Exalted General - /exg/

What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms of the Chosen Preview.docx?dl=0
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/d8erArwm
pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
pastebin.com/2pPpjjv5
pastebin.com/fLRD51Hf
pastebin.com/VwCdMgCG
pastebin.com/RmUiuBKR
pastebin.com/MbTG7ZH6
pastebin.com/ccPnXHQz

Previous thread: Let's discussed the Jadeborn, the toally not dwarves of Exalted. Have you used them in your games?

Other urls found in this thread:

howsfamily.net/Exalted/map/
ytcropper.com/cropped/BU59b5f84e47097
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Jadeborn
Never heard of them

Is Autochthon's death and sickness because Law of Diminishment and Alchemical?

It might be in 3E, but that certainly wasn't the case in previous editions. Previously the sickness was just a part of Autochthon's nature, I think.

Okay, so does the concept of Elsewhere as a pocket dimension still exist in 3E or not? Because a part of me actually likes the idea of random Solar weapons appearing throughout Creation.

>Okay, so does the concept of Elsewhere as a pocket dimension still exist in 3E or not?
Yes. Or rather it's just Elsewhere, not a specific dimension shared by all the things sent Elsewhere. Not really a place, just not here, no matter where 'here' is. It definitely doesn't refer to any place in Creation, however.

Elsewhere is Elsewhere, not elsewhere in Creation.
It is a cool concept though, might use that in a game some time.

I wonder if we'll ever get this CUTE Night's name.

>Varang is one big Astrological Divination project by the Sidereal to try and see the future of something big.

>Elsewhere is somewhere on Cecelyne as dictated by the surrender terms

Damn that's some nice homebrew OP, but why is there so many dupes?

Also, just found about Yozicthon. Wish there were charms for him though. Too bad my writing is shit.

Actually finding myself not hating this change in Elsewhere. It's up to the ST & Players to decide what is considered "safe" and removed enough.
>Is it a personal Pocket Dimension within the Exalt's Flesh?
>Do Abyssals hide their weapons within the Neverborn's tombs?
>Is there an ancient contract that states material banished to Cecelyne may not be searched for?
>Or does the Exalt define for themselves where Elsewhere is? Be it their Manse, or a cave hidden within and old copse they found as a child.

>A Solar retrieves his sword he has had no reason to use in several Seasons
>It has acquired a least god after it landed point-first on a wolf that was menacing a village and thereafter worshipped
watdo?

Mnemon joins the light music club

W-yld hunt?

I'm hoping that Towers of the Mighty -- and the Edition as a whole -- features significantly greater numbers of Shogunate Ruins than First Age Ruins.

Unlike the Scarlet Empire, the Shogunate actually covered and controlled all five Directions of Creation, including the reaches of the Threshold not yet lost to the Wyld. Whatever had not been destroyed in the Usurpation, they owned. They were free to ransack, exploit, use, expend and repurpose any "First Age" facility still standing.

By the time the Great Contagion hit, a great majority of those holdings should have already been ruined or outright destroyed, either from the Dragon-Blooded using those weapons against each other, wrecking infrastructure to deny it to their rivals, the wars destroying the merchantile network required to supply those facilities, and the inability of anyone not a Solar to comprehend how to maintain, repair or replace certain crucial parts.

Thus, the only edifices to the First Age still standing by the time the Scarlet Empress takes the stage would tend to be the Solar Tombs, since those would be the one sort of structure that the Shogunate absolutely wanted to avoid and leave alone. Likely the few Terrestrials that didn't became cautionary tales to the rest.

By contrast to First Age ruins, there should be many more Shogunate ruins that survived the Twin Troubles. Obviously, anything built by the Dragon-Blooded is something that the Dragon-Blooded could properly maintain (give or take the staggering decline of the global economy without Solar management), so most of them would have been in MUCH better condition before the Fair Folk Invasion than most non-Tomb leftovers from the First Age. There also would have necessarily been more Shogunate facilities around at the time, given the number of Solar facilities that would have been already cannibalized or outright destroyed.

It also occurs to me that reducing the number of edifices dating back to the Old Realm makes it easier to keep the exact nature of the First Age mysterious. You don't need to paint an exact picture when the picture is supposed to be torn, water-stained and faded from centuries of abuse and neglect.

Besides, the Shogonate has been almost criminally neglected up to this point.

>Besides, the Shogonate has been almost criminally neglected up to this point.
That is true. It's weird that such an important part of the setting's history hasn't gotten more love.

What were the Five Stations?
Journey, Study, Humility, Something, and Loss?
Journey being travelling the world
Study being mentored by someone
Humility for learning to be humil
Something being something
Loss being giving up something significant in some way

Or something like that?

>Chimera Lunar girlfriend

yeah, i'd kill for a good Shogunate erabook. it's more relevant to the setting status quo than the fucking High First Age is.

Wasn't there a spell to draw water from stone in 2e?

"it's just dragonbloods. you're supposed to only like solars damnit"

Why isn't there environmental Resistance Charms?

It's Survival, idiot.

an Exalted general?
i wish i could post in the exalted general meaningfully.

but i last played in 1st edition. something tells me the game got ret-conned and lore-creeped to hell.

cheers.

I don't think the people on SV exactly like 2e.

You can always story-time, if you want? At least one user here wants to know what it was like to plat 1E Exalted.

Sure they do, just their own houseruled version of it.

Can Exalted receive the sacrifices from those who worship them if they go to heaven?
Like, if you sacrifice a talent of Jade would they receive it when they visit Heaven, like they'd receive the Ambrosia and Quintessence

2e made everything magitech and explained everything down to that rice grain's god's brother's uncle's pet elemental 's pet squirrel's name.
3e is going back to magic being magical and magitech not being a thing and stuff being mysterious again.

I posted this question last thread but I don't think I quite made it before it fell off the board, so:

In 3e, do penalties apply to static defenses as well as roll actions? For example, if I have a character who is blinded for whatever reason, I know he takes a -3 penalty to sight-related rolls but does it also apply to his Defense? It's hard for me to imagine that someone who literally can't see is able to dodge and parry as well as anyone not similarly handicapped. Likewise, if a character is suffering a penalty from being poisoned? I've gotten conflicting answers elsewhere so I thought I'd see what you guys think.

3E is pretty good mechanically, we'll see how the lore goes once they have stuff out besides the Core.

>Yu-Shan
>10 years after Scarlet Empress disappeared
>Solars are wrecking havoc in Creation
>Heaven is in disarray from hope and despair
>An ordinary day
>Jade Pleasure Dome
>music starts playing
>Gods stop what they're doing to look around in confusion
>Music rises
>some
>The Unconquered Sun kicks open Jade Pleasure Dime's doors
>BODY ONCE TOLD ME
>Incarnae stroll out, take over Heaven and start doing their job again
>Lytek shits his pants
>Chejop Kejak dies of a heart attack

At what amount of houserules does it stop being 2e and start being a fanmade edition?

IIRC earthscorpions ruleset might qualify for that, he changed a lot of stuff.

I think Great Forks on that map is depicted on the wrong bank of the Rolling River. Should be on the west bank.

Disgusting.

Well, at least they're not the worst community out there. I can google the names of their mods and not get a sex offender registry as the first result, for example.

He still kept tick combat, so it's still way too 2E for me bruh.

It's not tho
howsfamily.net/Exalted/map/

>watdo?

Obviously the Least God adds a sweet new optional Evocation that allows it to teleport point first above your enemies.

You Dragoon now, bro

Is it known what kind of Anima Banners/effects Getiminian might have?

So suppose Chejop Kejak knows exactly when his 5000 years are up.

What would be on his bucket list?

dragon demigod best demigod

Oh, you're right. Fuck, my old man memory is failing on me.

they're black and white, so I like to assume they're classy and have old movies playing in their anima- imagine fighting a Getimian with Metropolis playing in the background

that was intentional. to punish you for solving it with your fists 9_9

Anybody have a celestial adaptation of six fisted cockpuncher or a celestial style that has comparable themes?

Oh my

To be honest I can see the overlap existing so both trees can do that.

>BUT THAT IS SURVIVAL'S GOAL!!!1

Survival needs to branch out more anywho. I wanted to make something that would involve using traps and the environment more rather than just being purely the pokemon trainer tree.

DBs had no reason to despoil and destroy the cities they'd conquered. For the most part, these were their cities even before the Usurpation.

Is a talent of Jade 68 or w/e pounds as it is, or after it's committed with Essence?

You can't commit motes to money jade, and it wouldn't change its weight anyway

I was always disappointed lunars didn't get charms like that, setting up traps and such

What is the top speed on Creation?

Idk, how fast does whirlwind rider go at e5?

anybody have the full version of the "make lunars work like alchemicals' conversion for 2e?

That would be stupid as fuck unless he's trying to kill himself in a particularly slow way.

which caste would a solar wanting revenge be?

Any.

How do they plan on proceeding towards getting said revenge?

So, my Abyssal character is going to be a medicine "supernal" and a sort of gentleman serial killer type (think Victorian era gentleman who also happens to treat murder like a favorite hobby), and I'm planning to have a set of soulsteel scalpels as his weapon of choice. What kind of Evocations should I go with? Don't need hard mechanics, just ideas for themes. If possible, something to do with blood would be neat, since I'm also aiming for some vampire undertones with him (which, you know, kind of easy to pull of with an Abyssal).

with mad rage killing anyone who gets in his path

satan bless your abyssal

How is your game handling playable Abyssals?

Basically just color-swapped Solars, with different anima powers and some homebrew for certain charms like Killing Words Technique.

there is any chance of a dragon blooded defeat a dawn solar in single combat?

Dawn

Depends on their Essence and how much investment they have in combat.

iirc lunars and adorjan both have a "run just slightly faster than what you're chasing" charm. so string a bunch of scourges and lunars and send them after the 5 metal shrike. the last one in line is fastest

I figured as much. Are you guys just ignoring Resonance shit?

The Resonance Mechanics in Shards of the Exalted Dream are really good. I'd probably just use those instead.

no

primordials don't worry about that sort of thing, it's why gia's dragonbloods aren't a problem

yes. if solars are an autowin regardless of build, circumstance, or relative powerlevel, then something is broken and we've fallen to 2e's solarcreep(which no matter what holden said inkmonkies significantly contributed to)

>dawn are the strongest among solars who are the strongest among the exalted
>still lose to the weakest
This is a bit dumb

Study, fear, humility, travel and sacrifice.

Also, sorcery is traditionally associated with three implements: a crown, a sword, and a cloak. This dates all the way back to Brigid, the first Sorcerer.

I hope we keep as much of the old fluff as possible. It was pretty cool.

you're a bit dumb, I heard your mom dropped you on the head as a baby

but you dont know me you fag

Has anyone made any artifacts using the new resonant/dissonant rules?

Got 2

> Hound the Blood
Tracking and hunting. You mark with a scratch, and then they can never run far enough away.
Maybe throw in an unnatural compulsion as its capstone, make sure they accept their death with dignity.

> Nourish the Soul
Strip the meat from their bodies to repair your own, strip the essence from their soul to feed your own. Turns the entire thing into more Hannibal Lector though.

> Verb the Noun
Linguistics and Performance ensure that those you hunt, and those who interrupt the hunt, are too captivated by the flashes of silver and your 'unique' manner to interrupt your monologue.
And provides various ways from rolling for temp Intimacies, to straight-up intimidation.

No, I have not. That's that shit from the peach-stealer's staff Evocations where certain situations made them better/worse, yes? Are they always 'on', speaking generally?

Idea:
Take Crippling Pressure Point Strike from Snake Style and split the Gambits into three different charms that can be performed with (Dexterity + Medicine) and deal (essence) damage when you pull them off to represent surgically precise stabbings leaving your victim in a bad way.

A few.

takes one to know one dickhead

They ported that Terrestrial/Mastery system from Martial Arts. Now DBs get stronger evocations from Jade artifacts, and weaker evocations from Soulsteel artifacts, for example, while Sidereals get stronger evocations from Starmetal artifacts and weaker evocations from all the other MMs.

ytcropper.com/cropped/BU59b5f84e47097

That sounds, yeah. At least this way you can build the thematics on knowing what type of Exalt is using the Artifact.
Though people will just have to restrain themselves from bloating every Evocation w/ Res'/Diss'.

>ytcropper.com/cropped/BU59b5f84e47097
uncanny

It would be dumb if Dawns lost to the Dragon-Blooded all the time. There's nothing dumb about Dawns not being guaranteed a victory against the Dragon-Blooded, though. Being the strongest does not mean being invincible, and Dragon-Blooded are still Exalted.

yeah but i dont think even the greatest dragonblooded would defeat a dawn solar

Saying that a particularlt skilled Dragon-Blooded would defeat a Dawn, or that a Dawn would defeat even a particularly skilled Dragon-Blooded, implies that the result of the fight is set in stone. It isn't, of course. A badass DB might or might not defeat a Dawn, depending on the circumstances and luck. He could do it, but he isn't guaranteed to do it. Odds would strongly favor the Dawn, but the DBs situation would not be hopeless. That's how it should work, anyways, and how it hopefully will work in 3E.

>Have you used them in your games?
Yeah, I have. They were the version from the 1E corebook, though, rather than the Office Space 40,000 ones.

Page 188

>Bonuses and penalties also occasionally affect a character’s static values. In these situations, the static value is simply raised or lowered by the amount specified.

can i pledge loyalty to the fairfolk and fuck some fair thots?

It's an important setting element that they have been doing exactly that for centuries.They have the advantage of experience, resources, and numbers over newly emerged Solars and should be a significant threat to them.

Of course. People do it all the time. I hope you're not too attached to your mind, soul, and dreams, though.

we could make a deal
she doesnt eat my soul and i help them to conquer the world

They can't break promises, so that could definitely work. A few probably wouldn't even ask as much as you're wiling to give for what you want and may not even want to ravish you. Fair Folk who live in Creation are an odd bunch. They're very tricksy, though. More than one person has thought they've gotten the better of one of the Fair Folk only to be outsmarted in the end.

Used to be you could compel them if you knew their secret name, though they'd go to any length to destroy you through indirect means. Don't know if that still works. Now I think you can get the same effect by "owning" their Graces, particularly the Heart.

The creators of this system may be weaboos but i doubt they would put magical realm sh-

Well, yeah. That's right in the games conceptual "DNA", the oWoD, pulp fantasy, anime, and mythology (emphasis heavily on the former).

okay
i will roleplay romance with a fat chito-eating fag
sure

I thought the question was a honorable 1v1

Even then, I think it's fine for an experienced Dynast or, more to the point, Immaculate monk to be a threat to a low Essence Dawn who's not hyper specialized.

Maybe he's trusting Exalted to do the impossible as they usually do?

Ah, fear. Cool.
Crown, Sword, Cloak?

The what new rules? From where?

Do Solar have mastery with everything? :v

That was always a thing?