Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Imperial fisting edition

Death Guard preorder sub-edition

>Death Guard stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/07/codex-focus-death-guard-part-2-special-rules-and-psychic-powers-sep-7gw-homepage-post-2/

>Top 5 Squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Konor Campaign
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xh_AVD_7hMQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>the codex with the best looking cover is $200 in burger tokens
GW PLS DELET

First for the Eighth.

I'm finally starting an excorcists army! Should be really fun to work on, these dudes are just to get the scheme down but I look forward to going all out on converting and customizing my dudes once I get into it.

Anyway, what're you working on /40kg/? And good games or projects on the board?

>like Mortarion model
>hate Mortarion

This is my dilemma.

Nth for original nid colors are best nid colors

>Shilling out for expensive special editions that will be invalidated by a week 1 errata

People will actually do this in droves

paint him red and say he's stinky NEET magnus

turns out you're just like nurgle user

>stinky neet magnus
exactly the portrayal that nerd deserves

Gotta say that does look pretty good, the red especially.

delete this

I'm working on a couple units of noise marines, and I've got bits for everything but the backpacks.

Anyone have recommendations?

Id pay $80 for all the artwork and the special bits, but not that goddamn much

I was gonna start converting some AOS Blood Warriors into Berzerkers on Friday but I forgot I have no plastic clippers and it ground the whole fucking project to a halt. I was gonna lop their legs off at the knee and replace their leather boots with CSM lower legs to make them fit better but they're too thick to be cut with an x-acto so it's gonna have to wait til I can go to my LGS to pick some clippers up. I'd have gone that night but it's a Friday night and I avoid FNM like the plague.

drummer, bass and vocalist

So how do these guys fit into the mechanicus hierarchy? Are they basically the ecclesiarchy to the other tech priest administratum?

But it's Saturday user

They're just a sub-cult within the Cult Mechanicus.

They act as purity testers for the Ad-mech. They are basically a bunch of self-righteous preachers who try to tell Arch-Magos when they are commiting heresy.

They're their own branch of the Mechanicus. You've got to remember Admech is basically an ancap dream world unless you go too far out of line (and that's gotta be something really, really crazy), but they're sort of a warrior-monk thing that focuses on conflict over tech and innovation.

So kinda yes, but mostly they're akin to death cults or something similar. Not outright declaration powerful, but they can fuck you up if you mess with them

>guitar sonic guns
You're doing Slaanesh's work, user.

Think about them like the Schismatics compared to the rest of the Mechanicus' Orthodoxy. Then those schismatics into Catholics and Protestant (Fulgerites and Corpuscarii).

Blood Angels players what are we going with these days?

Ive got the start collecting the Death Company Box a priest a librarian a furioso some sanguinary guard dante and some assault marines

Jump pack spam as always? Going melta assault squads still?

Apparently Death Companies are the bees knees.

People were talking like Rhino Rush was going to be a thing again. I don't really know if it worked out or not.

>Magnus drop his job abandoning the crusade
>Become shut in doing nothing of benefit for the larger Imperium
>mostly a parasite that sucked Imperium resources for his hobby
>Self centered who constantly hated being called for sitting on his ass most of the time to focus on his hobby
Well user do have a point

You should read about the war between the two factions of them, because it's like if a bunch of physicists started jihading eachother over an argument about kinetic vs potential energy. In brief, it's hilarious and an excessive amount of people die. Very 40k

Fucking lit, keep it up

With the added irony of the Numinous Conclave stating that they both are fully aware that they work best when they work together but neither ever wants to admit it.

That is also very 40k.

I mean, Big E would be better off is it was Sigismund instead or Horus.

this and groupies

also you better paint those motherfuckers in 80's hair metal colors

Should the groupies be daemonetts?

current daemonette models are kinda shit. The Juan Diaz ones would work. For meme value you could bring those female human prisoners from Vect's old Dias of Destruction (they're still on GW webstore).

Maugan Ra or Fuegan?

I was thinking of converting my own Fuegan using a Fire Dragon Exarch and a ghost axe from the Wraithblade kit.

Why is GW including a shitty cardboard spinner? To get the tween vote or something?

Maugan Ra's model has aged better.

Mortarion was a good boy, he dindu nuffin

He wuz goin' to crusade collage, he wuz gonna get his primarch degree

1-3: Finish Heldrake
4-6: Build Leviathan
7-9: Build Spartan Assault Tank
0: Go to bed
Dubs: Film myself throwing Magnus the Red into the lake while autistically screeching

Fuegan is much better on the table
But his model is complete ass

Holy shit they are. I would say go a mix for maximum style, maybe throw a few deldar chicks or repentia too for even more flavor.

>finnish heldrake

fyuk yeeh

Dubsdubsdubs

Then he started hanging out with the no good delinquent Typhus and it was all downhill from there.

I wanted a zero desu

Typhus is such a flaming faggot of a drama queen.

So, Miasma of Pestilence, Blades of Putrefaction and Putrescent Vitality are go to powers for Mortarion, right? He can only manifest two powers, so -1 to be hit and 8T should be what we uses most of the time, while Blades allow him to wound T5-7 targets on 2s and allow him to engage 3/4++ Characters better.

>T8 -1 to hit 3+ 4++ 5+++ 18W

Let's talk 40k civilians, Veeky Forums.

Good idea? Bad idea?

Should they have rules? Should they have vehicles? Should they be cool-looking gewgaws like the WHFB 'Citizens of the Empire?'

D'aww I wanted dub option, tonight/tg/ is pretty boring

It is not yet time for user to become a legend. There's always next time.

So far both Daemon Primarchs have been given wings. Do you guys think they'll give us a footslogging one or will that not let it be fuckhuge enough to get all the impulse buys?

Those look fantastic! I wonder why nobody really does this?

Blue over white, or vice versa?

They won't be able to charge $230 for a girlyman sized figure
So they'll never do it

needed mo diseases fo dem gas masks n shiet

Lorgar and Pert don't have wings. Fulgrim and Angron both do.

They all have wings

Lorgar and Pert do not

>Angron is wingless but so big he's taller than Magnus with his wings
I want it to happen

Even angron has wings yeah? I think he's canonically the size of a warhound titan though.

For non wingaling primarchs you'd have to get perty to become relevant enough to warrant his creation or Lorgar to wipe of his mascara and stop crying in his room.

Lorgar, pert, and alpharius (if he's alive) definitely won't.

Angron definitely could, Fulgrim MIGHT but I don't think he will. I want more small Primarchs, bob's size was perfect imo

What about Pert and Lorgar?

Honestly I wasn't even considering the non-cult Primarchs. I'm not sure well even get them.

>alpharius
>daemon primarch

>I think he's canonically the size of a warhound titan though
Since that definitely isn't going to happen when he gets his model, he'll probably be a little bit smaller than Mortarion. Mort and Magnus were both the tallest primarchs anyways.

but they CAN charge a cool hundy for a regular size primarch AND two other named characters!

Seriously though those triumvirates were very good to me in terms of getting me models for characters and units I wanted to have models. If more regular size primarchs make that happen again I'm all for it.

I'm still not sure how Pert and Lorgar can be daemon primarchs when they said there is only one undivided daemon prince and that is Bel'lakor.

Old lore, I guess. They've never been officially retconned into NOT being Daemons.

He may be really big but just hunched over in his usual angron hunch. Make bloodthirster sized or slightly smaller. Hunchedthirster.

In 40k Bel'akor is the first undivided Daemon Prince, not the only.

Pretty sure even the most recent codexes refer to them as daemon primarchs. I'm pretty sure the 6th ed books even reference what exactly pert did to get lifted to daemonhood.

Also nobody fucking cares about Belakor.

Fuck off Carnac.

Lorgar being one would still make sense they just need to cave on the undivided issue. They could change Pert though, it would add an interesting dynamic to himself and his legion.

>pointing out lore discrepancies and GW stupidity
>carnac
pick one

Whatever you say, Carnac.

I kinda think Pert should be whatever the ultimate form of the Obliterator cult is.

Now that would make a pretty nice(and expensive) model.

The CSM codex calls Perturabo and Lorgar Daemon Primarchs. Maybe they're daemons but not Daemon Princes.

Maybe they are just not the result of all 4, maybe Pert is just a Khorn and Tzeentch prince or something?

>T8 -1 to hit 3+ 4++ 5+++ 18W
>BS3 Las shoot vs Mortarion
>0.5 hit, 0.33wound, 0.17unsaved, 0.6 damage, 0.4 after DR
>45 las canon shoots needed on average

In contrast, 3++r1 Magnus vs Las takes 56.25 shoots to be killed, although Mortarion fares better against S7/8 weapons.

They are daemon princes. Don't bullshit.

The Index Chaos says that Be'lakor is alone among the daemon princes not to serve a single master. He is the only.

youtube.com/watch?v=xh_AVD_7hMQ

What would Horus think of the current state of his legion?

The Sons of Horus are dead.

The moment before he died, the Emperor stripped away his corruption and he realized everything that had gone wrong.

So he'd probably be p mad.

>i miss the luna wolves
>why is abaddon in charge
>what ever happened to loken

>The moment before he died, the Emperor stripped away his corruption and he realized everything that had gone wrong.

.. why the fuck didn't he strip his corruption right from start?

>>I wish I had a legion
>>I really fucked up, huh?
>>Yikes, the other legions didn't even leave my legion's graveyard intact
>>Sorry, guys - my bad
>>But also Lorgar's bad
>>And Erebus
>>Fuck you and your fucking face, Erebus, you god damn asshole

uh, didn't they become the Black Legion

cause chaos was fighting it

and emps also hadn't unleashed his full power cause he still loved Horus

It's complicated, basically anyone loyal to Horus over Abby was purged out of the legion.

No. Read the Black Legion series.

depends which warband of the black legion you ask. Some say they changed their name as a sign of morning for their primarch and warmaster, others say they don't want to be associated with Horus, as he failed to destroy the imperium. Depending which reason you buy, the black legion is either a continuation of the Sons of Horus or are no longer Horus' legion.

we don't talk about that stage of our lives, okay?

Hey guys

I posted here about a month ago about my shit-tier Rubric marines, and I just painted my Exalted Sorcerers. College took a lot of my time up, but I managed to get these guys all done. I painted two in the box, unsure about painting the third since I doubt I'll put 3 exalted sorcerers in my army, just swapping out disc and foot when I need to.

Does it look better? I got a bunch more paints and took Duncan's advice.

No.

Most of them were killed by the other legions who were pissed about what they perceived was the sons' fault for losing the war and getting them all stuck in super hell. Many survivors joined Abaddon, most of the black legion are randos from any former legion, anyone willing to work together.

How about you ask one of their founding members instead of lying? The black color over their armour is meant to wash over their allegiance and histories to their former legions. Orginally, Abaddon's Legion was nameless. It got its name from the other legions in the Eye who kept calling them Black Legion as an insult.

Can we talk about the fact that in the new DG codex you can equip a bloatdrone with a literal lawn mower that does 6 extra attacks?

Looks real damn thick still. Is it dry?