcap isn't even 1/4 of BTC.

As for your last point. Irrelevant. The media talks about Bitcoin, not Monero, not Dash, not ETH, they talk about Bitcoin.
When normies refer to Crypto, they talk about Bitcoin. Not other currencies, Bitcoin.
The first coin that every buys starting on crypto is Bitcoin, and the vast majority of people hold it instead of trading.
It's why BTC volume only grows, grows and grows, whereas ETH was left behind so much, even though it came close to BTC's level back in June. ETH was a fad, whereas BTC never stops growing.

> They've lost.
I have numbers to back me up, whereas you have nothing but conjectures. People who declared the death of BTC were BTFO every single time over the years, but by all means, keep going.

Any dips for ETH on the horizon? I've got a rough study project to work on in the following months, so I'd like to move some assets and remaining fiat into a solid hodl coin, but I'd kinda like to do so for a good price.

>Or should I just buy now?

try ethfinex to buy coins based on eth

Nice job misrepresenting my point.
Everyone complains about youtube, but no one leaves youtube. It's king, and this scenario doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon.
>Could be said about ETH
How so? Ethereum isn't even a currency nor it's store of value, Ether is, and it only serves to fuel the Ethereum network.
Ethereum isn't nearly as popular as Bitcoin, as proven by the news and volume. And its growth literally stopped after the peak in June.
>In crypto things happen 10x faster, 50x faster.
Despite that, are you seeing any sign of a currency coming close to Bitcoin? The difference is growing larger, not smaller. Since Ethereum almost managed to get to BTC's marketcap back in June when the hype was up to eleven, but not is not even close.

>Bitcoin will be dislodged by Ethereum and Ethereum will likelly be dislodged by one of its own ERC20 tokens some time after.
If you assume that, you are basically assuming that crypto currencies will never be taken seriously and will never be widely accepted.
>Hey I know every holds X currency and buy shit with it
>But It's not valuable anymore, now we have a new one and everything you are holding is worth shit!

If you want to talk about numbers, how about the numbers that show ETH adoption AND price rising exponentially faster than BTC? How about the numbers dealing with BTC lagging transaction times and unsustainable fees?

>If you want to talk about numbers, how about the numbers that show ETH adoption AND price rising exponentially faster than BTC?
You could say the same thing about Verge. Do you think that Verge will surpass Bitcoin?
These coins are only rising as fast as they are because crypto is now much more popular than it was when Bitcoin was made.

If you want to talk numbers, Ethereum's growth stagnated after the peak 5 months ago, whereas Bitcoin increased its marketcap from 40b to 260b since then.

TRX, there's announcements and all the action it needs this week. Toss it all in, wait for it to hit 300, pull out fast while cheering "hodl" to the folks who just can't let go.

It is worth it to trade ETH for FUN? Looking for longterm hold