/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

JONAH edition

Upcoming Content: Total War: Warhammer 2, WFRP 4e, unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya, Vermintide 2, Doomwheel

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

battlescribe.net)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for Bretonnia a shit

Summon the elector cunts!

>tfw even when you make friends with some factions, they're still kind of mean to you

>marienburg
Lmao @ u

Its just medieval bantz, means they respect you and think you can handle it.

>-80% to trade income faction-wide

I hope they record new lines for the conbined map after TWW2 is released. I can't wait for the HE/Dwarf and Skaven/Dwarf bantz.

Who the fuck is Jonah?

>tfw playing Call of Warhammer in anticipation for TW:W2

I just want to play as my favorite factions. None of them are in the first game.

I like how even Druchii cups have blades on them.

What do you guys feel about this army list? Are there things that you like about it and are there things you would change?

++ Standard (Warriors of Chaos - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.8.0.) [2496pts] ++

+ Uncategorised +

- Army Size: Army (0-2999 points)

+ Lords +

Daemon Prince [565pts]: Chaos armour, Daemon of Nurgle, Daemonic Flight, Lore of Nurgle, Wizard Level 4
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Chaos Familiar, Flaming Breath, Nurgle's Rot, Scaled Skin, Soul Feeder
. Magic Items: BRB - Charmed Shield, BRB - Dragonbane Gem, BRB - Sword of Striking

+ Heroes +

Exalted Hero [236pts]: Battle Standard Bearer, Great weapon, Mark of Nurgle, Palanquin of Nurgle
. Magic Items: BRB - Dragonhelm, BRB - Potion of Foolhardiness, BRB - Talisman of Endurance

Chaos Sorcerer [140pts]: Lore of Shadow, Wizard Level 1
. Magic Items: BRB - Dispel Scroll, BRB - Enchanted Shield

+ Core +

Chaos Chariot [125pts]: Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Chariot [125pts]: Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Warhounds [40pts]
. 5x Chaos Warhound: 5x Vanguard special rule

Chaos Warriors [385pts]
. Champion
. 20x Chaos Warrior: 20x Mark of Nurgle, 20x Shields
. Musician
. Standard Bearer: BRB - Banner of Swiftness

+ Special +

Chimera [275pts]: Flaming Breath, Regenerating Flesh

Chaos Ogres [390pts]: Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer
. 8x Chaos Ogre: 8x Great weapons, 8x Mark of Nurgle

+ Rare +

Chaos Giant [215pts]: Giant of Nurgle

++ Total: [2496pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (battlescribe.net)

I have had some bad luck running ogres in the past but with some nurgley spells buffing them they should be able to not succumb to any old foe facing them while putting out quite the dmg output. If anyone here have any tips for how to get the most out of them I'd love to hear it!

How fast are ogres? If they're quick, maybe you could dump the warriors for more chariots and blitz.

The diplomacy voicelines for Total warhammer are great

Can you even kill a vampire with daggers?

They're M is 6 so pretty fast. The warriors serve the dual purpose of being my anvil and housing my BSB and Sorcerer so I'm a bit sceptical about dropping it, especially since my Ogres have a tendency to get themselves slaughtered.

Its a metaphor

Probably. Stick a dagger in it's heart then use another dagger to saw off it's head.

Metaphors don't kill anyone.

While I'm at it what do you guys think about this Sorcerer Lord set-up? I was aiming for a compromise between a lord and a sorcerer lord.

++ Standard (Warriors of Chaos - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.8.0.) [425pts] ++

+ Lords +

Chaos Sorcerer Lord [425pts]: Lore of Nurgle, Mark of Nurgle, Wizard Level 4
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Daemonblade
. Magic Items: BRB - Dispel Scroll, BRB - Enchanted Shield, BRB - Potion of Strength, BRB - Talisman of Preservation

Roll your warhammer waifu

If anyone's wondering the Daemon Blade nets the character with d6+3 attacks but any hit rolls of 1 are made against the wielder.

Okay, fine, rollin.

Might as well ask us to check your dubs.

Rollin.

No Valkia no roll.

I don't understand, why put fancy gilded metal bits if you're also going to leave on the dirty slave rags?

It seems like a one or the other situation.

all of these seem like bad gf choices

On one hand, dubz.

On the other hand, oh jesus why Durthu. I just hope I come out as top.

What happens when Daemons die? Can you take a trophy from it, or does it just sorta melt into Chaos?

roll

Both, and also neither. You _can_ chop bits off a daemon and carry them around, but they tend not to last very long in realspace.

That being said, I've heard of spells being put on bits of them (a bloodletter's sword, in one case) that kept them in realspace for a long time.

From the last thread:

I spent yesterday sorting through my bitz, with separate bags for human bitz, chaos bitz, etc. I'm trying to downsize and clear them out, and am looking for ways to use the leftovers.

1) What's a good way to get/make extra torsos/legs so I can use up leftover arms/heads? I've been using sprue and greenstuff.
2) How do you use leftover stuff from dual-use kits? I have a lot of infantry and am trying to have them "mount up".
3) Can a Gorebeast be easily modded/bulked to be a good Juggernaut of Khorne?

Okay, that makes sense. So you can use a Daemon's blood for a ritual, but you probably couldn't mount a Daemonette's head on your wall for more than a couple of days.

Better not be slut in chief.

roly poly

Roalin

1) Sadly I know of no better way than buying more units. Crafting your own is really hard to do if you want them to look decent.
2) Could you rephrase the question?
3)It's fairly easy to convert it into a Daemon Mount. Throw some additional armour on it and it would make a good and unique juggernaut.

I need a badass nurgle champion for wfrp. Talking exalted champion here. What should I give him?

Aids. Aids and cancer.

What I mean is, 8e WHFB was when many of the "giant monster" kits were made to be "dual-use." Like, you could build a Necrosphinx or Warsphinx from the same box, a Hurricanum or a Luminark, etc.

Most my WHFB stuff is "on foot." Empire Militia, State Troops, and assorted stuff for Mordheim. I want to add more cavalry/chariots, and was curious if there were any shortcuts that would let me convert some of my infantry models into cavalry. Stuff like modding Chaos Hounds (two-piece snap-builds alas) to be poorhammer Boars, scratch-building giant spiders, etc.

So, pic related as the champion?

7 please.

This is from 40k, but apparently the White Scars managed to cover a daemon's head in silver and keep it as a trophy. I wouldn't be surprised if you could do something similar with other parts - you just have to add something somehow that makes the form a bit more longer lasting, like the Soulgrinders.

>Not liking wood.
What are you gay?

>vampire gf
>bad choice
She'll literally love you to death, user. It might be an intense rocky relationship sometimes, but think of the possibilities.

Oh well, close enough. Still cute and pale and evil.

i dont know why im doing this

Left over orc legs can be used as great mounted legs.

Chariots can be made out of pretty much whatever and might even look really good if they are pulled by a leash of warhounds.

That dark elf is a slut.

It's just a trap to lure some slaves in with.

>sexy dangerous druchii girl looking for love
>partner needs to be used to hours of long labour in mines and have enough blood for a potential sacrifice (hypothetical)

Remove Khaineinites

What other options are there? I don't feel like the elven pantheon was fleshed out all that much, though I actually enjoyed some of the End Times regiments devoted to certain deities, particularly Drakira's Claws.

Do enough damage and yes.

Ideally you'd use silver.

I wouldn't expect an animal to understand.

Generally any part of a daemon and anything it carries vanishes when it's banished, but this does not hold 100% true. If you're a wizard trying to isolate daemonic components, it probably involves a Channeling test in the RPG.

I've lost control of my life.

Dracula got fucking rekt by a bowie knife and a kukri.

>t. Pleasure Cult filth

Fuck Slannesh and Fuck Khaine.

No gods no masters.

nice digits though

They die more easily than in 40k, I know that much.

Enchanted weapons kill them pretty much guaranteed unless the CGs step in and imbue direct power into them to survive, which is costly and takes time.

Mundane weapons basically Ringwraith them to where they're sent back to the Warp in diminished form and have to "rebuild" themselves.

please be good

That looks awesome. Definitely going to work with this. Thanks.

3 or 7 please

YES!

Nobody would happen to be running any WFRP games online or over Roll20? The only Warhammer Fantasy games on there are in French.
It's been like a year since I got to play, I want to find a game. I'd try and run, but everything I run is cursed and falls apart after session one.

What kind of game are you looking for?

I can't say I am, though I've seen people looking for players before here. I'd like to play if something came along (and I could feasibly make it), so at least you aren't alone.

rollan
wholesome
loving
monogomous
and interested in stories
pls

>Dreadlord

; _ ;

Rolled 4 (1d10)

Meh why not?

Yes. Yes you can, but you'd need to get hilariously lucky.

Thanks, and you're welcome!

If you're into nurgle I highly recommend the Putrid Blightking-box as it gives you plenty of extra bits, including the front side of torsos which can reasonably easy be converted into full torsos by adding a healthy chunk of greenstuff.

>Thanks, and you're welcome!
Back to your general, shill

What's shilly about being polite?

>guy in the back right looks like a monstrous fuck, there's surely something horrible under that helmet by the look of things
>seems to be true for the other models as well
>except for the guy in the middle, who's just a happy cyclops
>even his stomach is probably happy

An anticlimactic cover desu.

>what's shilly about shilling GW models?

Fucking phoneposting-antifications.

They've could certainly have picked a better cover for it.

>Recommending things is being a shill for GW.
We get it you're still butthurt about AoS. Get fucking over it.

>>Recommending things is being a shill for GW.
>AoS box
>not shilling

Go back to your own fucking general.

Belive it or not but companies can actually be capable of making some good products.

But I guess you get some weird sense of entitlement from being buttmad.

>g-g-g-guys please buy our space marines they are good!
>w-w-we also have fedora-dwarves
Back to your general, shill

I am in my general. Warhammer Fantasy belongs in the wfbg-channel. If you don't want to talk about fantasy then what are you doing here?

The box is your problem. Really. Okay then, have this and shut the fuck up, you baby.

>Warhammer Fantasy belongs in the wfbg-channel
Wrong

>Okay then, have this
>End Times
>somehow not AoS
Back to your own fucking general.

Come on now. You're not even trying anymore. Atleast pretend to be something other than a troll.

>y-y-y-y-you are troll!
Not an argument.

Don't mind the haters too much. I get where you're coming from. Atm, I'll pass on the Blightkings since I already have a large backlog as is. I've found Ogres to be a really good investment, as their Ironfists are really easy to turn into torsos, either for Gobbos or Orks (though I would need to do sprue+GS legs for them). Plus the spare Barrels and Gnoblars make for good loot counters.

I bought 3 Burning Chariots before they were repackaged last year with the price hike, which also gave me access to 4 Screamees. They've been amazing conversion fodder.

Are there any other kits worth hunting down? The Hurricanum was awesome for spare "Magic Bitz," Empire Flagellants are cool too.

Ancap dark elves fucking when?

Never go full retard.

End Times is indeed Fantasy and not AoS. It thus belongs in the wfbg-general.

What does /wfbg think about the Storm of Chaos? I started playing at that time and thought it was a neat concept, if somewhat questionably executed

Ofc, it's not an argument you dimwitted bridge-trawler. It's simple a statement. The sky is blue and you are a flagrant troll.

>End Times is indeed Fantasy and not AoS.
>literally AoS prequel, made by AoS writters and designers
>not AoS
Meanwhile, shouldn't you with another shill promoting your new starter?
In another general.

Empire flagellants are indeed great for conversions. Chaos knights also have a lot of nice bits which can be used in various chaos units.

How do I stop my High Elves from running away, even at Ld 8 over half of my army ran off the board.

>utroll
You should be older than GW age rating to post here

End times is by definition Fantasy. You're
arguing that Fantasy should be posted in the AoS general as the setting is the prequel to AoS.
In other words; you're shooting yourself in the foot.