Warhamer 40k General /40kg/

We don't need the last thread Edition
Imperial Armours are going to take forever Sub Edition

>Death Guard stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/07/codex-focus-death-guard-part-2-special-rules-and-psychic-powers-sep-7gw-homepage-post-2/

>Top 5 Squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Konor Campaign
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Does anyone have the "ALL SMILES" pox Walker pic?

Post Squigs!!

Put a little tiny propeller on the rightmost one

*raucous cackling*

>Even GW forgets about the Necrons sometimes
(WD doesn't mention them when talking faction themes)
What went wrong with the Necrons?

Continued from last thread. 6/17

7/17 Unholy numbers represent...

Oh nice idea!!

8/17

9/17

They were a mini faction based on a pre-internet meme that they tried to expand into a faction proper.

With Strike from the Shadows for Raven Guard, does each unit you infiltrate still count towards how many units you've dropped for figuring out who finished deploying their guys first?

10/17

I love old art like this. Also checked.

11/17

Delete this spooky nightmare.
I think their lore development over the years has ruined some things. Or you know we wuz kangz in space isn't cool. Who knows?

It seems to follow all the same rules for deep strike but just costs CP, so I'd say yes.

13/17

14/17

If I wanted to use chaos termies in a fluffy-but-competent IW army, should I run them all combi plasma or like 3 plas and 2 melta with powerfists as well? Would I be gimping myself if I mix like that and should just use other things for dedicated anti armor? They'd be accompanied by a termie lord.

What a terrible meme it must've been

15/17

Whats a good book to start on? I was going to do the eye of terra set but I honestly dont know and thats why I havent started until now.

16/17

The rule book.

Warden of the Blade
It's fairly short.
Crow is cool.

Purifiers still only have 1A

17/17

Last post.

And to people bitching. This is easy and alot less stress on all parties to read something.

I am posting this once as a gift, you dont want it always remember... Grandfather gives is ultimate gift to all....

And that gift is despair.......

>post ends in 7
Dang.

>alot

[childish shooty noises]

I bought a bunch of dangles in 6e out of excitement for their creepy imperium-as-the-bad-guy aesthetic and weird wargear options like the porta-rack. Abandoned the project in 7e due to going mostly into ravenwing and watching it turn into unpleasant to fight cheese.

Recently painted up Cypher and restored some busted old csm as black legion from a friend's pile of trash, and between that and all these unused dangles/unbuilt dangles I'm kinda thinking it would be fun to make a combined force of cypher-lead fallen that's grouped up with a black legion warband for strength/safety.

Was kinda thinking something like this:

Vanguard detachment
Cypher (owned)
6xFallen (can build) with plasmaguns, missile launcher, and combi plasma/power sword champion
6xFallen (can build) with plasmaguns, missile launcher, and combi plasma/power sword champion
BL 5xTerminators - Combi bolters and power axes

Outrider Detachment
BL Chaos Terminator Lord - Murder Sword and combi flamer
BL 5xRaptors with 2x Meltaguns and champion with plasma pistol and power fist (built) MoS
BL 5xRaptors with 2x Meltaguns and champion with plasma pistol and power sword (built) MoS
3xChaos Bikers with 2x Plasma Guns and 1x Power maul (would build from ravenwing)

And add this forgefiend with autocannons and ectoplasma cannon I have painted on whichever as HS. That's about 1350 ish points, and I guess I could fill up to 1500 with a sorcerer and some cultists at the rear.

Does this sound okay as a list to paint/purchase towards? I haven't really played as chaos before.

>pewpewpew
>BRRRRRRRRRRT
>VROOMVROOM

>KABOOM

Did the Tyrannofex and Exocrine ever stop being shit?

>This is easy and alot less stress on all parties to read something.

How is it easier than a pdf or epub? You wasted time and posts to accomplish an inferior solution to a problem that didn't exist.

Even now, my favorite game is still setting up little army men, making shooty noises to myself, and pretending they are fighting

What is this?

Nurgle rotted his pea brain

Idiocy on display.

Exocrine yes, Tyrannofex actually got worse.

Both are still overpriced in points, the tyrannofex hilariously so, but the exocrine is actually worth using.

thanks for the read, user.

It's ashort story about Mortarion.

People are complaining cause it wasn't uploaded to a pdf format. Follow linked posts and it is all there though.

I wish they made the double tread tanks bigger or something. They look super wonky.

Begrudgingly, I have to agree about the Tyrannofex. Between poor BS and low shot count with it's premiere anti-tank gun, short range anti-infantry weapons that force you to move on a model that benefits from not moving, it's just not very good. Impressive to look at, but not very good. I still like fielding it sometimes though, just for aesthetic reasons.

Exocrine is amazing. Like a better version of the thing it was 7th, but now actually dangerous to most things you point it at.

So I've been working on some Minotaurs chads, and I've been thinking - how different do you think their organization would be, considering their technological surplus? I figure they'll have a greater preponderance of rarer vehicles and equipment, but what about at a squad level? The Badab FW book has some good info, but not nearly enough for me to decide how to build these guys up, especially with the addition of Primaris and their assorted equipment.

Which chaos legion is objectively the best out've all of them?

Calling the rupture cannon a "premiere anti-tank gun" is a funny joke. You would be better off with a lascannon.

He did specify
>it's premiere anti-tank gun

Not THE anti-tank gun
what're its stats?

>chain spears
BRILLIANT

That's what it's supposed to be used for, but not exactly what it's good at. Turns out it's usually not good at anything, and that makes me sad. I just want the giant dick cannon to fuck something up other than my low expectations.

Wait, when are the new DG models besides Morty going on pre-order?

Looking good, user.

I'm not an expert on their lore, but from what I remember Minos are the High Lord's go-to chapter when an Astartes chapter gets out of line, right? I'd focus on anti-marine loadouts, since that is what they are employed for. Anything that seriously negates power armor's save to reflect their preferred enemy.

Thousand Sons. Aesthetically superior and actually gets out and does things.

From the 23rd onward.

They'll be added, a few units each week, over the next few weeks. They released Primaris the same way.

Heavy 2 S10 AP-2 D2

If both shots hit, it goes to AP-4 D6 (it should've been this from the start)

On a BS4+ unit in an army that can't get any re-rolls or bonuses to hit.

So if you roll above average to hit, your damage becomes average?

What the actual fuck

Do we have the lore behind this picture yet?

A second stormtalon with lascannons or a stormhawk with typhoon missile launcher and las talon?

I love him.

Even chaos marines despise xenos.

Anyone put one of those blushing anime faces or the one with the open mouth on it yet?

Tyranid ranged weapons in general have a problem with being designed nonsensically. Venom cannons and Heavy Venom cannons have had a "what the fuck is this even for?" issue since 5th edition and are subsequently never used even though loads of units have access to them.

Morty heard the Tau talking shit

Does it feature him not being a little bitch who literally nobody respects, for once?

Yeah.....the more things change the more they stay the same. Neat model though. Pay more for a 6 pack of Hiveguard with Impaler Cannons and you get better results but less giant monsters.

Huh, and the Fex can fire twice if it doesn't move. Pretty big thing there.
It also has relentless natively.

I think this is going to be sleeper hit from the DG codex desu

I think plenty of people are going to respect him on the tabletop. As for fluff, he always came off as the begrudging primarch and later daemon prince, to me.

Are Armored/Scout Sentinels good units or are they just useful to fill Fast Attack slots?

No, but I'm gonna bet it's something to do with the 4th Sphere Expansion. I'm not sure what sept those colors are, though, and after all the DG are going to Ultramar and T'au territory isn't far, relatively speaking, so regular T'au Empire forces scrapping with the Death Guard isn't unthinkable.

>I think plenty of people are going to respect him on the tabletop
Of course they will, he's a Primarchâ„¢. They're not allowed not to be the strongest thing on the tabletop.

adorable

Ive heard theyre one of the best units for the points in the IG dex, especially for area denial and drawing more fire than they are worth

They are good units because they are cheap enough to be expendable and killy enough to not be ignored and achieve shit. Do not expect miracles out of them and field them in numbers, they are the conscripts of vehicles in that their cheapness is their strength.

Yes, but its cheapest loadout is 225 points with short ranged weapons on a unit that moves 6" and benefits from not moving. It's total trash.

Chaos marines are the only ones with a winning record against the tau IIRC. They got BTFO several times in the daemonkin codex in ways that don't even make sense

Scout Sentinels with Flamers look good on paper.
I wouldn't bother using them any other way.

Explaining the chaos power rankings from last thread.
1) Tzeentch. Actual Chaos. A Saturday morning cartoon villain, sure, but this is 40k. Bird motif, 2 heads, sacred number 9, all very alien and chaotic.
2) Slaanesh. Excess, lust and extravagance are all good 40k evils. Becoming numb to them as a worshipper is some of the best grimdark in the setting.
3) Nurgle. One trick pony revolving around pestilence. The models are alright, but all homogenized, Sort of bland and one dimensional, but not as bad as
4) Khorne. The traditional western style of daemons are really cool in AoS, but seem out of place beside space armor. Also entirely 2 dimensional. Kill kill kill.
5)Undivided. At least pick a flavor.
Please subscribe to my blog.

>tyranids can adapt to nurgle diseases
>somehow lose to the DG because they made a planet too toxic
This makes no fucking sense

don't expect them to do much, but they're cheap. Toss on lascannons and keep them out of range of heavy bolters

salamander scout vehicles are better

It is the DG Codex and they are the hot new models. Of course NPCs are gonna job hard here, even if it makes no sense.
Gonna make some Necrons died from super flu somehow too

Sounds like T'au outside their own fluff. In anyone else's they're cannon fodder.

Tyranids being able to adapt to literal daemonic diseases makes no sense either to be fair.

It actually shows him as maybe the most sane, logical Primarch that ever existed.

Truthfully, the only way people who could hate on him so much are those who read a piece of lore and took something from it personally. Or, more likely, they are the type of person who goes out and buys 3 Primaris repulsor tanks without care or interest in the actual model.

Oh and Grey knight players, alot on here, hate the shit out of him cause the was the best part of heir dedicated Audio-drama.

Everyone hates the Tau.

I'd put Undivided higher on the list, just for the potential for some traditional evil anarchy/glory-seeking with Tzeentch's 'All is flame/chance' nonsense: pure ambition.
Futility and nihilism are also hallmarks of Nurgle, though it honestly doesn't add much.

>>killing a tomb world with a mass outbreak of robo-bonitis

After Lucius possessing a Necron I'm willing to expect any level of retardation from new fluff.

Think beefier HWT for the Armored variant and you've a good idea of how to use them. Doubly so since if you take Lascannons (you madman) people get anal about wanting to murder them for some insane reason. Oddly, they can hold their own in melee against some units and just keep em bogged down for quite a while if the opponent is stubborn enough to just not leave combat.

>It actually shows him as maybe the most sane, logical Primarch that ever existed.
>Its not sorcery because reasons XD
Na.

Thanks for making me know what my next army I'm now going to be buying is user

Man , the perspective in that pick is sorta fucked. His scythe looks like an axe.

And I would think GK players love him, since he got to job to their Sue-in-chief and all.

30 dollars a model makes fielding these in large numbers a wallet killer though. Games Workshop should sell a 3
model kit like they do Killa Kans.

Why does Morty hate the Emperor so much, anyways? I don't think I ever actually learned why, which always makes him seem like the most asshole-ish.

>Futility and nihilism are also hallmarks of Nurgle
But also at odds with spreading all of Papa Nurgle's gifts. It's not like they catch space aids and give up on life. They're like the bug chasers in the gay community trying to catch every type of space aids and give that blessing to others. Also people try to portray him as more caring and benevolent than the other chaos gods which is kind of boring

He did what now?
Because Emps killed his foster dad when he wanted to do it. After that Morty's only friends were Horus and Cruze.

The fact that there are essentially Nurgle cults irl disgusts and terrifies me.

Nurgle's followers think he's caring.
>He loves me so much that his new Bubonic dick rot plague makes the chronic appendix regeneration and explosion he gave me hurt less