Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1732: I Like Turtles Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

turtle soup

You monster.
Stay the fuck away from the turtles.
They are a cute, not food.

i will eat roasted bowser with cooked mushrooms

Cute things can be food too ya know? Just look at this fish.

If the Earth Kingdoms industrialise under a communist leader, how many people could be spared death by starvation if we made huge bowl of Lion Turtle soup?

They'd still starve because commies can't into agriculture.
It's their Achilles Heel.

Fewer than would be saved from wounds by forcing the turtle to teach people water healing.

>implying that cute things can't be food

Do you even extra-planar threat?

find lionturtle
trap lion turtle
cut pieces off turtle
heal turtle
repeat

>Commies can't into agriculture

But that's wrong. It's just that their plans are so hermetic that don't allow for flexibility at first, so when they fuck up in the first stages, that usually means a 10 year famine until they can change it again and fix things up.

Both Russia and China improved greatly with communism when it came to agriculture once they ended their first idiotic ideas.

Well that one in the picture teach Fire bending. A little less useful in humanitarian pursuits, no?

Everyone and their mothers being able to bend lightning for power generation is retarded btw

Man I remember that episode. So fucking weird and that human blender scene was so hilariously over the top.

Demiurge, get out.

>But that's wrong.
>I will now proceed to explain to you why exactly you were CORRECT.
Make up your goddamn mind, ya scarlet bastard!

It's not like any other system didn't had famines or fuck ups, right? The centralized system just meant that it was harder to correct, but not impossible.

why after all i'm one hell of a jumper

I just realized we don't have blood c/+ jumps. I am now sad.

Black Butler jump when

The trips and rule #1 mandate that you solve that problem.

Yo, /jc/ what's good? So I need a little help here.

Been tryin' to figure out Caster Rin's Noble Phantasm Abilities. Her NPs are Tohsaka Crest and Azoth Sword.

Now I'm trying to figure out what they do aside from:
> Tohsaka Crest
Makes Tohsaka Family Magecraft bullshit...what the fuck IS their magecraft anyways, it can't just be Jewel Magecraft.
> Azoth Sword
Stable Mana Battery for days, also budget close-ranged mini-Excaliblast.

Any ideas guys?

No, it is just Jewel magecraft, which I believe is one of the Skills. They're that, have some general magic (Some of which was taken from the Edelfelts) and they've been trying to get into the second magic for a while.

i think there was a wip somewhere but i cant find it

So, have you ever fought someone as an enemy, and maybe imprisoned, exiled or even killed them, just to companion them in another jump of the same setting?

If so, what was their reaction when they learned what you had done to their alternate self?

Val's working on one so it might take a while but it'll be good.

B-b-but it'll be shit if I make it....

Just give it a try. You already wasting your life by being here, so the least you can do is create 'something'.

>taken from the Edelfelts
To be fair, the martial art practiced by the Edelfelts was taken from the Tohsaka. Which was a significant enough Mystery (without using magecraft) to work towards Akasha and to attract the attention of Zelretch.

As the writer for this chain, I think I'll have to use my singular "Oh HELL NAH!" Veto to object to this, as my mind effectively stalls trying to figure out how to write this without making it dominate my chain and make it more interesting then "SUDDENLY I KNOW WHAT MINNOWS FEEL LIKE WHEN THERE'S A SWARM OF PIRANHAS AROUND!". It'd violate common sense and my own logic to be able to survive this jump without effectively nullifying the interest of literally every other jump. I'm sure everybody wanted to see me try to figure out how to write SMT, but I think it'd basically dominate my chain power wise if I chose it.

1. Wadnohara
2. Digimon
3. Custom Robo
4. Enter the Gungeon
5. Teen Titans
6. Girl Chan
7. NIGHTS into dreams
8. Kid Radd

Queue:

Rolled 4 (1d8)

And I forgot to roll.

>I Like Turtles

Aprol O Neil needs some liking too

Rolled 6 (1d8)

Don't mind me, just making a likely futile attempt to STICK WITH A STARTING JUMP FOR THIS CHAIN DEAR GOD MAN.

Turtle penis would destroy April. Especially human sized turtles.

...SimAnt. Could be worse, I guess? Anyone interested in me posting a build?

At least it isn't rat penis

Why not, I'm too drunk of post-exam celebrations to build at the mo and the thread seems ded

Quick. I need both ways to quickly acquire absolutely disgusting amounts of money with little to no effort on my part and perks which let me spend it on interesting things.

Also money management stuff in general, since it sounds interesting.

Birthday skeleton perk when.

'Aight, here it is.

Starting Location: City Apartment! Rats, roaches and really bad smells abound.

Background: Royalty, because why not?

Perks:

[Wings]: Wings! Wings are amazing! Even if I probably shouldn’t use them for fear of birds/flyswatters/being mistaken for a filthy, filthy termite. {Free!}

[Right as Reign]: Seems useful. He, you never know when you want an idiot to stick up a 7-11 so you don’t have to, right? {-200CP=800CP}

[Royal Duties]: I’m…I’m just not going to question how a drone is laying eggs. Also, I am now LARGE, AND WIDE. {-300CP=500CP}

[Killer Queen]: Well. Hello spider army, I suppose. Or maybe something even nastier---this place has rats, right? {-500CP=0CP}

[Biggest Jaws of All]: “If it’s found in nature, it’s found here”, eh? Even limiting myself to insects, that’s a fairly staggering array of options. Let’s go with the raptorial forelimbs of a Preying Mantis, and the acidic spit of a Japanese Giant Hornet. {-200CP=-200CP}

Drawbacks:

[Bugs]: Yeesh, looks like there’s a lot more competition then advertised now. At least I’ll have a more varied set of minions, right? {+200CP=0CP}

The Witches jump has a machine for that. The Treasure Planet jump has a planet for that. The Terraria jump has an item for that if you liquidize it.

*Praying Mantis. Damn how'd I miss that one?

>Birthday skeleton perk when.
We have the nightmare before Christmas for that.

for the cheap, cheap price of 1000CP (500 if discounted) you could get the First True magic from Fate/Stay Night which would allow you to create literal mountains of cash or diamonds

(after a few centuries of practice)

So, this guy, MASSIVE slob, right? Seriously, guy makes David Lister look like a germophobe. Anyway, I get the stupid idea of “hey, if I can remake rats and other bugs and crap as my slaves, why not give this poor bastard some nightmares?” So I did. It was the standard thing—waking up covered in bugs, opening the fridge to find it full of rats, heck, I even got like, forty spiders to go out and spin a web big enough to catch a bat! Let me tell you, his reaction to that thing was priceless. Didn’t do much else, but one guy’s decade of torment is entertainment enough for Jump-chan, right?

something like diamond would actually be VERY easy to summon. a perfect diamond is just carbons bonded to 4 other carbons covalently, on a very large scale. its probably one of the easiest things to make. it probably just require more power

Hey Nikamoth. Is the OC Companion Customization option in Wadanohara supposed to grant them any CP?

So i have a question for people:
How many people actually start their jumpchains in Pokemon? i personally usually default to Infamous.

I have never jumped infamous and Ive been here like 3 years.

I do because it seems important to start in a setting I know and there isn't another jump of a setting I know as well which is relatively low risk and has a perfect memory perk.

> quickly acquire absolutely disgusting amounts of money with little to no effort on my part
The Dragon Ball GT jump has the Wonderful, Wonderful Gammet item.

It gives you a MASSIVE lump sum in that jump, and 10% of the planet's tax revenue each year in other jumps.

In just one year, you'd be a trillionaire more than a dozen times richer than Bill Gates. And that's just on a standard, modern Earth. Nevermind if you go to a place where the planet's richer.

Without lifting a finger.

...Not sure what to spend it on though.

Just keep in mind all that money drives up the tax rate by 10% over every country on Earth.

Kill Six Billion demons has a similar item... And it escalates to whatever Jump you are in.

So, if you are in Earth, you have a multinational organization, and if you are in SW, you have a galaxy-wide empire.

True. Though you can be selective in that if you don't want to force /everyone/ to pay you.

I guess you could just stick with the lump sum if you don't to do that at all...

Yeah, but that kinda requires managing a guild/pseudo-legal crime syndicate.

Origin: Drop-Gun

Perks: 1900
Iron Sights (Free)
Everything You Need (100)
And None Of What You Don't (200)
Hold Your Fire (100)
Luck of the Scumbag (200)
A Shot Through Time (300)
Gunjuring (400)
How To Outsmart Bullet: A Primer (600)

Stuff: 0
Trusty Firearm - Bad Breath (Free)
Ammonomicon (Free)

Drawbacks: +900
Enter The Pungeon (+0)
Mimic's Curse (+100)
Wrath of the Gun Munchers (+200)
The Sixth Chamber (+600)

I was back to being a Fledgeling in size, considering I'm inside at the moment I guess I'll accept that. However, Vera seemed to be missing, for the first time in decades I felt a hole in my soul.

There were four others, although I didn't care strongly for them. I helped improve the bonfire before leaving, entering into the dungeon.

I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of my battle. Most foes easily fell to my fangs, claws, and breath. Anyone else fell easily to fire magics and theft of their bullets.

There was one thing however I lacked that others had, I had no regrets. I grew worried, but then I realized something. I really could have gone for a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich before I came to this world. Decision made, I went onward.

I collected many weapons and tools over time, including an odd thing that felt like a reference to a world I went to previously. The "Gun Soul". I am unsure of what it does outside of this realm, but here it resets the floor I'm on until I recollect it. Perhaps outside of this realm it'll do something... Else...

Anyways, the Gungeon was far easier then I expected. I even slew the Lich, flawlessly evading his attacks and striking him down vigorously with a wide array of lethal weapons and even got a new shiny set of armor that gets harder over time and let's me shoot directly from my ammo supply instead of needing to reload.

All in all, I got a good haul. I even learned some interesting new spells of Gun Magic.

I used to... But there is little point to do it now. I can get Pokemons in other jumps and I don't specially like the setting.

I usually favor starting a Jump when you can get superhuman-immortal without too much risk (Hellsing, Overlord, GATE, Death Note), and then go back to street level jumps to build more powers/experience before start heading to shonen jumps.

Honestly, the risk of dying of sickness or accident during the first 10 years is too great for me. I can't find in it myself to justify a character that given the choice, would rather risk the potential that Jumpchain gives just to get to X risky setting earlier.

Well, you can always leave someone else to do it.

Rolled 1 (1d8)

Reunited again with his lover, Our Hero leaves the Dungeon at last and travels onwards.

2. Digimon
3. Custom Robo
4. Wadnohara
5. Teen Titans
6. Girl Chan
7. NIGHTS into dreams
8. Kid Radd

Queue: Whoops I forgot to ask for another jump.

And thusly was Magicka cast into the Void, never to be seen again.

Just pick one of the remaining 7,
and fill the slot with Infinite Stratos.

Bride Stories.

Get to EMBROIDERING.

You look like you need Strike Witches.

>rolled an empty slot in your jump list
Well it's obvious you have to make a new jump before you can jump it.

Do Teen Titans!

ERROR 404: JUMP NOT FOUND
What? We've been sailing for a while and we haven't gotten anywhere.
>"Oh dear."
The wind's gone.
>"Is that a light?"
Perhaps, perhaps it's a way out.
>>"WOW I THOUGHT THIS EMULATOR WAS EMPTY!"
Who the hell are you?
>>"DON'T WORRY PROGRAM! I'LL GET YOU OUT!"
>"Now wait just one second-"
KID RADD JUMP LOADED. ENTERING.

Haven't started in Pokemon since I first started doing my chains, instead I've gone No Game No Life, Nichijou, Persona, and Hero BBS so far.

How many jumps are you at and how much subjective time does that amount to?

I think I'm at about 80 jumps and four thousand years.

at least 400 and at least 6000 years.

Are we counting background memories?

Oh I hadn't thought of that. No I was just counting time spent in-Jump.

4-500 or so jumps, literally uncountable years lived

my current chain is at 36. time spent is >300 million years.

how'd you manage that? the broken time drawback in Generic Xianxia?

Get 10% of the National Budget from Weakness of Beatrice. It makes it so that people will give you the equivalent of the GDP of Sweden, just to get on your good side. Forever. Over $500 billion a year. And sure, a jumper could easily get more money in other ways. But those all involve some form of company to convert whatever good or service you've produced into money. This doesn't, and it's just fun to say "I personally have the GDP of Sweden".

yep, great place to train up your abilities since you can get so much extra time there. spent 300 million years there training in the First and Second true magics, as well as constantly devoting some mana to using Upgrade to increase my mana and mana output, aswell as some other stuff like strength/speed etc.
as you can imagine, 300 million years of using Upgrade on your mana and mana output has a pretty profound effect.

by the end of my time there, i could use the True Magic to create Forerunner shield worlds at will (i took the forerunner trove just previous to the Xianxia jump)

So what sort of person did you become? You've spent 300 million years doing nothing but training, how'd that change you? That's the problem with really long jumps like that, unless you're the most boring person in the world you're going to change over time. Even with those "the core aspects of your personality are preserved" perks, there's going to be some change. And when you've got millions of years of time to account for it gets hard to figure out what your end state is.

Alright. Then I'm at about 400 jumps, and around 28000 years. Most of which (22000 years) was in Civ and Stellaris.

About 160 jumps and 6,000 years.

Tyrannid, Stellaris, Tales of Phantasia, and Justice League Dark account for 4000 of that.

That isn't really a problem. Many xianxia protags spend literal billions or quadrillions of years training without changing a bit. That applies to pretty much every other cultivator of that level as well.

i constantly explored, using the perk that lets you always find something interesting. by about the third century, i couldn't stay in one place for too long, had a serious case of wander lust. by the end of the first million years i had settled down again. i'd seen most of what there was to see. at this point i started trying to find any and every rare plant and item and study them. after another million years of that i became a random hermit that lived in the mountains and helped young folk that came to seek my help. i also may have created/introduced several new types of species into the wild.
Also, you'd be surprised by how fast time flies when your cultivating

I distinctly said "unless you're the most boring person in the world", user. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're a real boy instead of an automaton that turns pagecount into boredom.

Reminder that, if you spend too long training, you'll snap and end up partying so hard that you blackout the following three jumps.

that guy wasn't me this was me

880 Jumps.
>Time
Uhhh... a lot.

>"""real""" people
All too many humans spend their lives without changing all that much.

Not really a problem, plenty of Jumps can be spent napping the entire time.

Alright, sounds like you led an interesting life. So how would you say that changed your end state, did you become more introverted as a result of spending so much time as a hermit towards the end?

Yes, I realize that. Sorry, update delays got me confused.

But they do change, if only slightly, and that's over a period of only eighty years or so. Over a period of millions? A slight habit you picked up by chance could eventually develop into a full-on life philosophy.

A lot. 900's.
Present count is 66,042,799.29 observer years in chain.
Somewhat more subjective years, due to some accelerated time/accelerated state of awareness shenanigans.

oh definitely. if not for my companions i would have basically had zero human interaction. by the end, loneliness and boredom didn't register nearly as much, if at all. whats 1 year's wait in comparison to 300 million? that sort of thing. admittedly, i didn't truely settle down from my wanderlust. i only stopped since i had seen all there was to see. the second i had access to a spaceship i was off again. sadly no aliens in the xianxia world :(
i also had the whole 'wizened wizard' theme down pat. In summary: no longer gets bored, serious wanderlust/curiosity, less patience for idiots.

152 jumps, 33,698 years total without accounting for accelerated hyperbolic time chamber shenanigans. With accounting for it, it could be anywhere upwards of 540 million at least.

A servant IS a slave, user. The ability of betrayal is held by even slaves.

You're also ignoring how several of the perks, like the 'taking care of a child' one are set up specifically to help you with a child master. So it does indeed support you being a slave.

Isn't the first order supposed to be the poor, scattered remnants of the former Empire? Why are they suddenly rich enough to build shit bigger and better than the Empire could?

actually, thats a question: Jumpers, do you take time off the 10 years for time spent in a time sped up/slowed down bubble. say you were to increase you time speed so that 10 years passed for you, for every 1 year outside. would those 10 years be it, or would you still have another 9 years left?

For the same reason Jurassic World was built despite the disaster of Jurassic Park, why The Hobbit was turned into three movies, why The Cursed Child had to invent a daughter for Voldemort.

Because uninspired, risk-averse sequels inevitably turn into soulless remakes.

It goes by outside time.

However, experienced time is what counts if time travel is involved. The jump doesn't suddenly end because you hopped into a time machine and went ten years into the future.

Teensy tiny update after Cats pointed out a problem, basically adjusting Historical Person item to 50 to cover any leftovers via the import price.

There is a bigger update for this in the works but it's late and I'm mentally burrowed into another jump so it'll have to wait.

Because Disney tossed out most of the EU, which gave its writers license to go "Actually, they never said in the movies what effect the Death Star had on the galactic economy, so we'll treat the Death Star as a project that was made out of deniable funds - an amount a Galactic Senate budget oversight committee could miss."

I normally don't. I usually treat time in jump as 'outside' time.
Otherwise, what's the point of buying a hyperbolic time chamber if you can only get ten years subjective training done before you move on to the next jump?
With subjective time, if you stepped into an AI origin and got ten years of human-speed thinking done at AI speeds you might find yourself leaving after just one year, or a tenth of a year. Heck if you take Berzerker OS that gives you a 600x thinking speed, you'll be in each jump for about 6 days before you have to move on.

Warhammer Tomb Kings has the wealth option for Tomb Kings which as it's lowest is enough to buy out a small kingdom. A bigger tomb = more wealth.

Dungeon Keeper Ami also has the gem furnaces which allowed her to produce a huge amount of wealth in story. Enough so that when a god that hated her invaded her mind it browsed through her mind for how she was so wealthy rather then immediately mind crushing her.

It goes by time observed from outside, for me. Basically, how much time the benefactor would be observing.

If I timestop, it doesn't count. If I go in a year-inside-day-outside room, it only counts as a day. If I timetravel, the timer just keeps going unchanged whenever I arrive.

>Mentally burrowed into another jump
GO I hope?

>Teensy tiny update after Cats pointed out a problem, basically adjusting Historical Person item to 50 to cover any leftovers via the import price.
...I guess I'm importing another person then?

>There is a bigger update for this in the works but it's late and I'm mentally burrowed into another jump so it'll have to wait.
Huh, okay. Anything specific you're changing with that?

Nooooo. I'm totally not just making jumps for random short manga I read over the course of today. I already did my dailies for GO and one of the Gataris, I'm just readying one of the usual small side surprises

Nah, not changing anything, just going to end up adding a few more perks and items once I get to rewatching the movie. And adding in all of Cats suggestions.