Warhammer 40k General (40kg)

How long does it take to make a new General Edition

>Death Guard stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/07/codex-focus-death-guard-part-2-special-rules-and-psychic-powers-sep-7gw-homepage-post-2/

>Top 5 Squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Konor Campaign, fucken rigged
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13889892
battlescribe.net)
youtube.com/watch?v=QL19beIJSE0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Last chance for me to tweak this list before the chinaman order goes in. Thoughts?

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Adepta Sororitas) ++
>Celestine: 2x Geminae Superia [250]
>Canoness: Condemnor Boltgun, Power sword [50]
>Battle Sister Squad (9): 2x Flamer, Combi-flamer, Power maul [114]
>Battle Sister Squad (9): 2x Flamer, Combi-flamer, Power maul [114]
>Battle Sister Squad (5): Heavy Bolter, 2x Storm Bolter, Chainsword [59]
>Seraphim Squad (10): 2x Twin inferno pistols, Plasma pistol, Power sword [169]
>Dominion Squad (7): 4x Meltagun, Combi-melta [157]
>Dominion Squad (7): 4x Meltagun, Combi-melta [157]
>Repressor: Heavy Flamer, 2x Storm Bolter [92]
>Repressor: Heavy Flamer, 2x Storm Bolter [92]
>Rhino: 2x Storm Bolter [77]
>Rhino: 2x Storm Bolter [77]

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium) ++
>Inquisitor Greyfax [85]
>Vindicare Assassin [90]
>Vigilators (5) [95]
>Vigilators (5) [95]
>Null-Maiden Rhino [72]
>Vulture Gunship: Twin Punisher Gatling Cannon, Heavy Bolter [160]

++ Super-Heavy Detachment (Questor Imperialis) ++
>Cerastus Knight Acheron: Acheron Flame Cannon, Twin Heavy Bolter, Reaper Chainfist [495]

++ Total: [142 PL, 2500 PTS] ++

Vote.

strawpoll.me/13889892

New Deathwatch codex when? Primaris flyer when?

I want Primaris Deathwatch (pic-related, not my model), and the Repulsor is too slow.

I have £50 to spend on Chaos stuff for my DG force. Was thinking something along the lines of a hellbrute, predator or land raider. What are your thoughts?

Are there any old bolter bitches?Or they just get fired once they are no longer sexy?

user, when you put a list down for "critique", you should also say how you intend to play the list.
Unless you think white room mathhammer is a valid way of judging an army, you just plunking down models means fuck all.

Post your face when they just mix deathwatch with the space marine codex like they did with the Black Templars.

>tfw no gilf sororitas gf

Sure why not? I imagine more experienced sisters that havent achieved any rank for one reason or another are probably sent to Scholas to gather recruits and train them.

If you're good enough to survive war in the 40k galaxy until old age, you're probably valuable enough to the Imperium that you can get juvenat treatments and stay beautiful. There's probably a number that retire from combat and transfer to non-militant orders, as well.

>40kg in parentheses
>no link to old thread
>no link to this thread in the old one
God damn op get your shit together

Do the space whores have any type of organs or genetic improvement to live longer?

Maybe in the grim darkness of the far future there is only good make-ups

I mean, Sisters are really only good at one thing: Getting up close and personal, then setting you on various kinds of fire. I guess the only non-obvious points are:

>Greyfax and Canoness each go with a 9-girl squad in the Rhinos
>Repressors serve as mobile bunkers for the Dominions
>Minimum squad of bolter bitches just holds a backfield objective

I'd imagine you teach if you've lived long enough to reach the age where you're too old to fight at an efficient capacity.

No, SoB are just as trained as Stormtroopers and have better equipment due to the Church equipping them as opposed to being tied to the Munitorum. They are normal human beings.

Unfucked general done right this way

I'm thinking of making a gorkanaut and sticking 6 warbosses in it. Fun? viable?

I got around to reading Codex: Eye of Terror and got new inspiration for my chaos force. I was thinking of doing a mutant uprising caused and supported by CSM, I like Sons of Horus so maybe Black Legion. How could I do a force of Very Elite Black Legion with all the mutants and renegade stuff as misc support and not have it's fluff dragged down by association with Abbadon?

Also

No. I don't care about rules, but even if the models are beautiful I'm not paying FW prices for things that do nothing.

Are any of the conversions on this properly possible and do they look good? The art looks cool at least.

Veridyan definitely has some tech mods, but by an large the sisters are baseline humans in fancy gear (Hence T3 Sv3+).

Juvenat treatments keep you functioning as if you were young (And can do this even if they don't restore your appearance, see Jurgen), so that would be a "modification" of sorts.

Also this.

ok Veeky Forums help me decide wich list is better. there is a tourney tomorrow and i've got 2 lists i'm torn between.

+++ [102 PL, 1995pts] +++

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [50 PL, 974pts] ++

Legion: Black Legion

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [5 PL, 74pts]: Bolt pistol, Chainsword, No Chaos Mark

Sorcerer [6 PL, 102pts]: Bolt pistol, Force sword, Mark of Tzeentch, Prescience, The Eye of Night, Weaver of Fates

+ Heavy Support +

Chaos Predator [9 PL, 190pts]: No Chaos Mark, Twin lascannon
Two lascannons: 2x Lascannon

Defiler [11 PL, 201pts]: Mark of Tzeentch, Reaper autocannon, Twin heavy flamer

Havocs [10 PL, 217pts]: No Chaos Mark
Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
4x Havoc w/ boltgun
Havoc w/ heavy weapon: Lascannon

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [52 PL, 1021pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Legion: World Eaters

+ HQ +

Dark Apostle [5 PL, 83pts]: Mark of Khorne, Plasma pistol, Power maul

Kharn the Betrayer [8 PL, 160pts]

+ Troops +

Khorne Berzerkers [9 PL, 179pts]
Berzerker Champion: Bolt pistol, Power fist
8x Chainsword and bolt pistol
Chainsword and plasma pistol: Chainsword, Plasma pistol

Khorne Berzerkers [9 PL, 163pts]
7x Chainsword and bolt pistol

Khorne Berzerkers [9 PL, 163pts]
7x Chainsword and bolt pistol

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 91pts]: Combi-bolter, Combi-melta, Mark of Khorne

Created with BattleScribe (battlescribe.net)

1/2 this or:

2/2

+++ New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [103 PL, 2000pts] +++

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [50 PL, 986pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Legion: Black Legion

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [5 PL, 86pts]: Bolt pistol, No Chaos Mark, Power fist

Sorcerer [6 PL, 102pts]: Bolt pistol, Force sword, Mark of Tzeentch, Prescience, The Eye of Night, Weaver of Fates

+ Heavy Support +

Defiler [11 PL, 201pts]: Mark of Tzeentch, Reaper autocannon, Twin heavy flamer

Havocs [10 PL, 217pts]: No Chaos Mark
Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
4x Havoc w/ boltgun

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [53 PL, 1014pts] ++

+ HQ +

Malignant Plaguecaster [6 PL, 110pts]: Miasma of Pestilence, Plague Wind

Typhus [9 PL, 164pts]: Gift of Contagion, Miasma of Pestilence

+ Troops +

Plague Marines [9 PL, 159pts]: 5x Plague Marines
Plague Champion: Plague knife
Power fist and Plasma gun: Plasma gun, Power fist

Plague Marines [9 PL, 159pts]: 5x Plague Marines
Plague Champion: Plague knife
Power fist and Plasma gun: Plasma gun, Power fist

Poxwalkers [6 PL, 120pts]: 20x Poxwalker

Poxwalkers [6 PL, 120pts]: 20x Poxwalker

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 91pts]: Combi-bolter, Combi-melta

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 91pts]: Combi-bolter, Combi-melta

Created with BattleScribe (battlescribe.net)

i have another list with a knight but i'm not so sure about that one.

With the clock in 40k moving forward. What have Orks been up too? And what are the odds we could see another "the beast" situation arise? A triumvante invoking Orks would be fucking sexy.

Are SM rapiers any good competitively?

Discuss Aaron Dempski Bolden is a huge faggit. Bigger than matt ward (not by much)
>wanky "muh fadder" fan fiction
>edgy "chaos rulz"
>magical realm

Orks just irking it up. Ghazzy has beaten back the blood god crusade with help of the Tyranids.

Only thing we can do is wait for him to get back to Armegeddon and spark something up again.

What are the black legion there for, psychic abilities?

I run a similar list and I've found it works quite well. I'd recommend running the spearhead detachment as Alpha Legion since they're largely back row shooters, so they'll get a lot of mileage out of their legion tactic.

Daily reminder that 2nd edition Chaos was the worst thing to happen to the faction's aesthetic, and that only 6th edition and on have only begun to repair the damage done.

>pic related: what ALL Chaos Marines used to look like before they became EDGY MARINES WITH SPIKES

What size game would be good for a 4x4?
1000 pts?

Ha!
Loyalists Rapiers die if the crew die.

Why don't you guys stick Daemons inside yours.

Yeah that's about the perfect board to army ratio m8.

Cool, thanks

Toughness is no longer majority in 8th? 4 w at t5 is ok. Predator probably better?

are there any mixed toughness squads anymore?

Nope, the very few situations that it does come up, the unit rules separate them into two different units. See Ork artiliary for a good example.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (World Eaters - Chaos Space Marines) [1061pts] ++

+ HQ +
Exalted Champion [71pts]: Chainaxe, Chainsword, Mark of Khorne
Kharn the Betrayer [160pts]

+ Troops +
Khorne Berzerkers [191pts]: Icon of Wrath
. Berzerker Champion: Chainsword, Power fist
. 9x Chainsword and Chainaxe: 9x Chainaxe
Khorne Berzerkers [191pts]: Icon of Wrath
. 9x Chainsword and Chainaxe: 9x Chainaxe
Khorne Berzerkers [106pts]: Icon of Wrath
. 4x Chainsword and Chainaxe: 4x Chainaxe

+ Flyer +
Heldrake [185pts]: Baleflamer, Heldrake claws, Mark of Khorne

+ Dedicated Transport +
Chaos Rhino [85pts]: Combi-bolter, Combi-bolter, Havoc launcher, Mark of Khorne
Chaos Rhino [72pts]: Combi-bolter, Mark of Khorne

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (World Eaters - Chaos Space Marines) [939pts] ++

+ HQ +
Daemon Prince with Wings [180pts]: Khorne, Malefic talon, Talisman of Burning Blood

+ Heavy Support +
Chaos Land Raider [369pts]: Combi-bolter, Havoc launcher, No Chaos Mark, Twin heavy bolter, 2x Twin lascannon
Obliterators [195pts]: No Chaos Mark, 3x Obliterator
Obliterators [195pts]: No Chaos Mark, 3x Obliterator

++ Total: [2000pts] ++

How does this look for a nice berserker world eaters list? Obliterators are there to just deep strike and hopefully get some decent shots off now that they're assault 4 each. Contemplating swapping the land raider for a rhino and putting the points elsewhere.

Any ideas, chaos friends?

Semi-painting question...
Do genestealer cults have to be blue and purple? I have an idea for aliens-style glossy black carapace and ghostly pale grey flesh. Is this against fluff?

No, they can have any colors you like.

Specific cults have specific colors.
You can make up a cult that has whatever colors you like.

Nice! I run my metals as my Elites, But I've only got about 20-25 painted to a playable level.

Well the obvious choice is to grab some forces from FW. I'm thinking a Lord or Sorceror of your choice. 2 units of "elite" space marines so 2 squads of whatever duty you want them to fulfill. Cultists, stuff from vraks and cheap daemons like furies?

Did anyone else get their DG preorders in a day early before GW made them unavailable for non-New Zealanders?

No, have played against a veritable riot of colors, including some absolutely gorgeous 'Khorne', silvered black and white/golds. The ugliest were in Nurgle colors. A friend is currently painting gloss black carapaces over bright colored bodies, the Yellows and Reds are very distinctive. His Big stuff is painted with darker colored bodies and glossy white armor, drybrushed with opalescent paints echoed in the hurty bits. The ruby tinted Carnifex (?) has a burgundy body with spikes and blade in a high gloss scarlet. Very nice. Shane its the only biggie he's finished.

Recommended loadout for a leviathan?

Got two claws, a storm cannon and a grav bombard

Does the Mortarion model have any interchangeable bits like the faces on Magnus? I like the sculpt as shown I'm just curious.

There will probably be a "witch hunters" codex that they are a part of

Does anyone have the recent exchange between Typhus and Mortarion where Big T grills Morty and tells him he's not going to help him fight Guilliman?

>What are the black legion there for, psychic abilities?
mark of tzench on everythign in black legion.

spells: prescience and the tzench one that gives 5+ invul or improves invul by 1 (for defiler)

>I run a similar list and I've found it works quite well. I'd recommend running the spearhead detachment as Alpha Legion since they're largely back row shooters, so they'll get a lot of mileage out of their legion tactic.
I'll have to consider that. i wanted black legion because i wanted to use abadon (re-roll misses) rahter than just re-roll 1's from lord.

I was thinking about iron warriors for the ignore cover on lascanon spam.

>Refusing your primarch
Does that happen often?

Just ordered Dark Imperium, haven't played 40k before this. What should I expect boys?

I seen this guy on Instagram. Stop posting his marine dude, it's legit getting old. Especially when you constantly quantify it with "not my model"

That said, just wait. No one knows

Morty's kind of a bitch and Typhus has never been shy to make this opinion known.

>Ghazzy has beaten back the blood god crusade with help of the Tyranids.
I wouldn't say it's so much the Tyranids 'helping' Ghazzy and the Orks as it was the Blood Crusade making the incredibly dumb decision to jump between the Orks and Nids when the meatgrinder that is the planet Octarius was turned up from normal maximum to overkill to 'ARE YOU INSANE!?' mode over century ago.

Hell, when the World Eaters visted Octarius (before the Blood Crusade) to snag a few skulls from Orks and Nids for about a year, the smallest skull they got was the size of a boulder.

A ZOGGIN' BOULDER.

Yarrick's gonna shat ferrocrete when Ghazzy returns to Armageddon (he's probably the size of the Deffskull Beast 'Primork', if not larger, given his daily combat diet of krumpin' Tyranids).

...Which brings up an amusing observation. The last time a Primarch went toe-to-toe with a Beast-tier Ork, the Primarch died. And Vulkan is bigger than ol' Roboute. Guilliman would be wise to steer clear of Armageddon if 'Da Great WAAAAGH!!! does swing back that way after it finishes off the Swarmlord and what's left of Hive Fleet Leviathan.

Fun for the whole family
Unless you play death guard
Or Primaris

A fun gothic sci-fi model kit set to build and paint to use in a relatively streamlined beer-and-pretzels style British tabletop wargame.

Enjoy!

Out of the Corpus Brethren or Company of Misery, what should my next chaos army be?

Every time they talk. I don't have the text but Typhus tells Mortarion something like "you shaped the Plague Planet into Barbarus 2 because you're stuck in the past, you've sat on your rotting ass for ten-thousand years while I led the legion, you wouldn't even be here if it weren't for me, I'm not going to help you fight your brother because that's petty, and you wouldn't dare strike me because I'm The Herald of Nurgle".

Ok great, thanks. It's just that I was looking in the GS cult painting guide and all the different colour schemes had different uniforms but still had the same blue/purple genestealer parts. I thought that was a bit strange as nids seem to have every colour scheme under the sun

Fuck that's cool.

>ywn get a Magnus sized Ghazzy model

Monolith should be 2up save

Jeeze that's great

Vulkan isn't the best fighter out of all the primarchs though
He's just really goddamn tough

Girlyman's shtick is being tactically minded, so I doubt he would end up face to face with a beast level warboss unless he wanted too, or was really forced.

Are both armies shit or something? Do I need to drop mad dosh for a good army?

Until they get their codex in a couple weeks, Death guard are pretty crap, but will probably get better.
Primaris. Eh
They're useable, but generally considered to be on the lower end of marine units you want in your army.

It's fine for a starter army, but you'll want to expand out from there sooner rather than later

QBOA QBOA QBOA I made that pape and then someone crop it wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=QL19beIJSE0

>Wishlist for Monolith
2+ save or quantum shielding
able to teleport in 2 units per turn

I don't know about Death Guard, but with Primaris you want to branch out to normal marines as well. Limiting yourself to only primaris and then asking why they aren't good is only worthy of the answer "because you're ignoring the other half of your army."

nah, they are a good start. Just be aware the starterbox content in very unbalanced, favoring the primaris.
death guard, well the book with all the rules and units is not even out yet, so i withhold judgement.
a pure primaris army would be shit. Thankfully there is no need to do that, because primaris are merely a part of space marines and the holes in the primaris army are fixed by normal marines.

What do you guys think of premade bases, yeah or nay?

Yeah, I can dig them
Basing models is probably the least fun part of building and painting, so it's great for me

Is it a dick move to use a land raider in a 1000 point chaos list?

Nah, they are good starts for both armies, but Space Marines especially really need core units like Devastators and Bikes. The Primaris units are great, very adaptive tools to add to a marine list, but a 100% Primaris army is badly lacking in the dedicated units that help the marines go, IMO.

Te Death Guard boxset forces are better off, but will still benefit greatly from more baseline units.

>>magical realm
When?

Yes, it kinda is. Unless your opponent knows to expect it as is capable of fielding enough anti-vehicle units to counter it. Then I think it's pretty fun.

Depends on what it's carrying. Berserkers are super strong and they could chew up a lot of 1000 pt lists.

I hate basing but they still seem lazy to me

I also dont play SM so i use large bases that i can never get premade ones in the correct size, and its impossible to match scratch ones with cast ones

Pretty sure grav bombard is almost an autotake at this point

Dual butcher cannon arrays
loyalist scum

>Tyranids have become a far greater threat to the Imperium and, at times, possible even the greatest one
Is it just me, or is GW on a streak of "fuck Carnac?"

Cash grab that lazy hobbyists eat up

>we live in the universe where chaos is the NPC race and Nids the main antagonist.

What a time to be alive.

Fuck ya for the price

I hope so.
All the need is to make Abaddon look like the baby-back bitch he is a few times.

>Girlyman's shtick is being tactically minded, so I doubt he would end up face to face with a beast level warboss unless he wanted too, or was really forced.

>Guilliman travels to Armageddon to deal with Ghazghkull and make him surrender to the Imperium's will (the Orks already kinda worked for the Imperium in dealing with the Tzeentch/Khorne bullshittery)
>brings Yarrick along to translate Orkish
>They meet with Ghazghkull
>Ghazz and Yarrick proceed to a long exchange of banter in High Gothic, completely ignoring Guilliman
>Finally Ghazzy just looks at Guilliman and says, "Who are you again?"

Whatre you guys working on?

My will to live

>Someone on the other side of the room is wrong about the rules

A Chaos Lord with Black Mace, an Exalted Champ with Murder Sword and 8 CSMs with chainswords (the Aspiring Champ with a Power Fist if I have points)
I think I might refrain from doing so then.

Possibly stupid question, do they come pre painted/coloured?

It's not that hard a thing to take down/render useless. And that cargo isn't super OP.

No
Nothing from GW does

What do I need to complete this list?

Roboute Guilliman

It makes more sense that Chaos bailed out the Blood Angels, then. GW might want a setup where everyone is teaming up against the Tyranids.

yeah thats a given, the question I was asking though is grav bombard and a storm cannon or the bombard and a siege claw

taking the dual guns saves me some points for various upgrades here and there but holy shit the siege claw hits hard, STR 16 even though it would only have 3 attacks at that point

>everyone is teaming up against the Tyranids.
pls no. The irrationally all-consuming hate that loyalists and traitors have for each other is to central to the setting.