Warhammer 4Ok general /40kg/

24 dreads edition
>Old
>Death Guard stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/07/codex-focus-death-guard-part-2-special-rules-and-psychic-powers-sep-7gw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Z24dnDkYbBU?t=2m
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/
youtube.com/watch?v=8PcaBYP2xa4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Soon

Nth for alpharius!

>You can fit the Changeling, three Heralds, sixty Brims, Magnus, Morty and dual Avenger Knight in 2000pts

Neat.

Why no top 5 squigs?

servo-skull beer tap edition

Those names

Fuck someone must have removed it, can someone not Veeky Forums retarded inbed the link so I can post it in next general?

What's your favourite model to paint, /40kg/, the one you're always happy to paint more of? For me it's the basic fire warrior, they're pretty easy to paint with lots of nice sharp edges for highlighting, but still involved enough to keep me interested (i.e. it's not just a case of doing the whole model one or two colours then slapping a drybrush & wash over the top).

post your hype faces, DG bros!

Bought a Chaos Predator for my DG today.

Kinda regret it after reading Plagueburst Cralwer profile. It can also do anti-tank with 36" sponson meltas and D6 S8, -2ap and d3 damage mortar.

Are Predators sufficiently unique in application to justify themselves? Are they sufficiently nurgly in aesthetic?

poxwalkers remind me of that poison the joker used in the batman animated series

Post what dudes you're currently working on so we can start this thread off fun
I've got my little starting collection of maybe traitors going strong after getting drunk and basecoating them all last night
>tfw shit lighting in your tiny apartment

>poxwalkers still 6 points
>still max unit of 20 only

Plaguebearers are 1 point more and gain a multitude of advantages... why on earth do I take Poxwalkers?

ooooh shit its like how nurgle rot used to slowly turn you into a plague bearer, I love it

poxwalkers have extra attack, can come back, get buffed by rules affectig death guard and spells affecting them.

Ogryns, lots of exposed skin and great for cool effects like blood and dirty, truely a unique guard unit

Pre-orders are up in Burgerland.

youtu.be/Z24dnDkYbBU?t=2m

You already own the model, so you have some options:
• Keep it as a predator, magnetize the gun options so you're not stuck with one loadout.
• Convert it into something else.
• Sell it for a loss.

>Top 5 Squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

Double 7s.

this post is blessed by nurgle.

Working on my Battlewagon/Big Trakk weapons, Supa Skorcha with 2 Skorchas done, and currently on the Big Zappa

Danke digga

Just finished this fella, there's the rest of his squad, the other Strike Squad, a Terminator Squad, 2 Razorbacks, a Brotherhood Champion and Voldus to ho before I've finished my 1k list.

New Plaguebeasts?

How much has been leaked of the DG codex exactly ?

HI WOOWEE

Kinda wish I played DG so I'd have a reason to buy Mortarion, LGS selling him for 70europoors
then again thats still a lot of money for plastic toy soldiers

HI WOWEE

Didn't even look at the price because they'll sure be way too expensive for what you get, but these DG dice sure do look pretty.

Can someone explain to me why people say that biovores are good? They're 36 points for a 1/2 chance to have a 1/6 chance to do nothing, 2/3 chance to do 1 wound, 1/6 chance to do d3 wounds (average .5 wounds per shot). If you miss you can set up a spore mine, except you won't be able to do this against bubble wrapped units. Even if we assume you'll be able to set up the spore mine every and it ends up exploding on the target that still only brings up the average to 1 wound per shot. At one shot per turn, assuming all of the ideal conditions for setting up the spore mines, it's 36 points per wound, hardly the exemplar of efficiency.

I would bet it is new "Foul Blightspawn"

Can't believe I missed this.

That's a respectable 'stache.

>that
>pretty
Dude you urgently need to get some better taste

I would be impressed if those dice are actually random and not loaded.

IMO they lack definition, I'ma try giving them woodstain to make them look less like a kinder-egg toy.

is that commissar 6'4" or is that just a guardlet?

>still no stats for the Veteran Seargent

Nope, that's the grenade character guy with the flamethrower.

Better than the tzneetch dice, holy fuck those dice are made for cheating, the five looks just like the three from a distance

>the five and six is almost completely hollowed out for that stupid blight effect

>dat hair on the backpack exhaust

Also you didn't thin them did you?

You want them to miss because you can then fence in enemies with spore mines. They have to either eat the d3 mortal wounds or miss their movement phase to shoot at them.

>mortal wounds at range
>Even if they miss they are can still cause damage
>Impossible to charge

The commissar is 6' and the guardsmen is 5'12"

The hat adds a foot.

Is that a hair on his pack?

my phone sucks but i'm casting some melta gun bits, 1k son head, deciding how to do sonic guns, converting 2 dark angels terms into a chaos lord and sorceror, and making my chaos terms into more emperor's children like

because poxwalkers will be getting lots of buffs

fuck man, the 1 and 6 just annoy me to no end. pretty dice though

well your vision must be shit then because the pips are very easy to tell apart from eachother

>four different toughness traits
>shitty melee trait
>blatantly better than others reroll trait

I saw that hair too late. I blame the cat. Also I did thin my paints but when I was painting the shield I got sick of it so I halfassed it and it came out too thick.

Sourse on any of this?

Don't be surprised by it. Warlord traits (and relics too) always have options that are clearly better than the others. GK always have at least one warlord trait that only does something against Daemons (which nobody wants to have usually)

usual trend for warlord traits

>PlagueBurst Crawler

This shit is better than a Predator. 162 points for Long Range build:
D6 S8 Ap-2 D3 damage, 12-48" range, no LoS needed.
2 S8, Ap-4, D6 damage, 36" range sponsons (basically long range meltas)

>They have to either eat the d3 mortal wounds or miss their movement phase to shoot at them.
They have to take an average of 1 mortal wound (0 wounds on 1, d3 wounds on 6, 1 wound on 2-5).

Thereare no pips, you're telling me you can tell what these roll at a glance from across the table?

youtube.com/watch?v=8PcaBYP2xa4

The newer chaos raptors, super comfy to paint space batmen

>D6 S8 Ap-2 D3 damage, 12-48" range

How is that better than a predator ? The leman russ battle cannon is almost the same, and people have been crying since day 1 that it is trash.

They seem like nice all rounders, basically a more powerful mortar but I still think las preds have a place as better anti-big shit.

How does he use the sword anyway?

I really like to paint assault marines. Love the idea of the models flying through the sky to crash down, rip, and tear.

>2 S8, Ap-4, D6 damage, 36" range sponsons (basically long range meltas)
That's a multimelta without the melta rule

>more points
>worse gun in than the basilisk other than BS
This is why chaos is loosing

Charge your fucking phone user

Its basically like an autocannon. More Str and AP but less reliable damage. Shots are the same too. 2d3 vs d6 is the same.

Oh and I forgot to include his 'plague slugger' weapon. I'm not sure what it does. Probably like a jumped up heavy stubber with plague weapon?

Multi-melta are 24"

Post that anime grill pic on the bottom left.

>post wrong pic
>uncropped screenshot from ifunny
What's the fastest and least painful way for me to kill myself?

he turns off his powerfists

>not living dangerously

That image is everything wrong with Veeky Forums today

Wait, why are the two 1s?

How hare is it to recast heads?

I want to do Genestealers with Feeder Tendrils but those bits are hard to come by.

>Multi-melta are 24"

OD'ing on painkillers, probably.

Most painful would be old age.

>2d3 vs d6 is the same.

But wouldn't the fists make swinging it difficult?

the smaller the piece the harder it is to get a good recast

Simplest options is to get that blue easy-mold stuff and smash a genestealer head in there, then try and use the mold to make a greenstuff cast.

But is correct. I've tried doing it with Bretonnia helmets and goddamn is that tough. Tiny detail sometimes just does not take.

Those looks like "Biologus Putifires"

That didn't stop Guilliman from doing it during the Great Crusade.

Well it looks like a decent all rounder for infantry
Any word on what we have for dedicated anti-tank?

Why do you promote the cancer club?
I'm surprised the cunts aren't charging us for the privilege of listening to then make mom jokes and gargling their own snot.

This Slaaneshi ritual.

Meltas.

S8 termies.

Mortal wound spam.

>same range, different average, different distribution
Depends upon your risk preference.

Horrifying.

Jokes on you I'm in med school and find that shit interesting
>tfw everyone thinks you're a serial killer when you tell them you like to watch surgeries when you paint

>same range

You are actually retarded.

>different average

Which is why one is flat out better than the other.

How appropriate would it be to convert a SC into Primaris? Would you get upset due to the bigger/different model but keeping the same rules?

>people pay to do this to themselves

That's how you make a mess.

The point is that they can't move through the spore mines. Spore mines are great area denial. Put a fence behind your enemy so they can't run away or put a fence in front of the enemy's charge.

We literally have them all labeled now man.

well its not like they see or feel the process as it goes

>put a fence around your enemy
Jokes on you I planned on holding my position until the last man anyways