So what the fuck is this cancer?

So what the fuck is this cancer?

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodofkittens.com/wargaminghub/2013/03/31/wip-death-guard-plague-marines/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well you were probably dropped on your head.. so where to begin?

The more detailed the model is, the harder it is to recast, the harder it is to make miniatures to proxy it with, the harder it is to buy from anyone except Games Workshop.

I like a lot of the new nurgle stuff.
But this pose, for the only other named character, is painful.
This pose is fucking horrible.

Honestly he looks like shit. It's way over designed

t. salty shill

>the harder it is to make miniatures to proxy it with

Just take a grave warden, give him Cataphractii arms with a power scythe, and you're don. Of if you're really lazy, a regular cataphractii with a power scythe.

No, that's plastic. This is the cancer one.

all that death guard shit is way over designed. its fucking horrid.

Looks like he's about to start a magical girl transformation sequence.

So don't buy it. Get a BoP MkIII box and paint it green.

Only decent looking guys imo

lol buying gw products. nah. I just watch battle reports and read fiction. It still looks like shit mang.

No thank you. I will stick with the Forgeworld Typhus model for now. He at least doesn't look like a Christmas tree.

What's up with the pose? Was he startled by something?

Huh, is it too late to get the old Typhus?

Whelp, I didn't get the old Typhus thinking the new would be as good or better. Boy did I miscalculate.

tones of the old model on ebay

The worst thing about these models is GW's sterile, uninspired paintjob

Why did they fuck him up so bad? The precious version is way better than that.

Why are GW models becoming increasingly cartoonish and animated. It's like they're gearing up for a WOW-style MMO.

>So what the fuck is this cancer?
Judging by that pose?
A Jojo reference?

>GW models
>Increasingly cartoonish

got to get kids to buy this shit. even though kids cant afford this shit. weird.

OOGAH BOOGAH! ME BE FEARED MAGICIAN!

Ever heard of parents to spoiled middle class children?

That was back when the film flash was cool.

I hate it as well dude. Just have to hope they don't fuck everything else up.

What do you mean by "when"?

NO DOGS ON FURAFFINITY

You lost me there mate.

NO WOLF ON FENRIS

Perfection. Whenever you read fluff including magnus, this is what you should be imagining in your head.

>This is the ideal male body

A new version in which they removed the simian aspects would honestly have looked pretty good imo.

>So what the fuck is this cancer?
Not sure, I count at least five types, and what looks like gout

>removed the simian aspects
unacceptable

Which is why that glorious hideousness will never be released.

Is he posed? Cause.. it's actually hard to say..

>that leg length
haha manlet marine

There has to be a way to repose the right arm into a battle posture. It just looks too flamboyant for a man of the Death Guard.

The pose might work if one were to convert him into a sorcerer as it looks kinda like he's summoning something or channeling a spell.

>that many gubbinz
does GW just hate minipainters
or is it all a ploy to sell more of their own paints

Typhus is a sorcerer.

>No nipple horns
What the fuck Forgeworld?

What the fuck is that design? There are so many things going on at once it turns into a mess. this shit got it right and looks great because of it. Typhus has waaaaaaaaaaaay too much useless shit bulit onto his model.

I think the pose would be better if the staff was planted on the ground and something else was done with the other hand.

God that looks shit. He looks like he's about to fall over backwards. Someone put a banana peel under his foot. Maybe he's part of a set, with Draigo pushing him from the front and Stern kneeling behind him.

I guess it was inevitable though. Unlike the other two CSM characters they've redone, the previous Typhus model hasn't aged. I guess the only thing you can really say is it was a bit static, so maybe this is a classic GW extreme over-correction.

You're dealing with epic here.
loads of bad sculpts
weird proportions and the like

I also greatly dislike the pose. I'll stick to my conversion from lord of contagion.

>"Taa daaaah! It's ME! TYPHUS! And I've brought my little friends!"

It's like they keep slapping things and things laughing and laughing until no one even remebered what was the model they covered in shit but didn't give a fuck.

>foetid bloatdrone with fleshmower

AHAHAHAHAHAHA 40k IS LITERALLY AGE OF SHITMAR NOW HAHAHA

Is that dude actually in the DocRobotnikTrips.jpg pose? Someone Paint in knob-gobbling fuckmints, and I think it'd be a spot on copy.

When did Sarah Jessica Parker join the Death Guard?

In a few years that chick is gonna be a babe, and that dude will be a tranny or in jail

That is some goofy shit there.

>Cylon drone is a lawnmower

>British girl maturing into a babe instead of a filthy slag
Not likely, mate.

>Chaos Space Marines Billy Bob and Jimmy Joe pilot their Chaos Tractor

Kek

>There are literally people who inironically prefer this shit to the new models

Shut up whore, it looks fucking gorgeous.

No one does. The model isn't even the same scale, being made for Epic.

I really hate newfags who have only been here for two editions. 40k has always been cartoonish except for the weird lapse of quasi-realism we got, which was new horrible. The new models are great and a lot more reminiscent of GW in the good 'ol days.

They were somewhat cartoony, but they weren't overdesigned and made to look like they are straight out of League of Legends or whatever MOBA tripe is popular these days.

user, you need to learn punctuation.

>"So what the fuck is this, Cancer?"

And yes, a whole mass of tumours in his armour.

I think he is supposed to be doing some summoning the flys / ordering advance thing.

Still rather stupid pose. I think the Nurgling / fly position are what put it over to terrible for me. Remove the Nurgling (or put him on the base) move the flys to his back, lower his glaive arm, and change his off hand from a surfboard pose to a more resting open one. Then he would be passable.

I'm different, apart from Mortarion, I loathe the new Nurgle stuff. So far it's been mostly over detailed clipped together mono-pose abortions. I hate the over use of tentacles (not a fan of tentacles on CSM in general). They are modeled more like Nurgle Daemons or Nurgle Chaos Warriors instead of the old classic Death Guard Plague Marine. Aesthetically there is way to much going on, functionally it removes my options for modelling. For me these kit bashed Plague Marines are spot on as to what Plague Marines should be. bloodofkittens.com/wargaminghub/2013/03/31/wip-death-guard-plague-marines/

You honestly can't call the new Typhus model great. This is awful.

Just looked at it and I quite like it as well. Better than Grillingfan at least.

The new models are over designed as part of an effort to make them harder to counterfeit by third parties and home modelers, sort of like all the shit you see on 20 dollar bills these days. I'm sure they did market studies that prove their targeted demo of males 16-35 like the Joe Madiera tier imagery too. The weird, overly complicated names are further there to make figs more easily copywrite-able to prevent repeats of Chapterhouse. Finally, they're coming plastic monopose because they're trying to sell to more entry level interests who want figs but lack the skills or inclination for clipping, sculpting, and modifying.

I mean... yeah, Veeky Forums, you pretty blatantly aren't their target market here. Why would we be? Grognards are either assured sales and therefore marketing towards them is wasted money, or they're always going to go with cheaper more customize-able third parties they can hack up and reassemble with green stuff and magnets as they like.

>were somewhat cartoony

>there are people who unironically think people like earily epic models
yeah i'll have one of those long barreled leman russes and that chimera that is two boxes

That's leagues superior to the new Typhus. Old typhus carried a sense of grim menace, and was nicely understated. new Typhus looks like mobile CCG character.

Typhus, Host of the Destroyer Hive, it says right there under the picture.

It's a matter of posing and being a bit too busy
if he was hunched over a bit more that would work much better

I am a little rough on my Death Guard fluff, but what is the Destroyer Hive? Does Nurgle have his own equivalent of Tyranids?

It means he's host to a hive of destroyer flies, which are the flesh eating disease carrying demonic murder flies that fucked up the Death Guard in the warp. They live in his body like bee's.

he's the pain from MGS 3
sept with demonic flies

Warning: You probably don't wanna look at this

its this

I'm just gonna come out and say it: I fucking hate all the nurglings.

I'm pretty okay with the design of these Death Guard models, but I fucking hate how there are fucking nurglings and little smiling pus gremlins and other tiny bugs and whatnot all over everything.

They don't just clutter the designs, they're also way less cute than they used to be. Now they're just ugly little goblin things and lost all the charm they used to have.

Fuck you.

To be fair, he did warn you.

I spoilered it and told you not to look user

We AoS now. Nurgle is fuken gay anyway, shoulda been new admech models instead

>Nurgle is fuken gay anyway
He's one of the more interesting Chaos Gods since his personality isn't a stereotypical evil god archetype.

Magnus the Red
>Is blue

Literally one fucking job.

Good lord, this is a perfect example of GW overdesigning shit; I think there's a good model conversion hidden somewhere in there, but you'd have to spend an hour just cutting, filing off shit, and filling in gaps with green stuff just to get it.

Great, now I'm actually imagining it, shit's like some weird combo of Sailor Moon and Captain Planet.

>plays literal cancer faction
>surprised about cancer

His hair is red.

Well, he appears to have numerous different types of Cancer user, all of them gifts of Nurgle.

>Daemon Primarch of Tzeentch
>FUCKING TZEENTCH
>CHAOS GOD OF CHANGE
>CHANGER OF WAYS
>Not thinking you can paint him whatever color you want

ITT Pleb Taste

does anyone here a have a shot of the points costs of things in the death guard codex? PLEASE LINK IT TO ME.