Necron thread?

Necron thread?

Necron thread.

>those legs
Damn, she thicc as fuck.

Hell yeah, Necron thrad! Death to the fleshy ones!

What are the chances that Imotekh won't bow to the Silent King when he returns?

oldcrons >>>> newcrons

always

Hey fuck you! That's my image to post.

Fuck you, I was here first!

Actually, if you look at the fingers closely, you'll notice they are different edits of the same image, so is technically not the same image

But user, that's a necrocyborg.

Don't know much necron lore. Are they ancient dead souls in machine bodies or just sentient machines?

The former mostly. They transferred their minds into metal bodies cause their old ones were all ate up with space cancer. They regretted it pretty much immediately, however, since it made the vast majority of their race into soulless automatons.

I really want to do something like this.

getting my lil bro a starting set of Necrons for his B-Day next month. what I have set for him to get is a "Start Collecting" box, a box of Immortals, and a box of Lychguards. Right now I'm waiting on the store to get said Lychguards in before I pick them up, along with some model building supplies (the basics such as glue, snips, etc.)

dunno, a heck of a birthday gift?

I found a thing.

Get fucked you creaky old piece of scrap metal. I'm older then you are!

I realised that after I posted mine. It pleases me that I wasn't the only person to do this. And to be honest I think the other one looks better then mine. I didn't curve in the finger like he did. Mine's just stuck out at an odd angle.

Well that's just simply not true.

t. never read the oldcron codex

t. should just paint some 'nids up with gunmetal because that's evidently what he wants

Well thanks for outing yourself as having zero knowledge on the subject, I guess.
At least now I can safely ignore you without concern.

No problem, happy to give you an out so don't have to embarrass yourself.

Says the guy showing up to a necron thread and opining on things he's never read.
Really transparent statement btw. :)

>necrosnek

You mean the codex where the titular race have basically no personality whatsoever and are nothing more than the faceless, nameless minions of the C'tan?

>regurgitating memes instead of reading

So, how were the oldcrons not completely devoid of personality? Cite something from that old codex you're so fond of to indicate that I'm incorrect.

Not an argument.

What happened to ignoring anyone who disagrees with you because you're so clearly right? Shoo shoo, you've got nothing to prove, you're the big winner! :^)

>mfw nu-crons

Necron thread!

Read the book, then I'll discuss it.

That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

>Read the book, then I'll discuss it.

I have. Old necrons were nothing more than the soulless minions of the C'tan.

Remember when necrons were not for sexual?

And?
I'd also be interested to hear what your definition of personality is, and how other factions in the game have it aside from a few named characters.

>bare feet
I sense the hand of footfaggotry in this

I don't see any Necrons in the thread, though.

Personality. You know, the characteristic patters of thinking, feeling and behaving. The Oldcrons were defined by a lack of personality. They were literally just soulless minions of the C'tan. The only personality in the faction was the C'tan. The Necrons were secondary characters in their own fucking story.

Newcrons, while their fluff is far from perfect, at least have some sort of character. They have goals and purpose beyond being the mindless minions for the C'tan. And if you like the whole "ancient, silent undead destroyers" thing, Newcrons can do that just fine, too (see the Orphean War fluff).

I was going to reply to the stuff about personality, and make a point about how nearly all factions lack that to a large degree, then I realized from the second part of your post you haven't even read the newcron codex.
So kindly fuck off with your bullshit.

>r0b0-tits
whyy

>I realized from the second part of your post you haven't even read the newcron codex

And what makes you think that? The Newcrons are driven by the pursuit of their old glory. They seek to recapture their old territories and return their empire to its former glory (and also possibly get fleshy bodies back). You've also got the various individual necrons and their own personal goals such as Trazyn's collecting, or the internal power struggles among the nobility. Whatever you may think of those goals, it still remains that Newcrons have a sense of will and self-direction that the Oldcrons never did.

Tits make everything better.

why the fuck would robots wear shoes?

To not let the filth of an undeserving world taint their superior robot feet?

oldcrons were essentially robo-nids in terms of their goals

>And what makes you think that?
You're regurgitating the exact same misinformation, almost word for word, that I've seen posted here a hundred times.
If you've ever even laid eyes on either codex, it was exclusively to check the rules.

Hi. I'm new and haven't actually read either codex, only 1d4chan stuff. Could you please spell it out for my undeveloped, mentally retarded brain?

I'm with this guy If you've got such an amazing grasp of the fluff, please feel free to demonstrate it.

Or, you can just admit that you're full of crap and the only support for your non-argument is to ineptly claim that other people don't know what they're talking about.

Make an argument or fuck off, holy shit. Are you baiting? The polite thing to do when you can't argue your point is just to fuck off and stop responding.

>spell out 2 books worth of fluff for me so I don't have to read it
kys

>Make an argument or fuck off
Don't have to since I didn't make the claim.
When you do, I'll respond to it.

You're not responding to who you think you are, chode. I have no stake here other than coming in and seeing what a microdick you're acting like. Regardless, here's your (You) since you're obviously baiting and I'm feeling generous.

Confirmation that this guy is full of crap and/or trolling. We can all move on with our lives now.

WiP different colored rods

>You're not responding to who you think you are, chode. I have no stake here other than coming in and seeing what a microdick you're acting like. Regardless, here's your (You) since you're obviously baiting and I'm feeling generous.

So you came into a thread and picked a fight with me, even though you had no involvement in the discussion, (which is contradictory?)
And think this means I have to justify myself to you somehow?
Nice touch on the insults btw, really sold me on how little you care.

Is there much fluff regarding female necrons? If so, is there anywhere I can read about it?

Excellent! I went with different colored rods, too.

shield of baal had one iirc

DELICIOUS GRAPECRONS

That looks great. I also have a squad of blue ones so it changes things up a bit on the board

(You)

The one in the picture is Xun'bakyr, the Mother of Oblivion. She's the Phaerakh of the Maynarkh dynasty, which appeared in Imperial Armor 12. Her dynasty is responsible for the complete destruction of the C'tan known as Llandu'gor, the Flayer, who cursed them with its own hunger for life. It is believed that the first Flayed Ones appeared amongst the ranks of the Maynarkh Dynasty.

I've got this doc on how to paint necrons.

The ones I used for are the only ones I've really liked. They're from Plastruct; I got some blue rods from Plastruct that were so faint that you couldn't tell they were blue. I looked at eBay for others, but I was worried about the quality of the stuff I saw there-- the preview pics looked like they had a lot of bubbles in them.

How do I find them on their website?

I'd really like it if GW would do some more fluff for some other Dynasties in the new dex. Maybe even a few new special characters that are not from Imotek's.

How did we go from this.

To THIS?

I like the middle one's sassy pose.

That's not sassy. Thats sassquatchy.

studio paint scheme. Thats usually the problem with models and it certainly doesn't help here. How the skin is painted makes it look like they're wearing pink robes, not flayed flesh.

>they only flay white people

ANTIFlayers

If you're looking for the Plastruct rods, I'd suggest either eBay or Amazon. Just search for "Plastruct 3/32 rod" and you'll find what you need for the Warriors.

I really wish the Maynarkh would get more love, they have a lot of the menace of the oldcrons while still keeping the personality of the newcrons, plus their feats are pretty crazy.

Shame that GW only makes side-codexes for Imperial or Chaos factions.

The paint job is definitely a problem, but no paintjob in the world is gonna help "bitch, I'm fabulous" in the middle or Mr. Piggy-back.

Currently building a Necron army. I've been having trouble beating a space wolf army because their plasma weapons and Bjorn. Any advice?

Wait for the codex to fix them.
Crons are bad right now.

Without telling us your list, what units you have available to build a list from, and how you are playing your list, we cannot help you.

Well I mean we can suggest units that fare well against Yiff plasma units and Bjorn.

Then by that effect, Iron Curtain.

2 WS-CCBs (298p), 2 tesla ABs (292p), 2 HR-Stalkers (342), 10-man Tesla Immortal Squad (170p), 10-man Warriors in an arc (290p), 20-man warrior blob (240p), cryptek (104p), 3 fabricator spyders (252p)
That puts you/him at (1988p). You can figure out something with the spare (12p).

>Strats
Front load the CCBs and Stalkers. Keep your ABs and the arc in the mid range. Chain the spyders through them. Cryptek stays with the 20-man and tries to keep up with the arc. Drop your 10-man on an objective. Every turn 12" leadership the Immortals and the 20-man.
You outrange all but the Plasma Cannon and Incinerator (idk what they are running, but I was told go ahead) where you meet those in range. ABs, 20-man, and Immortals are anti-infantry. Spyders heal 1d3 which applies after their natural heal. If they supercharge, you have a 1-in-6 to negate, but that is just a bonus.

Super Secret Tek
Replace an AB and 1 spyder with a Doom Scythe. You gain (+9p), increasing your free points to (21p). Now if they overcharge, they explode on a 1&2 to shoot the DS. DS has a similar damage template to AB, but sucks as of 8e versus other fliers or AA.

What's the deal with Orikan? Is The Stars Are Right supposed to represent him turning into a c'tan?

>turn into a C'tan
What? No. Have you read any of the codexes? Do you even know what a C'tan is?
He just divines the future through probability and his stats change to reflect that he knows where and when to punch.

I only ask because Orikan Empowered is nearly identical to the statblock of a transcendant C'tan shard, though your explanation makes more sense but is less fun.

Anyone got anymore Necron art? Looking for anything, in all shapes and sizes

Maynarkh newcrons best newcrons.

Tyranids do not empire build.

Why do you think personality is needed to like a faction? A cosmic horror faction cannot coexist with personality, because knowledge bombs mystery and thus, the fear factor.

New necrons are simply one more faction, oldcrons were an ancient cosmic horror that was awakening.

Even though you enjoy newcrons more, you cannot say that they are categorically better just because of personaity because most people that like necrons started to like them for their lack thereof.

I wouldn't say that, I can go for either Oldcrons or Newcrons, I just started liking the Necrons because they were hard to kill robot skeletons that shot laser beams like I assume a lot of other people did.

Don't mind me. I'm just a cute Nurgling spreading some of Nurgles love ^_^!