media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ThreePillarXP.pdf

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
dnd.rem.uz/5e D&D Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
Which are you more hyped for: Tomb of Annihilation, Xanathar's Guide to Everything, or Unearthed Arcana: Food and Cooking?

Were on page 6 why did you do this?

Alright guys, I just looked through all of the adventures that take place in the Sword Coast, and noted the ethnicity of each pictured character. If a character was pictured from the back and it could be argued that they could be one race or more, they were not listed. Let's see the ethnic breakdown of the Sword Coast:

Hoard of the Dragon Queen:
77% White
14% Black
5% Asian
5% Middle Eastern

Rise of Tiamat:
67% White
7% Black
13% Asian
13% Middle Eastern

Princes of the Apocalypse:
57% White
26% Black
15% Asian
2% Middle Eastern

Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide:
62% White
21% Black
8% Asian
10% Middle Eastern

Storm King's Thunder:
81% White
14% Black
5% Asian
0% Middle Eastern

Overall, you can see that the books were getting steadily more diverse, but then Storm King's Thunder tried to get rid of all of that! I guess something I don't understand is why there's so many Middle Eastern characters hanging out in The North.

What do you guys think? Is Storm King's Thunder an accurate depiction of the demographics of the Sword Coast, or is Princes of the Apocalypse more your style?

Variant human for what feat? I don't see any necessary feats for a dex Paladin.

Also is dex Paladin even worth it? What are some pros cons?

Xanathar's Guide to Everything

kill yourself

well the cons are that you're way shitter than a strength pally. Pro would be that you're better than PHB ranger, so you got that going for you.

It's really not that great, wouldn't recommend.

Why though? Strenght only provides a little bit more damage and slightly better AC, while dex gives you better initiative, saves and ranged options without multiclassing or magic initiative.

Nobody cared enough to talk about it last thread, nobody cares enough now.

You can't smite at range

>ranged options
Smites are melee only bruh

>dex is exclusively range

>be bugbearmont
>hiding in the rafters
>use your monstrous reach to snag some fucker from 15 feet away and hoist him off his feet
>poor victim can't even let out a groan because his throat is squeezed tighter than his own anus
>asphyxiated and neck-snapped man flopped over the rafter as you creep along and murder the rest of his pals

You can't and I never said otherwise, but there are always rounds where you can not get into melee, so still being able to do anything is neat. When you get into melee you can smite with dex weapons just the same as with str ones.

I still don't see why Str Pala is so much better than Dex Paladin.

You can't GWM + PAM with dex

shield master with level 7 ancients and become the anti-mage

>not leaving them hanging from the rafters by a hastily built noose

Come on, don't you have any sense of style?

Since when is Faerun, Earth? As if every "fantasy" planet has to have the same diversity as our own? Why is this even a thought?

You must scream about whitewashing in everything around you. As if you think there is some conspiracy that WOTC is intentionally not being diverse. You have way to much time on hands.

And to answer why all the Middle Eastern characters in the north, why not? Even though even though there is no "middle east" in Faerun, at least not like it is on Earth.

How do you play a Conquest Paladin in ToA? What could he want to conquer?

How do you play a low level Conquest Paladin in general? How are you supposed to fulfill your tenets if everything is stronger than you?

>feeding the troll

I don't really complain about whitewashing in everything. I'm just confused as to why there aren't more black characters.

There's actually some pasta about this. Search for the bugbear contractor.

It was always my dream to have my leg in one of the 5E thread pictures. Just grabbing pictures of magic items that someone wanted.

fuck off and die, no one cares about your shitty race baiting

Chult is a big backwards jungle full of tiny tribes. You could easily be taking over and uniting in the name of either Ubtao, the primordial spirit that empowers the druids and priests in Chult, or you could be campaigning against them, and bringing Jesus to the natives.

No, I have a sense of survival

That's... unique

Fuck off, racist.

it also come with a nice big map like curse of strahd

Can 5 level 1s take on a troll and win

Fuck no, they'd get demolished

Is the ring of winter actually in the book? Thanks for the shots so far.

If you could be anything, why would you be a nigger?

Because they're better than white people.

lol burrrnnnnnn!!!!

Why are you pretending to be me? To start arguments? I don't think that black people are better than whites, I just want them to be represented in fantasy.

>implying I'm throwing the staff into the sphere
It's okay dude. I'll just cast Contingency with Protection from Evil and Good if I fail my save.

Honestly just stop responding to the bait. We managed to ignore him for like 2 hours in the last thread. We can keep this marathon going.

No one is pretending to be you. I was only giving my reasoning.

Is this thread going to be somehow even worse than the last thread?

Looks like it's on the previous page of this.

Why not? That's what every thread is like.

Which is the best gish, Paladin/Sorcerer or Paladin/Bard?

W H I P S

Paladin/paladin is pretty good

No, last thread's thing was backgrounds.

Captcha: "Georgenschwaigstr." What the actual, factual fuck.

They can if they meme it up with a horse and a troll willing to be kited by a guy with fire bolt.

Oh hey they updated the ring of winter to 5e.
I wonder how they balance it given its big detriment in AD&D was based on RP, if you ever tried using the ring for a non-altruistic task it killed you and everyone within miles of you, which doesn't seem like something they do these days.

Reminder: Don't response to stupid and obvious bait. Thank you.

Nice rotation friendo____

As a DM do i really have to allow my bard to seduce anything if they roll high enough

Don't tell me what to do tripfag

Yeah im not sure why its the wrong way when i flipped it already, whatever its good enough

>"I roll to seduce" meme

Does responding to tripfags count?

I've missed the stats for the ring of winter in SKT because the frost giants are searching for it to create an ice age

WE

Yes, it does. I think it's some sort of meta-humor.

But taking only 2 levels in Paladin gives you Smite and Heavy Armor without any silly oaths holding you down. Personally I feel like Valor Bard is a good multiclass because you still get extra attack that way.

Im 100% fucking serious I have a meme bard in my party

ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS

When are the mods of Veeky Forums going to stop sucking cock and removing this faggy /pol/ posts?

Report this kind of shit.

This is somehow even worse than the usual.

If you're a paladin, you've sworn an oath. You may not be benefiting from it yet, but you're devoted to the path. That's literally where your power comes from.
Also, if you think oaths are silly, you can just refluff paladin. You don't have to come up with this "I'm just dipping so it's not binding" meta-explanations.

For DMs who use music in your games,
by what categories do you sort your music?

So to balance the ring they made the ring itself so evil it wants to kill everyone including the wielder?

I guess that works. Also neat that they turned one of the methods of destruction (freezing the entire world) into just one of its casual powers.

>Veeky Forums
>mods

Better than /pol/ bait memes to bee desu

It is exactly meta humor, but you get disadvantage on the roll for realizing it.

Then just don't let them make rolls for that
The DM decides when a player makes a roll, full stop.

>asserts whips always make sonic booms
>everyone points out they don't unless you're trying and really good
>switches tactics and asserts that killing someone drops them to the ground with a huge clatter
>people point out that in pulling someone, you can maintain contact with them and hold them up
>switches tactics AGAIN and asserts that strangling someone to death makes enough noise to alert everyone within a 200 foot radius
What will you do now when we point out that no, ears don't work like that and you can actually kill people silently.
if you were smart you'd hit on the fact that there is no "pulling attack" in the game, raw

But me not letting people roll for whatever they want upsets one of my players

Let them attempt it, but there are some people who simply will not fall in love with him.

That player is a retard and you should tell them to get the fuck over it. Don't let the players run the game for you if you expect to have any kind of control.

The metahumor becomes shitposting if you keep doing it.

Storm Kangz Thunder has a distinct lack of Kangz

What we'll do is tell you to not import old arguments into the new thread.

As a DM, there's nothing I hate more than a player saying they roll a specific skill, because that's metagaming of the highest order.
Also as a DM, I love it when a player has a conversation with an NPC, and I get to drop "hmm, he's hesitating. Roll persuasion."

I like to create more flavour weapons rather than just +Xs.

The next quest is having the party recover an meteor so the blacksmith can forge a weapon with it.

My first idea was that if you beat the target AC by more than 7, you do an extra d4 radiant damage, beat the AC by 10 and it does d6 extra and a critical hit is 3dX +Mod.

Thoughts?

Blacks are a minority in the forgotten realms because chult is a long ways away and most people there are too poor to ever afford to immigrate

Dark skinned people are a minority in the forgotten realms because chult is a long ways away and most people there are too poor to ever afford to immigrate

>getting me confused with other people

fucking lol

as long as we're on the same page that "silent kills" are strictly non-raw/rai meme bullshit then I'm good.

What class should my Yuan-Ti be: Bard, Sorcerer or Wizard?

Wizard

Don't make people do math.

Only if stupid fuckmooks keep responding to the bait.
And since the level of stupid fuckmooks has massively increased in variety and number on Veeky Forums in the last several years for whatever reason, probably yeah.

Banned.

5e combat is a goddamn slog. Why do you want it to be more of a slog?

Both weak and complicated (except the critical bit, that could be useful occasionally).
You could just make it do +1d4 radiant unconditionally - not at all OP without a to-hit bonus.

5e is literally the least sloggy D&D has ever been. I'm not sure what you're smoking.

Too much silliness.
Meteor metal conducts arcane energies, counts as magical for resistance shit and either count as a shield against ranged spell attacks, or allows casters to wield meteor weapons without proficiency, depending on who you want to use it.

No. You can't just 'roll' for everything. Some things are literally impossible. Your faglord bard cannot roll to seduce every tom dick and harry he comes across just because he craves semen.

Tell him he rolls and automatically fails and if he tries that "but muh nat 20" remind him that nat 1's and 20's aren't automatic fails and successful and they never fucking were.

I'm trying man.. I'm trying.

Sit everyone down and talk to them again about when and what they roll for. Encourage them to ask 'can I try doing this for so and so reasons', make sure they clearly state what they want to do before you ask for a roll and have the roll happen. If there is no way that the roll actually has an impact, don't bother doing the roll and just respond right away.

Just because they get a nat 20 on a skill check doesn't mean they succeed or get to do exactly what they want. Tell your group again about this - crit fails and success are only for attack rolls.

If they keep being a pissbaby, you may want to consider tossing their arse out and telling them to find the true lulz randumb campaign they want to play.