Warhammer 40k General (40kg)

Teensiest Heldrake Edition

>Death Guard stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/07/codex-focus-death-guard-part-2-special-rules-and-psychic-powers-sep-7gw-homepage-post-2/

>Top 5 Squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Konor Campaign, fucken rigged
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A89Z5Ogu0Qc
youtube.com/watch?v=VEjaR_-lCxw
mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_kth_hyd_min_101_000
mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_kth_hyd_wcf_101_000
mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_kth_hyd_wld_101_000
ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40K-Custom-Lost-Legion-with-10-Chapter-Names-Aquatic-Theme-/152147541393?hash=item236cb33d91:g:~hkAAOSwhOVXcqV3
youtube.com/watch?v=biqPX_uQ6m0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Any tutorials or tips for painting Imperial fists lads?

i think striking scorpion 82 has a tutorial on how he painted his really nice imperial fists.

Was losing Konor part of Mortarion's plan?

duncan did a video on imperial fists

youtube.com/watch?v=A89Z5Ogu0Qc
youtube.com/watch?v=VEjaR_-lCxw

As a Necron player constantly fighting a Tau player with an army made of nothing but battle suits and drones. Are the Gauss Exterminator Sentry Pylons worth taking?

Our games range from 1000 points to 2000.

Thanks.

Prime white or brown.

What the fuck happened to all the Death Guard preorder stuff?

What will Sisters Order tactics be like?

I'm sorry but dry brushing marines is just ugly. Not even duncan can make it look good.

Someone a couple threads ago was looking for Alpha Legion daemon prince ideas. Mierce is a great idea.

mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_kth_hyd_min_101_000
mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_kth_hyd_wcf_101_000
mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_kth_hyd_wld_101_000

A while back it was postulated that burgers always cheap out on table. Two burgers responded with "nuh-uh our stores have really good tables" which totally missed the point.

Post your tables (yours, not your stores!) and your country.

UK

1/5 - city table

Never been a fan of just using those buildings. Looks boring.

How long is left on the campaign? I heard the extended it for a bit but no idea when its over.

2/5 - Imperial outpost

3/5 - zone mortalis

what games is that for? seems hard to play 40k on that one

4/5 - this is a set I used to use when I was travelling.

What happened to that commissar model with one arm held out with a bolt pistol and the other arm calmly folded behind his back?

I've found that if you're just wanting to get the armor done, especially in batches, priming white and then just giving it a heavy wash of Casandora yellow gets you a nice even yellow.

It's for playing Zone Mortalis (which is a FW 40K derivative for storming command posts, boarding space craft, etc.)

5/5 - just for fun

Do I need to buy the Index Imperium books if i want to play Imperial Guard and or Space Marines Primaris?

IG yes, Primaris just get the Space Marine Codex.

Imperial guard - yes, you need the index. They don't have a codex yet and we don't have a date or even a good rumour of a date.
Primaris - maybe. Index if you want to play Blood Angles, Dark Angels or Space Wolves - Codex if you want to play vanilla marines.

>No it's MY Trident!

You dont need to buy any of the books because you can just download them from the mega and either put them on your phone or just print out the relevant sections but if you want to support them

The top is shit, but that's a sweet model.

>we don't have a date or even a good rumour of a date.
We know it'll be out by the end of November, it's not exactly a huge window to have to wait.

You can use the SM codex for space marine units that are in blood angels etc armies

> Have the nicest paints in the industry
> Package them in the shittiest containers imaginable

GW is fucking retarded

> Have the nicest paints in the industry

>You can use the SM codex for space marine units that are in blood angels etc armies
You can but then he needs to buy both in order to have the BA rules.

That's really helpful...

>The top is shit, but that's a sweet model.
Yeah, not how I'd have designed it but at the time it was designed the void shield generator model was listed as having battlements.

Then the official model didn't have battlements...

Id take it based on looks alone, however if it needs line of sight to its target the suits will be pretty hard to get on m with it not being mobile

>buy both
Or just use datasheets found ON FHE GAMES WORKSHOP WEBSITE

STUFF when?

Please link to primaris datasheets that list the BA specific rules.

On the subject of GW paints.
What have you been glad to have bought, what you regret buying, and what you wanna try.
Nuln Oil is great
Wild Rider Red is eh, bit too orangey
Wanna try glazes and technicals

You'll buy more paints more often because they're in shit pots like that. It might not affect you personally all that much, as in you might buy three or four more paints per year than you would have if they were in normal pots, but this means millions of more paints pots a year if it's the case for everyone.

The "datasheets" on the Primaris store pages are literally just the point values and a sheet saying who can take what unit.

What

There aren't any. Primaris don't get blood angels rules.

Taking the recommendations from the last thread heres my finalized list, thoughts?

Space Wolves 1999/2000 Vanguard/SpearHead Detachments

Vanguard - 762pts
HQ - 257pts
Bjorn the Fellhanded: Plasma Cannon, trueclaw w/ heavy flamer

Elite - 505pts
Dreadnought: Assault Cannon, Great wolf claw w/ storm bolter
Relic Deredeo Dreadnought: Autocannons, Aiolos, Twin HB
Lone Wolf in Terminator Armor: Storm shield/Thunder Hammer

Spearhead - 1237pts
HQ - 95pts
Iron Priest: Thunder hammer

Troops - 243pts
x14 Bloodclaws: power axe, + wolf guard pack leader in terminator armour w/ TH/SS

Heavy Support - 899pts
Long Fangs: x2 las, x2 missile, plasma gun, terminator pack leader w/ stormbolter/shield/cyclone
Land Raider Crusader: Multi-melta
Relic Leviathan Dreadnought: Grav Bombard, Storm Cannon Array

Man I want that now
If only I was better at modelling

Then what datasheets are you even talking about? GW doesn't post 40k datasheets on their website.

No regrets (I got a full set for substantially less than half price)

>There aren't any. Primaris don't get blood angels rules.
So a BA Primaris Librarian doesn't use the BA powers?

Where did you get that from senpai

Nigga, I don't own a fucking house, do you think I have room for tables? I can't even have a dedicated hobby room.

Damn that is crazy
Which is your fave?

The paint rack? Made it.

Ikea table top, aluminium extrusion.

10 minutes with a saw, drill and screwdriver.

>tfw my hobby area is a small side table next to my tiny ass computer desk.

ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40K-Custom-Lost-Legion-with-10-Chapter-Names-Aquatic-Theme-/152147541393?hash=item236cb33d91:g:~hkAAOSwhOVXcqV3

>wtf is this?
He is selling to pieces of lined notebook paper with is OC do not steal ideas for a space marine chapter.
for 89 dollars.

No excuses - I had tables for literally 20 years before I had a dedicated hobby room, all of which I was living in small apartments.

I have a full range of paints for painting smurfs, even the macragge blue spray, but only after I bought them I realized that I will never fucking play them.

No because the librarian's datasheet doesn't say it uses sanguine discipline.

Typhus corrosion is pretty boss.

That is the gayest shit

Why would I buy a table when my local game store provides tables? I own a couple of mats and I'd like to get/make terrain but I have other shit to work on first.

Which is exactly why you need the BA rules from the index.

>.BLOOD ANGELS PSYKERS generate their psychic powers from the Sanguinary discipline (below) instead of the Librarius discipline.

Comboed with Ryza for sick rust effects?

Lol ebay is a hive of kike faggotry

Sponge or stipple on small spots of black for battle damage, followed by a light silver inside the black.

Because playing at home with friends and beer is just better than playing in store?

How would one go about making this

The Primaris librarian isn't even in the list of units BA can take LOL

It end on 9/11

Oh, you mean where did I get the cheap paint set?

A buddy of mine has accounts with a bunch of distributors (from running a computer parts store) and one of those carries some wargaming stuff.

He bought one of those display racks full of paint - split the paints into a bunch of full sets and sold them for half price. Then sold the rack.

He got a full set for free and I got a set for less than half price.

The store is a more central location and the group that meets up is all friends anyways. Also we can actually have more than one game going at a time compared to the maybe one game we could fit in an apartment.

Damn nigga you are lucky ;_;

FFS. Primaris librarian didn't exist when the index was printed.

The PDF on the Primaris Librarian page on the GW site says "Add all of these units to the list of units that can be from the
Blood Angels (pg 89, Index: Imperium 1), Dark Angels (pg 107,
Index: Imperium 1), Space Wolves (pg 130, Index Imperium
1) and Deathwatch (pg 171, Index: Imperium 1) Chapters (or
theirsuccessors). "

So - you can take a blood angels primaris librarian and you need the index to get his powers.

You also need it to get access to inferno pistols and hand flamers, heavy flamers, black rage, etc.

>TFW you want that bigass Nugle Bundle and support your local store, but you get the feeling they won't get around to updating their orders before it's all gone.

>>>
> Anonymous 09/09/17(Sat)09:59:33 No.55300157 ▶
> (You)
>Where did you get that from senpai
>>>
> Anonymous 09/09/17(Sat)09:59:44 No.55300161 ▶
> (You)
>Nigga, I don't own a fucking house, do you think I have room for tables? I can't even have a dedicated hobby room.
>>>
> Anonymous 09/09/17(Sat)10:00:32 No.55300166 ▶
> (You)
>Damn that is crazy
>Which is your fave?
Ryza is too orange in most cases - I prefer Mig
dark rust oil paint.

Imperial Guard in Urban camo is the best scheme

So BA Primaris aren't affect by the Black Rage?

Is it a GW store? If you use their in-store tablet to order via the website, the store gets the recognition for the order even if you have it delivered to your house.

>LOS mattering in 8E

As long as one speck of that pylon in a 360 degree arc can draw a line see to the tip of one of the battle suits weapon or a pixel sized area of its base it can fire all its weapons at it.

If I want to run pure primaris army what should I bring?

Black Rage isn't strictly a gene seed flaw, it's warp fuckery. That's why I think Cawl is full of shit.

Nah, it's my LGS, nearest official GW store is in Germany, so all their books are in kraut.

A wooden spoon

Just order online nigga. If you really want the collector shit it isn't worth the risk.

Don't know why, but Zandri Dust and Death World Forest seem to always work pretty well for me. Also based Nuln, obviously, since you can actually use it to get a pretty good black metallic with some work.
Haven't really got much use out of most of my reds after switching to a green Admech scheme, but I need to pick up a few more metals to do guns and armour trim. Just Warplock Bronze isn't cutting it for the entire Knight, especially since I need the variety since the skeleton and armour trim are the same colour.

Easiest method I have used

youtube.com/watch?v=biqPX_uQ6m0

jesus user get it together

Fuck, so when are we getting the actual plague marines and HQ shit? i dont want fucking mortarion, i just want me some sweet sweet bubonic axes :(

>tfw super torn on whether to get Morty or not

Not yet.

I am personally using this battalion as my backbone, lotsa room to expand in whatever direction you want but this is easy to get a hold of and lets you play at 1k. Using 2 sets of Dark Imperium with the lieutenants converted into other HQs you get

Battalion
HQ: Captain with auto-Bolter+power-sword
HQ: Librarian
Troops: 5 Intercessors with bolt-rifles x2, 5 Intercessors with Stalker-bolters x2
Heavy: 5 Hellblasters with standard incineratorsx2

The coming weeks. It took GW four weeks or so to release all the Primaris.

So death guard are looking hot as fuck.

I've already got 21 odd plague marines, 120 pox walkers, typhus, 3 fartcasters, 3 lords of contagion, 3 blight drones, 3 basic bitch helbrutes. Ten chaos terminators ( a choppy squad and a shooty squad) and a land raider.

Going to pick up a Winged Daemon prince, some spawn , the new tank and the new terminators.

Any suggestions on where else to expand? Defilers tempting just cos the models cool, papa nurgle and some plaguebearers would be thematically tasty too.

>$140
>get called a WAAC fag
>probably won't even paint it
Just do it. You're GWs target audience

If yOu like the Defiler, maybe consider a Plague Hulk.

You need anti vehicle units. A predator is amazing for just under 200 points. Play it with 2 lascannon sponsons and decide if you want the autocannon or lascannon on top.

Does Garran Branatar have rules in 8th edition, or does he just count as a Salamanders Terminator?

He's 110€ here, also I refuse to put anything on a table that isn't painted.

Ig player:
The BAAAINEBLAAAAAAADE is pretty wallet-heavy... is it needed? Is it good value?