/swg/ - Fighter Jockey Edition

Previous Thread: Post about FFG, d6, Saga/d20, X-wing, Lego, Armada and anything else Star Wars Related

Legion announcement
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega:#F!blI01Jga!6uL6fLHF2rJFKDN57E14WQ!69Z3HZzT

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/63ieUn7g
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/9/8/finish-what-you-start/
youtube.com/watch?v=vVulaCFNL4A
youtube.com/watch?v=LxDm-4Jrg9w
youtube.com/watch?v=j0IlZb75IaU
lukebergman.bandcamp.com/track/yodas-theme
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for cool new ships!

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/9/8/finish-what-you-start/

POLL TIME
>Favorite Star Wars movie
>Favorite Star Wars book (novel, reference, or comic series)
>Favorite piece of Star Wars music
>Favorite Star Wars vehicle
>Favorite Star Wars character
>Favorite Star Wars tabletop
>Favorite Star Wars vidya

Return of the Jedi

Heir to the Empire, the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, Tales of the Jedi

Binary Sunset

B-Wing

From the movies: Lando, from everything else: Tycho Celchu

FFG, but mad respect for WEG

X-Wing Alliance and/or Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

>Movie
Empire
>Book
Shadows of the Empire is good as a self-contained book.
>Music
youtube.com/watch?v=vVulaCFNL4A or youtube.com/watch?v=LxDm-4Jrg9w
>Vehicle
Nubian J-type
>Character
Lando
>Tabletop
Imperial Assault
>Vidya
Either Rogue Squadron (N64) or Knights of the Old Republic

>cool new ships
I think you mean lame new cashgrabs. 30 bucks for a stretched interceptor? 40 bucks for a hydrocephalic B-wing? What a joke.

A New Hope, probably

to be honest I think the movies are overrated

I've never read any of them

youtube.com/watch?v=j0IlZb75IaU

Liberty

Kylo Ren

Armada, although Legion looks promising.

Republic Commando

>40 bucks for a hydrocephalic B-wing? What a joke.
What do you have against the B/SF-17 "flying fortress"?

ESB
The Revenge of the Sith novelisation
Palpatine's Teachings (specifically that one bit, you know the one)
I've always had a soft spot for the gunboat
Mara Jade
X-Wing
Probably Republic Commando

Its a Nebulon-Babby

ROTJ
Medstar Duology, favorite out of nu-canon is either Thrawn or Guardians of the Whills
lukebergman.bandcamp.com/track/yodas-theme
TIE/IN, god bless Ravin' Raith Sienar
Meme answer: Veers. Serious but boring answer: Luke. Or Maul, for some reason I just think he's been beautifully handled in the nu-canon.
X-Wing, though the D6 system will always have a special place in my heart.
TIE Fighter or Galactic Battlegrounds. Also Gungan Frontier

>take a B-29
>get the wings as wrong as physically possible
>attach a Nebulon-B main bridge for some reason

The vertical front wing is for maximum yaw maneuverability.

The Long TIE-interceptor variant make me wonder, are there any limits to what can be considered a TIE? Like do they have to fit inside a standard bay or mounting clamp?

>VII gave us the biggerer Death Star
>VIII is going to feature Kylo's big Interceptor hunting bigger Neb-B-Wings to stop them from bombing biggerer AT-ATs or poking at the biggenest Star Destroyer ever
There's no end to the one-upmanship, is there?

You mean Snoke's MEGA super star destroyer? Which is two super star destroyers glued together.

Can't wait for the giga, hyper and ultra star destroyers.

The silencer feels like it is at the power level of the game back in wave 7.5. The only complaint that I have about it in that respect is that Kylo should seriously have changed his ability, since it's both not very useful on the current platform of a 3/3/4/2 ship, and it's doubling down on the non-fun that is Kylo for your opponent (I feel really bad ISYTDSng people, since they don't get to play with their biggest ship for 2-3 turns, which usually kills it). If Kylo's ability was something that was actually designed to work with his ship, as opposed to against it, I'd be much happier.

The bomber is in a similar boat- If it came out in wave 7.5 I'd have no problem with it. It's interesting mechanically, etc. My issue is the fact that the current bomb-centric meta only gets more toys to play with from this thing, and we can see more bombs on the board.

If there was some massive (targeted) nerfing to the current problem cards in the game tomorrow, I'd be all on-board, preordering 2 of each. Now, I'm tepid with the state of the game.

Biggs, Adv. Slam, TLT, Guidance Chips, Bomblet Generator, Mindlink, Jumpmasters, Deadeye Scurrgs, Cruise missiles, Harpoon missiles, R3-A2, K4, Cad Bane on Jumps, Regen, Unhittable Soontir, and Kylo all need to be toned down to balance the game more evenly.

That it looks like a B-wing whose head is swollen up with liquid and that also resulted in the rest of its body developing poorly? I thought I was pretty clear about that.

>Film: OT is all on the same pedestal, but Revenge of the Sith otherwise. Rogue One is very close, though.
>Book/Comic: The Legacy Comic series (main arcs only; didn't care too much for the side comic-y arcs
>Music: Clash of Lightsabers
>Vehicle: CR-90 corvette
>Character: Boba Fett; second is Orson Krennic
>Vidya: TIE Fighter/Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight

Seriously, I love how self contained it is. It's a complete and genuine Star Wars story that doesn't involve anyone or any planets from the films.
I just think that's impressive

Oh and Tabletop is X-Wing. Second is the Wizards Star Wars Miniatures also shot out to Knights of the Old Republic II

Thoughts on this list?

I think it might work. I'm guessing that Mindlink will get nerfed soon, so that's why I'm not running 4-ship ML.

It's got a little of everything except arc-dodging.

it's the length of 3 executors

Now that we've talked about Kylo's ability, is the Upsilon worth getting?

I don't want to drop $40 just for crew. Is Kylo worth trying out ?

Technically it is the length of 3 SSDs but in layman's terms it's only the width of 3 SSDs.

>>Favorite Star Wars movie
RotJ
>>Favorite Star Wars book (novel, reference, or comic series)
Starfighters of Adumar
>>Favorite piece of Star Wars music
Binary Sunset
>>Favorite Star Wars vehicle
T-65
>>Favorite Star Wars character
Lieutenant Kettch
>>Favorite Star Wars tabletop
XWM
>>Favorite Star Wars vidya
X-Wing Alliance

Stridan is the best upsilon in standard games.

Dormitz is amazing in Epic.

It's a good, fun ship.

Kylo Crew is in this weird state where he is decently strong on the power scale, (He's the strongest thing Imperials have, but imperials don't have anything now to compete with rebel and scum cheese) but he is massively unfun to play against if your list is 2 ships, or even 3.

The biggest non-game possible is Vader+RAClo Vs. Rey+Poe.

It's a sad game. Blinded+Blinded on rey turns 1 and 2, to burn her down, PS 0, stunned, and 1 more and poe is dead despite his regen.

He stops opponents from being able to play the game for 2 turns.

I feel as if quad-regen, even if only PRS, would be really cancerous if you are in a position where actually doing the 1-straight is the best move.
Really odd since you can't natively 1-straight.

Shame TIE/FO can't take PRS.

Return of the Jedi
Thrawn
Throne Room/End Credits from the original
Good old Incom T-65 X-Wing
Luke Skywalker
X-Wing Miniatures
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast

It makes me so happy to see Return of the Jedi actually being liked by people. It usually gets a shit ton of undeserved hate.

Rogue One, it was mostly fanservice, but it was damn good fan service
Death Star, I like its explanation of the Imperials
Duel of the Fates, Williams gets better as time goes on.
Starviper, mostly I just love the idea of a starfighter that some egotistical trillionaire pays an unlimited budget to make amazing.
Kylo Ren, he carries VII, and I love the idea of emo grandson of Vader who constantly is in his shadow.
Armada (Sorry, X-wing)
Shadows of the Empire, mostly nostalgia, but played the shit out of the Hoth level as a kid.

>Empire
>Probably Thrawn
>Palpatine's Theme
>Imperial Star Destroyer
>Palpatine
>FFG's RPG
>Empire at War or Republic Commando

>Sail barge fight
>Endor space battle
>Luke vs. Vader
Three of the five best battles in the films come from RotJ, and the remaining two are Hoth and the duel at Bespin. Nothing else comes close. No, not even R1's space battle.

ANH
Wraith Squadron
Imperial March
T-65B X-Wing
Luke Skywalker
FFG RPG
Republic Commando

Empire Strikes Back
Thrawn Trilogy
Cantina Theme, Lapti Nek, or Duel of the Fates
See pic related
pic related
FFG>d6>>>actual trash>>>d20
Battlefront 2, Empire at War, X-wing vs Tie Fighter

>Movie
Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith
Those battle scenes and Sheev moments get me

>Book
Darksaber (I don't care about the Hutt shit weapon, just watching the Empire come back from the brink), all the X-Wing books, Thrawn Trilogy, and Shatterpoint is a pretty good prequel book. Dark Empire and Crimson Empire are my favorite comics, though I do agree Dark Empire is kinda meh and has shit art style.

>Music
Across the Stars, and Battle of Hoth

>Vehicle
Ship: Immobilizer 418
Starfighter: Assault Gunboat
Tank: Tx-130 Fighter tanks

>Character
Pellaeon

>Tabletop
Armada, because its the closest I got to an Empire at War sequel or seeing Star Wars be like Legend of the Galactic Heroes

>Vidya
Empire at War and TIE Fighter

>Dark Empire
>shit art style.
You take that back this instant!

Should the Warrior book or the Mystic book be next /swg/?

What kind of stuff would you want to see in them?

Literally Twin Ion Engine.

That's it.

>Movie
Empire, possibly Rogue One. Revenge gets points solely for Order 66.
>Books
I've read maybe two of them and can't remember either in detail.
>Music
Droid March/March of the Confederacy, Duel of the Fates
>Vehicle
Interdictor-class Star Destroyer, honourable mentions to the Hailfire Droid and Venator-class.
>Character
Han Solo, Vader, K-2SO, Kreia
>Tabletop
Either the d20 legacy version or Rebellion, not that I get to play either.
>Vidya
Republic Commando, Empire at War, Battlefront 2, KotOR 2

I agree Kylo's ability is a waste and Empire needs help anyway.

>called B-17 bomber

They're not even trying anymore.

Hey at least it didn't stop me from liking it. The Hunter Killer Probe Droid in it was pretty cool for example.

Rogue One
Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina
Duel of the Fates
TIE Advanced x1
Princess Leia
Armada
X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter

cqw

>movie
Either A New Hope or Revenge of the Sith I also think The Phantom Menace is actually a pretty damn good movie if you ignore most of Jar-Jar's antics and see past the midichlorians line
>book
Path of Destruction and the rest of the Bane trilogy was really, really good
>music
Imperial March, honorable mention to Duel of the Fates
>vehicle
AT-TEs are lit
>character
Vader and Thrawn are tied for the top, special mention to Darth Sion, Darth Bane, and Tyber Zann
>tabletop
I played the miniatures game a few times and that was alright, but I haven't played anything apart from Risk. girlfriend might get me IA for christmas so i'm looking forward to that
>vidya
Battlefront, Republic Commando, and KOTOR 2 are all really good and scratch different itches. I also thoroughly loved the Consortium campaign in EAW

I should be getting the X-Wing core set in the mail soon. What should I considering getting to build on to it?

Anakin is almost as bad as Jar-Jar and some of the acting gets really forced/wooden at times, but otherwise you're not wrong.
The droid CGI in particular holds up surprisingly well, unlike the clone disaster in AotC

wasn't really that spooky.
>players find derelict Lucrehulk
>explore a bit, find some dude who says he is stuck
>turbolifts don't work
>dude says, if they go over to the next room, there is a red button that will reroute power from the core
>players press button without a second thought
>voice comes on over speakers
>it's the "stuck" dude
>taunts them over how fucking stupid they are to fall for such an obvious trap
>on simple observation, the red button would've been revealed to be crudely duct-taped and rigged onto the wall
>Saw-esque gauntlet run ensues with plenty of cobbled together droids and sadistic traps
>one room is simply Droidekas
>Players finally reach the room where dude is controlling stuff from
>He does the slow clap
>Activates ray shield, separating himself from them
>Magna Guard jumps down
>Epic fight
>Players manage to overload the ray shield
>Dude is knocked back
>Wookie PC smashes him to bits
>Turbolifts activated
>Cool stuff found on ship
>Go home

RotJ
Thrawn
Battle of Endor theme
At-St
Sheev
D6
Kotor

Kylo's pilot ability isn't that great compared to his Crew Card anyway. He's basically going to be clocking in at around 40+ points which is a lot more than Imperial players spend on anything that isn't a wingman for RAC, and if you're taking RAC why the fuck are you not taking Kylo crew instead of having that combo not work as good and in two moving parts.
They should have kept him at PS6 and changed his ability so that he can choose better who gets his condition instead of it being a defensive measure. Maybe he's able to apply it to targets he TL's, or just targets for attacks (making Snap Shot an interesting alternate to PTL) but no.
"Oh he's Han Solo's kid he should be PS9" first of all FFG, Luke isn't PS9. Snaps Wexley isn't PS8 and Kylo Ren isn't Darth Vader, he's a pastiche of the whiney millenial stereotype about as subtle in it's delivery as Watto's dimunitive, desert living, covetous hooked nose was.

There's ONE new card in this that possibly interests me and that's the EPT which anons were pretty sure is an Action that gives you Evades equal to the amount of obstaclesat r1.
Originally I was thinking it was per enemies or friendlies nearby but obstacles works too, and that synergises to what I am 99% sure the second unique pilot has as his ability is.

Also, pop that on Youngster, take some crack blacks and put Swarm Leader on Quickdraw and you've got yourself a nasty little combo.

The range 1 kind of hurts it as physically you can't place obstacles closer than range 1 of each other, so I doubt unless he's brought that Illicit that lets them dump the debris field that this will ever harvest more than 2 evade tokens.
That said it IS one way of putting Evade on the action bars of stuff that doesn't normally have evade.

It'd be neat if it also worked with Mines/bombs. It'd be even NEATER if they errata'd how evade tokens work so that you can spend them to evade damage even when you don't roll evade dice.
That would help Imperials a LOT.

Backstroke of the West or Empire if that isn't valid.

Haven't read much outside of RPG books and wookiepedia articles, so guess that's that. You can take my fancard now.

Really like Ka'rta Tor from RC, but the whole RC soundtracks is great.

LAAT/i because SPACE HINDS. Alternatively, The Ravager because force ghost ship.

Revan or Kreia. Visas is muh waifu tho.

Saga edition, just can't seem to 'get' FFG's game. Armada has second place, if it counts.

Either KOTOR2 or Republic Commando. Very honorable mention goes to Bounty Hunter, which made me really like Jango.

OG or Force Awakens core set?

Original.

Star Wars (A New Hope)
Rogue Squadron series
Endor Battle
TIE Interceptor
Red Leader (Garvin Dreis)
Star Wars Armada
Star Wars Rebellion + X-Wing Alliance

Literally the only negative things I can say about ROTJ is some of the mattes are pretty bad (carried by phonemonal work elsewhere in the film), Leia and Han are a little too secondary, and the ground side of Endor gets a little too drawn out and clownshoes.

>about as subtle in it's delivery as Watto's dimunitive, desert living, covetous hooked nose was
he was Italian in a non-Judaic Arab marketplace so pretty subtle then

>Hooked nose
>Covetous
>Lives in a desert
>Is willing to sacrifice the Space Jesus for his own personal benefit
>Bearded chin
>Not an Anti-Semetic stereotype

Not that guy but come the fuck on.

hooked nose is also an Arab sterotype, they also live in the desert, and he behaves much like your shady Arabian bazaar merchant

is it just ne or is this the new automatic choice for Deathrain.

first turn K, second turn 5^ bomb drop?

I'd assume you "launch" them forward

I feel as though it'd be specified if that were the case. Or, the word 'Launch' would be bold, and an accompanying card would explain it.

Do we know yet if the Legion minis will fit on a 1-inch grid? It's hard to tell in the videos. I just thought it'd be nice if you could also use them for RPGs.

no see thats deathrains whole thing, he drops bombs forward.

though the launch vs dropping wording is odd, since it appears to not have attendant rule card like a new varient rule normally would if there was a difference.

There is no card because it comes with a booklet.

The lack of bold is strange, but on the other without an explanation of what "launch" means this card, rules as written, does literally nothing. If they wanted to "drop" far they'd use the same wording as Bombardier or Emon:

When dropping a bomb, you may use the [2 straight] template instead of the [1 straight] template.

When dropping a bomb, you may use a Left Turn 3, Straight 3, or Right Turn 3 template instead of the Straight 1 template.

i have no idea, but since IA minis already fill a 1" grid pretty well, and the new legion minis are already announced to be larger, i would say no. probably not.

Literally all of these also apply to arabs.
Also he provides his 'slaves' with enough resources to have a home, at least one of them has a productive hobby outside of work and enough food to have three guests eat comfortably, willingly sells the remaining slave, and manages a jovial greeting with the other slave when they meet again after like a decade.
Pretty positive as far as 'anti-semetics' go

RoTJ
The first thrawn trilogy.
Imperial March.
The Y-wing.
Probably Luke, he was my Hero as a kid.
The old d6 SW, it's the only one I played tough.
X-wing vs Tie.

Return of the Jedi or Revenge of the Sith, for the epic space and lightsaber battles

I vastly prefer the original canon to what Disney has don to it, but I'm willing to admit that I love The Lost Stars and am looking forward to the sequel the author wants to do once Disney lifts restrictions on post-Battle of Jakku story.

Duel of Fates, I think?

TIE Defender. Loved it in X-Wing Alliance

Jacen Solo

WotC d20

Either the aforementioned XWA, Star Wars Galaxies, or the Old Republic line (Kotor, Kotor 2, and SWTOR)

>Empire Strikes Back

>Shadows of the Empire

>Imperial March

>Slave 1

>Boba Fett

>X-Wing

>Battlefront 2 (2005

That's a bummer, but I appreciate it. The only IA mini I had was the AT-ST and it's not great for comparisons.

>Battlefront 2 (2005
That was an awesome game, but I wish they would've done something different with the naming of the reboots. Makes it a pain to always have to guess or specify which one is being talked about

>The Lost Stars.
After some very disapointing reading material (Ashoka and some other new characters books than I didn't even bother to end), what's good about the lost Stars?
I didn't like most of the EU because it was, uh,very inconsistent, but new one it's starting to make it rational. But I'm willing to give it another try, so what are the best new books?

After DICE declaring that they don't want to make their Battlefront a Star Wars Battlefield the name doesn't even make sense...

Should have called it Call of the Force: Star Warfare or some shit.

>DICE declaring that they don't want to make their Battlefront a Star Wars Battlefield
Seems like what they meant to say is that they didn't just want to copy the mechanics of Battlefield 1:1, as in they didn't just want a space-themed reskin of a Battlefield game. And to be fair, EAfront seems to be mechanically distinct from the main Battlefield series. Too bad a reskinned Bad Company 2 would have been better than what we got.

I'm a sucker for a good romance and it's basically the Star Wars answer to stuff like Twilight, except it's good. It focuses on two characters, gets you emotionally invested in them, and does a good job of developing the story around them. Most of the story could just as easily take place in the original canon and it doesn't get too much into the new stuff- the focus is more on the characters and development than the overarcing Star Wars story. On the plus side, you don't have to have read anything else for it to make sense so it'd be a good jumping in point. The ending is left somewhat open though, which is why I'm hoping for a sequel.

As much as I seethe with rage over the lack of vision, it does fit the FO's idea that the empire was right about everything, they just needed to go bigger.

Yeah, when you look at the FO as Empire fanboys, it makes more sense.

Likewise, Kylo Ren is a great depiction of how the typical young Force user drawn to the Dark Side would respond to the "anger and hate are good" philosophy.

>And to be fair, EAfront seems to be mechanically distinct from the main Battlefield series
But Battlefront was always a "reskin" of Battlefield. That was the whole point, that's what the fans loved and that's what the fans wanted. The name is not a coincidence, for fuck's sake!

Battlefront:EA is nothing like Battlefield, it's a dumb and shallow piece of shit, and that's why it has less players than BF4 which is not only much older but also had a direct sequel.

>Yeah, when you look at the FO as Empire fanboys, it makes more sense.

it is not a documentary, they made FO empire fanboys precisely because they wanted to do all that retarded "empire but bigger" bullshit

Hey /swg/.

I'm not a Star Wars fan but I had a good laugh at how your Legion game has the local mongos at my FLGS all riled up. One superfat was holding court about how he was trying to get other 40K players 'getting organised' and completely booking all the store's tables on the day Legion comes out as some kind of moronic form of protest.

>But Battlefront was always a "reskin" of Battlefield.
Not really. The old Battlefronts had a very different style to them than the old Battlefield games. Compare Battlefield 2 to Battlefront 2 and you get two completely different games. Yes, both have game modes involving control points and respawn tickets, but everything else feels different--the map structure, the gunplay, the vehicles, movement, player durability, etc. The Battlefront games felt simpler, more forgiving, and more arcadey.

Wouldn't the store have a table set aside for Legion on release day regardless? Kinda like how stores designate tables for card game prereleases and stuff?

I'm also not sure what's so threatening about it either. I mean, I plan to buy it, because it's Star Wars and seems a bit more accessible, but still.

Man, Silencer is made of hype. I don't know what you guys are smoking.

I dunno. I assume you're right, I am just amused that the most transparently degenerate 40K players in these parts are so terrified of a popular IP that might challenge their game for attention or, heaven forbid, be the first game on someones lips when they mention sci-fi wargaming, that one of them want to organise some sort of desperate 'protest'.

Yeah hype and no substance. It's an Imperial flavoured Starviper right down to having an awkward overcosted top PS pilot.
It's an arc dodger in a meta where Arc Dodging is completely unimportant in the face of Bombs bombs bombs, Turrets and equally agile but far cheaper Scum Aces.

FFG know this. If they didn't they wouldn't be bundling it with Autothrusters, which are still autoinclude where possible due to turrets and range 3 Missile Alpha Strikes. The Protectorate Starfighter came with two, TWO, upgrade cards, and have you EVER seen a Protectorate Starfighter without Autothrusters in anything other than a lack of supply of super-casual situation?
But they didn't because they knew the Protectorate would sell regardless.

This is like Squaresoft getting desperate and remaking FF7, it's the emergency nuclear option to ensure sales.

The RB will sell because it's a bomber in a meta where Bombers have never been more effective, and it's an incredibly point efficient turret ship (even if it is only 2 attack dice) even if it's dial is literally the shuttles it will still have a place in the meta.
The Silencer? Is an even MORE overpriced titleless TIE Defender.

this is a really illogical attitude, why can't fanboys understand that a solid competition is the best thing that can happen to a monopolized market... I'm not talking only about your example but many other games, vidya, even goddman Steam has this kind of religious followers fighting heresy of Origin or gog

k

They wouldn't include THREE copies of that retarded bomb fling upgrade if they believed the bomber would sell

I'd imagine that some of those angry about Legion are worried about 'their' hobby becoming casualised, or flooded by an influx of people who won't act like they do.

This. Jewbram's descriptions of them prior to film release was always 'le ebin fled nazis', the whole 'fanboy' angle over them just being an actual remnant-style faction is a retcon no matter how much they try to spin it.

Good news for them, then. Just because a casual gets into Star Wars Legion doesn't mean they'll want to play 40K.

Okay so what faction do yoy think you'll like better? I would look at play styles first if I were you because that will help determine which expansions to start out with (I started out Empire because that was my favorite faction from the saga, but it turns out I'm better as a Rebel player)

That depends on how the fuck "Launch" actually works. The fact that they didn't go and explain that in the article after drawing attention to it was really fucking weird.
We can't get hyped about something we don't understand after all.

I am somewhat more interested in the second named Test Pilot, and the EPT, but that's contingent on our guesses on those two being right, and Test Pilot being a little cheaper than expected (I'm thinking around the 32-33pt mark for it, but 30pts would make it REALLY tempting.) but Kylo's pilot ability isn't as good as his Crew Card ability, and whilst PS9 is good I'm not sure how effective the Silencer is going to be even with that without access to missiles.
The lower PS generics aren't going to be worth it because they're still going to be more points effective replacements within their cost ranges and now they're at low PS.

But they will have to share the room with filthy Star Wars casuals! Even worse, filthy SW casuals who think they are playing a true sci fi wargame!

40k it's space fantasy, not sci fi.

>40k it's space fantasy, not sci fi.
Guess what Star Wars is.

>you'll finally be able to walk into a group of 40k pound babbies, offer a dark greetings, than move to play a superior wargame with your bros